You both are getting pathetic.
Old 3/20/07, 08:22 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by TacoBill
BTW-
Brian, where's the pics?
You both are getting pathetic.

I'd have more of the finished product, but I'm not happy the way the "heat shield" is sitting and more honestly I was too concerned with getting in the car and testing it out... after my initial freak out and a quick call to Bill, 'cause no one answered the bamachips line, all was OK.
Old 3/20/07, 08:26 AM
Team Mustang Source

Leo, what about a matte black hood blackout like a mach 1. I've seen these on black cars and they do look nice.
I think you and I feel the same about the CDC/SHR rear panels. So maybe a matte vinyl trunk lid black out would look good.

Having not seen the stripes I can say I never thought, hmmm... his matte balance is off if only he'd do something else......, When looking at your car.
Old 3/20/07, 08:36 AM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by habu

I'd have more of the finished product, but I'm not happy the way the "heat shield" is sitting and more honestly I was too concerned with getting in the car and testing it out... after my initial freak out and a quick call to Bill, 'cause no one answered the bamachips line, all was OK.
Wow! That was fast! Tom is the only pathetic one now.

A Visegrip was needed for the install? Please don't tell me that this was causing the hood bulge..

Oh yeah, let's see.. my tech support phone rate is $1 per minute. How long was our phone call?
Old 3/20/07, 08:44 AM
Team Mustang Source

A Visegrip was needed for the install? Please don't tell me that this was causing the hood bulge..

Oh yeah, let's see.. my tech support phone rate is $1 per minute. How long was our phone call?
yep, now that I got a tune I'm quick.
Visegrip, nope. Brought it out just in case. The hood bulge... see in the pic where I left the 8mm end wrench on the strut tower...

thank god it's only $1/minute.....

Whoo-hoo.. I get to drive to work !!! talk at ya later.
Old 3/20/07, 08:44 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I once wanted a diffuser (from SS), but now I'm glad I didn't get it.

The GT/CS diffuser looks good, but then you'll want to get the front one to match. Then, if you get both, people will start accusing you of being a CS poser!

I know Brian's looking into getting the CS front facia and I've seen a couple swap-in's here in TMS and it looks pretty good. Just don't get carried away in cloning a CS, unless it's what you're shooting for.

As far as the rear deck, this one doesn't look bad at all. I don't know who makes it. Attachment 21992
Yeah I'm not to serious about getting the CS bumper. As much as I like it I can't see myself spending $400+ to replace a peferfectly good bumper.

The decklid panel in your pic is the CDC decklid-GT emblem. I was looking at the one last night but I want to keep my fake gas cap. I'd like the CDC one more if it didn't have the keyhole.

Originally Posted by FLAstangx3
Maybe the Matte Magnetic one would be better for ya. For the difference in cost, at least you could remove it for alternative looks. And oh yeah, the GT/CS rear facia is a big plus for all the rear mods.
Matte magnetic-$100+
Matte Vinyl-$30 Fits better and just as easily removed.

Leo, what about a matte black hood blackout like a mach 1. I've seen these on black cars and they do look nice.
I think you and I feel the same about the CDC/SHR rear panels. So maybe a matte vinyl trunk lid black out would look good.

I included some pics of the car in question. I like it but don't think it looks as good as it does on non-black cars. If and when I do go with a stripe for the hood it will probably be one like Tom's.

Having not seen the stripes I can say I never thought, hmmm... his matte balance is off if only he'd do something else......, When looking at your car.

Why not remove the heat shield if you don't like the way it looks???
Attached Images   
Old 3/20/07, 08:45 AM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by LEO_06GT
Not a big fan of how these look on black cars.
2)SHR honeycomb decklid panel
I think they look fine on black cars.

I'm waiting for the burn-out pic to be emailed to me.
Old 3/20/07, 10:28 AM
Legacy TMS Member

What's up with everyone lately??? I think these past 5-6 days have been the slowest I've ever seen for this thread.
Old 3/20/07, 11:12 AM
Team Mustang Source

well for me it's work... I can only check once in awhile.
Old 3/20/07, 11:38 AM
GTR Member

I'm actually busy at work, too.

I already have 2 side-by-side monitors... I need a 3rd just for the internet!
Old 3/20/07, 12:03 PM

For me, I have no excuse other than I'm busy with making slideshows and videos.

Leo, your sig looks different. Are you conforming now?
Old 3/20/07, 02:10 PM

Like my new siggy?
Old 3/20/07, 03:06 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by LEO_06GT
Well since I've decided to with the rockers stripes I think the back of the car needs something in matte black to continue the theme of black/matte black. With that said there's a couple of ways I've considered doing this.

Probably the most cost effective way.
1) Getting a vinyl decal in matte black. Like this one here.
http://www.baltimorestreetmods.com/05classic.htm

Not a big fan of how these look on black cars.
2)SHR honeycomb decklid panel

Least likely to choose only because I think the diffuser gives it a more modern/sporty look as opposed to the classic/retro look I'm shooting for.
3)CS rear bumper

4)Leave it as is.

With that said what do you guys think?
This is what I think about ALL of those, and it's just my opinion:

MATTE BLACK in general: I don't like the way the matte black looks on BLACK cars. Too me, you hardly see it, and it just doesn't look good because it seems like they stuck on the same decal as they do on all the others. For example: the GT/CS and the 03/04 Mach 1's---their side stripes only come in matte black, and it looks as if they just didn't feel like making a gray or silver decal to put on dark color cars. To me, it just doesn't look right.

SHR Honeycomb: I agree with you that the honeycomb doesn't look good on black, for the same reasons I said above about how it is "matte", and thus just takes away from the car

GT/CS REAR BUMPER: I honestly don't like these either. I think that the GT bumper, with their lower outer "lip" looks better than the diffusers in the middle. In fact, I like the way my wheels look with the the painted side skirts and rear bumper valences, vs. the real GT500's side skirts and bumper. [I'm not trying to be conceited...just giving my opinion comparing my car to real black GT500 verts]

Once again, this is all just my opinion. But for the BULK of the black cars (meaning...the bulk of the body), I think you should just stick with all black, and not add anything matte finished, except for small or lower pieces such as front chin spoiler, factory license plate, or maybe even the diffusers).

But, my answer to you would be: leave as is. Or, if you want a nice color for a decal, perhaps charcoal gray or silver (depending on how much you want the car to stand out)
Old 3/20/07, 03:55 PM
Legacy TMS Member

For me, I have no excuse other than I'm busy with making slideshows and videos.

Leo, your sig looks different. Are you conforming now?
Comprimise yes, conform never.

Like my new siggy?
Boo! Looks lit you post still takes up the same amount of space.

Originally Posted by mikes rx
This is what I think about ALL of those, and it's just my opinion:

MATTE BLACK in general: I don't like the way the matte black looks on BLACK cars. Too me, you hardly see it, and it just doesn't look good because it seems like they stuck on the same decal as they do on all the others. For example: the GT/CS and the 03/04 Mach 1's---their side stripes only come in matte black, and it looks as if they just didn't feel like making a gray or silver decal to put on dark color cars. To me, it just doesn't look right.

SHR Honeycomb: I agree with you that the honeycomb doesn't look good on black, for the same reasons I said above about how it is "matte", and thus just takes away from the car

GT/CS REAR BUMPER: I honestly don't like these either. I think that the GT bumper, with their lower outer "lip" looks better than the diffusers in the middle. In fact, I like the way my wheels look with the the painted side skirts and rear bumper valences, vs. the real GT500's side skirts and bumper. [I'm not trying to be conceited...just giving my opinion comparing my car to real black GT500 verts]

Once again, this is all just my opinion. But for the BULK of the black cars (meaning...the bulk of the body), I think you should just stick with all black, and not add anything matte finished, except for small or lower pieces such as front chin spoiler, factory license plate, or maybe even the diffusers).

But, my answer to you would be: leave as is. Or, if you want a nice color for a decal, perhaps charcoal gray or silver (depending on how much you want the car to stand out)
All good points. I considered getting a charcoal metallic for the side stripe but everyone here including myself voted for matte black after seeing the PS pics Daryl did. Additionally if and when I get the Mach1 hood stripe (like Toms) I want it matte black. It would look awkard to have different colored vinyl on the car. I'll probably leave the decklid as is untill I see a black car with the matte black vinyl.
Old 3/20/07, 04:05 PM
GTR Member

Even though i like Mach 1's ,I'm not a big fan of matte /flat black on any new car part .I also cannot stand the black plastic honeycomb or any other type of extra black plastic paneling.This is one of the reasons the Saleen turns me off . One thing i hate about my vert is the black plastic trim mold around almost the entire circumference of it. it just gets abused from sun and heaven forbid getting wax on it
Old 3/20/07, 04:14 PM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by Boltzman
Even though i like Mach 1's ,I'm not a big fan of matte /flat black on any new car part .I also cannot stand the black plastic honeycomb or any other type of extra black plastic paneling.This is one of the reasons the Saleen turns me off . One thing i hate about my vert is the black plastic trim mold around almost the entire circumference of it. it just gets abused from sun and heaven forbid getting wax on it
The Zaino Z-2 doesn't hurt the trim or turn it white. And the Z-CS can be used on anything - even the porous materials.

And I think the SHR matte/gloss panel looks great on the rear. Is it the white/black thing, again? It is matte and gloss... the inner honeycomb parts are matte, and the outer parts are gloss.
Old 3/20/07, 04:24 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by 89Trooper
The Zaino Z-2 doesn't hurt the trim or turn it white. And the Z-CS can be used on anything - even the porous materials.

And I think the SHR matte/gloss panel looks great on the rear. Is it the white/black thing, again? It is matte and gloss... the inner honeycomb parts are matte, and the outer parts are gloss.
No doubt the SHR panel looks great just not on black IMO. If I had any other color car I'd have one on already.

There's alot of things I'd do differently I had a non-black stang. If I had the dough I'd have VistaBlue replica of Bill's car with the only addition being a ducktail and heck since I'm daydreaming why not a S/C too.
Old 3/20/07, 04:29 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by Boltzman
+1. I agree with you on the body line trim.

But, I do like plastic paneling in moderation (ie-chin spoiler, license plate frame)
Old 3/20/07, 04:32 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Well Tom looks like somebody heard your prayers. Ninosports now offering OEM spoiler painted in matte black. Only problem is they want $299 for it.
http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showthread.php?t=62328
Old 3/20/07, 04:34 PM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by 89Trooper

I just don't like panels. They look like an afterthought to me. Cheapen the look. I'm getting my rear painted high gloss black but thats just me. I would like it if the trim was painted...Hmmm painted

Quick Reply: Ponies on The Run (Again)