General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Ponies on The Run (Again)

Search this Thread

Old 7/26/07, 04:25 PM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
by football nuts!!!

Anybody want to talk Mustangs besides me and Brian?
Old 7/26/07, 04:35 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by kh765
GO REX!!!
Are you serious?? The only reason they've done so good is their D and the fact they're in the weakest division in the NFL. They'd be 8-8 at best if they were in the AFC. Rex has nothing do with their success. The fact that Lovie's keeping him around boggles my mind.

Anyways back to Mustangs. There Bill you happy? I can't believe you don't watch Football. Baseball, Nascar (Flame suit on I know you southern guys are going to lynch me for that one. Just to add fuel to the fire It's not really a sport.) , Hockey I can understand but Football? Come on Bill.
Old 7/26/07, 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by LEO_06GT
Anyways back to Mustangs.

Besides Grand Mat Designs and the CDC Corral, is there anything that'll help this situation?

Old 7/26/07, 04:42 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by TacoBill

Besides Grand Mat Designs and the CDC Corral, is there anything that'll help this situation?

Keeping the trunk closed.
Old 7/26/07, 04:45 PM

Keeping the trunk closed.
Brilliant idea Leo! Why didn't I think of that!

Oh, btw...
Old 7/26/07, 04:48 PM

SInce Leo fixed my last concern (thanks Leo), got a new question to everyone.

How often or when was the last time you checked the air pressure in your tires?

Everytime I think about doing it, it's after I put the cover on and close the garage.
Old 7/26/07, 04:54 PM
Legacy TMS Member

SInce Leo fixed my last concern (thanks Leo), got a new question to everyone.

Everytime I think about doing it, it's after I put the cover on and close the garage.

Two months ago. I try and check it once a month but usually forget. Worse case scenario I check them every oil change. Not Ideal but probably still better than 95% of the other drivers on the road.

What am I still doing here. I'm supposed to be detailing the inside of my car.
Old 7/26/07, 05:53 PM
Cobra R Member

Are you serious?? The only reason they've done so good is their D and the fact they're in the weakest division in the NFL. They'd be 8-8 at best if they were in the AFC. Rex has nothing do with their success. The fact that Lovie's keeping him around boggles my mind.
Ahhh I can't help but jump back to football. I know their defense if the core of their team. The Bucs thrived for years on their defense and the Ravens won a SB title a few years ago without much help from the offense. They aren't in the AFC, so it doesn't matter. They should continue to dominate the NFC North. Give Rex a break, he did show signs of brilliance and it was his first full year of starting. He was solid (not great or anything) in the playoffs until the SB. (their whole team decided to stay home for that one) As good as their defense is, he really didn't have to do all that much. He was very good at times and really bad other times. I think he'll be a hell of a lot better this year.
Old 7/26/07, 05:53 PM
Cobra R Member

That is something that always slips my mind. I need to do it now I think...
Old 7/26/07, 06:17 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Just finished detailing the interior as well as removing all the rubber from the fender wells and rear bumper. Now all I need to do tomorrow is the engine bay,exterior and wheels which aren't really to bad since I stay on top of it. I waxed and polished the car in June so I'm going to go the lazy way and use Meguairs spray wax this time around. If it turns out good I may just stick with that and only wax and polish the car twice a year.

Here's the link for S&G.
http://www.meguiars.com/?spray-car-waxes/Quik-Wax
Old 7/26/07, 06:21 PM
Cobra R Member

Have you tried the Ultimate Quik Detailer Leo? I just got the stuff and the one time I used it I got pretty good results...and it smells awesome.

What did you use to scrub the fender wells? I've never really tried to clean there before.
Old 7/26/07, 06:36 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Have you tried the Ultimate Quik Detailer Leo? I just got the stuff and the one time I used it I got pretty good results...and it smells awesome.

What did you use to scrub the fender wells? I've never really tried to clean there before.
No only because I've yet to see it at the store. I do use regular quick detailer though from day to day to keep the dust off and atleast keep the car looking clean for a few extra days.

I didn't really scrub the fender wells per say. I'm not that ****. If anything I'll hose them down to get any dirt off and for a car show I'll spray them with Adam's in and out spray to give them that never been driven look. I just scraped all the rubber that was on their from the past few trips to the track. I used this little metal scraper Bill gave me (Looks like something a dentist would use.) and it worked just fine. Don't have a pic of it but maybe Bill does. But if you really want to scrub the fender wells I'd say get a small brush and go to town.

http://www.acehardware.com/product/i...ductId=1279683
Old 7/26/07, 06:55 PM
GTR Member

I do it fairly often (just did it today, actually).

They were 30 all around - just like I want them to be.

----------------

Sorry to hear about the damage, Brian.
Old 7/26/07, 08:00 PM

That is something that always slips my mind. I need to do it now I think...
Okay, just checked my tire pressures...

Drivers: (F)30 (R)31
Passengers: (F)29.5 (R)30

Close enough for me!

I didn't really scrub the fender wells per say. I'm not that ****. If anything I'll hose them down to get any dirt off and for a car show I'll spray them with Adam's in and out spray to give them that never been driven look. I just scraped all the rubber that was on their from the past few trips to the track. I used this little metal scraper Bill gave me (Looks like something a dentist would use.) and it worked just fine. Don't have a pic of it but maybe Bill does.
Hey! I wipe down my wheel wells! Callin' me ?

That's a good idea on spraying the wells with the Adams.

Not sure what metal tool you're talking about. Is it the one with the smooth 'spoon' ends on each end, metal and chrome?
Old 7/26/07, 08:11 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks for the words of encouragement guys. I appreciate it. Looking at it now I'll try to get 'em as good as I can on Saturday and will likely have to spray it just so it doesn't stick out so bad. It's only plastic and no metal was harmed so all things said it could have been much worse.

To make today worse the dentist today decided to yank a tooth and now I can't do too much cause it makes the clot go away and I have to start over with the gauze. argh. what a crappy day. Oh well... feces happens I guess.

I'll have to wait 'til tomorrow to finish the engine bay and the rest of the interior. Saturday I'll have to wash,wax and get ready for the "cruise night" in yorba linda by 2:30... tough sched but I can do it. Speaking of wheel wells, I went and bought an undercarrige/wheel well brush from Griot's just to keep up with the Switzer's

Go Seahawks
Old 7/26/07, 08:12 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Not sure what metal tool you're talking about. Is it the one with the smooth 'spoon' ends on each end, metal and chrome?
Yes.
Old 7/26/07, 08:14 PM
Team Mustang Source

Okay, just checked my tire pressures...

Drivers: (F)30 (R)31
Passengers: (F)29.5 (R)30

Close enough for me!

Hey! I wipe down my wheel wells! Callin' me ?

That's a good idea on spraying the wells with the Adams.

What did you do give him a speculum ???
Old 7/26/07, 10:01 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Class is 2600, then issued in sequence to the numbers entered.

I'm 2602.
I'm 2601, I'm number one! I'm number one! I'm number one!

Originally Posted by habu
Arrgh... Fu(% Piece of $#!~ Stupid F'n people.

I am so pi$$ed right now I can't concentrate. Bottom line, before the story, I'm probably out of the Car shows this weekend and any others until I

Coming into a drive way this morning having my F'n signal on, some douche who decided to ignore the huge Goddammed tail lights we have to brake. Sensing impending doom(tires skidding and I couldn't see the bottom of the windshield of the denali/suburban behind me) I shot into the driveway fast than I was planing and scrapped the rocker panels on the passenger side of the car. Plastic vs. concrete = I'm screwed. It doesn't feel like it's gouged but who knows. I *might* be able to repair them with the spray paint I have but I am not looking forward to trying to get that to look right. 100.00 bucks from newtakeoff.com will fix the problem but dang it not soon enough.
So sorry Brian, that sucks. Hope you can find a fast fix.
Old 7/26/07, 10:55 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by Ray Man
I'm 2601, I'm number one! I'm number one! I'm number one!

So sorry Brian, that sucks. Hope you can find a fast fix.
Wonder who 2603 is ??

Thanks Ray. I looked at it a little more this evening and it's bad but I *think* I can fake it sunday if not at least put on a good effort. Apart from that my next mod will be from newtakeoff.com and hoping I can fit that in with the MGW...
Old 7/26/07, 11:34 PM
Legacy TMS Member

What tire pressure gauges are you guys using to get those really accurate readings?

Quick Reply: Ponies on The Run (Again)