General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Ponies on The Run (Again)

Search this Thread

Old 7/19/07, 07:26 AM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by philster2003
And Brian, is that a Rocket in your Pocket or just a candy bar waiting to be had?
He was glad to see Jed...

Originally Posted by kh765
Well, we all know it'll be NOT ENOUGH RWHP...for Bill.
Is it ever enough for anybody?

Oh, by the way, I'm really sure about this and all but I think that Phil
DOESN'T LIKE STRIPES!!!

Can anybody confirm this?

Old 7/19/07, 07:40 AM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Great pics Bill!

Sorry I couldn't make it there last night guys. I was just too lazy coming home from Chris' lesson. Hope you guys didn't bad mouth me too bad.

Brian, a little 'pre-carshow' constructive criticism here, so plz don't freak...
Calipers and front/rear spoilers look great!
In the engine bay, be sure to loosen the C&L filter and rotate it until the element seam is at the bottom (which should also show the 'C&L' letters right side up).
Also turn both the rad overflow tank and washer caps right side up.

It's those minor details that I look for when judging a car (I also look for straight and inline clamps), it's the difference between 1st and 2nd.

Originally Posted by LEO_06GT
1 on each rim.
I have those too.

Originally Posted by JedCranium
Tonight at Ricky & Ronnies I hooked up with Habu!
And Brian, is that a Rocket in your Pocket or just a candy bar waiting to be had? ?
Okay, stop with the :gay: talk!

It's bad enough that it's a sausage fest in here, don't make it worse!

And Bill after the DS you going to get the GQ dyno'd again so you can tell us how many rear wheels ponies you have?
Of course I will!

My prediction will be in the 330 RWHP range, or at least I hope so.
Old 7/19/07, 08:13 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by TacoBill

Good point...I'm outta here...
Old 7/19/07, 08:34 AM
V6 Member

Taco Bill - Your fader stripes are looking good! I couldn't find the 'gradual' fading type so I resorted to the stripes from Graphics Express.

which I'm thoroughly happy with. THis past week I also installed a Center Fog-Light grill (see photo link below).

Suggestion, ... Do us all a favor and email Marcello at SHR, .... I'm sure he'd disount a set of those nice 'louvers' to you as long as you do a detailed installation post!!! (hint hint) ... that's my next project, but definately am leary of the install w/o having TacoMan instructions!

(And a Big Thank You for doing instruction How-To's as well)
take care
Old 7/19/07, 09:11 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Great pics Bill!

Sorry I couldn't make it there last night guys. I was just too lazy coming home from Chris' lesson. Hope you guys didn't bad mouth me too bad.

Brian, a little 'pre-carshow' constructive criticism here, so plz don't freak...
Calipers and front/rear spoilers look great!
In the engine bay, be sure to loosen the C&L filter and rotate it until the element seam is at the bottom (which should also show the 'C&L' letters right side up).
Also turn both the rad overflow tank and washer caps right side up.

It's those minor details that I look for when judging a car (I also look for straight and inline clamps), it's the difference between 1st and 2nd.

I have those too.

Of course I will!

My prediction will be in the 330 RWHP range, or at least I hope so.
Nah no bad mouthing I promise. I ended up spending 35 bucks on more adams polish stuff. It was a good night, low turn out though.
No freaking out. It's the little things like this that I'm not used to looking at, thank you.
Phil, don't know what you're looking at but I was thinking of you.... btw, thanks for the stickers. Got 'em yesterday and I'll put something on this weekend. Do they really stand up to the heat of the calipers ??
OK no more ghey jokes from me.
As for the sausage fest.... what happened to Susan ?

If you're making 330 that isn't too bad at all.

The stripes are most likely not going to happen before the show. I haven't even gotten them yet. This weekend is packed between the drags in SD and trying to get the car ready, the little things. I have to be done Thursday night because Friday is the John Force Cruise night w/OC Mustang Club, then Saturday morn for R&R. Unless a miracle happens no stripes for the show

Before I forget, Thanks for the kind words everyone. I really appreciate it.
Old 7/19/07, 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by legion455
Suggestion, ... Do us all a favor and email Marcello at SHR, .... I'm sure he'd disount a set of those nice 'louvers' to you as long as you do a detailed installation post!!! (hint hint) ...
Thanks Allen.

I entertained the thought of installing those SHR louvers, but since ditched the idea. I do like the concept, but for now, I prefer the glass.

I know Leo wants to eventually get a set of these louvers.

And congrats on your recent 2nd Place finish!
Old 7/19/07, 09:29 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by habu
As for the sausage fest.... what happened to Susan ?

Hi y'all. I am really, really sorry I haven't checked in. I'm still out here, and my car still has no mods (other than the antenna and EJECT button). Haven't even installed my door sill stickers yet.

The car is second in priority to the house. Since we don't have a driveway (just roadbed) and since it has rained for the past two months (our lakes have been full and the flood gates open), I haven't even washed the poor baby because it just isn't worth it.

We are spending our money on grading, landscaping and driveway at the moment. When we get through that (or when I have a birthday, Christmas, or anniversary), maybe we'll do the things we want to the car (starting with lowering, exhaust, wheels, etc).

Been busy. We went on a 7-day cruise in June, then family reunion in Atlanta on a houseboat for 4 days in late June, early July, then my sister and family visited us for a week starting July 3. It's back to work to catch up on what's fallen behind now.

I was just thinking about all of you this morning (I know you don't believe me), thinking I need to check in here, and realizing that I am missing Bill's fun emails. I must have been removed from his distribution list. I hope everyone's doing well, keeping your cars cleaner than I am, and winning comps!

Oh, a coworker of mine bought a red GT500 a couple of months ago. She has officially up-staged me! But we had fun one day when we valeted our cars at happy hour and the guy asked "which of you has the red mustang?" We got to say "BOTH of us!"

Have a great day! The weekend is just around the corner.
Old 7/19/07, 09:32 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by habu
Phil, don't know what you're looking at but I was thinking of you.... btw, thanks for the stickers. Got 'em yesterday and I'll put something on this weekend. Do they really stand up to the heat of the calipers ??
I can assure you they stand to the caliper heat just fine and with no discolorization. I have a daily driver with a lot of stop and go here.
Old 7/19/07, 10:12 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Wow, you little post *****s are up early this morning.
Old 7/19/07, 10:18 AM
Cobra Member

Exciting news update……………….. (for me at least)

OK, as Bill has been preaching about saving $ for mods and I've been saving my acorns for awhile now and I've got enough to buy a set of Steeda Ultra Lites.

Best price right now is at Brenspeed it would seem but I'll check with Tilman also.

OK this is a good thang for me, plus maybe this darn wheel hop is eliminated.
Old 7/19/07, 10:19 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Exciting news update……………….. (for me at least)

OK, as Bill has been preaching about saving $ for mods and I've been saving my acorns for awhile now and I've got enough to buy a set of Steeda Ultra Lites.

Best price right now is at Brenspeed it would seem but I'll check with Tilman also.

OK this is a good thang for me, plus maybe this darn wheel hop is eliminated.
Congrats. For more mod money I recommend selling one or two of those Hondas.
Old 7/19/07, 10:24 AM
Cobra Member

Wow, you little post *****s are up early this morning.
Yes we are Leo, on the prowl this AM

So I am about to order the Steeda Ultra Lites and I'm thinking maybe I should jump in on the Front Say Bar deletes offered by GMS? I'm not into drag racing or autocross but losing 25lbs on the car would be nice and for $40 or so that sounds good. Vacillating on the sway bar deletes though.
Old 7/19/07, 10:27 AM
Cobra Member

Congrats. For more mod money I recommend selling one or two of those Hondas.
That’s a good idea except then the warden would not have a ride or one of the inmates (my daughter) would not have a ride.
Old 7/19/07, 10:31 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Yes we are Leo, on the prowl this AM

So I am about to order the Steeda Ultra Lites and I'm thinking maybe I should jump in on the Front Say Bar deletes offered by GMS? I'm not into drag racing or autocross but losing 25lbs on the car would be nice and for $40 or so that sounds good. Vacillating on the sway bar deletes though.
Awesome. Get the Swaybar delete now before it goes back up to $169.

Off to wash the car. It's filthy and I'm sure it will get dirty again Friday night at the track but I just can't stand looking at it anymore. Good thing is I can get most the dirt of now so my wash,wax,polish next week won't be so bad.
Old 7/19/07, 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by swwake

Hi y'all.
Susan's back!

It's no longer a sausage fest, thanks Susan!

... I've got enough to buy a set of Steeda Ultra Lites.
Good deal Phil! You'll love the new stance once you get it installed.

Good thing is I can get most the dirt of now so my wash,wax,polish next week won't be so bad.
I have some cleaning to do next Saturday too. Leo can attest to all the dirt and dust on my car because i know you guys won't believe me.
Old 7/19/07, 12:17 PM
Cobra Member

I have some cleaning to do next Saturday too. Leo can attest to all the dirt and dust on my car because i know you guys won't believe me.
Yes right Bill, the GQ has dirt and dust.........................
Old 7/19/07, 01:07 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Susan's back!

It's no longer a sausage fest, thanks Susan!

Good deal Phil! You'll love the new stance once you get it installed.

Amazingly enough it does. It's just like anything else you put in your garage and only open once in a blue moon it's going to have dust.

Yeah but atleast you don't have to wax and polish it. I wish all I had to do was get some quick detail spray and be ready. I need an air compressor or leaf blower badly. I hate washing the car only because it takes me over an hour to dry the dam thing.

For example I just now finished washing the car and I started as soon as I said I was going to in the earlier post 2 1/2 hours ago. So actually it takes me way longer than I thought to dry the dam thing.
Old 7/19/07, 01:14 PM
Cobra Member

Just ordered the Coast Driveline 4" aluminum driveshaft and BMR front loop from CR at Tillman Speed.

Shipping out today, so I should see it by next Wednesday.

This will be the last of the big $$$ mods. Next big purchase will be the wheels and tires.
So Bill did you order the package deal? I assume you also got the adjustable UCA as well?
Old 7/19/07, 01:34 PM
Legacy TMS Member

So Bill did you order the package deal? I assume you also got the adjustable UCA as well?
I'll answer only because I see he's not here and I'm bored.

He' not getting the UCA, or LCA's untill he's sure he needs them. According to Gus and CR he'll be okay without since he's got ultralites. Remember since it's not his DD he has the luxury of letting the car sit there til the UCA comes in if need be.
Old 7/19/07, 01:44 PM
Cobra R Member

Remember since it's not his DD he has the luxury of letting the car sit there til the UCA comes in if need be.
Must be nice.

Quick Reply: Ponies on The Run (Again)