Originally Posted by philster2003
Be good boys
We will, Mr. BF (Big Fonts)!
Old 7/1/07, 11:21 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The rubber that meets the road!

Originally Posted by LEO_06GT
John-I used the G2 kit and they still look the same as when I did it.

Bill2-What kind of tires are on your car?
They are Dunlop SP SPORT 9000 - 275 / 40 R19 99Y Here's a CU:

Old 7/1/07, 11:24 PM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by JedCranium
They are Dunlop SP SPORT 9000 - 275 / 40 R19 99Y Here's a CU:
umm, Bill... you only have 18's.
Old 7/1/07, 11:32 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by TacoBill
umm, Bill... you only have 18's.
Ops your right a typo my bad! Later when I lower the car it will all come together. I'm saving up for a coil over system. Also I need to beef up the all that rear suspension stuff. I want to see what the KB does to those stock parts Please don't break! Please don't break!

Bill2
Old 7/2/07, 05:46 PM

Without Phil, it sure is eery around here.

No new Mustang news from the POTR gang?

I got my Alpine video bypass thingie in the mail today. Still waiting on several other pieces before it'll come together.
Old 7/2/07, 06:16 PM
Cobra R Member

Haha, we did go more than 12 hours without a single post...unheard of 'round these parts.

I'm waiting on my Eibach Sportlines to get in, should be here tomorrow. I'm thinking they might be a little too low though, so I'm considering just selling them. Now that I've walked down the road of lowering my car, I don't want to go back.

I'm still debating on which panhard bad to go with. Anyone have any recommendations? I saw Jegs has an Edelbrock adjustable bar for $110 shipped, which is a pretty darn good deal. Right now, that's what I'm leaning towards. I've also looked at BMR and CHE bars, which both seem like quality pieces.

500th post!!!
Old 7/2/07, 06:17 PM
Cobra R Member

Is that a curb mark Bill2? (I have 2 of them, so I'm not raggin on you if it is)
Old 7/2/07, 07:02 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well I'll try to make up for lost time. Verizon and my router here at home conspired to keep me from posting, then at work we had network "problems" all day, jeez don't these people know I've got stuff to say, people to mess with on TMS. Some people need their priorities re-aligned

Anyway. I killed the G2 thing this weekend because there was just no way I could get by not driving the car for 24 hours. It's going to have to wait a couple of weeks. I WILL post pics once I get 'em done. So knowing that and that next week/weekend will largely be lost while I laz around the San Diego area I made a snap decision to go ahead and do the struts.

I did not take any pics at all, nor did I document anything. Mainly because the procedure is largely un-changed from the spring install that Bill did so well. The rear, however, is slightly different and I can post that if anyone is interested. My methods may not be the "best" but it got the job done !!!

WHEW. That all being said I am entirely satisfied that I got the FRPP struts. The car feels like it should now. It doesn't have too much rebound and when weight is transferred to a particular end/corner it doesn't feel like its sagging or being compressed too easily. It feels tighter and more stable. I've only blasted around the little hills we have here in La Habra/Whitter but I can definitely tell a change for the better. I can drive much harder into corners now.

On the streets the biggest difference is speed bumps. I previously had to go very slow over them otherwise the car would come down very hard and bottom out, now the springs and struts work together better and it doesn't do it anymore. It's hard to explain.

Now for 450 bucks I've got more than 50% of the FRPP handling kit so at some point the sway bars are next and I'll be set at much less than the 1100 bucks it would have cost to buy the kit.

Put me in the HAPPY camper slot.
Old 7/2/07, 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by kh765
I'm waiting on my Eibach Sportlines to get in, should be here tomorrow.

I'm still debating on which panhard bad to go with. Anyone have any recommendations?

500th post!!!
Sportlines? When you decide this? That's a pretty aggressive drop.

As far as the panhard bar, I'm leaning towards CHE. The non-greasable poly bushings just sound good. Too bad they don't make sway bars though.

Congrats on 500!

Is that a curb mark Bill2?
Good eye Kyle!

Well Bill2? Time to come clean.

Originally Posted by habu
Now for 450 bucks I've got more than 50% of the FRPP handling kit so at some point the sway bars are next and I'll be set at much less than the 1100 bucks it would have cost to buy the kit.
Okay Brian, I'm sure most of us here are getting confused with your mod direction. Aren't you currently running the FRPP lowering springs? If so, these are the perfect match for the FRPP struts/shocks you just got. Then you went ahead and ordered some Sportlines?
Old 7/2/07, 07:41 PM
GTR Member

Okay Brian, I'm sure most of us here are getting confused with your mod direction. Aren't you currently running the FRPP lowering springs? If so, these are the perfect match for the FRPP struts/shocks you just got. Then you went ahead and ordered some Sportlines?
Don't get the blue cars mixed up. Kyle is getting the Sportlines, not Brian.

Heck, Bill, one is Sonic Blue and the other is Vista Blue... geez.
Old 7/2/07, 07:44 PM

Originally Posted by 89Trooper
Don't get the blue cars mixed up. Kyle is getting the Sportlines, not Brian.

Heck, Bill, one is Sonic Blue and the other is Vista Blue... geez.

You got me.

Ehh, Sonic.. Vista.. they're both blue.
(j/k guys... don't you dare call mine Red Fire!)
Old 7/2/07, 07:48 PM
GTR Member

(j/k guys... don't you dare call mine Red Fire!)
Reminds me of a story when I had my 2003 GT.

Somebody said a maroon Mustang was traveling too fast around the back stage area of Animal Kingdom and my supervisor at the time was asking if it was me.

I said, "It couldn't have been. I don't own a maroon-colored car... it's Redfire Metallic."
Old 7/2/07, 08:00 PM
Cobra R Member

Geez Bill, you're getting confused within your own post.

And us Sonic guys don't like to mingle with those Vistas...just kidding Brian, at least yours isn't red...

Am I the only 05 who posts on this thread regularly?
Old 7/2/07, 08:02 PM
Cobra R Member

Someone was selling them for $120 shipped on here and it sounded like a good deal. So I went ahead and snatched them up. I'm not sure if I'll go through with it yet or not...
Old 7/2/07, 08:06 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Bill2- Thanks for the tire info. I really like the tread pattern.

Tom-Funny story.

Bill-Getting cenial.

Brian-Congrats on the new Shocks and struts. You might have to take me for a drive when you come down to SD this weekend.

FYI-Delete plates will be here next Tuesday.

So I should have UDP's and Delete plates in before my next track day. We'll say what kind of gains they provide. I'm hoping for atleast a couple tenths.
Old 7/2/07, 09:11 PM
Team Mustang Source

As far as the panhard bar, I'm leaning towards CHE. The non-greasable poly bushings just sound good. Too bad they don't make sway bars though.

Congrats on 500!

Good eye Kyle!

Well Bill2? Time to come clean.

is that what it's like to get old ?? Let me guess, you were just yelling at the dad-gummed kids to get off your lawn, right ??

Leo, congrats !! I am anxious to here the results. A ride, you gotcha !

Tom who me ???? You must be mistaken it was some other Mustang. for getting away with it.

Kyle on the post count. I too think the sportlines would be way too much. Unless you run a taller tire that is. JIMO the prolines/FRPP are perfect.

Bill2, it's his tires that I got the impression that I could put 275s on my 18 wheels. Dig the deep dish look !!
Old 7/2/07, 09:26 PM
Cobra Member

Anyway. I killed the G2 thing this weekend because there was just no way I could get by not driving the car for 24 hours.
C'mon Brian... It's a car... Not drugs!

Congrats n the FRRPs... I'm so jealous!

Geez Bill, you're getting confused within your own post.
is that what it's like to get old ?? Let me guess, you were just yelling at the dad-gummed kids to get off your lawn, right ??
Bill as grumpy, old, senile man, chasing kids off his lawn with his souped up stang... And I just got over the whole "Bill as a pirate" thing!

Old 7/2/07, 09:33 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Is that a curb mark Bill2? (I have 2 of them, so I'm not raggin on you if it is)

You know I never noticed that, I'll take a look I think I'm in for

Bill2
Old 7/2/07, 10:08 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by pville piper
C'mon Brian... It's a car... Not drugs!

Congrats n the FRRPs... I'm so jealous!

Bill as grumpy, old, senile man, chasing kids off his lawn with his souped up stang... And I just got over the whole "Bill as a pirate" thing!

Yeah I know. I just had a lot of running around to get done this weekend and IF I would have started early Sunday I probably could have gotten away with it. But come on, it's like a drug, that rubber smell, the noise and adrenalin.. who doesn't need that ??

Bill... Arrrrrrrgh Them kids be messing around me fo'c's'le, off be ye or to Davey Jones locker you'll be.

apologies to Bill, Pirates, Old senile Pirates, Pirates named Bill. No animals were harmed during this attempt at humor.
Old 7/2/07, 10:10 PM

Hey, I was speed reading through the posts, just got cornfused there for a second. (At least that's my story)

Originally Posted by LEO_06GT
So I should have UDP's and Delete plates in before my next track day. We'll say what kind of gains they provide. I'm hoping for atleast a couple tenths.
Got any pics of the UDP's?

I'm sure they'll give you some gains, exactly how much I dunno.

But, with a 1-pc aluminum driveshaft and 4.10's to go along with them, look out!

You know I never noticed that, I'll take a look I think I'm in for
Uh oh.

Quick Reply: Ponies on The Run (Again)