General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Ponies on The Run (Again)

Old 8/11/07, 03:47 PM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 89Trooper
I just hit 14,000!
Took it out for a quick cruise, hit the 1425 mark!

Just went out to start the '89 and it wouldn't start!

It's just the starter... the solenoid is clicking, but it isn't sending the juice to the starter. Oh well... have a lifetime warranty at Auto Zone.
sounds like low battery voltage to me.

Order those battery tenders yet?
Old 8/11/07, 06:01 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Going on a drive in GT500 in about 10 minutes I'll makes sure to post a mini-review.
Old 8/11/07, 06:27 PM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by TacoBill
sounds like low battery voltage to me.

Order those battery tenders yet?
That battery is fully-charged and has sat much longer than the '06. When I turn the key on, the volt meter reads right around 12 Volts.

When I turn the key to START, I hear it click, but that's it.

If the battery was dead, the volt meter would drop drastically, but it stays at 12 V.

If I go under the car and tap the starter with a hammer, and then go back and try to start it, it will start.

The starter (or solenoid) is just shot.
Old 8/11/07, 06:32 PM
Cobra R Member

Hey Leo, that Meguiar's #7 glaze and #26 wax are amazing. I just did my hood tonight before it got dark and it was as smooth as anything I have ever felt. This was the first chance I've had to actually use the stuff, and I have to say, I am really impressed. Hopefully, it will look good in the light.
Old 8/11/07, 07:26 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by kh765
Hey Leo, that Meguiar's #7 glaze and #26 wax are amazing. I just did my hood tonight before it got dark and it was as smooth as anything I have ever felt. This was the first chance I've had to actually use the stuff, and I have to say, I am really impressed. Hopefully, it will look good in the light.
Glad to hear you liked it. FYI-If your feeling lazy and want to touch up the car with more than just a quick detailer use Meguairs Quick Spray wax. I used that for the last show and to be honest looked as If I'd just polished and waxed it using the #7 and #26 stuff.
Old 8/11/07, 07:30 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Back from GT500 drive!!!

My fellow SDMC/TMS member Shawn/Osiris came down and took me for a drive in his GT500. All I can say is it was awesome. I want one now. 100mph came in seconds. The sound of the exhuast and the whipple together was orgasmic. Then he let me drive it. The guy that can't drive a stick. I was to busy worried about crashing or stalling it to really enjoy. Atleast I can say I drove one. I still have a shigrin as I type this.

Overall the GT500 gets from me.

With that said I feel like taking my car out for a cruise now.
Old 8/11/07, 08:32 PM

Nice Leo!!!
I saw the FRPP/Whipple now has a 600hp twin screw S/C!!
Old 8/11/07, 08:46 PM

That battery is fully-charged and has sat much longer than the '06. When I turn the key on, the volt meter reads right around 12 Volts.

When I turn the key to START, I hear it click, but that's it.

If the battery was dead, the volt meter would drop drastically, but it stays at 12 V.

If I go under the car and tap the starter with a hammer, and then go back and try to start it, it will start.

The starter (or solenoid) is just shot.
Yes, sounds like the starter or solenoid. If those were okay and the voltage dropped below 9V when you hit the starter, its usually the battery even if it did show 12V.
Old 8/11/07, 09:06 PM
Cobra Member

Interesting you bring that up. I now wonder who is the wisest (ie. oldest) here in POTR... you? Phil?

And who's the youngest? I'm guessing Leo or Kyle.

Well Bill truth be told I turn 54 this next Thursday coming up, so sad but true I may be the oldest yea whoo here I may be old but I'm young at heart and I am fun, I really am
Old 8/11/07, 09:09 PM
Cobra Member

This is why I love you guys!

And yes I found time to view and vote for your videos Bill. Please send that $10 my way soon.

PS. The racing is fantastic here (Watkins Glen), high in the upper 70's blue skies, NO humidity, and yes babes, beer, gears and cheers here. Kyle I wish you were here with me, its so much a blast
Old 8/11/07, 09:14 PM
Cobra Member

I think a certain KB might soothe the pain.

I get Roush overload from Brandon Ford. They are a horrible dealership and are the biggest Roush dealer in the country. That and Roush is partnered with the Red Sox of course.
Yes All I see here at the races is Roush-Fenway (Fenway is the Red Sox part of the partnership. I spit on Fenway lol
Old 8/11/07, 09:17 PM
Cobra Member

Baseball, Bill... duh!
Funny Tom, very funny

Life is baseball , errrr except maybe the Pony of course
Old 8/11/07, 09:18 PM
Cobra Member

Coming home from work yesterday in the '89 on the Turnpike, I was passed by a group of fast moving cars. After they went by, I moved over and sped up. I was already doing around 85, and they were way over 100 MPH. I would let them get farther ahead, and then I took my opportunity to catch up a little (knowing there were no cops up ahead or they would have put brake lights on).

Anyway, I turned my GPS on and check out the Max Speed reading on the top right corner:

Attachment 31415
Holly crap Tom, u da man
Old 8/11/07, 09:25 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by LEO_06GT
My fellow SDMC/TMS member Shawn/Osiris came down and took me for a drive in his GT500. All I can say is it was awesome. I want one now. 100mph came in seconds. The sound of the exhuast and the whipple together was orgasmic. Then he let me drive it. The guy that can't drive a stick. I was to busy worried about crashing or stalling it to really enjoy. Atleast I can say I drove one. I still have a shigrin as I type this.

Overall the GT500 gets from me.

With that said I feel like taking my car out for a cruise now.
Very cool Nothin like bein blown.

So when you getting a blower

On this end, pullies are in and everything is A-OK. Had a problem with the puller. The rental was no where as good as Bill's, but what can you do ? Adapt, Improvise and Overcome.

Anyway the SOTP, butt-o-meter registers a pickup. It's snappier, responds better and pulls harder. It to get to redline quicker. Of course it's
hard to tell exactly what the pickup is but for what I paid for 'em I'm happy.

All this dead battery talk has me worried. I do not have any place to plug in a trickle charger so when mine starts going I'm screwed. Hopefully it'll be awhile before I need to worry about that.

Phil You are an old fart. But hey, the Mustang makes you feel much younger right ??

I used to use to use Meguiar's and it's not bad but personally I do like the Zaino/Adams better. The Meguiar's does shine up real well, especially on black.
Old 8/11/07, 09:27 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by philster2003
And yes I found time to view and vote for your videos Bill. Please send that $10 my way soon.

PS. The racing is fantastic here (Watkins Glen), high in the upper 70's blue skies, NO humidity, and yes babes, beer, gears and cheers here. Kyle I wish you were here with me, its so much a blast

No rain... ?I know Qualifying was rained out on Friday. How did Montoya do ?? did a Nascar Cup regular ringer win ??
Old 8/11/07, 09:49 PM
Cobra R Member

Yes All I see here at the races is Roush-Fenway (Fenway is the Red Sox part of the partnership. I spit on Fenway lol

That's brilliant Phil.

Originally Posted by habu
No rain... ?I know Qualifying was rained out on Friday. How did Montoya do ?? did a Nascar Cup regular ringer win ??
They should've ran qualifying, Nascar can be so dumb when it comes to making decisions. Montoya was running ok until his car got beat up. First, both of his front fenders got mashed in in a little incident with about ~30 laps to go. Then, after he came in to fix the fenders, they got bunched up on a restart and he got plowed over. He ended up parking it with about 10-15 to go. He was never really the fastest car.

Harvick ended up winning. He lead quite a bit of the last part of the race. Kurt Busch had the best car for a while, but his brakes gave out towards the end and he couldn't keep the car on the track. Harvick- J. Burton- K. Busch was the finish.
Old 8/11/07, 10:07 PM
Cobra Member

That's brilliant Phil.

They should've ran qualifying, Nascar can be so dumb when it comes to making decisions. Montoya was running ok until his car got beat up. First, both of his front fenders got mashed in in a little incident with about ~30 laps to go. Then, after he came in to fix the fenders, they got bunched up on a restart and he got plowed over. He ended up parking it with about 10-15 to go. He was never really the fastest car.

Harvick ended up winning. He lead quite a bit of the last part of the race. Kurt Busch had the best car for a while, but his brakes gave out towards the end and he couldn't keep the car on the track. Harvick- J. Burton- K. Busch was the finish.

You sumerized well Kyle, Harvick can drive road courses well but Montoya is a brute, he can flat out drive a road course. He was gaining like 2+ seconds per lap on the leader until when he pitted the 25 car let a tire they changed drift out into the pit lane and Montoya hit it as he had no place to go when he pulled out of his pits, it threw his handling off and then he got crashed as Kyle said. Great racing non the less, love the road course racing best.

And yes Brian, no rain today (Sat) and no rain tomorrow either, can't wait

PS. I spit on Fenway again........................
Old 8/11/07, 10:13 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by habu
On this end, pullies are in and everything is A-OK. Had a problem with the puller. The rental was no where as good as Bill's, but what can you do ? Adapt, Improvise and Overcome.

Phil You are an old fart. But hey, the Mustang makes you feel much younger right ??
Yes Brian I AM old and yes the Mustang makes me feel very young and you guys also make me feel young, thanks guys!

Congrates on another mod Brian, you are getting to be a real pro my friend!
Old 8/11/07, 10:34 PM
Team Mustang Source

Yes Brian I AM old and yes the Mustang makes me feel very young and you guys also make me feel young, thanks guys!

Congrates on another mod Brian, you are getting to be a real pro my friend!
Kyle, Phil thanks for the recap. I swear I was gonna ask about Harvick too but didn't. He's become a better driver in the last couple of years, or maybe he's settled down a little more. Not letting his emotions run amok. Too bad about JPM. He is a brut. I could not stand him in CART or F-1 but I think NASCAR actually will suit him.

As for Fenway-meh. Not too much of a baseball fan to care I guess. Now Evernham being partnered/bought out buy the Habs owner, now that I can't stand. Stinkin Habs. But at least it isn't the Colorado Nordiues.

Thanks for the 'grats. I was pretty skeptical about what they'd do or feel like and besides the blower I keep saying that I'll get didn't want to blow money on something that didn't make a change. I was wrong. It feels stout enough to feel. As good as taking the cats off... no, but I can still feel a difference.

Bill would choke if he saw what I had to do to get the balancer off. Not the pretties thing ever and it was a little sketchy, but he ll it worked

BTW... Anyone else have a date stamped on the front cover/timing chain cover ?? Mine has 7/19 or 16/2006 which falls in line of when the car was built. I thought it was cool.
Old 8/11/07, 10:47 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Brian-Congrats on the pulley install. Glad to hear you found worth the $$. Now all you need is some delete plates. Then of course there's always gears and d/s.

Bill-Check out this thread. There's pics of a GT500 spoiler on a TR.
http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showthread.php?t=69548

What do you guys think of the pony corral and fog light bezels? Would it look cool on my car?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Ponies on The Run (Again)