Notices
General Mustang Chat Not Tech or Model Year Specific

Ponies on The Run (Again)

Old 3/15/07, 05:02 PM
  #7101  
Mustang Fanatic
 
LEO_06GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 24, 2006
Location: San Diego
Posts: 7,407
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bill-Awesome vid looks like alot of work.

Susan-Welcome back stranger.
LEO_06GT is offline  
Old 3/15/07, 05:10 PM
  #7102  
 
Join Date: September 23, 2004
Location: SoCal
Posts: 10,036
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Louvers themselves look good. Visibility out also is very good. But, for me, they just appear too large and have that 'tacked-on' appearance.

Of course, things may look different once I see them in person.

Oh yeah, like Tom said, "I would never let a dealership touch my car for an oil change."
For big warranty work, Yes. But, for everything else, no way in hell.

I can't believe Mike exposed one his license plates!
TacoBill is offline  
Old 3/15/07, 05:30 PM
  #7103  
Mustang Fanatic
 
LEO_06GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 24, 2006
Location: San Diego
Posts: 7,407
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GOD Dam it

Looks like they've limited sigs to 10 lines max. Try and edit your sigs and you'll see that you can't save it unless you reduce to 10 lines.
LEO_06GT is offline  
Old 3/15/07, 05:30 PM
  #7104  
Team Mustang Source
 
habu's Avatar
 
Join Date: September 14, 2005
Location: SoCal
Posts: 3,477
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by LEO_06GT View Post
Well I got my Louvers today at around 10. They arrived in great shape. Only one minor problem which is that one of the louvers had a couple of fish eyes. With that said they aren't to obvious especially in direct sunlight. The biggest PITA was removing all the 3M tape. It took me about 3-4 hours to get it all off. Heck I had to go to the local Kragens and get some 3M adhesive remover because finger nails and goo-gone weren't cutting it. (Thanks for the advice Bill. That plastic scraper thingy you gave me was just the right size.) Once I got it all off I sanded the area as per CDC directions. After that I polished and waxed them. Fast foward 5 hours and here's a test fit I did using putty to keep the louvers in place.




Full gallery (Several angles including interior pics from drivers perspective.) FYI-Bill visibilty is just like your louvers.

So what do you guys think??I won't give my opinion till later so I don't sway the vote in anyway.
+1 Those are sharp. They look great on your car Leo.
habu is offline  
Old 3/15/07, 05:37 PM
  #7105  
GTR Member
 
89Trooper's Avatar
 
Join Date: January 26, 2006
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 4,639
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
They do look good. But if I had a coupe, I would want the ones that are no bigger then the size of the window. After seeing the Silverhorse Racing car in person, I would have to get his louvers that replace the window itself.
89Trooper is offline  
Old 3/15/07, 05:43 PM
  #7106  
Mustang Fanatic
 
LEO_06GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 24, 2006
Location: San Diego
Posts: 7,407
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 89Trooper View Post
They do look good. But if I had a coupe, I would want the ones that are no bigger then the size of the window. After seeing the Silverhorse Racing car in person, I would have to get his louvers that replace the window itself.
Hey hey no middle ground it's either yay or nay.

SHR-I thought about it but after looking at them I don't like the angle the louvers are at.
LEO_06GT is offline  
Old 3/15/07, 05:54 PM
  #7107  
GTR Member
 
89Trooper's Avatar
 
Join Date: January 26, 2006
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 4,639
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by LEO_06GT View Post
Hey hey no middle ground it's either yay or nay.

SHR-I thought about it but after looking at them I don't like the angle the louvers are at.
Then, if the fit is good, I like them!
89Trooper is offline  
Old 3/15/07, 05:58 PM
  #7108  
Mustang Fanatic
 
LEO_06GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 24, 2006
Location: San Diego
Posts: 7,407
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 89Trooper View Post
Then, if the fit is good, I like them!
Yup fit is good when putty wasn't in the way.

Sorry guys I started a poll so please vote there.
http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showthread.php?t=62111
LEO_06GT is offline  
Old 3/15/07, 06:03 PM
  #7109  
GTR Member
 
89Trooper's Avatar
 
Join Date: January 26, 2006
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 4,639
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by LEO_06GT View Post
Yup fit is good when putty wasn't in the way.

Sorry guys I started a poll so please vote there.
http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showthread.php?t=62111
They look good on your car, which is what you asked here.

But, if you are going to make me vote, I vote sell'um. Read my post there.
89Trooper is offline  
Old 3/15/07, 06:07 PM
  #7110  
Mustang Fanatic
 
LEO_06GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 24, 2006
Location: San Diego
Posts: 7,407
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 89Trooper View Post
They look good on your car, which is what you asked here.

But, if you are going to make me vote, I vote sell'um. Read my post there.
Thanks Tom but like I told the other dude SHR's are not even a choice in my mind. If anything I'd switch to DG Customs.
LEO_06GT is offline  
Old 3/15/07, 06:10 PM
  #7111  
GTR Member
 
89Trooper's Avatar
 
Join Date: January 26, 2006
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 4,639
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by LEO_06GT View Post
Thanks Tom but like I told the other dude SHR's are not even a choice in my mind. If anything I'd switch to DG Customs.
I guess I like the SHR louvers because, like the shaker, they are more than a "hood scoop"... or in this case, more than "window louvers". Like Bill said, they (like his) don't look tacked on as much. The SHR ones look as factory as our shakers do.

But, these still look good on your car - there's no reason why they shouldn't be there (like if the fit was awful, or if they were pink, etc.).

Kinda glad I don't have to worry about window louvers - too many choices to choose from. Right, Chuck? I see ya lookin' at my 10,000 mile roll-over. Which nobody mentioned, by the way.
89Trooper is offline  
Old 3/15/07, 06:15 PM
  #7112  
GTR Member
 
Boltzman's Avatar
 
Join Date: April 20, 2005
Location: Tampa,FL
Posts: 4,649
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 89Trooper View Post
I guess I like the SHR louvers because, like the shaker, they are more than a "hood scoop"... or in this case, more than "window louvers". Like Bill said, they (like his) don't look tacked on as much. The SHR ones look as factory as our shakers do.

But, these still look good on your car - there's no reason why they shouldn't be there (like if the fit was awful, or if they were pink, etc.).

Kinda glad I don't have to worry about window louvers - too many choices to choose from. Right, Chuck? I see ya lookin' at my 10,000 mile roll-over. Which nobody mentioned, by the way.
Right tom.That would probably take me longer to figure out than Leo did
Boltzman is offline  
Old 3/15/07, 06:20 PM
  #7113  
Mustang Fanatic
 
LEO_06GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 24, 2006
Location: San Diego
Posts: 7,407
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 89Trooper View Post
I guess I like the SHR louvers because, like the shaker, they are more than a "hood scoop"... or in this case, more than "window louvers". Like Bill said, they (like his) don't look tacked on as much. The SHR ones look as factory as our shakers do.

But, these still look good on your car - there's no reason why they shouldn't be there (like if the fit was awful, or if they were pink, etc.).
I totally agree but here's my complaints/slash dislikes on both SHR and DG customs.

SHR-Lack of agressive look. The gap around the louver bugs me. I wish there was less non-louver area. Having to remove factory windows.

DG-Custom-At first I hated them till I saw Bill's in person. I like the way they look it's just I like the look of the CDC ones better. Just personal taste.

CDC-Agree they don't look as factory/oem as SHR's or Bills. It's just something about the shape of the vents that I like. I wish they were a bit smaller but I think since my car is black they tend to blend in more.

Must be nice to not have to worry about the 1/4 window. Congrats on the 10,000 miles. I think I'm about to or just did hit the 14,000 mile mark.
LEO_06GT is offline  
Old 3/15/07, 06:21 PM
  #7114  
GTR Member
 
89Trooper's Avatar
 
Join Date: January 26, 2006
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 4,639
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by LEO_06GT View Post
I like the way they look it's just I like the look of the CDC ones better. Just personal taste.
I like the look of the chrome taillight bezels more than the black ones.
89Trooper is offline  
Old 3/15/07, 06:23 PM
  #7115  
GTR Member
 
Boltzman's Avatar
 
Join Date: April 20, 2005
Location: Tampa,FL
Posts: 4,649
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
****, I think I'm gonna get rid of sig. all together
Boltzman is offline  
Old 3/15/07, 06:24 PM
  #7116  
Mustang Fanatic
 
LEO_06GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 24, 2006
Location: San Diego
Posts: 7,407
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Boltzman View Post
Right tom.That would probably take me longer to figure out than Leo did

HUH??? What are you talking about?? I'm lost.
LEO_06GT is offline  
Old 3/15/07, 06:24 PM
  #7117  
GTR Member
 
89Trooper's Avatar
 
Join Date: January 26, 2006
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 4,639
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The word you should be looking for right about now, Leo, is Touché.
89Trooper is offline  
Old 3/15/07, 06:25 PM
  #7118  
Mustang Fanatic
 
LEO_06GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 24, 2006
Location: San Diego
Posts: 7,407
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 89Trooper View Post
I like the look of the chrome taillight bezels more than the black ones.
I knew your were going to bring that up.
LEO_06GT is offline  
Old 3/15/07, 06:25 PM
  #7119  
GTR Member
 
89Trooper's Avatar
 
Join Date: January 26, 2006
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 4,639
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Boltzman View Post
****, I think I'm gonna get rid of sig. all together
Hell no... I get PMs all the time asking questions about mods that I've done... where I got 'em, how I like 'em, etc. Having them linked to pictures or albums makes all the difference.
89Trooper is offline  
Old 3/15/07, 06:29 PM
  #7120  
Mustang Fanatic
 
LEO_06GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 24, 2006
Location: San Diego
Posts: 7,407
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 89Trooper View Post
The word you should be looking for right about now, Leo, is Touché.


Originally Posted by 89Trooper View Post
Hell no... I get PMs all the time asking questions about mods that I've done... where I got 'em, how I like 'em, etc. Having them linked to pictures or albums makes all the difference.
I started a thread in the TMS section stating that I think it's helpful because people can click on a mod and see pics of it on the car.
LEO_06GT is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Ponies on The Run (Again)


Featured Sponsors

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.