General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Ponies on The Run (Again)

Search this Thread

Old 3/13/07, 01:38 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can't find the right 3m tape for my louvers locally. So I have to wait for CDC to send it out. Looks like I won't be install my louvers till early next week. Good thing is CDC is hooking me up for free.
Old 3/13/07, 01:57 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Well I had to do mine too.
Attachment 21515Attachment 21516Attachment 21517

Leo, it's not real hard, but I only know a small portion of what it is capable of. I am just starting to learn and play with layers.
Attached Thumbnails Ponies on The Run (Again)-zainoagaincoat1005.jpg   Ponies on The Run (Again)-colorback.jpg   Ponies on The Run (Again)-colorcar.jpg  
Old 3/13/07, 02:15 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Cool I'm d/l the free 30 day trial now.
Old 3/13/07, 02:23 PM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by LEO_06GT
Can't find the right 3m tape for my louvers locally. So I have to wait for CDC to send it out. Looks like I won't be install my louvers till early next week. Good thing is CDC is hooking me up for free.
Can't find a Paint & Body shop near you that carries the 3M Foam Tape?

Won't hurt to call a few places to see if they can sell you 3 or 4 feet if you want to install it right away.
Old 3/13/07, 02:27 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by TacoBill
Can't find a Paint & Body shop near you that carries the 3M Foam Tape?

Won't hurt to call a few places to see if they can sell you 3 or 4 feet if you want to install it right away.
I don't know why I didn't think of that. Called 8 different shops all of them said NO they won't sell anything. What bunch of D-bags.
Old 3/13/07, 02:41 PM

I don't know why I didn't think of that. Called 8 different shops all of them said NO they won't sell anything. What bunch of D-bags.
Oh well! At least you gave it a shot.

Too bad the tape I had was too wide..
Old 3/13/07, 05:02 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by TacoBill
Oh well! At least you gave it a shot.

Too bad the tape I had was too wide..
I called CDC again and they said since they sent it out regular mail (in an envelope) so it's possible that it might get here Friday/Saturday. I'll keep my fingers crossed. Well I can always test fit,prep, and take pics till then.
Old 3/13/07, 05:04 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sorry I don't have anything to send you Leo. I used my last roll of 3m double sided tape fixing moulding on my car before I traded it in for the Mustang.

"And Now For Something Completely Different"

Got the delivery confirmation from Bamachips, but it won't be here 'til Monday At least I know I'll get it.
Old 3/13/07, 05:11 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by habu
Sorry I don't have anything to send you Leo. I used my last roll of 3m double sided tape fixing moulding on my car before I traded it in for the Mustang.

"And Now For Something Completely Different"

Got the delivery confirmation from Bamachips, but it won't be here 'til Monday At least I know I'll get it.
Thanks for gesture.
LOL.
I'd recommend installing the O/R H this weekend so your ready to go Monday afternoon when you get back from work.
Old 3/13/07, 05:13 PM

I'd recommend installing the O/R H this weekend so your ready to go Monday afternoon when you get back from work.

I agree with Leo. That way you won't have to mess around with under the car stuff and getting dirty.
Old 3/13/07, 05:42 PM
GTR Member

Leo if you find any pics of black car w/painted cover,please post. Nobody can chop that? Also,whats up w/ your luck w/ MWAG?
Old 3/13/07, 06:39 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by Boltzman
Leo if you find any pics of black car w/painted cover,please post. Nobody can chop that? Also,whats up w/ your luck w/ MWAG?
I'll make sure to post if I find any. I think Daryl missed or ignored my request for that chop. Don't know what's up with MWAG but it's getting annoying. I forgot to call them today. I'm sure they'll be thrilled when they here my voice yet AGAIN.
Old 3/13/07, 08:22 PM
Cobra R Member

So, here's a weird question for all that view this thread. Honestly, I don't want to deal with starting a new thread on the main site, so I figured I'd ask for the opinions of the people on this thread.

I've always had issues with my fuel tank with trying to fill it up (as a lot of others have), and I am aware that there is a TSB out for it. But, instead of dealing with having to go to the dealer and have them drop the tank, I've either gone to gas stations that don't seem to cause this problem, or just deal with the problem and pump it at about half-flow.

But, here's my observations from my 5 latest rounds of fill-up:

Lately [and it doesn't matter if I have a half-tank (which normally caused the never-ending fill up) or am low on fuel], I haven't been having the problem. What I've been doing is starting gas flow very slowly, taking about 5 seconds to reach maximal flow. Then, I keep it at max flow. And, it's been working just fine. I've done this at different gas stations (even one that I had a problem with before), and it's been flawless [knock-wood].

So, I was just wondering if any of y'all had any similar experiences with this in terms of it being a possible fix. It kind of makes sense, as it allows more air to escape and equalize before pumping at max flow.

Once I get aggravated enough at it, I'm going to take it in to get the TSB done on it. But, in my latest rounds of fill-ups, all seems to be good.

Hopefully, it isn't too good to be true
Old 3/13/07, 08:30 PM
Mach 1 Member

Well, I don't know if the TSB that everyone has mentioned applies to the '07 model year or not, but for what it's worth, I am not experiencing these issues.
Old 3/13/07, 08:32 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by mikes rx
So, here's a weird question for all that view this thread. Honestly, I don't want to deal with starting a new thread on the main site, so I figured I'd ask for the opinions of the people on this thread.

I've always had issues with my fuel tank with trying to fill it up (as a lot of others have), and I am aware that there is a TSB out for it. But, instead of dealing with having to go to the dealer and have them drop the tank, I've either gone to gas stations that don't seem to cause this problem, or just deal with the problem and pump it at about half-flow.

Lately [and it doesn't matter if I have a half-tank (which normally caused the never-ending fill up) or am low on fuel], I haven't been having the problem. What I've been doing is starting gas flow very slowly, taking about 5 seconds to reach maximal flow. Then, I keep it at max flow. And, it's been working just fine. I've done this at different gas stations (even one that I had a problem with before), and it's been flawless [knock-wood].

So, I was just wondering if any of y'all had any similar experiences with this in terms of it being a possible fix. It kind of makes sense, as it allows more air to escape and equalize before pumping at max flow.

Once I get aggravated enough at it, I'm going to take it in to get the TSB done on it. But, in my latest rounds of fill-ups, all seems to be good.

Yeah I have that problem at the ONE local, right around the corner station. However I've tried the start slow approach and once it's panties are in a wad forget it.

What I noticed is that the stations with the bigger vapor thingie..(technical term) are the worst. The newer pumps without the vapor deal or the smaller, half-length one I never have a problems with. What did work for the pumps that don't want to fill is to turn the pump handle upside down so that it's 180 degrees from where you would normally have it. The only problem with this is that it doesn't stop when the tank is full, so I usually only put in enough gas to get me around 'til I hit the next station.

Bet Bill has run into this alot
Old 3/13/07, 08:34 PM
GTR Member

Had mine replaced and it still does it ..only at SAMS gas station though. So I would say try not to go to the station that caused the problem. Even when I pumped slow or whatever.I couldn't get a 1/4 of a gallon to go in w/out raging and killing somebody
Old 3/13/07, 10:33 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Yup same problems here. I've taken it in for the replacement and still get the problem occasionally. Like Brian said the 180 trick seems to work at times. But then there's times that no matter what you do it cut's off every 2 seconds. It only happens to me 1 out of 15 fill-ups so it's not too annoying.
Old 3/13/07, 10:36 PM
Cobra R Member

From what y'all are saying, I don't think I'm even going to waste my time taking it in to be fixed.

Fortunately, I don't have the issue with the fuel pump after cruising like lots of other 05's do.
Old 3/13/07, 11:06 PM

Originally Posted by habu
... I usually only put in enough gas to get me around 'til I hit the next station.

Bet Bill has run into this alot
I've never filled up my tank all the way as of yet. Most I put in is 5 or 6 gallons at a time so to keep the high octane fuel fresh.

I've only used 1 gas station thus far, my local Mobil. No issues with fueling for me.
Old 3/13/07, 11:11 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Exclamation what you say...?

Originally Posted by OKCMustangGT
You never realize how much these cars reflect the colors that they are surrounded by until you remove the colors around them.
Attachment 21507Attachment 21508Attachment 21509
1st Pic = Original Picture
2nd Pic = Color Background w/B&W Car
3rd Pic = Color Car w/B&W Background
I fight with that all the time even with all color photos.

My body shop said that to be sure and use the grey tape (not the black). It has a much greater strength.

Luckily I haven't had this problem with my '07. Good luck!

Quick Reply: Ponies on The Run (Again)