General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Ponies on The Run (Again)

Search this Thread

Old 4/12/07, 07:13 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
One more thing...if anyone wants to see a GOOD car DVD, go see BMW's "The Hire" series.

I remember they had a "free view" on Directv with the 3 films featuring the Z4 (with Clive Owen, if any of y'all remember) when the Z4 first came out. A couple of years later, a friend of mine had the actual DVD, and told me about how he got it, which prompted me to do the same (see below).

The DVD is a series of 8 different shorts (each ~10 minutes long), all featuring a particular BMW (ie-Z4, last gen M5, etc). It claims to feature GOOD directors (I wouldn't know who's good or not---I'm not a movie buff), and I know that it features GOOD actors (one has Madonna, one has Don Cheadle, one has the late James Brown, and Clive Owen is in a few). The action scenes are EXCELLENT and very well made.

Anyway, I highly recommend it. The shorts used to be available on BMW's website for download, or you could purchase the DVD for like $4 (no lie...I think they just charged like $4 + tax for it, and that included shipping already). Or, it was free if you were a BMW owner.

But, unfortunately, I don't think they are selling it anymore. Last time I looked on their website, I think they said that they were phasing them out.

maybe you can find it on you-tube or something

EDIT: well, I was right. If you google "BMW films" (that used to be the web address), you get sent to BMW's website which states that it's no longer available for purchase. But, I also saw a few lines down that You-tube did in fact have the one "Star", and I'm sure that they have others.

So, for those of you interested for You-tube, here are the names of the 8 shorts:
"Hostage"
"Ticker"
"Beat the Devil"
"Ambush"
"Chosen"
"The Follow"
"Star"
"Powder keg"

Before you ask: I have the DVD version, not the downloaded version. So,I can't just send you the file...sorry.

ONE MORE EDIT: If you search "BMW hire" on ebay, quite a few show up. Just note that the first run/season only had FIVE shorts. It does not have the ones with the Z4/clive owen. The Z4's were in the second edition/season. So, if you were interested in the DVD version, make sure you get the one whose cover says "a series of 8 short films".
Old 4/12/07, 11:28 PM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
I like all the F&F movies, they're all entertaining to me.

Also have seen all the Clive Owen BMW shorts as well.

Like Brian, I've been busy during the past couple of days on a project.

I'm just wondering what happened to Leo.
I've e-mailed him, but no reply yet.
Old 4/12/07, 11:35 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I saw bits and pieces of the F&F movie and for me I can't stomach it, but then I'll watch South Park or SuperTroopers, go figure.
I remember when the BMW movies were released and if it's in DVD format I'd love to get my hands on them.

I hope everything is A-OK w/Leo. Granted at a new job he is probably really busy getting up to speed. He did say he doesn't have access to a PC during work hours so who knows.

Hey Bill...

The Off-Road H is coming off this weekend. Took my friend out for a drive and we couldn't stop laughing it sounded so wicked. But then the downside is that it's too obnoxious(I never thought I'd say that very thing).
Old 4/12/07, 11:39 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by TacoBill
And, a shot of the Redline girls!
What's that between her legs?!

Guess you know where my eyes go.
Old 4/12/07, 11:50 PM

Originally Posted by habu
Hey Bill...

The Off-Road H is coming off this weekend. Took my friend out for a drive and we couldn't stop laughing it sounded so wicked. But then the downside is that it's too obnoxious(I never thought I'd say that very thing).
WHAT?? Did I hear this correctly from the King of Hot Rodding?

I can see if the neighbors in your complex are giving you big time grief, but that it sounds too 'obnoxious'?

Can't wait for Tom's response..

Originally Posted by Ray Man

Ray, you're a bad boy.

But, now you got me wondering..
Old 4/12/07, 11:53 PM
Cobra R Member

Also have seen all the Clive Owen BMW shorts as well.
Have you seen the other 5 BMW shorts without Clive Owen. His 3 were good, but so were the others. The first 5 were the "first season" shorts.

I remember when the BMW movies were released and if it's in DVD format I'd love to get my hands on them.
It is available on DVD, unfortuantely not at the extreme low price that BMW used to sell it for. But, ebay has some available for a "modest" price that's comparable to new DVD's today. (just not $4 like it used to be from BMW). I highly recommend the DVD. the quality is great...it's not like they just recorded it off the internet onto a DVD. It's true DVD quality, with Dolby sound (I'm pretty sure it's 5.1), interactive menus (you can learn more about the cars and stuff), and all.

Hopefully everything's OK. Maybe he just has the "website not found" problem today.
Old 4/12/07, 11:55 PM
Cobra R Member

Ray, you're a bad boy.

Funny...but I have a good feeling (and am really hoping) that it's just her hand/fingers [please...don't read into that too much
Old 4/13/07, 12:33 AM
Team Mustang Source

WHAT?? Did I hear this correctly from the King of Hot Rodding?

I can see if the neighbors in your complex are giving you big time grief, but that it sounds too 'obnoxious'?

God I know. Trust me if I didn't have to drive this everyday there would not be a question. I love the sound. There is no vibration, ala verts. Even the trumpetting isn't so bad, maybe it's just me and I'm being paranoid... But I work about 2 blocks from a LA County Sheriff station and it's killing me not to be able to get on the throttle. AND... AND... I noticed today that one of my tired has been "tagged" with a orange blotter dot... and I've been home, work and a Del Taco and that's it... so someone somewhere marked my drivers rear tire. Don't know what it means.

I am in the market for a 68-72 Ford F250 that I can beat up and drive every day. Maybe once I get that I'll look at a O/R H or Long Tubes catted or something. Until then I want to be a little more stealthy when I break the basic speed laws.

Ray, you're a bad boy.

That's some nasty camel_ _ _ !!!! What ever it is I'd like to be the guy that paints those suits on !!!
Old 4/13/07, 12:35 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by mikes rx
It is available on DVD, unfortuantely not at the extreme low price that BMW used to sell it for. But, ebay has some available for a "modest" price that's comparable to new DVD's today. (just not $4 like it used to be from BMW). I highly recommend the DVD. the quality is great...it's not like they just recorded it off the internet onto a DVD. It's true DVD quality, with Dolby sound (I'm pretty sure it's 5.1), interactive menus (you can learn more about the cars and stuff), and all.
Thanks for the info Mike.
I'll have to see if I can find it around somewhere. It's bound to be that's for sure. I just remember how hard it was when they first came out 'cause the traffic was so high on the sites. I gave up after awhile.
Old 4/13/07, 04:04 AM
GTR Member

Hey Bill...
So somebody sees where I'm coming from? But, seriously, I can understand what you are saying, but was it overall obnoxious, or did you not like what I didn't like - the awful sound at certain RPMs that sounded like it was vibrating off the car?

There you have it! I didn't say anything mean, like "I told you so", or "Ha!", or anything like that.
Old 4/13/07, 06:07 AM
Cobra R Member

I'll have to see if I can find it around somewhere. It's bound to be that's for sure. I just remember how hard it was when they first came out 'cause the traffic was so high on the sites. I gave up after awhile.
I saw what the price was for the DVD, and said "might as well just get the DVD for the few bucks". So, I didn't even bother watching it on the internet, because I didn't want to ruin the ending (since I wanted to watch it with good video, sound, etc. I wanted the full sensory experience.)

But, you should have no problem finding them on ebay. There seem to be enough to go around.
Old 4/13/07, 07:06 AM
GTR Member

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DARYL!!!!

Hope you have a lucky day!
Old 4/13/07, 07:18 AM

... But I work about 2 blocks from a LA County Sheriff station and it's killing me not to be able to get on the throttle.

AND... AND... I noticed today that one of my tired has been "tagged" with a orange blotter dot...
You're showing your age, Brian! I can almost bet that if you were 16 again, you'd give 2 chits about driving past a Sheriff's Station... full throttle!

Kidding aside, I see where you're coming from. I get nervous as heck when I'm within earshot of a Deputy. Not only for the O/R-H, but my car has 4 more citations they can hit me with.

AND, what's up with that orange dot thing? Maybe you're being tagged as a gross poluter.

My friend might have that DVD, let me check with him.

Originally Posted by 89Trooper
So somebody sees where I'm coming from?
Nope. Brian said he loves it, no mention of the 'crappy' sound you're hearing.

He's just feein' a bit paranoid.
Old 4/13/07, 07:21 AM

Happy Birthday Daryl!!!
Old 4/13/07, 07:23 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Well if your eyes didn't go there I would be worried.
And yes it's my, uhh I mean her hand.
Leo must really be lost in this new job, he hasn't even been on to complain or praise it.
Originally Posted by 89Trooper
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DARYL!!!!

Hope you have a lucky day!
Thank you. It's freaking raining like hell and possibly snow later WTF this is APRIL Got a golf tournamnet tomorrow, High 48, 25-30 mph wind and 50% chance of precip.
Old 4/13/07, 07:24 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Happy Birthday Daryl!!!
I thank ya.
Old 4/13/07, 07:39 AM
GTR Member

Nope. Brian said he loves it, no mention of the 'crappy' sound you're hearing.
Then we still need to verify if it's a convertible thing.

Originally Posted by OKCMustangGT
Thank you. It's freaking raining like hell and possibly snow later WTF this is APRIL Got a golf tournamnet tomorrow, High 48, 25-30 mph wind and 50% chance of precip.
Hope it doesn't rain for you... or for me:

Attachment 23964
Attached Thumbnails Ponies on The Run (Again)-2007_show_logo.jpg  
Old 4/13/07, 07:54 AM
Team Mustang Source

Happy Birthday Daryl !!

The trumpeting is there, right at 2500 or so. It's annoying, raspy but it isn't the reason.

I had a neighbor tell me the other day they can tell if the light down the street is red or green in the morning 'cause they'll hear my car echo down the little valley longer if it's green. A week ago I had a Sheriff or reg. Cop make a right turn from a left lane to follow me a bit until I turned into a side street/fast food place (because I saw him)... The first week I had it, starting it up in the parking garage I had one of our HR people stop their car in front of mine and yell... "Do you HAVE to do that everytime ?"

So yeah, I'm a bit paranoid about it. If I was younger I wouldn't think twice about it. My 429 Torino had blown out glass paks for years until I finally bought a better exhaust for it. No cats just pipe and it was built more than the GT is. Did I care, hell no. But I think the GT is MUCH louder than that car was.
Old 4/13/07, 08:19 AM
GTR Member

The trumpeting is there, right at 2500 or so. It's annoying, raspy but it isn't the reason.
I think he still knows where I'm coming from, Bill.
Old 4/13/07, 09:23 AM
Cobra R Member

Happy birthday Daryl

Quick Reply: Ponies on The Run (Again)