Ponies on The Run (Again)

Search this Thread

Old 3/31/07, 11:06 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

Nice photos you guys!

Looks like you had a blast today.

I see Chris and Zach have new girls friends.

Great weather for the cruise. I'm jealous.

End of the month Brian, still want the CS front facia?
Old 3/31/07, 11:09 PM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by LEO_06GT
This dude made the leather boot himself. I think it looks way better than the redline one. Thoughts??
Nice job at making it, but I ain't fellin' the whole bag thing. It reminds me of a mid 70's Capri or something.

I don't have any complaints at the way the stock e-brake assembly looks.
Old 3/31/07, 11:10 PM

Originally Posted by Ray Man
Nice going, Ray! Just when Brian made up his mind on the CDC Classic, you throw this into the mix again.
Old 3/31/07, 11:11 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nice photos you guys!

Looks like you had a blast today.

I see Chris and Zach have new girls friends.

Great weather for the cruise. I'm jealous.

That means alot coming from the Photo Jedi.

--------------
Poor Tom he's probably trying to catch up and were posting like maniacs.
------------
We need an actual chat room. How would we go about doing something like that???
Old 3/31/07, 11:11 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by TacoBill
Nice going, Ray! Just when Brian made up his mind on the CDC Classic, you throw this into the mix again.
He said he wanted it.
Old 3/31/07, 11:30 PM

We need an actual chat room. How would we go about doing something like that???
Problem is, we discuss alot of reference material and particular subjects. Having it this form, any particular subject or keyword can be searched. Can't archieve a chat room, at least I don't think you can.
Old 3/31/07, 11:39 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Problem is, we discuss alot of reference material and particular subjects. Having it this form, any particular subject or keyword can be searched. Can't archieve a chat room, at least I don't think you can.
Ahh Bill always ruining things with your thinking. I think all of you would get fired if we had a chat room.
Old 3/31/07, 11:41 PM
Legacy TMS Member

He said he wanted it.
I think this smiley says it all.:gay:
Old 3/31/07, 11:57 PM
GTR Member

I'm keeping up...

I'm working on some finances and just keep popping back in every once in awhile.
Old 3/31/07, 11:59 PM
Team Mustang Source

Man, your pics are so much more clear compared to our 'point and shoot'.
I gotta get me a digital SLR. Which model do you have? Does it have an internal flash? Movie capture capabilities?

Touchy.. touchy.

Leo, set aside all your track experience.. manual transmissions are not to be underestimated.
I have a Digital Rebel XT, which is now the 'old' model. The new one, XTi (I think) is 10 Megapixels and has the capability to 'shake' the dust off the image sensor, which mine does not do. Movie capabilities, no go on any DSLR. The SLR part prevents movies from happening from what I understand. It is a lot to re-learn from when I used to shoot 35mm at the drag races all the time. I'm getting better at setting it all up. Today with the sun coming over the top/back of some of the cars really threw me off and I need to learn how to deal with that.
Old 4/1/07, 09:12 AM

Check these pics I found on SocalStangs. They look amazing.
I can't believe I missed this post. Sorry, Leo.
You're right, they are great pictures. In fact, everyone shooting with digital SLR's have great looking pics!

Dang it.. something else to buy.

btw- I think I found my new wallpaper, perfect positioning, icons on the left, car on the right.

Originally Posted by habu
I have a Digital Rebel XT, which is now the 'old' model. The new one, XTi (I think) is 10 Megapixels and has the capability to 'shake' the dust off the image sensor, which mine does not do. Movie capabilities, no go on any DSLR.
Shakin' the dust?

Too bad about not capturing movies, I really like shooting videos on the fly.
If and when I get a DSLR, I'll have to bring my 'P&S' along just for this.
Old 4/1/07, 09:40 AM
Cobra R Member

new cupholder bezel pics

With all this talk about cameras, I think my post with the cupholder bezel was overlooked

I wanted to know what y'all thought. So, here is a new pic of the cupholder bezel with the black inserts (a lot better than the pic I took yesterday), next to how it looked originally.

I ended up using some black electrical tape. It seems to be working VERY nicely, and works better than paint, due to the way I wanted it in the groove. [I didn't want the whole groove in black, but instead just the middle/flat part of the groove. If you have this piece, you know what I'm talking about]

I still may try finding some pinstripe tape that fits in there, but for now, this will do.

Maybe someone could photoshop some black lines into theirs on the car, to give a good indication of what it will look like??? If not, I'll just have to wait until next weekend.
Attached Thumbnails Ponies on The Run (Again)-cupholder.jpg   Ponies on The Run (Again)-cupholder-001.jpg  
Old 4/1/07, 09:52 AM
Team Mustang Source

Shakin' the dust?

Too bad about not capturing movies, I really like shooting videos on the fly.
If and when I get a DSLR, I'll have to bring my 'P&S' along just for this.
The camera can allow dust into the body (really bad thing) due to lens changing or on some bad lenses going from wide-angle to zoom. From the queen mary show last year...

The black smudges were dust. It drove me nuts, but then I wasn't careful enough with taking the lens off and putting the cap back on. Luckily it was free after a drive to Canon by the Irvine Spectrum. Took them 1+ hours to fix it and return to me, enough time to catch a movie...

Not being able to do movies is a definite draw back

Originally Posted by mikes rx
With all this talk about cameras, I think my post with the cupholder bezel was overlooked
The black looks amazing. It gives the piece contrast and depth. I'd like to see pics in the car !!!
Old 4/1/07, 10:08 AM
GTR Member

I ended up using some black electrical tape. It seems to be working VERY nicely, and works better than paint, due to the way I wanted it in the groove. [I didn't want the whole groove in black, but instead just the middle/flat part of the groove. If you have this piece, you know what I'm talking about]
I think it looks good, but mine doesn't have a flat part in the middle of the groove. As can been seen in these pics:

Attachment 23020 Attachment 23021 Attachment 23022 Attachment 23023
Attached Thumbnails Ponies on The Run (Again)-dscn5366.jpg   Ponies on The Run (Again)-dscn5368.jpg   Ponies on The Run (Again)-dscn5370.jpg   Ponies on The Run (Again)-dscn5371.jpg  
Old 4/1/07, 10:20 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by 89Trooper
I think it looks good, but mine doesn't have a flat part in the middle of the groove. As can been seen in these pics:
that's odd. Mine has a flat groove, smaller holes, a little "dimple" next to the holes, and no mouse Also, it appears that your has a angled border all the way around the bezel, where mine is only on the rear part of the bezel.

I'm thinking that they just changed design slightly...maybe someone else can show pics of theirs??
Attached Thumbnails Ponies on The Run (Again)-groove.jpg  
Old 4/1/07, 10:23 AM
GTR Member

that's odd. Mine has a flat groove, smaller holes, a little "dimple" next to the holes, and no mouse

I got mine as a set from someone on ebay (came with coin tray and bezel). It came with MGW's directions, and the tape. Also, it appears to be MGW's quality. I'm thinking that they just changed design slightly.
I don't see a mouse.

They did change designs right when Bill and I bought ours. So, unless they changed again, you may have the older design. I thought they only enlarged the size of the holes. Mine is 2.5" front, 3.0" back. What's yours?
Old 4/1/07, 10:29 AM
Cobra R Member

I don't see a mouse.
Hamster...or whatever that is crawling on your table

They did change designs right when Bill and I bought ours. So, unless they changed again, you may have the older design. I thought they only enlarged the sizes of the holes. Mine is 2.5" front, 3.0" back. What's yours?
That must be it then. Mine's 2.5" front (it would have to be the same, as the coin tray is the same), and ~2.75" back. I was thinking that your rear drink opening extended to the edge a little more than mine.

I'm not worried about the size though, because I almost NEVER have a drink in the car with me. So, capability to hold drinks was not important to me anyway.
Old 4/1/07, 10:35 AM
GTR Member

Hamster...or whatever that is crawling on your table
That is a rat.

That must be it then. Mine's 2.5" front (it would have to be the same, as the coin tray is the same), and ~2.75" back.

I'm not worried about the size though, because I almost NEVER have a drink in the car with me. So, capability to hold drinks was not important to me anyway.
Yeah, they both look good. We just happened to order right when they made the change. I usually have bottled water, if anything. And I only use the cup holder bezels at shows. It stays nice and clean and doesn't get scratched. Rat's nails (about the hardness of Gypsum) don't scratch aluminum (about the hardness of Fluorite), by the way.
Old 4/1/07, 10:38 AM
Cobra R Member

That is a rat.

Yeah, they both look good. We just happened to order right when they made the change. I usually have bottled water, if anything. And I only use the cup holder bezels at shows. It stays nice and clean and doesn't get scratched. Rat's nails (about the hardness of Gypsum) don't scratch aluminum (about the hardness of Fluorite), by the way.
Thanks for the help.

Yeah, I don't drink soda, so it would be bottled water if anything. So, a spill is OK. Well, not OK, but at least not terrible.
Old 4/1/07, 11:13 AM
GTR Member

Tom, I hope that rat is snake food

Quick Reply: Ponies on The Run (Again)