General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Ponies on The Run (Again)

Search this Thread

Old 3/31/07, 07:29 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 89Trooper
Cool pics... and video... did you finish it??

Why does Brian have a plate up front?
Here's your answer to question 1.

It's Steve that has the front plate. Why? I don't know.
Old 3/31/07, 07:35 PM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nice pics Leo. that camera is awesome
Old 3/31/07, 07:50 PM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Nice pis Leo! I like the local talent the best!
Trying to compete against my WESTEC video?

No mention of our illegal street race? That was one of the day's highlight!

Nice pics of the Good Guys Show.
Old 3/31/07, 07:54 PM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by LEO_06GT
Here's your answer to question 1.

It's Steve that has the front plate. Why? I don't know.
Congrats on the 1 lb burger. Doesn't sound like much, but I guess when you add the bun and all the toppings it isn't as easy as a 16 oz steak.

Oh yes, I see that is Steve now. Different county?
Old 3/31/07, 07:55 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by Boltzman
Nice pics Leo. that camera is awesome
Thanks.

Nice pis Leo! I like the local talent the best!

Thanks. I agree which is why I'm disappointed none of you took more pics. Hopefully Richard comes through with some money shots.

Trying to compete against my WESTEC video?

Nope.

No mention of our illegal street race? That was one of the day's highlight!

Nice pics of the Good Guys Show.

OK if you insist. Bill and I had another showdown today and he beat me fair and square unlike last time. Thanks again you see whay you missed.
Old 3/31/07, 08:05 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Congrats on the 1 lb burger. Doesn't sound like much, but I guess when you add the bun and all the toppings it isn't as easy as a 16 oz steak.

Oh yes, I see that is Steve now. Different county?
Thanks. Nope it's just that Bill,Brian and myself are rebels. CA requires front plates but most car people here run without front plates.
Old 3/31/07, 08:14 PM
GTR Member

Thanks. Nope it's just that Bill,Brian and myself are rebels. CA requires front plates but most car people here run without front plates.
I remember Susan talking about being a rebel, but don't remember you guys saying that you were trying to get away with it.
Old 3/31/07, 08:47 PM
Cobra R Member

Nice pics, both of the mustangs and those exotics.

I've only seen one Lambo in VA beach.

We usually get some new Z06's and sometimes a viper that head up to cruise-ins my way, but that's usually it in terms of high priced cars.
Old 3/31/07, 09:14 PM

I remember Susan talking about being a rebel, but don't remember you guys saying that you were trying to get away with it.
I specifically told my Dealer to NOT drill into the front bumper or even think about installing the front plate.

... or to wax it either.

I have a plan if I ever get popped for the 'no front plate'. I'll just tack it on using double side tape and get it signed off.
Old 3/31/07, 09:22 PM

... I agree which is why I'm disappointed none of you took more pics. Hopefully Richard comes through with some money shots.

Bill and I had another showdown today and he beat me fair and square unlike last time.
I didn't see too many 'opportunity' shots from today. But, you managed to capture a few!

Unlike the last time?? Hey buddy, getting caught with your pants down is no excuse!
Old 3/31/07, 09:26 PM
Bullitt Member

Well....had a great time today. It was cool seeing Bill, Chris, Brian and Leo.

I thought the StopLight grand prix was fun as !@$#. Zachary kept talking about it all the way home, But he said that the Red (Bill) was first, the Blue (Me) was Second, and the Black (Leo) was third...Who want's to argue with a 10 year old? Nevermind the fact that he's my kid I really did miss third!!! We all know about the 3rd gear lockout at WOT.......That's my story and I'm sticking to it!!

We'll have to have a rematch the next time we get together. I thought I did pretty good. Especially since I'm running completely stock, compaired to the Bamachip boys.

Brian and Bill, you guys missed out on a killer car show. there must have been about 1000 cars there. The only thing that sucked was having to park out in a dirt parking lot. Both Leo's and My car's looked like we went through a dust storm.

Hope to get together again soon. It was a pleasure hanging out with all of you!!!
Old 3/31/07, 09:42 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by TacoBill
I really didn't want to mention it, BUT.. Leo lost AGAIN in an impromptu street race! Once again fell prey to the TacoBill GT... as well as Steve (he claims he missed 3rd.. ). Brian was the smart one in the bunch, didn't want to tangle with the Taco.
What Bill isn't mentioning is that there were only three lanes from which to race. I ain't afraid of showing Bill how to race.
I even learned something.
1) I have to get sequential tail lights
2) My car needs a front spoiler front fascia whatever... CDC Classic again leading the way.
3) I really like the looks of the DG Louvers. I wish they were more like the CDC ones but hey what can you do ?

It was great meeting Steve and Zach. Why do the waitresses assume the little skinny guy DIDN'T have the heart-attack platter ??
It was a cool show and plenty of cars. I only wish that I actually went to the GoodGuys show. That would ahve been cool dust or no. Can't wait to hang out again.

So.. here is a quick snippet of what I shot the rest is in photobucket. Full Gallery

and last but not least... I give you the "Broom"
Old 3/31/07, 10:17 PM

I thought the StopLight grand prix was fun as !@$#. Zachary kept talking about it all the way home, But he said that the Red (Bill) was first, the Blue (Me) was Second, and the Black (Leo) was third...Who want's to argue with a 10 year old?
Leo got 3rd?

We all know about the 3rd gear lockout at WOT.......That's my story and I'm sticking to it!!
First I heard of it. I missed 4th once during one of my high speed runs, but always hit 3rd 100% of the time.

We'll have to have a rematch the next time we get together. I thought I did pretty good. Especially since I'm running completely stock, compaired to the Bamachip boys.
Wait.. were we supposed to give full throttle?

Brian and Bill, you guys missed out on a killer car show. there must have been about 1000 cars there. The only thing that sucked was having to park out in a dirt parking lot. Both Leo's and My car's looked like we went through a dust storm.
I heard from Leo about this dirt parking lot.
I'm sorry, but nice cars or not, I would've ate the $ whatever parking and beelined outta there! Seriously, my car's allergic to dust.

Hope to get together again soon. It was a pleasure hanging out with all of you!!!
Same here, Steve.
Going to the Knotts show with Leo? I'll be there (as an observer).

Originally Posted by habu
What Bill isn't mentioning is that there were only three lanes from which to race. I ain't afraid of showing Bill how to race.
I even learned something.
2) My car needs a front spoiler front fascia whatever... CDC Classic again leading the way.
3) I really like the looks of the DG Louvers. I wish they were more like the CDC ones but hey what can you do ?
Do I hear a challenge? I know you come from a long heritage of racers, but to go up against the Pineapple Express is not recommended.
(I know, you guys can't wait have me eat my words, huh? )

I was successful in hypnotizing Brian with my sequentials! Had him staring at them for hours!

+1 on the CDC Classic.

Yeah, you need some kind of louvers on the quarters. Your car looked nekked next to our 3.
Old 3/31/07, 10:36 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by TacoBill

I heard from Leo about this dirt parking lot.
I'm sorry, but nice cars or not, I would've ate the $ whatever parking and beelined outta there! Seriously, my car's allergic to dust.

Come on, it'll live. Then again it was probably in shock for how far it was driven today

Same here, Steve.
Going to the Knotts show with Leo? I'll be there (as an observer).

I'll be at Knott's as an observer only. Not enough money and time to get done what I want to get done.

Do I hear a challenge? I know you come from a long heritage of racers, but to go up against the Pineapple Express is not recommended.
(I know, you guys can't wait have me eat my words, huh? )

I was successful in hypnotizing Brian with my sequentials! Had him staring at them for hours!

Yours, then Leo and Steve's... I've sequential envy

+1 on the CDC Classic.

Yeah, you need some kind of louvers on the quarters. Your car looked nekked next to our 3.
Like I said I'm digging the DG louvers
I gotta post some more pics in the gallery still. Flock is giving me some problems
Old 3/31/07, 10:37 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Brian-

Yes you do.

Yes get the CDC classic in matte black. Worst case scenario you can take it to a paint shop and have it painted in VB.

Ah yes that's my dream louver maybe somebody will make it.

Why do the waitresses assume the little skinny guy DIDN'T have the heart-attack platter ??
I thought it was funny though. They automatically assumed it was you and Steve. I'm still not hungry.

Bill/Steve
Leo got 3rd?

I was 2nd for sure. I didn't see Steve untill I'd already let off the gas.
Old 3/31/07, 10:38 PM
Legacy TMS Member

I gotta post some more pics in the gallery still. Flock is giving me some problems
It is telling you to go FLOCK yourself??
Old 3/31/07, 10:40 PM
Team Mustang Source

It is telling you to go FLOCK yourself??
in not so kind words.

All the talk today about games got me firing up my PS2 and GranTurismo4 for the first time in about a year....
Old 3/31/07, 10:55 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Check this out

This dude made the leather boot himself. I think it looks way better than the redline one. Thoughts??
http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showpo...99&postcount=1
Old 3/31/07, 11:02 PM

I gotta post some more pics in the gallery still.
Man, your pics are so much more clear compared to our 'point and shoot'.
I gotta get me a digital SLR. Which model do you have? Does it have an internal flash? Movie capture capabilities?

Bill/Steve
Leo got 3rd?

I was 2nd for sure. I didn't see Steve untill I'd already let off the gas.
Touchy.. touchy.

Leo, set aside all your track experience.. manual transmissions are not to be underestimated.
Old 3/31/07, 11:05 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Man, your pics are so much more clear compared to our 'point and shoot'.
I gotta get me a digital SLR. Which model do you have? Does it have an internal flash? Movie capture capabilities?

Check these pics I found on SocalStangs. They look amazing.

Touchy.. touchy.

Leo, set aside all your track experience.. manual transmissions are not to be underestimated.

Manual Tranny.
Attached Thumbnails Ponies on The Run (Again)-067.jpg   Ponies on The Run (Again)-045.jpg   Ponies on The Run (Again)-026.jpg  

Quick Reply: Ponies on The Run (Again)