General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Ponies on The Run (Again)

Search this Thread

Old 3/18/07, 10:41 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by fxdwg2002
I almost bought a Z when I came home from Iraq. Was looking at the G35 coupe's also. Pretty much the same car really, just different tags. But eventually saw the error of my ways (plus the wife couldn't see me driving something like that).
Yeah, those are both nice cars. I drove a buddy's 350z around my block (not going more than 25mph), but was still able to tell that it had power and good handling.

Personally, I prefer the G35 over the Z, because it has a back seat. Now, if only they made that in a vert.

But don't get me wrong...there's no replacement for displacement.
Old 3/18/07, 11:05 AM
Bullitt Member

I really liked both cars, both were priced about the same and set up about the same, but the Mustang is definately more my style. I've gone from Camaro's to Firebirds and a few other hot rods over the year's I just could see myself driving one of those when it came down to it. Great looking cars though.
Old 3/18/07, 02:54 PM
GTR Member

Sitting in the garage all ready for the photo shoot tomorrow:

Attachment 21904

Two coats of Z-2, and one coat of Z-CS. I can't put the emblems on until we get to the location, but I can drive with the lightbar covered like that.

My neighbor (the Osceola County Sheriff) is going to set up the shoot at the Sheriff's office tomorrow with some Ford cop cars in the background. I wasn't able to set anything up with the Highway Patrol, but any cop cars is better than no cop cars.

The second location is the burn-out scene. I found a place in the back of a development with no houses and a nice wooded background. If the photographer doesn't like the County cop idea, we can do the entire shoot there.

The line-lock is hooked up and ready to go (I tested it in the garage and it worked perfectly)... I only peeled out for a second to make sure both rear tires were spinning freely. I figure I'll break the tires loose in 1st, then quickly shift to 2nd to really get the tires moving. After 10 seconds of that, I should have the entire car filled with smoke. Unfortunately, nobody is available to go with me to video tape it, but I'll take pictures of him taking pictures (if he lets me).

EDIT: The photographer just called and he loves the Sheriff idea, so that's good... It's set for 9am, so by the time you PST people are up it'll be under way.
Attached Thumbnails Ponies on The Run (Again)-dscn5275.jpg  
Old 3/18/07, 04:07 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by 89Trooper
What photo shoot...is with a magazine or just a personal shoot?

BTW, the car looks good (I guess the state requires you to put "Out of Service" on it)
Old 3/18/07, 04:30 PM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by mikes rx
What photo shoot...is with a magazine or just a personal shoot?
It's for Mustang Enthusiast magazine.

BTW, the car looks good (I guess the state requires you to put "Out of Service" on it)
Thanks... been working on it for 2 days. I normally take the lightbar off, but if I drive with it on I have to cover it with the "Out of Service" cover. I figured I'd leave the lightbar on and cover it in case the photographer liked it for one of the pics. When he called, I mentioned it and he said he wants a shot of it. I'll just have to slap on the magnetic emblems when I get there.
Old 3/18/07, 04:35 PM
GTR Member

It's hard to tell in that picture, but it covers everything except for the ends of the lightbar - and I actually got pulled over once because some of the blue lens was showing (no ticket, though). How stupid. The freakin' thing says OUT OF SERVICE, for pete's sake.

Attachment 21913

I don't drive with it on much, but I'm not going to worry about it tomorrow.
Attached Thumbnails Ponies on The Run (Again)-dscn5278.jpg  
Old 3/18/07, 04:37 PM
Cobra R Member

It's for Mustang Enthusiast magazine.
SWEET. I sent a few pictures of my 2000 to them a couple of years ago, and they said they liked it, and asked if I was going to FFW (which was coming up in ~ 1 month). Well, FFW near my area occurs in the middle of the Mid-atlantic summer (hazy, hot, and humid = not good for sitting in the sun all day). So, my response was no, and that was the last I heard from them...oh well.

Thanks... been working on it for 2 days. I normally take the lightbar off, but if I drive with it on I have to cover it with the "Out of Service" cover. I figured I'd leave the lightbar on and cover it in case the photographer liked it for one of the pics. When he called, I mentioned it and he said he wants a shot of it. I'll just have to slap on the magnetic emblems when I get there.
I'd say to leave the lightbar on...it gives the car it's "heritage". Taking it off would take away from the fact that the car is an ex-police car. Just take the cover off when the photos are shot. Or, you could even leave the cover on for the shots, as it shows that the car in an ex-police car, not a current police car.

I hope that made sense
Old 3/18/07, 04:38 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Attachment 21904

Two coats of Z-2, and one coat of Z-CS. I can't put the emblems on until we get to the location, but I can drive with the lightbar covered like that.

My neighbor (the Osceola County Sheriff) is going to set up the shoot at the Sheriff's office tomorrow with some Ford cop cars in the background. I wasn't able to set anything up with the Highway Patrol, but any cop cars is better than no cop cars.

The second location is the burn-out scene. I found a place in the back of a development with no houses and a nice wooded background. If the photographer doesn't like the County cop idea, we can do the entire shoot there.

The line-lock is hooked up and ready to go (I tested it in the garage and it worked perfectly)... I only peeled out for a second to make sure both rear tires were spinning freely. I figure I'll break the tires loose in 1st, then quickly shift to 2nd to really get the tires moving. After 10 seconds of that, I should have the entire car filled with smoke. Unfortunately, nobody is available to go with me to video tape it, but I'll take pictures of him taking pictures (if he lets me).

EDIT: The photographer just called and he loves the Sheriff idea, so that's good... It's set for 9am, so by the time you PST people are up it'll be under way.
This is gonna be so cool to see in a mag. Hope the burnout pics are on the cover !!!
Old 3/18/07, 05:30 PM
GTR Member

I'd say to leave the lightbar on...it gives the car it's "heritage". Taking it off would take away from the fact that the car is an ex-police car. Just take the cover off when the photos are shot. Or, you could even leave the cover on for the shots, as it shows that the car in an ex-police car, not a current police car.
Oh, it's staying on for the pics, definitely! I meant that I was just going to cover it for the drive to the photo shoot (instead of putting it on, then taking it off, then putting it on again for the burn out). He may take a picture with the cover on for a different kind of shot. Other than that, I take it on and off for local car shows - it fits perfectly in the rear seat.

Originally Posted by habu
This is gonna be so cool to see in a mag. Hope the burnout pics are on the cover !!!
So do I! He said there's a good chance, but it's all up to the editor.
Old 3/18/07, 06:53 PM
GTR Member

Got my replacement convertible trim pieces yesterday from Kevin (the ones I put holes into for the Aeroform bar). They look great, but the '06 has been covered in the driveway during all the '89 preperation.
Old 3/18/07, 07:08 PM
Cobra R Member

Got my replacement convertible trim pieces yesterday from Kevin (the ones I put holes into for the Aeroform bar). They look great, but the '06 has been covered in the driveway during all the '89 preperation.
Cool. I'm glad to hear that they are cheap, in case I ever want to go back to stock....throw's away the evidence
Old 3/18/07, 07:32 PM
Cobra R Member

Good news about fading side stripe?????

Leo and Bill (and others), remember my post about the Colorado Xtreme side stripes:

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showpo...postcount=6762

Well, I decided to go back to the Chevy dealer tonight (they are right across from the supermarket), and they still had the truck there that I had originally seen these stripes on.

Anyway, I decided to look at the window sticker, because I've only seen a couple with stripes (on ebay and on cars.com/autotrader.com). Well, it turns out that the stripes are an option ON TOP OF the xtreme package.

Long story short, the stripe package is a $250 option (~$208 invoice), and I was able to find the option code. The stripe option gives you the two side stripes, and two hood stripes (which are a similar fade design, but go on the outside of the hood "bulge"--similar to "GT" aftermarket stripes on 99-04 hoods)

So, I am now going to re-call the dealer tomorrow (or another one instead), and ask them about the stripes. There's got to be a way to purchase JUST the stripes and not the whole xtreme badging kit...say, for example, a piece needed repainting.

Hopefully, the parts dept. will give me some good news. Otherwise, it's back to staying all black, unless I go back and get some really good pics and dimensions so that Graphic Express can draw them up for me.

What do y'all think...would that look good on my car, or should I keep it ALL black.
Old 3/18/07, 07:41 PM
Cobra R Member

Another SHAKER MEMBER!!!!

Tom, Bill, and Leo:

There's a new shaker member to the forum:

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showthread.php?t=62227
Old 3/18/07, 09:48 PM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
I don't drive with it on much, but I'm not going to worry about it tomorrow.
That's the attitude, Tom!

Take some pics of the photoshoot and post them up for us.

Leo and Bill (and others), remember my post about the Colorado Xtreme side stripes:

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showpo...postcount=6762

... What do y'all think...would that look good on my car, or should I keep it ALL black.
I'll be on a group buy on the fading rocker stripes that Steve (DarkFireGT) is putting together.
This all started back when I posted pics of my S-Style stripes a couple weeks ago. He photoshopped the fading stripes and the rest is history. He's looking at $55 shipped for TMS Members for the initial run.

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showthread.php?t=61702
Old 3/19/07, 05:44 AM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by TacoBill
I'll be on a group buy on the fading rocker stripes that Steve (DarkFireGT) is putting together.
This all started back when I posted pics of my S-Style stripes a couple weeks ago. He photoshopped the fading stripes and the rest is history. He's looking at $55 shipped for TMS Members for the initial run.

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showthread.php?t=61702
Too late for me to get a black fading stripe? I may not put it on right away, but might change it down the road.
Old 3/19/07, 07:08 AM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Too late for me to get a black fading stripe? I may not put it on right away, but might change it down the road.
I'm sure you can, just join the thread or shoot Steve a PM.

However, there's no Matte Black available at this time. See posts 48 & 63.
Old 3/19/07, 07:33 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Tom, Bill, and Leo:

There's a new shaker member to the forum:

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showthread.php?t=62227
Did I somehow get kicked out of the ShAkEr Club ??

Tom-Looking forward to some pics from the photo shoot. What issue are these supposed to be in?

Bill-I figured your wife got the 350Z, but I knew for sure you didn't let go of the Stang, no way in HELL.
Old 3/19/07, 07:55 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by OKCMustangGT
Did I somehow get kicked out of the ShAkEr Club ??
Sorry, I didn't know that you were a member as well.
Old 3/19/07, 12:38 PM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by TacoBill
I'm sure you can, just join the thread or shoot Steve a PM.

However, there's no Matte Black available at this time. See posts 48 & 63.
I sent him a PM... he said "No problem". I want gloss black like my stripes are right now. I don't want to worry about not being able to wax/polish/Zaino them. I might not even change them, but I wanted a fading stripe from the very beginning if you remember. The stripes on my car now were free, anyway. Wonder if he would do a PhotoShop of my car from the front/side angle like he did to your car.

Originally Posted by OKCMustangGT
Tom-Looking forward to some pics from the photo shoot. What issue are these supposed to be in?
I'll upload them soon. Everything went off without a hitch! Even the burn-outs. I did several and smoked the tires pretty good (wish I had a video). Not sure what issue. From what I understand, they have several issues lined up already. However, really cool things can bump other things that are already lined up. So, we'll see... depends on how much the editor likes my car!
Old 3/19/07, 12:55 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Here's a link to pics from a car meet me and few a few other SDMC members went to yesterday.http://s36.photobucket.com/albums/e19/demios85/Car%20shows%20and%20Events/Mira%20Mesa%20Meet/

As we where getting ready to leave some old guy in a minivan starts to pull up behind my car. At first none of give it a second thought. But he starts getting uncomfortably close to my bumper so I run over screaming at him to stop. Luckily he stopped with maybe an inch to spare. I think I almost had a heart attack. Anyway's here's a couple of pics I took so you can see how close he got to buying me a new bumper.
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e1...g?t=1174327912
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e1...g?t=1174327926

Congrats on the photoshoot Tom.

Quick Reply: Ponies on The Run (Again)