General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Ponies on The Run (Again)

Search this Thread

Old 3/26/07, 11:27 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I wonder if that 3M stuff that acts like a clear bra would work on the chin spoilers ?? It wouldn't stop a big enough rock, but might stop the small chips ?? Of course no one makes it pre-cut so it'd be difficult to apply and get right.
Old 3/26/07, 05:40 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by OKCMustangGT
You trying to say something Tom

LEO-Grats on the 1st Place Trophy
Thanks.

Took the car down to West End alignment today. I'll be uploading the pics shortly.

Got my rocker stripes today. I'll probably install the louvers at the same time if that dam 3M tape ever gets here.
Old 3/26/07, 06:01 PM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by habu
I wonder if that 3M stuff that acts like a clear bra would work on the chin spoilers ?? It wouldn't stop a big enough rock, but might stop the small chips ?? Of course no one makes it pre-cut so it'd be difficult to apply and get right.
The clearbra is a good idea, but I know it'll be visible. Kinda like the clear plastic furniture coverings of the 70's.

btw- Where's the H-Pipe video?

Originally Posted by LEO_06GT
Took the car down to West End alignment today. I'll be uploading the pics shortly.

Got my rocker stripes today. I'll probably install the louvers at the same time if that dam 3M tape ever gets here.
Looking forward to the pics.

Hope CDC doesn't read this thread..
Old 3/26/07, 06:06 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by TacoBill

Well look forward no more here's a link to the pics. Didn't take that many since there wasn't really a whole lot going on.
http://s36.photobucket.com/albums/e1...d%20Alignment/

Ignore my race number on my windows I just haven't gotten around to taking them off.
Old 3/26/07, 09:31 PM
Cobra R Member

Calling All Shaker Members

Calling all shaker members: you opinion is wanted on the following thread:

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showthread.php?t=62615
Old 3/26/07, 09:32 PM
Cobra R Member

BTW, still no response from Admin
Old 3/26/07, 09:37 PM
Team Mustang Source

The clearbra is a good idea, but I know it'll be visible. Kinda like the clear plastic furniture coverings of the 70's.

btw- Where's the H-Pipe video?

Pics to come !!!

Old 3/26/07, 09:45 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by mikes rx
BTW, still no response from Admin
Sorry to hear that. I know that I hadn't had a problem contacting them so I assumed it would be the same for you. Hope it gets resolved.
Old 3/26/07, 09:55 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Pics to come !!!

Cool vid. Any death threats from your neighbors yet??
Old 3/26/07, 09:59 PM

Ignore my race number on my windows I just haven't gotten around to taking them off.
Show off!

Nice pics btw.. My favorite is the close-up front shot, little blurred, but adds to the effect.

Pics to come !!!

Whoa! Way cool video, Brian!

Looks like it was created using Sony Vegas 7!
Old 3/26/07, 10:43 PM
Team Mustang Source

Cool vid. Any death threats from your neighbors yet??
No

Whoa! Way cool video, Brian!

Looks like it was created using Sony Vegas 7!
Yeah, Sony Vegas 7, that's exactly what I used. ..... Great Job Bill ! I am, however, using the three originals to see if the apple stuff I have on my mac can equal the fine work you do.

So far, not so good, but I am learning....
Old 3/26/07, 11:05 PM

Great Job Bill ! I am, however, using the three originals to see if the apple stuff I have on my mac can equal the fine work you do.

So far, not so good, but I am learning....
Thanks! That took me around 15 mins or so to create and another 10 mins to render as a QT movie. This video, on the other hand, took me a couple hours!

Vegas 7's counterpart in the Mac world is Final Cut Pro. From what I see, it's a pretty powerful program.
Old 3/26/07, 11:25 PM
Team Mustang Source

I'm trying to get something working with iMovie and I feel like
I'm giving up for now the flat spot on my forhead hurts. I'll pick this up tomorrow I'm not gonna let it beat me.

Oh... I definitely need the Ford or whoever exhaust clamps, I think I have a leak and the pipes drag over the driveway into my parking area... I know we pulled the mid pipes to get the tips in further but I don't believe we pushed them up towards the undercarriage before we tightened them down. It's something to do on Friday after work....

So this now has me thinking... with the C&L I could go back to stock fairly easy to take it into the dealer for whatever reason. Am I now screwed unless I but everything back to stock (I think I know the answer).
Old 3/27/07, 07:49 AM
Cobra R Member

Hey Tom, did you know your car is on the main page of CDC's website.
Old 3/27/07, 08:12 AM

I'm trying to get something working with iMovie and I feel like
I'm giving up for now the flat spot on my forhead hurts. I'll pick this up tomorrow I'm not gonna let it beat me.
I messed around with iMovie a little, really plain, no frills program. Do yourself a favor and pick up Final Cut Pro if you're going to be racking your brains.. why go through the torture twice?

Oh... I definitely need the Ford or whoever exhaust clamps, I think I have a leak and the pipes drag over the driveway into my parking area... I know we pulled the mid pipes to get the tips in further but I don't believe we pushed them up towards the undercarriage before we tightened them down. It's something to do on Friday after work....
Funny (well, maybe not to you), but remember when Leo and I mentioned that at Ruby's? When we were following you, we could see the rear section of the H hanging down pretty low and wondered if our cars did the same. We also thought that since you have the FRPP srpings (versus our Ultralites) that maybe that too was a contributing factor.
Another thing Leo and I talked about is that the hanger rods (on the H) are fixed. Meaning the low point of the pipes must be aft of that section. Here's some pics of your car compared to a couple stock file photos. Take note of the highlighted areas. I'm betting that you have a rotational issue on the rear pipes and that the over-axle clamps are also out of adjustment (possible cause of not being able to move the tips further back into the bumper cutouts).

Attachment 22587 Attachment 22588 Attachment 22589 Attachment 22590

To correct this problem, I would get the Ford clamps and break down everything from the midpipe clamps BACK. Don't loosen the manifold connections. With the Ford clamps in place, adjust pipe rotation and tip placement.

So this now has me thinking... with the C&L I could go back to stock fairly easy to take it into the dealer for whatever reason. Am I now screwed unless I but everything back to stock (I think I know the answer)?
The reason you take your car into the Dealer (for warranty repair) cannot be associated with the mod (however, I have read that there are some 'mod' friendly dealers around). For example, if your Shaker radio takes a dump, it has nothing to do with the O/R Pipe, so they must honor the warranty.
If the issue is related, it's best to return everything to stock and re-flash the stock tune.
For your exhaust situation, I would save those 2.5" connector clamps you just got and use them on the H section you cut out (assuming you get replacement Ford clamps for the midpipe).
Bottom line, avoid the Dealer if at all possible by fixing the little things yourself.
Attached Thumbnails Ponies on The Run (Again)-drivers-side-pipe-angle.jpg   Ponies on The Run (Again)-passenger-side-pipe-angle.jpg   Ponies on The Run (Again)-rear-pipe-rotational-orientation1.jpg   Ponies on The Run (Again)-rear-pipe-rotational-orientation2.jpg  
Old 3/27/07, 08:27 AM
GTR Member

Hey Tom, did you know your car is on the main page of CDC's website.
Why, yes I did!
Old 3/27/07, 08:29 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by 89Trooper
Why, yes I did!
Cool deal. BTW, I like your sky blue racing stripes pic in the other thread. In fact, your masking skills for cutting look better than some real stripes that I've seen.
Old 3/27/07, 10:08 AM

My new toy... Attachment 22600

A Craftsmen 26 Gal Air Compressor with some free included accessories! All for $251 on sale!!

Yes Tom, I finally took the plunge.
Attached Images  
Old 3/27/07, 10:16 AM
GTR Member

My new toy... Attachment 22600

A Craftsmen 26 Gal Air Compressor with some free included accessories! All for $251 on sale!!

Yes Tom, I finally took the plunge.
That's almost the same one I have. Some extra Hurricane Charley insurance money paid for mine!

Cool deal. BTW, I like your sky blue racing stripes pic in the other thread. In fact, your masking skills for cutting look better than some real stripes that I've seen.
Thanks! And all the regular masking tape was being put on after I cut a few inches to stop any vibrating of the "hole" piece.

Old 3/27/07, 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by 89Trooper
That's almost the same one I have. Some extra Hurricane Charley insurance money paid for mine!

I only effectively paid $150 for it. My wife returned $100 worth of merchandise for credit minutes before buying it.

Quick Reply: Ponies on The Run (Again)