General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Ponies on The Run (Again)

Search this Thread

Old 3/21/07, 11:43 AM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by OKCMustangGT
You SoCal Weather Wussies, crack me up. DRIVE THE **** CAR it's only water.
It's the first rain. That means not only is it 'water', but mixed with dirt, oil, and whatever else junk is on the road. Mix all that up and have it flung onto my undercarriage? I don't think so!

Originally Posted by LEO_06GT
What's that supposed to mean.
I'm not sure, but maybe you might change your mind about the gloss black?

Originally Posted by habu
HEY... it's Storm Watch 2007 right now, are you kidding ? The roads are wet and some poor reporter has to stand outside in a slicker... it's dangerous !!!!
It is dangerous out there! Just yesterday, my little nephew, wearing his flip-flops, was walking through the parking lot when, 'Wham!', slipped and landed on his a$$ in a puddle of water!
I felt sorry for him, but it was funnier than poop.
Old 3/21/07, 11:49 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It's the first rain. That means not only is it 'water', but mixed with dirt, oil, and whatever else junk is on the road. Mix all that up and have it flung onto my undercarriage? I don't think so!

And worse the idiots who don't know how to drive 'cause it's wet outside or some little ol lady driving a pristine 70 Caddy at about 20 down the blvd

It is dangerous out there! Just yesterday, my little nephew, wearing his flip-flops, was walking through the parking lot when, 'Wham!', slipped and landed on his a$$ in a puddle of water!
I felt sorry for him, but it was funnier than poop.

Ouch ! That sucks, Where was the sticky pod for that... we demand to see the vids....
Old 3/21/07, 11:53 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Considering getting this what do you guys think?? It's a little more $$ than getting the vinyl from BSM but atleast I can return this if I don't like it.
http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/...0%201&comp=LRS

It's not raining in SD.
Old 3/21/07, 11:59 AM
GTR Member

Considering getting this what do you guys think?? It's a little more $$ than getting the vinyl from BSM but atleast I can return this if I don't like it.

It's not raining in SD.
I really don't like that - too plain (the same as vinyl or paint).

Why don't you like the SHR panel again? If you are planning on keeping the front grille stock, then the SHR panel matches that pattern perfectly. The honeycombs are smaller, but it's the same look. And, just like the flat grille contrasts the gloss hood, the flat rear panel would contrast the decklid and wing.

I think you should order one of those and tack it up with some putty and take some pictures. You can return it to SHR, too, can't you?

Not raining in Central FL, either! Think I'll put my top down on the way home - 77 degrees right now...
Old 3/21/07, 12:09 PM

It's not raining in SD.
I think the storm's heading your way.

Originally Posted by 89Trooper

Why don't you like the SHR panel again? If you are planning on keeping the front grille stock, then the SHR panel matches that pattern perfectly. The honeycombs are smaller, but it's the same look. And, just like the flat grille contrasts the gloss hood, the flat rear panel would contrast the decklid and wing.

I think you should order one of those and tack it up with some putty and take some pictures. You can return it to SHR, too, can't you?

Not raining in Central FL, either! Think I'll put my top down on the way home - 77 degrees right now...
I agree, magnetic panel just reminds me too much like those magnetic car door signs, it cheapens the look.

After the rain hits SD, it's heading towards FL.
Old 3/21/07, 12:37 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's not raining in SD. j/k
+1 I like it. Like you said if you don't like it return it. If I am not going to paint mine I'd get this after I get the ducktail.
Old 3/21/07, 12:42 PM
Legacy TMS Member

I'm just not a fan of the SHR panel on a black car. Here's a few pics I've been looking at. (There's also one of the CDC panel) I also included one one non black car to show how much better it looks when it's not on a black car.
Attached Thumbnails Ponies on The Run (Again)-picture-20039.jpg   Ponies on The Run (Again)-dsc00058.jpg   Ponies on The Run (Again)-104.jpg   Ponies on The Run (Again)-qmx-show-037.jpg  
Attached Images  
Old 3/21/07, 12:45 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Let's see if you guys can be swayed.

Here's some pics of the flat black magnetic piece.
Attached Thumbnails Ponies on The Run (Again)-pict2460.jpg   Ponies on The Run (Again)-102206.jpg  
Attached Images  
Old 3/21/07, 12:46 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by habu
+1 I like it. Like you said if you don't like it return it. If I am not going to paint mine I'd get this after I get the ducktail.
Yay I got one person on board.
Old 3/21/07, 12:47 PM
GTR Member

I still think it looks fine on a black car. The CDC panel = Looks like siding on a house.

The magnetic piece looks ok, I guess, but just looks too plain Jane to me.

The SHR panel breaks up the big area of gloss black (or any color) with a nice texture that matches the front grille (which he did on purpose, ya know).
Old 3/21/07, 01:35 PM

Well after seeing them on different cars, the magnetic ones don't look so bad. At the same token, nor do the SHR ones. Like the louvers, I think this will come down to personal preference.
Old 3/21/07, 02:47 PM
Legacy TMS Member

I still think it looks fine on a black car. The CDC panel = Looks like siding on a house.

The magnetic piece looks ok, I guess, but just looks too plain Jane to me.

The SHR panel breaks up the big area of gloss black (or any color) with a nice texture that matches the front grille (which he did on purpose, ya know).
Originally Posted by TacoBill
Well after seeing them on different cars, the magnetic ones don't look so bad. At the same token, nor do the SHR ones. Like the louvers, I think this will come down to personal preference.
Tom-I agree with you on the CDC panel. Yes the SHR panel does break up the rear of the car but so does the Magnetic panel. Like Bill said this is going to come down to personal preference.

With that said I just got back from lunch and while looking at the car as I walked towards and away from it I'm wondering if I should even do anymore exterior mods. I might just wait untill I have the louvers,rocker stripes and magnetic panel on before deciding which if any I should keep. Ahhh me and my indecisivness I'm surprised I've been able to decide on the mods I have so far.
Old 3/21/07, 02:59 PM

Good news! My Bucket has been restored (in 1 piece)!
Old 3/21/07, 03:12 PM

... I walked towards and away from it I'm wondering if I should even do anymore exterior mods..
I think the same thing. Besides the fader rocker stripes, I think I'm pretty much done on the outside.

There's a few interior mods I'd like to get done, specifically a few more MGW pieces, DVD head unit (here we go again!), and maybe a real shifter. I'm actually starting to like the Hurst ball. At first (like last year), I really didn't care for it. But, after seeing Brian's in person, I'm starting to think it's pretty cool. Heck, even the Shelby GT will come with it. I've also seen the ball **** in black. Guess the ultimate is to get the MGW shifter with a Hurst ball!

As far as the engine compartment, guess just the MWAG radiator covers are on my list along with more chrome caps to go around the perimeter (Leo know's what I'm talking about).
Old 3/21/07, 03:14 PM
Cobra R Member

IMO, you should do NOTHING with the rear panel.

You already have a rear blackout panel...it's called your paint. Now, if my car was anything but black, I probably would have purchased one by now. They look good, but to me, it seems pointless to have black on black.

I've been thinking about how a charcoal color would look back there (a la Foose style), but decided to stay with the car being all black. It's more stealthy that way
Old 3/21/07, 03:31 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Good news! My Bucket has been restored (in 1 piece)!
Congrats.

I think the same thing. Besides the fader rocker stripes, I think I'm pretty much done on the outside.

There's a few interior mods I'd like to get done, specifically a few more MGW pieces, DVD head unit (here we go again!), and maybe a real shifter. I'm actually starting to like the Hurst ball. At first (like last year), I really didn't care for it. But, after seeing Brian's in person, I'm starting to think it's pretty cool. Heck, even the Shelby GT will come with it. I've also seen the ball **** in black. Guess the ultimate is to get the MGW shifter with a Hurst ball!

As far as the engine compartment, guess just the MWAG radiator covers are on my list along with more chrome caps to go around the perimeter (Leo know's what I'm talking about).
Yup I think that's all you really need. Although I'm sure as time goes on the aftermarket will create a few more things you can't live without. I like the hurst shifter look but I think I'd wait for the MGW shifter If I had a stick shift.

My future mod list as it stands now.
Exterior-Done unless you count upgrading my tires to 255's once I use up my current ones.

Interior- CDC/GDM trunk matt/detail corral, SHR cupholder (Maybe) and the MGW hangers. If I could get a good deal I'd like to get the two tone leather seats the 07's have.

Engine bay- MWAG battery cover and maybe some new valve covers.

Performance-Gears,maybe some longtubes once the prices come down. The "FAST" intake if and when it ever comes out.

Originally Posted by mikes rx
IMO, you should do NOTHING with the rear panel.

You already have a rear blackout panel...it's called your paint. Now, if my car was anything but black, I probably would have purchased one by now. They look good, but to me, it seems pointless to have black on black.

I've been thinking about how a charcoal color would look back there (a la Foose style), but decided to stay with the car being all black. It's more stealthy that way
Yes I agree it's kind of pointless but It's just one of those weird things were I won't be happy untill I actually see on my car.
Old 3/21/07, 03:32 PM
GTR Member

We forgot to tell you, Mike, that you need a picture to be a regular here. We all know what the rest of us look like!
Old 3/21/07, 03:35 PM
Legacy TMS Member

We forgot to tell you, Mike, that you need a picture to be a regular here. We all know what the rest of us look like!
Maybe he looks like Qausimodo and doesn't want us to know.
Old 3/21/07, 03:35 PM
Cobra R Member

Of myself or of the car. I'm assuming myself, due to the fact that I've posted many pics of the car.

The problem is that I don't have a pic with any hot car-show girls like Tom
Old 3/21/07, 03:36 PM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by mikes rx
Of myself or of the car. I'm assuming myself, due to the fact that I've posted many pics of the car.
Self.

We even saw a pic of Mike (KdF). And karman.

Then we can picture you when you are talking, or debating...

Quick Reply: Ponies on The Run (Again)