General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Ponies on The Run (Again)

Search this Thread

Old 7/26/07, 08:55 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Arrgh... Fu(% Piece of $#!~ Stupid F'n people.

I am so pi$$ed right now I can't concentrate. Bottom line, before the story, I'm probably out of the Car shows this weekend and any others until I

Coming into a drive way this morning having my F'n signal on, some douche who decided to ignore the huge Goddammed tail lights we have to brake. Sensing impending doom(tires skidding and I couldn't see the bottom of the windshield of the denali/suburban behind me) I shot into the driveway fast than I was planing and scrapped the rocker panels on the passenger side of the car. Plastic vs. concrete = I'm screwed. It doesn't feel like it's gouged but who knows. I *might* be able to repair them with the spray paint I have but I am not looking forward to trying to get that to look right. 100.00 bucks from newtakeoff.com will fix the problem but dang it not soon enough.
Old 7/26/07, 09:28 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by habu

I am so pi$$ed right now I can't concentrate. Bottom line, before the story, I'm probably out of the Car shows this weekend and any others until I

Coming into a drive way this morning having my F'n signal on, some douche who decided to ignore the huge Goddammed tail lights we have to brake. Sensing impending doom(tires skidding and I couldn't see the bottom of the windshield of the denali/suburban behind me) I shot into the driveway fast than I was planing and scrapped the rocker panels on the passenger side of the car. Plastic vs. concrete = I'm screwed. It doesn't feel like it's gouged but who knows. I *might* be able to repair them with the spray paint I have but I am not looking forward to trying to get that to look right. 100.00 bucks from newtakeoff.com will fix the problem but dang it not soon enough.
That sux !! Did you jump out and bust a cap in his *** ?? He needed it.
Old 7/26/07, 10:09 AM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Plastic vs. concrete = I'm screwed.

That sux big time! It's usually the sequentials that puts people in a trans. Let me guess, a cell phone talker?

I feel for you man. Is it just the bottom of the rocker that got scraped/scuffed? Or along the side as well?

I know you're in no mood, but post up a pic of it when you get a chance. Hopefully things may not be as bad as you might think.
Old 7/26/07, 10:33 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by OKCMustangGT
That sux !! Did you jump out and bust a cap in his *** ?? He needed it.
NO. Traffic kept going when I bailed into the driveway. Funny thing is the "normal" driveway that I usually go into is about 100-150ft before the one I chose today. I didn't pick it because she was riding my a$$ and not paying attention.

Originally Posted by TacoBill

That sux big time! It's usually the sequentials that puts people in a trans. Let me guess, a cell phone talker?

I feel for you man. Is it just the bottom of the rocker that got scraped/scuffed? Or along the side as well?

I know you're in no mood, but post up a pic of it when you get a chance. Hopefully things may not be as bad as you might think.
In the parking garage I couldn't get a decent pic on the phone. I'll send you a pic at lunch.
It's definitely only the rocker panel (at least that's what it looks like). I'm hoping that maybe I can use some rubbing compound and see what that does. Because it's white maybe it isn't down below the paint and only the paint from the concrete/curb rubbed off.... maybe then I can use the VB paint I have to kinda clean it up.

Man this made today just a crappy day. Then I get the morons, managers, that for some reason are only now figuring out how email works after spending 20+ minutes on the phone trying to do a crash training.
I need a beer(s).
Old 7/26/07, 10:57 AM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by TacoBill

Okay Phil, you got me.

Dang John, that all sounds like work more than a vacation!

I'm sory, but you're in for it at the SD Zoo.
Hills galore that you gotta walk up, stinky smell, unruly kids, overpriced burgers and water bottles...

Sea World is better
, doesn't have hills or animal poop.
Just 100+ degree heat and matching humidity to go along with it..One full day and you are ready to kill someone(orlando one)
Old 7/26/07, 10:58 AM

... I didn't pick it because she was riding my a$$ and not paying attention.
Say no more Brian, you just explained it all.

Here's one for you.
Old 7/26/07, 11:05 AM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by kh765
I know I wouldn't be missing any Gator games for a cars show.

I would consider skipping a Bucs
or Bears
game
for a Mustang show though...Just how much do you love your Packers?
WTF
Old 7/26/07, 12:22 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by Boltzman
WTF
My professional teams always take a back seat to my Gators. Always have, probably always will.

Brian- I guess there's idiot drivers everywhere. I thought we had an exclusive on that in Florida. Sorry to hear about what happened.
Old 7/26/07, 02:10 PM
Team Mustang Source

My professional teams always take a back seat to my Gators. Always have, probably always will.

Brian- I guess there's idiot drivers everywhere. I thought we had an exclusive on that in Florida. Sorry to hear about what happened.
I find it hard to believe that there are more idiots in any other place other than California.

The best I could do w/my phone's camera

Old 7/26/07, 02:23 PM

That's not too pretty. Guess if you're planning on replacing that rocker, there's no harm in attempting to touch it up. Like you said, try the paint cleaner/rubbing compund first before shooting it with touch up.

Good luck Brian.

Though trivial to your issues, I have no tracking info on my replacement shaft.
Old 7/26/07, 02:43 PM
Cobra R Member

From those pics, it definitely looks like you'll have to replace them. Just from that, the scrapes look pretty deep. Luckily, you can replace them fairly cheap. If the woman had nailed your rear, you would have a big PITA on your hands. I know it's a huge inconvenience, and something you shouldn't have to go through, but you eliminated a worse evil.
Old 7/26/07, 02:45 PM
Cobra R Member

Bill- How much was the driveshaft? (Sorry if you already said it, I'm just curious how much Tillman is charging for them)
Old 7/26/07, 02:58 PM

Bill- How much was the driveshaft? (Sorry if you already said it, I'm just curious how much Tillman is charging for them)
I paid $669 shipped for both the DS and loop (or $579 just for the DS).

I sure hope CR has already made the call to Coast and my new one is already on the shipping truck and in-route. Am I dreaming?
Old 7/26/07, 03:09 PM
Legacy TMS Member

I have my class number ?? it's 2605

I'm a diehard Seattle fan. Not a bandwagoner but a long-time fan. I understand how you feel about the Packers.
Cool I'm 2604 so you'll be right next to me and one car away from me will be Bill.

Hey I have an Official Cheesehead Hat too.
GO PACK GO !!

I have a die-hard 49er fan that had to wear this particular hat at WORK for a week after we knocked them out of the playoffs again, a few years back.

Unfortunately if you have taken a look at our schedule this year, it will be a long one for us I am afraid.
I never knew you were a packer fan. I'm very optimistic so I'm hoping they 9-7 and sneak into the playoffs. My only concern is them not having a RB. RB by comittee never works IMO. Regardless I'll do my best to enjoy it as I'm sure it will be Favre's last.

Man you scared me I thought you were going to say you'd been t-boned. Still sucks but the good news is you only messed up the cheapest part to repair. I'd say touch it up and enjoy it this weekend. If you get on it you can have them by Monday or Tuesday. Don't sweat this show as it ain't one of the big ones.

I find it hard to believe that there are more idiots in any other place other than California.

Ouch! I still say be happy it wasn't the door, front or rear quarter panels as those would've cost a pretty penny. Touch it up and don't let it ruin the awesome Mustang filled weekend you have planned.
Old 7/26/07, 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by LEO_06GT
Cool I'm 2604 so you'll be right next to me and one car away from me will be Bill.
I wonder who the lucky one is that'll be stuck between us?

Bill2, what's your number?
Old 7/26/07, 03:37 PM
Cobra R Member

I never knew you were a packer fan. I'm very optimistic so I'm hoping they 9-7 and sneak into the playoffs. My only concern is them not having a RB. RB by comittee never works IMO. Regardless I'll do my best to enjoy it as I'm sure it will be Favre's last.
I was a Packers fan when I was young and stupid. I actually just uncovered a Packers mini-helmet I had in my room at home the other day. I think I still have the collectors Coke can from their SB.

Having 2 good running backs is a good thing, not having any running backs and taking shots in the dark is not a good thing. Letting Ahman Green walk was a good thing, but I don't see much light at the end of the tunnel with their RB situation.

I think Brett might play until all of his hair is gray. I think he tries to throw an INT for each gray hair on his head. If you guys decide you don't want him, I'm sure Gruden will try to pick him up.
Old 7/26/07, 03:54 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Leo you are either on drugs, haven't seen this year's schedule yet or a combination of both to think we will be 9-7.

2007 Green Bay Packers Schedule
Philadelphia Eagles (06 playoff Team)
@ New York Giants (06 playoff Team)
San Diego Chargers (06 playoff Team)
@ Minnesota Vikings (Watch out for this team this year)
Chicago Bears (06 playoff Team)
Washington Redskins (Tough Defense)
Open Date
@ Denver Broncos (Hard to Play @ Mile High)
@ Kansas City Chiefs (06 playoff Team)
Minnesota Vikings (See previous Post)
Carolina Panthers (Not a bad team at all)
@ Detroit Lions (OK, maybe a win here)
@ Dallas Cowboys (06 playoff Team)
Oakland Raiders (Weaksauce)
@ St. Louis Rams (Oh **** our DBs are in for it )
@ Chicago Bears (06 playoff Team)
Detroit Lions (Another maybe)
Now please pick the 9 wins out of that schedule.
Old 7/26/07, 03:58 PM
Cobra R Member

He said he was being very optimistic...I don't think he emphasized the VERY enough for you.
Old 7/26/07, 04:08 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Leo you are either on drugs, haven't seen this year's schedule yet or a combination of both to think we will be 9-7.

2007 Green Bay Packers Schedule
Philadelphia Eagles (06 playoff Team)
@ New York Giants (06 playoff Team)
San Diego Chargers (06 playoff Team)
@ Minnesota Vikings (Watch out for this team this year)
Chicago Bears (06 playoff Team)
Washington Redskins (Tough Defense)
Open Date
@ Denver Broncos (Hard to Play @ Mile High)
@ Kansas City Chiefs (06 playoff Team)
Minnesota Vikings (See previous Post)
Carolina Panthers (Not a bad team at all)
@ Detroit Lions (OK, maybe a win here)
@ Dallas Cowboys (06 playoff Team)
Oakland Raiders (Weaksauce)
@ St. Louis Rams (Oh **** our DBs are in for it )
@ Chicago Bears (06 playoff Team)
Detroit Lions (Another maybe)
Now please pick the 9 wins out of that schedule.
I say they sweep the lions and the vikes. That's four. Then they go on to beat the radiers (Come on it's the raiders),rams (Not the team they once were.),Bears (Regardless of the fact they went to the Super Bowl they'll always be the lowly Bears with Rex Suxman) (Will win one of the games), Philly (No Mcnabb or TO), Then they beat the beat two of the following three Panthers, Cowboys, and Redskins. That's ten all we need is nine. Remember this post come December.
Old 7/26/07, 04:23 PM
Cobra R Member

Bears (Regardless of the fact they went to the Super Bowl they'll always be the lowly Bears with Rex Suxman)
Hey now, I don't need to remind you of how bad the Packers have been do I? Haven't been so lowly when they were mowing down their division the last couple years.

GO REX!!!

Quick Reply: Ponies on The Run (Again)