General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Ponies on The Run (Again)

Search this Thread

Old 4/24/07, 08:24 AM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 89Trooper
God, no, I don't want to start THAT debate again. All I meant is, if you have an aftermarket CAI where it just blows toward the filter, you may as well take off the ducting if you like the clean, uncluttered look.

BTW, I found a shotgun mount for the trunk with a lock. The lock has an electric release (mounted in the vehicle) with an 8 second delay. You can push the button, and right when you get out and around to the back, the lock pops open and you can remove the gun.
No, let's revisit the Shaker functionality for a moment. Just because we're using a CAI, it doesn't mean it's non-functional. As far as I'm concerned, anything besides a blocked off hood scoop is functional. Whether that functionality provides additional HP is another debate.

As far as having a 'clean' look, why must that mean having no ductwork? It's all up to the interpretation of the person looking at the engine bay as to what's 'clean' or not.

On the shotgun mount, that sounds very cool for your purpose. Out in the field, an 8 second delay can get you killed.
Old 4/24/07, 08:25 AM

Originally Posted by OKCMustangGT
How bout you come to Oklahoma and I'll give you an Old Fashioned Country Boy *** Whoopin then we will see what color your face is.

I'll tell you what.. let's have our boy's settle the deal. Want to start taking bets?
Old 4/24/07, 08:34 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yep and the picture did that color absolutely no justice. It was such an awesome color I just stared at it for awhile.
Now I can't wait to see the 08's on the lot. Anyone know when that will be?
Old 4/24/07, 08:36 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by TacoBill

I'll tell you what.. let's have our boy's settle the deal. Want to start taking bets?
Oh throw that up will ya.
Sad that a grown man has to have his son settle his disputes.
Old 4/24/07, 08:40 AM

Oh throw that up will ya.
Sad that a grown man has to have his son settle his disputes.
Why do you think I pay for all those lessons? He's my future bodyguard!
Old 4/24/07, 08:42 AM

Last edited by OKCMustangGT : Today at 06:22 AM. Reason: Becasue Bill thinks "Pretty Color" is gay.

That's too funny.

Glad to see you man'd up again, I was getting a bit worried.
Old 4/24/07, 08:46 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Why do you think I pay for all those lessons? He's my future bodyguard!
Speaking of MMA, did any one watch When Nations Collide UFC Event Saturday? Was free on Spike TV.
They had a guy from Oklahoma in it. He was doing pretty good right up until he got choked out.
Mirko Cro Cop got knocked smooth out. I mean out like a light bulb.
Old 4/24/07, 09:19 AM
GTR Member

No, let's revisit the Shaker functionality for a moment. Just because we're using a CAI, it doesn't mean it's non-functional. As far as I'm concerned, anything besides a blocked off hood scoop is functional. Whether that functionality provides additional HP is another debate.
You are correct. Air gets into the engine bay with our shaker hoods, with a stock CAI or an aftermarket CAI (making them funcional -vs- a regular fake hood scoop). Whether the air gets past the filter, and/or what the engine does with said air, is another story.

As far as having a 'clean' look, why must that mean having no ductwork? It's all up to the interpretation of the person looking at the engine bay as to what's 'clean' or not.
I didn't mean clean as in "dirty", I meant clean as in "un-cluttered". And without the duct work is definitely "less cluttered", no matter how you look at it - only meaning "less for the eye to look at". Not that more or less is better.

On the shotgun mount, that sounds very cool for your purpose. Out in the field, an 8 second delay can get you killed.
All the locks that I've seen have 8-second delays - some have 10.
Old 4/24/07, 09:41 AM

Mirko Cro Cop got knocked smooth out. I mean out like a light bulb.
I saw that on some google video (they already pulled it ). I can't believe Cro Cop got KO'd.

71 should be interesting with Rampage vs the Iceman (Go Rampage! )

You are correct. Air gets into the engine bay with our shaker hoods, with a stock CAI or an aftermarket CAI (making them funcional -vs- a regular fake hood scoop). Whether the air gets past the filter, and/or what the engine does with said air, is another story.
Agreed.

I didn't mean clean as in "dirty", I meant clean as in "un-cluttered". And without the duct work is definitely "less cluttered", no matter how you look at it - only meaning "less for the eye to look at". Not that more or less is better.
I agree with 'less cluttered', however that wasn't my point. And, I know you didn't mean the cleanliness, neither was I making reference to it. What I meant was an engine bay looking orderly and components looking professionally installed (versus a hack job).

All the locks that I've seen have 8-second delays - some have 10.
That's just dumb.
Old 4/24/07, 09:53 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Daryl,Tom good catch on the tow/two.

OK so looks like the no duct wins. I was leaning towards the no duct to begin with. Now all I need is weather striping,dremel and maybe the supervision/guidance of Bill/Kevin Motorsports.

Daryl-Nice pics.

Tom-Shotgun mount thingy sounds cool.

Bill- Good find on the S/C article.
Old 4/24/07, 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by LEO_06GT
Now all I need is weather striping,dremel and maybe the supervision/guidance of Bill/Kevin Motorsports.

Bill- Good find on the S/C article.
Yeah, no prob. We'll be more than happy to hack up your Shaker shroud.

So, which S/C will you be going with? The Kenne Bell?
Old 4/24/07, 10:08 AM
Legacy TMS Member

I'll talk to you about this more via PM or phone.

I'll take a Paxton or Vortech if Bill & Kevin motorsports has banking division handing out loans.
Old 4/24/07, 10:23 AM

I'll talk to you about this more via PM or phone.

Otay.

I'll take a Paxton or Vortech if Bill & Kevin motorsports has banking division handing out loans.

After looking at all the S/C's available, the KB looks the sweetest!
Old 4/24/07, 11:58 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Man do I love Oklahoma. Tornadoes yesterday and conditions are favorable again today. Got a storm about to roll through now.
Old 4/24/07, 12:11 PM
GTR Member

Man do I love Oklahoma. Tornadoes yesterday and conditions are favorable again today. Got a storm about to roll through now.
Yeah, I see the "Tornado Outbreak" in Oklahoma, Kansas, etc. I'll be in Hurricane weather coming up again soon.
Old 4/24/07, 12:13 PM

That's crazy! I don't think I'd be able handle all the tornadoes, hail storms, dust bowls, freezing temperatures.. did I miss anything?
Old 4/24/07, 01:12 PM

Check out this video on YouTube.. all SN95's, but they all pack one helleva punch!
Old 4/24/07, 01:33 PM
GTR Member

Check out this video on YouTube.. all SN95's, but they all pack one helleva punch!
I don't feel so bad about my '89 now. All the N/A cars were just over mine and one was even less than mine. And none were over 300!

That's my goal for May 5th: 300 or greater RWHP. I've been doing a lot of work on the carb. It's totally re-jetted now and I bought a huge air cleaner that will be JUST for the dyno runs... with a 14" x 3" open air cleaner instead of the restriced 1985 set-up.

That un-restricted air flow, plus the 8% leaner secondaries, plus the much bigger accelerator pump shot when going to WOT should hopefully bring it up a measly 46 HP.

It's funny that I say "measly"... the 1989 4-cylinder Mustangs had only 74 RWHP!
Old 4/24/07, 02:13 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by LEO_06GT
So if you had to chose between these tow which would it be?
If I may put in my own tow cents... Or has this topic been commented on toow much?

Really, I like the look of the chopped shaker, I really don't mind the exposed cables and such. If I was gonna put this on it would have to be with the duct. I know it doesn't do much at all but just seems natural that way.
Old 4/24/07, 02:15 PM
Cobra Member

That's crazy! I don't think I'd be able handle all the tornadoes, hail storms, dust bowls, freezing temperatures.. did I miss anything?
Yeah, how about hotter than heII in the summer!

Quick Reply: Ponies on The Run (Again)