General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Ponies on The Run (Again)

Search this Thread

Old 6/6/06, 06:57 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TacoBill
Seriously, like you told me... patience is key.
I think 2½ hrs on just those 2 pieces goes beyond patience. Expecially for me.
Old 6/6/06, 07:08 PM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
2 1/2 hours is a long time. I don't even work on a project (at work) for that long without a break.

Well, on a plus note for me, I placed my order today with BSM on a set of 12" Gloss White stripes.

I will have to be super cautious now when I get down to the front bumper area and CDC spoiler.

Daryl- Do let us know what 'tips' Rob can offer for the front bumper.
Old 6/6/06, 07:19 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Well, on a plus note for me, I placed my order today with BSM on a set of 12" Gloss White stripes.
Awsome
I will have to be super cautious now when I get down to the front bumper area and CDC spoiler.
I don't think the area under the lower grille and the Chin Spoiler would be hard at all. They are small pieces with a nice curve not a compund curve like the area on the front bumper
Old 6/7/06, 08:04 AM
Bullitt Member

Oh Daryl, I'm sorry for all the grief on those last couple of stripes. Arghh. The rest of the car looks awesome, though, so I'm sure you'll get these on and it'll look gorgeous!! (Can I say that about a car?)

Katie and I saw a yellow GT with black stripes on the road yesterday. But Katie said the stripes were too narrow (looked like about 10" to my eye), so I guess there's one part of the decision. We will have wider stripes.

We are still trying to decide black vs. white vs. even some type of "ghost" stripe. But I don't remember seeing ghosts on a TR, and haven't been able to find any pictures when I've searched before. I think I saw them on a VB on this forum (??). So, we're still in research phase.

On another note, I'm sitting at the ortho office right now, watching Katie get her braces applied. Wish us luck!
Old 6/7/06, 08:05 AM
Bullitt Member

I don't think we'll do white. Too much contrast with the parchment and all of the black already. I'm leaning toward black.
Old 6/7/06, 08:45 AM

Originally Posted by swwake
I don't think we'll do white. Too much contrast with the parchment and all of the black already. I'm leaning toward black.
Black stripes would look pretty cool on your TR vert with the parchment interior.

For me, white stripes on TR with black interior will absolutely set it off!

Congrats to Katie on her new braces!
Old 6/7/06, 09:25 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Oh Daryl, I'm sorry for all the grief on those last couple of stripes. Arghh. The rest of the car looks awesome, though, so I'm sure you'll get these on and it'll look gorgeous!! (Can I say that about a car?)
Thanks and of course you can say that, especially about MY car.

But Katie said the stripes were too narrow (looked like about 10" to my eye), so I guess there's one part of the decision. We will have wider stripes.
So I guess size DOES matter
Actually 10's don't look too bad, but 8's look TOO thin, might as well not have any.

We are still trying to decide black vs. white vs. even some type of "ghost" stripe. But I don't remember seeing ghosts on a TR, and haven't been able to find any pictures when I've searched before. I think I saw them on a VB on this forum (??). So, we're still in research phase.
Kind of what I thought about your car Susan, Black roof, says black stripes, but that is just my opinion.

On another note, I'm sitting at the ortho office right now, watching Katie get her braces applied. Wish us luck!
Congrats, I think I hope she likes them
Old 6/7/06, 09:38 AM

Originally Posted by OKCMustangGT
Actually 10's don't look too bad, but 8's look TOO thin, might as well not have any.
Uh oh.. hope no one with the factory 8 inchers reads this, them are fightin' words.

btw, 12" stripes rule!
Old 6/7/06, 09:42 AM

Daryl- Forgot to ask you, how did it feel wiping off hours of labor putting on the Zaino layers with one pass of the alcohol pad?

Like this?
Old 6/7/06, 09:43 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Uh oh.. hope no one with the factory 8 inchers reads this, them are fightin' words.

btw, 12" stripes rule!
I guess I should have added IMO sorry
Old 6/7/06, 01:03 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Daryl- Forgot to ask you, how did it feel wiping off hours of labor putting on the Zaino layers with one pass of the alcohol pad?

Like this?
Pretty close, just need to start over maybe this weekend.
Hmm looks like Shaker got here pretty quick, wonder if I will have a present when I get home
Old 6/7/06, 02:08 PM

Hmm looks like Shaker got here pretty quick, wonder if I will have a present when I get home
Sounds cool! Bet you and Tom are getting pretty excited about installing it.
Once the Shaker's in, your GT's will stand out for sure.

Daryl- Don't you have a Mustang Club that's close to you? You have so much info that you could be sharing with other 05/06 enthusiasts. It'll be a crime to keep it only within TMS.
Old 6/7/06, 02:31 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Sounds cool! Bet you and Tom are getting pretty excited about installing it.
Once the Shaker's in, your GT's will stand out for sure.

Daryl- Don't you have a Mustang Club that's close to you? You have so much info that you could be sharing with other 05/06 enthusiasts. It'll be a crime to keep it only within TMS.
Yes, and I have considered joining, but being the shy little boy I am, I just haven't brought myself to join yet.
(No other Mustang owning friends that are enthusiasts)
Old 6/7/06, 02:39 PM

Yes, and I have considered joining, but being the shy little boy I am, I just haven't brought myself to join yet.
(No other Mustang owning friends that are enthusiasts)
"Shy little boy??" Man, you look like one big mean cornbred Okie ****!

Trust me, when you speak, people will listen.

Now, go join that club or at least go to one of their drive-in meetings.
Old 6/7/06, 05:45 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Hmm What could this possibly be ??
Attachment 1777Attachment 1778

Yeap you guessed it CDC "ShAkErrr" Hood System
Attachment 1779Attachment 1781

Unboxed it all, verified all parts were accounted for and read instructions. The install really doesn't sound that hard. The most important and time consuming step is 1) marking the shaker scoop hole location and 2) actually cutting the hood.
Of course it will be harder than expected becasue that is just the way things work for me

First impression after unpacking it was WTF, why did this plastic cost so much ?? The part of the scoop that is aluminum is not all that big, I somehow expected more aluminum. I still love it though.

I am really looking forward to this, well except for cutting the hole.
Attached Thumbnails Ponies on The Run (Again)-boxed-1.jpg   Ponies on The Run (Again)-label-1.jpg   Ponies on The Run (Again)-packaged.jpg   Ponies on The Run (Again)-contents-1.jpg  
Old 6/7/06, 05:47 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Pictures of the contents, etc.

Attachment 1782Attachment 1783Attachment 1784Attachment 1785Attachment 1786
Attached Thumbnails Ponies on The Run (Again)-contents-1.jpg   Ponies on The Run (Again)-remaining-contents-web.jpg   Ponies on The Run (Again)-bag-contents-web.jpg   Ponies on The Run (Again)-air-box-template-web.jpg   Ponies on The Run (Again)-hood-template-full-1-web.jpg  

Old 6/7/06, 05:59 PM
GTR Member

How'd you get that so fast... didn't we order the same day?? I guess OK is closer to PA than FL?

I never even got a tracking number... and I gave them my email address when ordering.

(I told him I had to order VERY fast... my ride at work was in the middle of a downtime and I had to sneak into the bathroom to get the order placed by my cut-off time.... hope he got all the info correct.)
Old 6/7/06, 06:05 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by 89Trooper
How'd you get that so fast... didn't we order the same day?? I guess OK is closer to PA than FL?

I never even got a tracking number... and I gave them my email address when ordering.

(I told him I had to order VERY fast... my ride at work was in the middle of a downtime and I had to sneak into the bathroom to get the order placed by my cut-off time.... hope he got all the info correct.)
I would call back and make sure he got all your info correctly. I got the tracking number the same day I ordered (Monday).
I was shocked at how fast it got here too

Bathroom break ordering now that is some funny s*it.
Old 6/7/06, 06:10 PM
GTR Member

I would call back and make sure he got all your info correctly. I got the tracking number the same day I ordered (Monday).
I was shocked at how fast it got here too

Bathroom break ordering now that is some funny s*it.
I just emailed them... maybe somebody will be there still to reply. If not, I'll call tomorrow.

My boss, and his boss, and his boss (it was a big, big down time) were right outside the bathroom door... and I'm sitting on the toilet ordering a shaker system.
Old 6/7/06, 07:01 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by 89Trooper
I just emailed them... maybe somebody will be there still to reply. If not, I'll call tomorrow.

My boss, and his boss, and his boss (it was a big, big down time) were right outside the bathroom door... and I'm sitting on the toilet ordering a shaker system.
You got ***** my friend great big iron ones.

Quick Reply: Ponies on The Run (Again)