General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Ponies on The Run (Again)

Search this Thread

Old 7/3/07, 11:45 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't want to touch anything like UDPs until my warranty is up anyway. I wouldn't want to be voiding anything now would I?
Old 7/4/07, 12:32 AM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by kh765
I don't want to touch anything like UDPs until my warranty is up anyway. I wouldn't want to be voiding anything now would I?
Heavens no! I feel the same way.
Old 7/4/07, 08:03 AM
Cobra Member

Hi guys I'm back.

I've had a more fun two days in my life but I made it through all my tests. The only test I really hated was the lumbar puncture. What a headache that gives you although today seems better, yesterday felt like my head was going to explode.

I want to go out and clean up (wax) the car for some therapy but I'm having a hard time getting my keeper to let me out. If I can't add any mods at least i can clean it up.

Oh well slow as she goes today so I'll watch on while you guys have a good time here.

Happy 4th guys

Have a great trip Bill
Old 7/4/07, 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by philster2003
Hi guys I'm back.
Phil's back!

Yeah, excellent therapy idea. You can choose to detail the outside, inside, engine bay, undercarriage, or my favorite, the backside of your wheels. Heck, do it all, and it'll be a 8 hour therapy treatment!

Take your pick, or .

Thanks for the well wish. I'll be airborne in just about 24 hours from now.

Happy 4th everyone! I may go do a burnout today in honor of this fine Country.
Old 7/4/07, 09:00 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by philster2003
Hi guys I'm back.

I've had a more fun two days in my life but I made it through all my tests. The only test I really hated was the lumbar puncture. What a headache that gives you although today seems better, yesterday felt like my head was going to explode.

I want to go out and clean up (wax) the car for some therapy but I'm having a hard time getting my keeper to let me out. If I can't add any mods at least i can clean it up.

Oh well slow as she goes today so I'll watch on while you guys have a good time here.

Happy 4th guys

Have a great trip Bill
Glad to hear you're back. Hope you are feeling better. Nothing like a little Mustang therapy for the weekend.

Originally Posted by TacoBill
Happy 4th everyone! I may go do a burnout today in honor of this fine Country.
Marvelous Idea. I'm gonna go ahead and be a copy-cat here and perform my own fireworks, since they're illegal here, for the 4th.

Hey John, that's not a problem in 'bama now is it ? They still have firework & liquour stores all in one convenient location ?

Have a great 4th everyone !! come back with all your fingers
Old 7/4/07, 11:02 PM

I survived the fireworks!

Met up with Leo today to help install his UDP's. I'm sure he'll post up a pic or two when he gets the chance.

Well, that's it folks... I'm outta here!
Old 7/5/07, 12:54 AM
Cobra R Member

Noooo Bill! Don't leave us! We'll be lost without our leader.

Have fun...wish I was going to Hawaii instead of starting summer class.

Gotta see some pics Leo!
Old 7/5/07, 05:09 AM

Originally Posted by kh765
Noooo Bill!
I'm back!

j/k..

Actually getting ready to head on out. Working off 4 hours sleep so I'm sure it'll catch up to me later in the day. But ehh, who cares!

Aloha!
Old 7/5/07, 06:31 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by habu
Hey John, that's not a problem in 'bama now is it ? They still have firework & liquour stores all in one convenient location ?
Are you kidding me? Liquor is barely legal in this state… I sometimes believe that if weren’t for the moonshiners it wouldn’t be legal at all! The politicians don’t like them getting all the money. We have state stores here, which mean that you pay more and get an incredibly poor selection. The moron who took over the state stores and warehouses decided that in order to make them profitable he needed to reduce the variety. Who ever heard of a liquor store being unprofitable?
Sorry, I digress. But I do like a really good Scotch now and then and you almost can’t get any here. But hey… you can get fireworks! Thank God it rained here recently… I thought half the state was gonna burn up with the drought we have and then the idiots shooting off fireworks on the fourth!

Welcome back Phil!
Old 7/5/07, 08:00 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by pville piper
But hey… you can get fireworks! Thank God it rained here recently… I thought half the state was gonna burn up with the drought we have and then the idiots shooting off fireworks on the fourth!
John- I would GLADLY send you some of the rain we have had here lately. We FINALLY snapped the consecutive rain record at 20 or 21 days. (Lost count)

Bill-Have fun in Hawaii.

No UD pullies for me.

Welcome back Phil. (Test didn't sound very fun )
Old 7/5/07, 02:31 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Daryl- 23 days of rain? I don't think us "Socal wusses" could handle that. Good thing is we don't have to.

Phil-Whatever you got done at the Docs doesn't sound fun.

Bill-Have fun.

Sorry no pics of the UDP install. My flock uploader is being stupid. UDP- "PRE-Review"- Haven't had a chance to get on it so can't really say if there's a difference or not. Yesterday I drove about 15 highway miles with the a/c full blast,Shaker 1000 turned up and headlights on and didn't see a change in the voltage gauge.
Old 7/5/07, 02:57 PM
Cobra Member

It will be interesting to see if you get a change in the gas mileage. I have not seen a large drop in mine since the tune... Despite a moderate case of "Lead-Foot-i-tus".
Old 7/5/07, 03:01 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by OKCMustangGT
John- I would GLADLY send you some of the rain we have had here lately. We FINALLY snapped the consecutive rain record at 20 or 21 days. (Lost count)
N.P. Dayrl, we finally have broken out of the slump a bit and seem to be in an afternoon t-boomer pattern which is pretty typical for around here in the summer... And now my car isn't getting washed as much.
Old 7/5/07, 03:17 PM
Cobra R Member

N.P. Dayrl, we finally have broken out of the slump a bit and seem to be in an afternoon t-boomer pattern which is pretty typical for around here in the summer... And now my car isn't getting washed as much.
It's raining just about every day here in Florida. I haven't been able to wash my car much at all. If I do, it just rains and makes it filthy again anyway.

I got my springs today. Still haven't decided if I'm going to go through with them or sell them and get some that are less extreme. I would like to get rid of all that dreadful gap...
Old 7/5/07, 03:45 PM
Legacy TMS Member

It will be interesting to see if you get a change in the gas mileage. I have not seen a large drop in mine since the tune... Despite a moderate case of "Lead-Foot-i-tus".
Well I've got a 110 mile trip back to SD later today So I'll make sure to post my results. On avg I get about 17-19 MPG highway driving. Not bad considering I'm always running between 70-85 with the a/c on. Remember it's Socal so when there's no traffic people make up there own speed limit. If you drive 65 you better be in the slow lane.

BTW-My camcovers (Bill's takeoffs) are being sanded down. I plan on painting them myself sometime before the end of the week. Quick Q for all you paint experts. Would it be ok to use a regualar spray paint as long as I use a high temp primer? Reason is I'm not liking the avaible high temp colors.

More mod news...
CMCV's should be in by Tuesday then it's just a matter of waiting to get an updated tune from Doug.

John-Did you end up getting the pulleys?
Old 7/5/07, 06:22 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Here's a few pics of the UDP install. The first two pics show the torque converter access area. One with the plug one without. FYI- I repainted the water pump pulley as it was real beat up. I also stripped the paint off the crank pulley but decided not to paint since it had a nice brushed aluminum look. I may have to get under the car and paint the center of it with a brush though. You can see in the pics that it looks pretty beat up.

Old 7/5/07, 09:09 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by LEO_06GT
Well I've got a 110 mile trip back to SD later today So I'll make sure to post my results. On avg I get about 17-19 MPG highway driving. Not bad considering I'm always running between 70-85 with the a/c on. Remember it's Socal so when there's no traffic people make up there own speed limit. If you drive 65 you better be in the slow lane.

BTW-My camcovers (Bill's takeoffs) are being sanded down. I plan on painting them myself sometime before the end of the week. Quick Q for all you paint experts. Would it be ok to use a regualar spray paint as long as I use a high temp primer? Reason is I'm not liking the avaible high temp colors.

More mod news...
CMCV's should be in by Tuesday then it's just a matter of waiting to get an updated tune from Doug.

20 or more days straight with rain... we'd float away here in SoCal. I think we last got rain in April, maybe March. Even then we much drier than we should be.

Congrats on the UDPs Leo ! I may have to move on that eventually if the blower takes longer than expected.

You're only getting 17-19 ?? I'm 20+ and high 26-29 on a long haul, 70-80 AC and stereo. That was before the Tune/CAI though. I'll have a better picture going to SD.

The important part for the paint is the follow the instructions to a T Now can regular paint be used ?? Don't know. Never tried anything other than engine high-temp paint. Not too sure it will work. It would suck to get it done and have it change colors or worse. Mine are ceramic based, whatever that really means.

Check yer PM.
Old 7/6/07, 06:16 AM
Cobra Member

Well I've got a 110 mile trip back to SD later today So I'll make sure to post my results. On avg I get about 17-19 MPG highway driving. Not bad considering I'm always running between 70-85 with the a/c on. Remember it's Socal so when there's no traffic people make up there own speed limit. If you drive 65 you better be in the slow lane.?
I get about 24.7 mpg cruising at a steady 80 MPH, I did once get 27 mpg when I was locked in at 65 over an 80 mile stretch in eastern Texas early one morning. Here in Alabama on the interstates 80 to 82 is the average. I've passed a lot of state troopers doing that and as long as there is light traffic they won't pull you over. I usually lock my cruise on 80.

BTW-My camcovers (Bill's takeoffs) are being sanded down. I plan on painting them myself sometime before the end of the week. Quick Q for all you paint experts. Would it be ok to use a regualar spray paint as long as I use a high temp primer? Reason is I'm not liking the avaible high temp colors.?
Good question... I raised a simular one before and didn't get an answer. Maybe an email to Krylon?
What are you going to do with yours when you take them off? I'll trade ya for mine. Sure would be nice to do that... Give me a chance to do a real nice job on mine when I do it.

He hasn't been online since the morning of the 3rd and I posted that evening. He better hurry cause I'm fixing to go out of town next week to Chicago.
Old 7/6/07, 10:39 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Is that a type-o ?? I get 16-17 in town and 24-27 on the highway. I drive anywhere from 70-80 (occcasionally as high as 110 for brief periods) on the highway with the A/C full blast and never ever got that bad MPG. (Even with some very spirited driving. )
Old 7/6/07, 05:57 PM
Cobra R Member

Got rid of the nasty warnings on the sun visors today. My Sportlines are also here, but they will probably sit idle for a while until I decide what I'm actually doing.

Might take my sub and amp out this weekend and sell them. I want to do other things, and they have become a luxury. If anybody wants an 12" W6 or 500/1 amp...they might be available. I think this might be the wrong crowd.

I do think I'm going to realign my blackout panel this weekend for sure. Funny how much a fraction of an inch can bother someone as OCD as me.

Quick Reply: Ponies on The Run (Again)