Notices
General Mustang Chat Not Tech or Model Year Specific

Ponies on The Run (Again)

Old 3/11/07, 01:09 PM
  #6961  
Shelby GT500 Member
 
Ray Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: October 7, 2006
Location: Monrovia, CA
Posts: 2,694
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation oooooo...

Originally Posted by pville piper View Post
I'm so hurt... He didn't even know how to drive a stick! Me, who converted his first car to stick! Me, who has never bought an auto after that and has been driving stick for over 20 years! Me, who came all the way from Alabama just to meet you and see your car! All I got was shotgun!

I'm soooooooo hurt...
This is for you Bill!
OWWW!
Ray Man is offline  
Old 3/11/07, 01:19 PM
  #6962  
GTR Member
 
89Trooper's Avatar
 
Join Date: January 26, 2006
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 4,639
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 89Trooper View Post
I'm thinking of not putting the new pads on. Maybe just some precision cut electrical tape to keep the wing from touching the deck lid. Then if I want to take it back off, it'll be a snap.
Didn't work. Even with the 4 nuts tight, the wing rocks. It needs those pads to help. It looked fine, but whenever I shut the trunk, the wing vibrated and rattled. Well, it's on for good again... with the pads.

Which is fine, because I've finally decided that I like the gloss black wing. With the other black stuff on the car, there is just enough gloss and flat stuff.

Gloss: hood stripes, sides stripes, wing, rims, edge of rear honeycomb panel

Flat: chin spoiler, shaker scoop, grille, stock trim, inside of honeycomb panel

I won't count the top since it's only there 50% of the time.

Seems pretty balanced to me not to worry about it.
89Trooper is offline  
Old 3/11/07, 02:02 PM
  #6963  
Mustang Fanatic
 
LEO_06GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 24, 2006
Location: San Diego
Posts: 7,407
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bill-Awesome vids. Thanks for the drive/lesson.

Brian-Car looks great with the new tint.

Ray-Congrats on the new C&L.

John-. I agree that the Manuals are more fun to drive. But I still think 9-10 times the auto will win a race.
LEO_06GT is offline  
Old 3/11/07, 02:14 PM
  #6964  
Shelby GT500 Member
 
Ray Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: October 7, 2006
Location: Monrovia, CA
Posts: 2,694
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by LEO_06GT View Post

Ray-Congrats on the new C&L.
Thanks Leo! What tune are you running?
Ray Man is offline  
Old 3/11/07, 02:23 PM
  #6965  
Mustang Fanatic
 
LEO_06GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 24, 2006
Location: San Diego
Posts: 7,407
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Ray Man View Post
Thanks Leo! What tune are you running?
Right now 87P cause of the crazy gas prices. But before I'd been running the 91R since I got the tune from Doug. To tell you the truth other than a little less throttle response the shifts seem just as fast and firm as they did before switching to 87P. Just try them all out and see which you like best.
LEO_06GT is offline  
Old 3/11/07, 03:44 PM
  #6966  
GTR Member
 
89Trooper's Avatar
 
Join Date: January 26, 2006
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 4,639
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by LEO_06GT View Post
Right now 87P cause of the crazy gas prices. But before I'd been running the 91R since I got the tune from Doug. To tell you the truth other than a little less throttle response the shifts seem just as fast and firm as they did before switching to 87P. Just try them all out and see which you like best.
I'm running 93 Race because the more expensive gas prices get, the cheaper it is to run 93 octane.

If gas was .99, 1.09, and 1.19, it would cost me 20% more to run the 93 octane. 20%!

Now that gas is like 2.39, 2.49, and 2.59, it only costs me 8% more to run 93!

When it goes into the 3's, you're only talking 6% more.

Now's the time to run the 93, (or 91 in your case).
89Trooper is offline  
Old 3/11/07, 05:09 PM
  #6967  
Team Mustang Source
 
habu's Avatar
 
Join Date: September 14, 2005
Location: SoCal
Posts: 3,477
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 89Trooper View Post
I'm running 93 Race because the more expensive gas prices get, the cheaper it is to run 93 octane.

If gas was .99, 1.09, and 1.19, it would cost me 20% more to run the 93 octane. 20%!

Now that gas is like 2.39, 2.49, and 2.59, it only costs me 8% more to run 93!

When it goes into the 3's, you're only talking 6% more.

Now's the time to run the 93, (or 91 in your case).
I was just looking at the prices here,
87 -- 2.84
89 -- 2.94
91 -- 3.04

at that rate and IF you can get 15 gallons in the tank it's only 3 bucks more per tank. That for me is a small enough difference to go ahead and run 91.
habu is offline  
Old 3/11/07, 05:30 PM
  #6968  
GTR Member
 
89Trooper's Avatar
 
Join Date: January 26, 2006
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 4,639
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by habu View Post
I was just looking at the prices here,
87 -- 2.84
89 -- 2.94
91 -- 3.04

at that rate and IF you can get 15 gallons in the tank it's only 3 bucks more per tank. That for me is a small enough difference to go ahead and run 91.
It's always only $3 more per tank if you can get 15 gallons in it no matter how cheap or expensive gas is.
89Trooper is offline  
Old 3/11/07, 05:51 PM
  #6969  
Shelby GT500 Member
 
Ray Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: October 7, 2006
Location: Monrovia, CA
Posts: 2,694
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy booo...

There is no 91R on my X2 . It came with the 91P and 91T.

I'll have to email Doug and see if I can get one.
Ray Man is offline  
Old 3/11/07, 09:15 PM
  #6970  
Cobra Member
 
pville piper's Avatar
 
Join Date: November 10, 2005
Posts: 1,003
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by LEO_06GT View Post
John-.
Play nice Leo!

Originally Posted by LEO_06GT View Post
I agree that the Manuals are more fun to drive. But I still think 9-10 times the auto will win a race.
They are pretty hard to miss a shift for sure... But I love shiftin a manual. I'd buy an auto but my left foot would get bored!
pville piper is offline  
Old 3/11/07, 09:19 PM
  #6971  
Cobra Member
 
pville piper's Avatar
 
Join Date: November 10, 2005
Posts: 1,003
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 89Trooper View Post
It's always only $3 more per tank if you can get 15 gallons in it no matter how cheap or expensive gas is.
And $3 is cheap fun and I'm all for cheap thrills!
pville piper is offline  
Old 3/12/07, 01:19 AM
  #6972  
Mustang Fanatic
 
LEO_06GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 24, 2006
Location: San Diego
Posts: 7,407
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Ray Man View Post
There is no 91R on my X2 . It came with the 91P and 91T.

I'll have to email Doug and see if I can get one.
Why'd you only get two when he offers three??

Originally Posted by pville piper View Post
Play nice Leo!
Just rubbing it in.

BTW-Here's a link to pics of my soon to be louvers. I'm getting them from TMS memeber "Pegasusphoto". He'll be shipping them out today via ups ground so I hope to have them by Friday at the latest.
http://www.pbase.com/crabappl3/louvers
LEO_06GT is offline  
Old 3/12/07, 01:42 AM
  #6973  
Shelby GT500 Member
 
Ray Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: October 7, 2006
Location: Monrovia, CA
Posts: 2,694
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by LEO_06GT View Post
Why'd you only get two when he offers three??

BTW-Here's a link to pics of my soon to be louvers. I'm getting them from TMS memeber "Pegasusphoto". He'll be shipping them out today via ups ground so I hope to have them by Friday at the latest.
http://www.pbase.com/crabappl3/louvers
I don't know. When I placed my order I had asked Doug to choose. He's been e-mailed.

Louvers look .
Ray Man is offline  
Old 3/12/07, 01:48 AM
  #6974  
Mustang Fanatic
 
LEO_06GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 24, 2006
Location: San Diego
Posts: 7,407
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Ray Man View Post
I don't know. When I placed my order I had asked Doug to choose. He's been e-mailed.

Louvers look .
I'm sure he'll hook you up. Thanks. I wish I had the $$$ for a glassback. With that said how's it been when driving on sunny days? Does it feel hotter inside the car?
LEO_06GT is offline  
Old 3/12/07, 02:19 AM
  #6975  
Mustang Fanatic
 
LEO_06GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 24, 2006
Location: San Diego
Posts: 7,407
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tom-Just found a great mod for you since you have black rims. Let me know what you think.
http://www.americanmuscle.com/acorn-...-black-20.html

Here's another. I remember you saying the reason you didn't want D-specs is because you'd drive yourself crazy constantly messing with the settings. With that said here's a set of non-adj d-specs and they're only $369 w/free shipping.
http://www.haneymotorsport.com/Musta...d%20Shocks.htm
LEO_06GT is offline  
Old 3/12/07, 06:15 AM
  #6976  
GTR Member
 
89Trooper's Avatar
 
Join Date: January 26, 2006
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 4,639
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by LEO_06GT View Post
Tom-Just found a great mod for you since you have black rims. Let me know what you think.
http://www.americanmuscle.com/acorn-...-black-20.html

Here's another. I remember you saying the reason you didn't want D-specs is because you'd drive yourself crazy constantly messing with the settings. With that said here's a set of non-adj d-specs and they're only $369 w/free shipping.
http://www.haneymotorsport.com/Musta...d%20Shocks.htm
I like the chrome lug nuts since they offset the black on the rims.

Great find on the struts/shocks! And I was looking for a reason to tear the front end apart AGAIN...

I'll have to think about ordering those.
89Trooper is offline  
Old 3/12/07, 07:34 AM
  #6977  
 
Join Date: September 23, 2004
Location: SoCal
Posts: 10,036
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by LEO_06GT View Post
BTW-Here's a link to pics of my soon to be louvers. http://www.pbase.com/crabappl3/louvers
I wonder, why no pics of the backside?



Originally Posted by LEO_06GT View Post
I wish I had the $$$ for a glassback. With that said how's it been when driving on sunny days? Does it feel hotter inside the car?
I'm sure it is hotter. My Taco gets hot and I only have a small pop-up sunroof.



Originally Posted by 89Trooper View Post
Great find on the struts/shocks!
Aren't these direct OEM replacements? ..Meaning they're not intended for lowered cars.

If installed on our (lowered) cars, wouldn't they already be under compression like our OEM's?
TacoBill is offline  
Old 3/12/07, 07:57 AM
  #6978  
Shelby GT350 Member
Thread Starter
 
OKCMustangGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: January 17, 2006
Location: Tornado Alley
Posts: 2,061
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TacoBill View Post
Some cool burnout videos that Leo and I took this afternoon in a super secret undisclosed area of LA County is now up.

video album link

'Fishtail' (Daryl's request, captured beautifully thanks to the Sticky Pod)
Awesome Bill, I really need to go make some action videos. (Of the car )
Now we need to see a donut video with the sticky pod.
OKCMustangGT is offline  
Old 3/12/07, 08:33 AM
  #6979  
GTR Member
 
89Trooper's Avatar
 
Join Date: January 26, 2006
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 4,639
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TacoBill View Post
Aren't these direct OEM replacements? ..Meaning they're not intended for lowered cars.

If installed on our (lowered) cars, wouldn't they already be under compression like our OEM's?
I'll email or call and ask them. You would think they would have better dampening capabilities, but I'll verify that.
89Trooper is offline  
Old 3/12/07, 09:39 AM
  #6980  
Team Mustang Source
 
habu's Avatar
 
Join Date: September 14, 2005
Location: SoCal
Posts: 3,477
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Is anyone thinking about the FRPP struts to replace the OEM ones. I looked at the Tokico D-Spec, but don't think I need the adjustability. I am seriously looking at the FRPP ones.

Speaking of...
Got my appointment for West-End Alignment at the end of this month.
I know the camber is off on the drivers side. I can see it. So I'll have to make another appt once I get the FRPP struts.

Still waiting for my C&L Last word is that Doug is waiting for the inlet tubes from C&L. This is like calling the VOPC everyday.
habu is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Ponies on The Run (Again)


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.