General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Ponies on The Run (Again)

Search this Thread

Old 6/22/07, 11:56 PM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by habu
I didn't word that correctly. I'm not doing the covers 'til Sunday. I'll take pics as I go and post when I'm done.
I understood it. Just was wondering if you were planning on letting them dry all day Sunday, then re-install them on Monday.

I'm not sure how heat will effect the newly applied paint.
Old 6/23/07, 12:37 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
hmmmm. good question. Worst case is I'd be able to let them sit 'til Monday morning. I don't think I need to let them sit too long I was figuring on a couple of hours max, then again I haven't fully read the back for the directions yet.
Old 6/23/07, 04:34 AM

Brian, I'm a bit puzzled... I see on your 'on order' list a set of FRPP blue covers?

Is Sunday's job an excercise in futility?
Old 6/23/07, 05:24 AM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What are you doing up at 5:30AM Bill, already starting mod - o - rama Saturday or was that at 3:30AM our time when you posted?
Old 6/23/07, 07:25 AM

Just up early to get ready for my fun filled day!

I get to tear apart my car again! Since I went through my learning curve, it should go a lot faster this time around. Only pics I'll be taking will be of the alternate pulley install and the Racer.
Old 6/23/07, 08:34 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by TacoBill
Brian, I'm a bit puzzled... I see on your 'on order' list a set of FRPP blue covers?

Is Sunday's job an excercise in futility?
Yea I know. I need to change it. I've been lazy.

Speaking of mod-o-rama, I'm off to Costa Mesa to pick up the SSE Ducktail.
It is the one thing that I knew I wanted since I bought the car. I'll un-box it and snap photos for before shots.
Old 6/23/07, 08:38 AM

Speaking of mod-o-rama, I'm off to Costa Mesa to pick up the SSE Ducktail.
Off to Stillen? If so, inquire about a billet rear GT medallion they have. I saw it in a Mustang mag a few months back. See if there's any other cool stuff there too.
Old 6/23/07, 10:51 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by GottaHaveIt
btw Where & how is RayMan Doing ?
I'm very busy with taking care of my wife and slowly moving into our new home. I have to add some mods to a couple of the bedrooms (patch and paint ).

The Stang has taken a backseat to real life right now but I'm keep tabs on you guys.

Thanks for asking.
Old 6/23/07, 01:21 PM
Team Mustang Source

Off to Stillen? If so, inquire about a billet rear GT medallion they have. I saw it in a Mustang mag a few months back. See if there's any other cool stuff there too.
sorry, I literally shut the computer off after that post and never saw this one. Not much to see there. Most if not all of their displays was towards Import mods. The only thing Mustang I saw was the White one parked outside w/a Stillen sticker on it. Either way I at least got a great price for mentioning TMS
Old 6/23/07, 04:52 PM

Steeda replacement UDP and C&L Racer in!!

Job complete!

No pulley boil/freeze method this time around. Just put some synthetic grease around the crank snout (away from the key way) and went for it (using the harmonic balancer install tool)!

C&L install was a snap. Brian is correct about that heatshield, it's a POS. Like him, I'm not using that tie-strap around the ABS lines, just looks tacky. The black silicone hoses also worked like a charm. Both were about 3/4" longer than the supplied blue ones, but as you can see, they look fine.

After all was done and the Shaker re-installed (hopefully for the last time!), I downloaded my new 91R tune and took it out for a test drive. All types of driving were put to the test.. cruising, freeway, and my favorite, flogging! All tested fine, no CEL, no fail safe, just pulled like a banshee!

(See the date? My pulley is only 22 days old.)

(Here's a good comparison shot between the Racer and K&N)

Old 6/23/07, 05:31 PM
Team Mustang Source

Very Cool Bill ! That C&L looks like it'll flow better than the K&N. The black hose looks alot better than the blue, great idea about doing that.

I think I'm gonna wait it out for Tillman to get the "C" heat shield or figure out one myself. If I had a TIG welder I could probably make one better with some aluminum flat pieces.

On a somewhat similar note. awhile back MM&FF(I think) ran a comparison between all the "Cold" Air Intake systems and the WMS provided the best numbers 'cause it was right up front pulling in the coldest air....

Knowing that and even if it'd be uglier than all hell, isn't there a way to insulate the intake from the hot engine bay air ?? something to keep the aluminum or plastic temps down so that the air isn't heated up on it's way into the throttle body ?? There has to be a way to do this. Combining that with perhaps a KB style placement of the filter could go a long way of bringing the freshest coldest air into the motor... a better Ram Air system almost. I swear it'd almost be worth buying another intake just to see what you could do. Put in a temp sensor of some sort to monitor the results. If I could figure this out AND make it attractive.... MOre power baby and maybe even some $$$$$$$
Old 6/23/07, 05:54 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Looks good Bill. I'm surprised you decided not to trim the TB hose since it cuts into the C&L emblem trim.
Old 6/23/07, 05:56 PM
Cobra Member

Looks good Bill!
I worked on the front brakes on the wife’s car. I took the rotors in and had them turned. She has a 2003 Gran Marque and the brakes were very similar to our stangs. I was really impressed with the fact that there are no exposed slide points and they used rubber bellows to seal them as well. That and the rotor were separate from the hub. This was the easiest front brakes I’ve ever done! In the old days all the slide points would need to be dressed with a file and a coating of anti-seize added. And not having to mess with the bearings/seals was a blessing. The road test went well with no pulling and good stops. It’s Miller time!
Old 6/23/07, 06:00 PM

awhile back MM&FF(I think) ran a comparison between all the "Cold" Air Intake systems and the WMS provided the best numbers 'cause it was right up front pulling in the coldest air....
Is this the article?

There's a guy in Leo's club with the WMS intake. If I remember correctly, he had to do some trimming to make it fit.

Thanks for the , I really liked how everything turned out.
Old 6/23/07, 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by pville piper
Looks good Bill!
... It’s Miller time!
Thanks!

I agree!

Originally Posted by LEO_06GT
Looks good Bill. I'm surprised you decided not to trim the TB hose since it cuts into the C&L emblem trim.
Don't your dare Leo!
Old 6/23/07, 06:06 PM
Team Mustang Source

Thanks!

I agree!

Don't your dare Leo!
I wasn't gonna say anything. But you mean for that to look like that ??

Old 6/23/07, 06:08 PM
Team Mustang Source

Is this the article?

There's a guy in Leo's club with the WMS intake. If I remember correctly, he had to do some trimming to make it fit.

Thanks for the , I really liked how everything turned out.
WMS is just the reference for being the CAI to bring in consistently the coldest air. I'm just thinking out loud trying to figure out how to lower the temp of the air for the C&L guys.
Old 6/23/07, 06:09 PM

So the hose slightly violated into the oval section... no big deal. At least the 'C&L' logo is all there.

Besides, with that extra 3/4" bite from the hose, there's less chance of the elbow popping out when the monster torque comes on!
Old 6/23/07, 06:21 PM
Legacy TMS Member

So the hose slightly violated into the oval section... no big deal. At least the 'C&L' logo is all there.

Besides, with that extra 3/4" bite from the hose, there's less chance of the elbow popping out when the monster torque comes on!
I forgot Tom's the super **** one not you.
Old 6/23/07, 06:27 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by LEO_06GT
I forgot Tom's the super **** one not you.
:gay:
*stepping slowly away from the computer... Way too much info

j/k
I kid, I kid. Is joke from old....

Quick Reply: Ponies on The Run (Again)