Notices
General Mustang Chat Not Tech or Model Year Specific

Ponies on The Run (Again)

Old 4/1/07, 02:40 PM
  #7661  
Team Mustang Source
 
habu's Avatar
 
Join Date: September 14, 2005
Location: SoCal
Posts: 3,477
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm watching NASCAR but more of a Drag Racer at heart. Off to turn on ESPN2

me from about 1973 w/my mom


I feel really bad for JFR and the Medlen family. If you want to tear up go to NHRA.com and see some of the things that John Force said at the eulogy
habu is offline  
Old 4/1/07, 02:55 PM
  #7662  
Mustang Fanatic
 
LEO_06GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 24, 2006
Location: San Diego
Posts: 7,407
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TacoBill View Post
Leo, get off the computer and go install those rocker stripes. Sun is out, perfect time to let them dry out in the sun.
Nah I'm not feeling it today. The cars to filthy from yesterday and I don't feel like washing it right now. I think I'm going to wait untill I can get second set of hands.
LEO_06GT is offline  
Old 4/1/07, 05:25 PM
  #7663  
Cobra R Member
 
mikes rx's Avatar
 
Join Date: January 15, 2007
Location: Hampton Roads, VA
Posts: 1,582
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TO team mustang source members

Team mustang source members,

Has anything new been posted on the team mustang source threads regarding be able to cancel the subscription???

I PM'd Brad again last week, and still haven't heard anything back.
mikes rx is offline  
Old 4/1/07, 05:47 PM
  #7664  
Mustang Fanatic
 
LEO_06GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 24, 2006
Location: San Diego
Posts: 7,407
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mikes rx View Post
Team mustang source members,

Has anything new been posted on the team mustang source threads regarding be able to cancel the subscription???

I PM'd Brad again last week, and still haven't heard anything back.
LOL just join already.
LEO_06GT is offline  
Old 4/1/07, 06:38 PM
  #7665  
Mustang Fanatic
 
LEO_06GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 24, 2006
Location: San Diego
Posts: 7,407
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Found pretty useful stang owner page. Has how-to's and other stuff.
http://www.cherod.com/mustang/index.htm
LEO_06GT is offline  
Old 4/1/07, 06:40 PM
  #7666  
Bullitt Member
 
fxdwg2002's Avatar
 
Join Date: June 15, 2006
Posts: 314
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by LEO_06GT View Post
LOL just join already.
+1 No kidding it's just 15 buck Geezzz!!!
fxdwg2002 is offline  
Old 4/1/07, 07:38 PM
  #7667  
Cobra R Member
 
mikes rx's Avatar
 
Join Date: January 15, 2007
Location: Hampton Roads, VA
Posts: 1,582
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by fxdwg2002 View Post
+1 No kidding it's just 15 buck Geezzz!!!
It's not the $15/year that bothers me...it's the fact that it could go on FOREVER. But, even worse, is the fact that NO ONE CAN RESPOND WITH AN ANSWER!!!

No one knows the answer except for the owner of the site. I've PM'd admins/moderators, and none of them know the answer, saying that Brad is the only one that deals with that aspect of the forum (which is understandable). Well, they all said that they have forwarded their messages to him...and no answer. I've personally PM'd Brad a few times...and still, I have no answer.

So, why should I join. Obviously, my membership isn't "valued" one way or another, because I can't get a response from someone so that they can TAKE my money. (It's not like I'm harassing them to get a refund...I'm trying to give THEM the money)

I've been ready to become a member, since we discussed this a few weeks ago. But first, I just want an answer. I still LOVE this forum. I've gained tons of knowledge from it, and try giving back with posts. I consider $15/yr is no different than a car club, and that's what this is.

But, this is what I'm thinking:
1) they don't value my $15
2) why should I give $15 for a membership when I can't even get information about the membership
3) they obviously don't use the $15 for the website, because the person using the money won't respond.

Just an observation. I'm not trying to be a **** about it. But, like I've said before...if this was a company that I wanted to buy a product from, I wouldn't give them my business if I couldn't get a response about their product...I would feel like they didn't care about my business, so why should I buy from them.

I know that y'all are kidding when you say to just pay it. I'm not trying to go off on any of y'all, as you have nothing to do with how membership works. So, I apologize if it sounds like I'm yelling at anyone on this thread. I love being on this thread in particular, because it's just a nice atmosphere and is similar to a chat room. Y'all talk about whatever, there's no arguing, no bashing, nothing like that (compared to some other threads on TMS that are like that to a degree).

Maybe I just needed to blow off some steam about it. Hopefully, y'all will at least somewhat understand what I'm trying to say with words, which comes out much different than just saying something verbally. And, hopefully, this doesn't get me from this thread.

But, plain and simple: I'm not just going to buy in to something without knowing what I'm getting into.
mikes rx is offline  
Old 4/1/07, 08:17 PM
  #7668  
GTR Member
 
Boltzman's Avatar
 
Join Date: April 20, 2005
Location: Tampa,FL
Posts: 4,649
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
why do you need to join? I really can't see the benefit of it,although everyone who has joined will argue.
Boltzman is offline  
Old 4/1/07, 08:35 PM
  #7669  
Cobra R Member
 
mikes rx's Avatar
 
Join Date: January 15, 2007
Location: Hampton Roads, VA
Posts: 1,582
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Boltzman View Post
why do you need to join? I really can't see the benefit of it,although everyone who has joined will argue.
Apparently, you get access to a special thread, shop manual stuff, "extra" account features, and a discount at the TMS store. Also, as everyone else has/will argue, you help support the cause (which is a valid argument)

But, I have an issue with the fact that TMS doesn't even tell you what you get for being a member. When you click to join, it has some VERY vauge statements, and that's it. The stuff I just mentioned in the paragraph above is only what I've been told my other members.
mikes rx is offline  
Old 4/1/07, 08:58 PM
  #7670  
 
Join Date: September 23, 2004
Location: SoCal
Posts: 10,036
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by LEO_06GT View Post
Nah I'm not feeling it today. The cars to filthy from yesterday and I don't feel like washing it right now. I think I'm going to wait untill I can get second set of hands.
I don't blame you there.. after yesterday, I'm a bit 'Mustang'd out' myself.

Guess there's no need to rush the install, you have til April 22nd.



Originally Posted by LEO_06GT View Post
Found pretty useful stang owner page. Has how-to's and other stuff.
http://www.cherod.com/mustang/index.htm

Check out the 'How To' link and click on the Saleen adapter. Looks familiar? At least he gave me full credit.
TacoBill is offline  
Old 4/1/07, 09:05 PM
  #7671  
 
Join Date: September 23, 2004
Location: SoCal
Posts: 10,036
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mikes rx View Post
It's not the $15/year that bothers me...it's the fact that it could go on FOREVER. But, even worse, is the fact that NO ONE CAN RESPOND WITH AN ANSWER!!!
Mike, cut and paste most of your above post and e-mail it to Brad at [email protected] . Maybe you'll get a response quicker than going the PM route.
TacoBill is offline  
Old 4/1/07, 09:17 PM
  #7672  
Team Mustang Source
 
habu's Avatar
 
Join Date: September 14, 2005
Location: SoCal
Posts: 3,477
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by mikes rx
So, why should I join. Obviously, my membership isn't "valued" one way or another, because I can't get a response from someone so that they can TAKE my money. (It's not like I'm harassing them to get a refund...I'm trying to give THEM the money)
(didn't want to quote the whole thing).

I do not disagree with anything you've said. I only joined because I wanted the manual stuff when I did my springs. and will one day download all of it. Paying for the community is give or take, while it's a good cause there certainly doesn't seem to be a big benefit to it, except for signature size(right Leo ?)

The perpetual 15/yr seems unreasonable especially if you cannot get word on how to cancel. What if you decide to sell you Mustang, not that anyone here would.
habu is offline  
Old 4/1/07, 09:17 PM
  #7673  
Cobra R Member
 
mikes rx's Avatar
 
Join Date: January 15, 2007
Location: Hampton Roads, VA
Posts: 1,582
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TacoBill View Post
Mike, cut and paste most of your above post and e-mail it to Brad at [email protected] . Maybe you'll get a response quicker than going the PM route.
Thanks...just sent an email. Here's a copy, for all those wondering how "mean" I got in the email...

Brad,
I've PM'd you a couple of times, but haven't heard any response yet to the following issue. Also, I have PM'd a couple of moderators and admins, and they have all stated that they aren't in this aspect of TMS, and that they would forward my question to you. Since I still haven't received a response (after ~2-3 weeks), I figured I'd try via an email:
I am interested in becoming a member of Team mustang source. It states on TMS that the subscription automatically renews each year. Does it just take the payment out of my paypal account each year, or does it require some sort of "authorization" that I can deny if desired. Basically, I would like to know if there is any way to prevent paypal from automatically deducting the money (ie-if I were to decide to not renew my subscription next year).
Thanks for your time,
Mikes rx
mikes rx is offline  
Old 4/1/07, 09:21 PM
  #7674  
Cobra R Member
 
mikes rx's Avatar
 
Join Date: January 15, 2007
Location: Hampton Roads, VA
Posts: 1,582
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by habu View Post

I do not disagree with anything you've said. I only joined because I wanted the manual stuff when I did my springs. and will one day download all of it. Paying for the community is give or take, while it's a good cause there certainly doesn't seem to be a big benefit to it, except for signature size(right Leo ?)
I have a shop manual, so that's no BIG deal. However, I would think that it is nice to have internet access to the manual, if (for example) you have the book somewhere else.

Also, I figure I've saved more than $15 by finding good deals and gaining good information from this site. So, I am willing to "give it back" to the website. There's no way I would have tried the GT500 chin spoiler install without the info off this site from other attempts/guinea pigs. And, if it wasn't for TacoBill talking about the moleskin, I would probably have scratched windows by now. (Which, BTW, my dad was thinking that the moleskin wouldn't help...but I decided to get it anyway. Well, someone he works with recently had his windows tinted, and they are scratched. So, I'm glad I spent that extra few bucks)

And those are just 2 of MANY examples.

Originally Posted by habu View Post
The perpetual 15/yr seems unreasonable especially if you cannot get word on how to cancel. What if you decide to sell you Mustang, not that anyone here would.
You hit the nail on the head with this comment. That's my EXACT reasoning, and why I want find out.
mikes rx is offline  
Old 4/1/07, 09:31 PM
  #7675  
 
Join Date: September 23, 2004
Location: SoCal
Posts: 10,036
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mikes rx View Post
I have a shop manual, so that's no BIG deal. However, I would think that it is nice to have internet access to the manual, if (for example) you have the book somewhere else.
Share the wealth, I always say..

Service Manual

2006 TSB

2005 TSB
TacoBill is offline  
Old 4/1/07, 10:21 PM
  #7676  
GTR Member
 
89Trooper's Avatar
 
Join Date: January 26, 2006
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 4,639
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have the:

TSB 06-12-11
Axelmoan-groan - Revised

The only time I notice it is when I'm driving through Animal Kingdom and I am slowly turning into the place where we park. I'm turning right very slow and I hear a wum-wum-wum-wum coming from the rear of the car. When turning left, I hear it but not as loud.

I do NOT want to take it in for the TSB. I don't think it's hurting anything, and I've talked to a few guys at work and they all believe there is no harm being done to the rear-end, or anything on the car, for that matter. Who knows how many problems I would leave the dealership with.
89Trooper is offline  
Old 4/1/07, 10:42 PM
  #7677  
 
Join Date: September 23, 2004
Location: SoCal
Posts: 10,036
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 89Trooper View Post
I have the:
TSB 06-12-11
Axelmoan-groan - Revised
I read that putting in some Friction Modifier can make the groan go away.

I'd try this first before taking it in.

more info
TacoBill is offline  
Old 4/1/07, 10:46 PM
  #7678  
GTR Member
 
89Trooper's Avatar
 
Join Date: January 26, 2006
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 4,639
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TacoBill View Post
I read that putting in some Friction Modifier can make the groan go away.

I'd try this first before taking it in.
There should be 5 oz of friction modifier already in there. At least, whenever you change the fluid, they say to add 5 oz of Motorcraft friction blah, blah, blah... so I hope it would be there from the factory.

I thought about draining the entire rear-end and putting in Royal Purple like in my '89. That is full synthetic and has the proper amount of friction modifier already added to it. But, there's no drain plug (I don't think), so it would be obvious that I removed the cover.
89Trooper is offline  
Old 4/1/07, 10:50 PM
  #7679  
 
Join Date: September 23, 2004
Location: SoCal
Posts: 10,036
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 89Trooper View Post
There should be 5 oz of friction modifier already in there. At least, whenever you change the fluid, they say to add 5 oz of Motorcraft friction blah, blah, blah... so I hope it would be there from the factory.

I thought about draining the entire rear-end and putting in Royal Purple like in my '89. That is full synthetic and has the proper amount of friction modifier already added to it. But, there's no drain plug (I don't think), so it would be obvious that I removed the cover.
That last link referenced RP.

I kinda wish mine would start groaning, it would justify getting new gears!
TacoBill is offline  
Old 4/1/07, 10:54 PM
  #7680  
GTR Member
 
89Trooper's Avatar
 
Join Date: January 26, 2006
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 4,639
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TacoBill View Post
I kinda wish mine would start groaning, it would justify getting new gears!
Drive it more.
89Trooper is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Ponies on The Run (Again)


Featured Sponsors

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.