General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Ponies on The Run (Again)

Old 4/18/07, 10:00 AM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by OKCMustangGT
I'm pretty sure I do NOT want to know what OTHER things you are talking about.

Don't worry Daryl, I don't kiss and tell.

But, I will take some pics when I'm done!
Old 4/18/07, 11:18 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by habu
I just did mine Sunday. I need to claybar it again I'm starting to feel little imperfections on the hood.

What filter wrench did you end up using. I have an old one that doesn't work too good but it gets the job done. Did you ever see the 2-liter bottle trick for taking off the filter ?? It saved me from getting a bunch of oil all over the hoses and stuff that's under the filter.
I used one like this that I picked up at Kragens.
http://www.amazon.com/Custom-Accesso.../dp/B000BKC2GO
I didn't have a 2 liter bottle handy or I would've used it. That was by far the messiest part of the oil change.

Originally Posted by 89Trooper
Leo - why do we want the LCAs level? I'll check mine today.
Here's a quick summary of why.You want them level because that's how they are at stock ride height. If they're facing downward toward the front of the car your losing power to the wheels. If your into drag racing then you want to buy the BMR relocation brackets. They'll make the lca's angled downward towards the back of the car to improve traction and power to the wheels.
I read alll this somewhere just can't remember where or I'd post a link.
Old 4/18/07, 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by LEO_06GT
... If your into drag racing then you want to buy the BMR relocation brackets. They'll make the lca's angled downward towards the back of the car to improve traction and power to the wheels.
You may want to get the BMR brackets and angle your LCA's like mine.

My set-up is 'drag race' proven to beat other S197's.. TWICE!!
Old 4/18/07, 11:54 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by TacoBill
You may want to get the BMR brackets and angle your LCA's like mine.

My set-up is 'drag race' proven to beat other S197's.. TWICE!!
Good one.
Old 4/18/07, 01:29 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
I'll bet that Bill always got his home-work finished and most likely got A's too boot !
Old 4/18/07, 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by GottaHaveIt
I'll bet that Bill always got his home-work finished and most likely got A's too boot !
Not quite... but, I wasn't a failure either!
Old 4/18/07, 04:42 PM
Legacy TMS Member

I think I have a problem....

I may have a problem with the brake rotor on the front drivers side of my car. I've been getting alot of squealing latley so I decided to look at my rotor for any problems. All the other rotors seemed fine except for the front drivers side rotor. It has a very small groove in the middle of the rotor that goes around the entire rotor in a perfect circle. Appearantly I'v e had this for a while now as I found this pic from a few months ago where you can clearly see the groove I'm talking about. So do you guys have any idea on how to fix this?
Old 4/18/07, 05:19 PM
GTR Member

I may have a problem with the brake rotor on the front drivers side of my car. I've been getting alot of squealing latley so I decided to look at my rotor for any problems. All the other rotors seemed fine except for the front drivers side rotor. It has a very small groove in the middle of the rotor that goes around the entire rotor in a perfect circle. Appearantly I'v e had this for a while now as I found this pic from a few months ago where you can clearly see the groove I'm talking about. So do you guys have any idea on how to fix this?
You'll have to get that tire off and take the caliper off again. Then you can examine the pad to see what's going on. Without doing that, there's no way to know what's causing it.
Old 4/18/07, 06:06 PM
Cobra Member

The groove does not need to be fixed as it presents no performance issues, however, as Tom stated the source needs to be tracked down. Removing the wheel and caliper is the only way to find the source. It could be a rock or something lodged in the pad.
Old 4/18/07, 06:08 PM
Cobra Member

Due to a bum knee I didn't get to install my new shifter in the stang. And now it looks like I got to go to Tampa this weekend!
Old 4/18/07, 06:20 PM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by pville piper
Due to a bum knee I didn't get to install my new shifter in the stang. And now it looks like I got to go to Tampa this weekend!
How long are you staying in FL? I'm off all weekend and can give you a map to my house (I'm about 1.5 hours NE up I-4 from Tampa) if you still want to meet up.
Old 4/18/07, 06:22 PM
Cobra R Member

Get off the computer and install it NOW!!!!!
Old 4/18/07, 07:52 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by 89Trooper
How long are you staying in FL? I'm off all weekend and can give you a map to my house (I'm about 1.5 hours NE up I-4 from Tampa) if you still want to meet up.
I would love too but I am not sure what is going on with this job so I will have to see. I am driving down Saturday and I don't have to be in the plant until Sunday morning, so it is a possibility.
You must be in or near Orlando... That job is about to get hot again. My boss is down there right now so I'll have a better picture of what is happening with that job soon. If you are close to Orlando I might want to wait. Besides, I don't think I'll have the shifter in before I leave. I will know more in a day or 2 so I will let you know.

Originally Posted by mikes rx
Get off the computer and install it NOW!!!!!
Sorry Mike, but I don't like slappin a part on and cruisin 500 miles the next day when I don't have too.... I would hate to find out the hard way that Bill missed a step in his how too!

Old 4/18/07, 08:19 PM
GTR Member

You must be in or near Orlando...
I'm in Saint Cloud. MapQuest it to see. Do you mean that you might be going to Orlando in the near future? If so, that would be a lot better... and you'd be a lot closer.
Old 4/18/07, 09:56 PM

.. It has a very small groove in the middle of the rotor that goes around the entire rotor in a perfect circle. Appearantly I'v e had this for a while now as I found this pic from a few months ago where you can clearly see the groove I'm talking about. So do you guys have any idea on how to fix this?
I'm guessing the wear indicator tab. Or, maybe a rock/debris wedged in-between the pad and rotor.

Like Tom mentioned, gotta pull the wheel and caliper to see what the real issue is.
Old 4/18/07, 09:57 PM

... I would hate to find out the hard way that Bill missed a step in his how too!

Yeah right!! This is the only step I missed...
Old 4/19/07, 06:26 AM
Cobra Member

See Tom... If we do get together I'll be easy to spot... You know, the guy with the bum knee and a saprano voice curteousy of Bill.

This is for you Bill, the step called for tightening the nuts NOT kicking them!

Besides, I don't think George would approve!
Old 4/19/07, 07:27 AM

Went to my club's cruise-in lastnight, the Mustang Cafe. Met up with Brian there and a few of my other club buddies.

Low turnout in the number of Mustangs, probably because it was darn cold!

Saw a couple interesting Mustangs, including a Dealer mod'd PJ knock-off.

Here's some of the highlights..

Hey Chris, which one ya like better?

The Snake vs Chris' hand puppet!

Sorry this one's a little blurred, but it's the first 'non-airbag' steering wheel I've seen in person. I think it was a Sparco.

Old 4/19/07, 07:42 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Bill-Nice pics. Does the guy with the GO stang plan on taking off all the fugly stickers??
Old 4/19/07, 07:50 AM

Bill-Nice pics. Does the guy with the GO stang plan on taking off all the fugly stickers??
I think it's Dealer owned.
Guess they had to put all those decals on for their sponsors who provided all the free parts.

btw- Convinced a Steeda Tri-Ax and a Hurst (Brian.. ) guy to crossover to the MGW. My 'free' offer for them to 'try out' my shifter will end up costing them $300!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Ponies on The Run (Again)