General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Ponies on The Run (Again)

Search this Thread

Old 6/5/07, 11:31 AM
KdF
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Diffrent Question to the Posters of Ill Repute!

One of my MANY Bosses <she> Has requested that I find her a seat-cover with GT or a Mustang on it. She has a Red 2006 GT Convertable with TAN seats. And knowing all of the Parts searchers in here...I wuz wondering if you knew of anyor...any web sites with these kind of seat-covers....

Thankeee
Old 6/5/07, 11:43 AM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by KdF
Diffrent Question to the Posters of Ill Repute!
It's been asked before in another forum... http://www.mustangforums.com/m_2740301/tm.htm

Good luck finding a set with Ford/Mustang logo, looks to be rather difficult.
Old 6/5/07, 09:37 PM
GTR Member

I've never seen covers w/mustang logos or anything like it. Toms vert is takin the back seat to the cop mobile now..Poor vert jk
Old 6/5/07, 11:22 PM

Originally Posted by Boltzman
I've never seen covers w/mustang logos or anything like it. Toms vert is takin the back seat to the cop mobile now..Poor vert jk
Yes, I've caught Tom posting and surfing the Fox forum on more than one occasion.

If he spent as much on the Vert as he did recently on the 89, he'd already have a Vortech!
Old 6/6/07, 12:48 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TacoBill
If he spent as much on the Vert as he did recently on the 89, he'd already have a Vortech!
Now that sounds like something the vert needs!
Old 6/6/07, 12:49 AM
Cobra R Member

Oh yeah, I finally added a pony to the billet grille Chuck. I love the way it looks. Really needed it just like you said.

Are you going to Daytona this weekend?
Old 6/6/07, 03:21 AM
GTR Member

Not QUITE enough for a Vortech.

I hope after this weekend's dyno pulls I'll be "over" the 89. I haven't even driven the '06 because I'm trying to get 450 miles on the cop car by Saturday. The drive to Daytona will take me close to 500.
Old 6/6/07, 07:22 AM

Originally Posted by kh765
Oh yeah, I finally added a pony to the billet grille Chuck. I love the way it looks. Really needed it just like you said.
We want pics!

Originally Posted by 89Trooper
Not QUITE enough for a Vortech.

I hope after this weekend's dyno pulls I'll be "over" the 89. I haven't even driven the '06 because I'm trying to get 450 miles on the cop car by Saturday. The drive to Daytona will take me close to 500.
So what's your RWHP/TQ expectations this time around?

btw, Modular Mustangs has some events scheduled for that Mustang Week. Tom has the info for those interested.
Old 6/6/07, 12:04 PM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by kh765

Are you going to Daytona this weekend?
Lets see those pics Can't do Daytona this weekend Hopefully next show..
Old 6/6/07, 02:10 PM
Cobra Member

OK gang just wanted to say hi and thanks for letting me on the bus. Bill suggested as only Bill can suggest that I stop by and say hi. This is only like my 23rd post so newbie hardly tells the whole story.

I’ve had my 07 GT now for about 3 weeks and all of 400 miles but what a fun 400 miles that has been. To be young again. I’m one of the older peoples you will know here lol (maybe over 50 lol). It took me along time to get my first V8 and my first, what I would say although it’s probably wrongly used on my part, muscle car. I just love lighting up the rear wheels and the 5sp helps me with that.

So in the short time I’ve had the GT I’ve made a few mods, first was adding the FRPP Stingers. I can’t get enough of the exhaust tone. The Mrs. Looks at me and says you know this is loud, I look back at her and say no kidding, really. The Mrs. Says to me when you start the car or drive by people they jerk their heads to look at you, I say no kidding, that’s great dear. That’s just the reaction I want honey. After being married to me for 30+ yrs she’s on to my lousy humor. I also just added a MGW short shifter. Wow that was fun to install and more fun to drive. I also added a black Hurst shift **** which is totally cool for me. Also added Pony center caps to the wheels to replace the lame Ford center caps they gave me. Oh, I also painted my calipers black and added Pony decals. You will like this, the Mrs. Comes out to look at my caliper painting work and she tells me with the straightest face, honey you missed a spot, there’s a white area. I look at her with this totally dead pan look and say…………..that’s the Pony decal I applied to the caliper. She gulps, says opps sorry honey, looks nice and walks away. Can you sense a lack of caring for my new GT on the part of my Mrs.? I also replaced that long steel antenna ford gives us with a 14” black shorty.

Hopefully I will get my C&L street CAI and SCT/BAMA tunes in by the weekend so I can install. I need more horsepower. Of course the Mrs. Asks me why do I need all this “stuff”. I didn’t even begin to respond. I can tell you she cut off my funding for 6 months so it will be awhile before I get to add some 4.10’s and UDP’s. Oh well the anticipation will be enjoyable.

Just wanted to say you all are a great group of people. Very helpful, extremely knowledgeable and down right fun. Thanks for all the help you’ve already provided me. I’ve been reading up and asking a few questions (thanks Bill so much).

I live in Texas (originally from NY) just Northwest of Houston, hopefully when I visit San Diego in July I’m going to look up Bill and anyone else I can while I’m out there. I won’t be driving the GT out there, that will be our 06 Honda Civic which gets 40mpg and has a great nav system lol. Hey I own 4 cars if you count the cars I had to buy for my girls (4Runner and another Honda Civic). No wonder I run out of money.

Sorry for the long winded post but wanted to say hi and join in.

phil

Old 6/6/07, 02:23 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Hey I know you. Did you get your pony emblems yet?

to the thread and try to keep up.

Love the alloy.
Old 6/6/07, 02:31 PM
Cobra Member

Welcome Phil, and yes... You can call it a Muscle Car!
I hope when I get out to Houston that we might get together sometime... You know, bore the wives with car talk!
Old 6/6/07, 02:34 PM
Cobra Member

Hey there Leo. No Front fender Pony emblems yet. Geez I had to justify the $15 to join Team Mustang Source with the Mrs. today. When I said she cut me off, boy she cut me off. I need to lay low for a few weeks and for 6 months before I do any big time spending. LOL

Oh well what do they say, better to ask for forgiveness then permission! So true in my case. I used that same logic for my 50" plasma TV in Jan. The GT and all the mods has pushed the Mrs., right over the rail.

phil

Oh and I'll try and keep up with you youngsters
Old 6/6/07, 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by philster2003
OK gang just wanted to say hi and thanks for letting me on the bus.
Hi Phil! Welcome to POTR!!

Can you please give us a longer intro next time?
(This is the sort of humor that goes on here)

To the gang, meet Phil. I twisted his arm in getting the new mods.. all of them!

Phil, that was Leo to first respond. He's in SD, the place you'll be visiting later.

That's all for now, doing more research on the 'new' radiator extension covers from MWAG. (Another mod for Phil. )
Old 6/6/07, 02:39 PM
Cobra Member

John, Be great to hook up if you ever get to H-Town. We'd have fun. We could do some dinner and burn outs lol

I live in Spring which like I said Northwest of Houston, close to Magnolia and Tomball (what kind of name is that)

stay in touch

phil
Old 6/6/07, 02:47 PM
Cobra Member

Was that intro long Bill? I hardly noticed........................

And oh thanks again Bill, you have gotten me in SO much trouble. I think the MGW was the final straw that broke the Mrs. back lol.

Just what I need radiator extension covers...............killing me Bill

And I need the black anodized billet fuel door and the mirror covers and the Steeda lowering springs, and the tinted windows and the cross drilled rotors and the racing pedals and the sequential rear tail lights.

Stop with the help Bill!
Old 6/6/07, 03:00 PM

Just what I need radiator extension covers...............killing me Bill

And I need the black anodized billet fuel door and the mirror covers and the Steeda lowering springs, and the tinted windows and the cross drilled rotors and the racing pedals and the sequential rear tail lights.

Stop with the help Bill!
Phil, you forgot the MGW chromed oil and coolant caps, license plate frame, and all the cool billet interior accessories too.

(You have to wait on these since you have an 07)

Old 6/6/07, 03:05 PM

Just what I need radiator extension covers...
Almost forgot the extension covers...

Old 6/6/07, 03:16 PM
Cobra Member

OK Bill I do like the DG Quarter window louvers you installed I may have to get those soon for my GT See there you go getting me to spend money and in trouble again.

Old 6/6/07, 03:19 PM
Cobra Member

What about the MRT hood struts, lets not forget those...........................

Quick Reply: Ponies on The Run (Again)