Notices
General Mustang Chat Not Tech or Model Year Specific

Ponies on The Run (Again)

Old 3/1/07, 04:47 PM
  #6601  
GTR Member
 
89Trooper's Avatar
 
Join Date: January 26, 2006
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 4,639
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mikes rx View Post
And the verdict is.............................
Everything was there - the bar, instructions, installation hardware, and.....

Well, for that I'll have to PM.

Bill - want a detailed write-up with pics for your How-To section for convertible owners?
89Trooper is offline  
Old 3/1/07, 04:50 PM
  #6602  
Cobra R Member
 
mikes rx's Avatar
 
Join Date: January 15, 2007
Location: Hampton Roads, VA
Posts: 1,582
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TacoBill View Post
Be forewarned.. TMS will be shutdown again some time this evening until tomorrow morning (hopefully).

thread
I think that thread has been there since yesterday, referring to last night and this morning
mikes rx is offline  
Old 3/1/07, 04:55 PM
  #6603  
Cobra R Member
 
mikes rx's Avatar
 
Join Date: January 15, 2007
Location: Hampton Roads, VA
Posts: 1,582
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 89Trooper View Post
Everything was there - the bar, instructions, installation hardware, and.....

Well, for that I'll have to PM.
After your comment earlier about videos in the dark, I'm afraid to find out what that is . But, now that you've said something, I MUST find out.

BTW, are you already done with the install??? I expect pics in less than an hour!! j/k
mikes rx is offline  
Old 3/1/07, 04:58 PM
  #6604  
GTR Member
 
89Trooper's Avatar
 
Join Date: January 26, 2006
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 4,639
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mikes rx View Post
After your comment earlier about videos in the dark, I'm afraid to find out what that is . But, now that you've said something, I MUST find out.

BTW, are you already done with the install???
Heck no. I'm taking tomorrow off to prepare both cars and I'll do the install then. Plus, I'm changing 'house' batteries in the '89. My dad gave me a practically brand new marine battery so I can run the lights longer at shows. I wired the 'light battery' up so it's totally independant of the car battery. Then if it's dead from running lights all day long, I'll still be able to start the car.

PMs sent.
89Trooper is offline  
Old 3/1/07, 05:13 PM
  #6605  
 
Join Date: September 23, 2004
Location: SoCal
Posts: 10,036
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 89Trooper View Post
Bill - want a detailed write-up with pics for your How-To section for convertible owners?
Sure, takes lots of pics and the usual 'how-to'.


Originally Posted by mikes rx View Post
I think that thread has been there since yesterday, referring to last night and this morning
Maybe so, but don't be surprised if it shuts down tonight for more maintenance.
TacoBill is offline  
Old 3/1/07, 05:21 PM
  #6606  
GTR Member
 
89Trooper's Avatar
 
Join Date: January 26, 2006
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 4,639
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TacoBill View Post
Maybe so, but don't be surprised if it shuts down tonight for more maintenance.
Don't you mean 'maintence'?
89Trooper is offline  
Old 3/1/07, 05:25 PM
  #6607  
 
Join Date: September 23, 2004
Location: SoCal
Posts: 10,036
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 89Trooper View Post
Don't you mean 'maintence'?
Nope.
TacoBill is offline  
Old 3/1/07, 05:27 PM
  #6608  
GTR Member
 
89Trooper's Avatar
 
Join Date: January 26, 2006
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 4,639
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TacoBill View Post
Sigh...

That's what the message said... that the site was down for "maintence".
89Trooper is offline  
Old 3/1/07, 06:52 PM
  #6609  
Team Mustang Source
 
habu's Avatar
 
Join Date: September 14, 2005
Location: SoCal
Posts: 3,477
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 89Trooper View Post
Brian's Pypes O/R H-Pipe is on the way!


Thanks !! I can't wait to **** off the neighbors. Hopefully the C&L isn't that far away either.

Leo, I am not an old fart. From the first time I heard Bill's car start I knew that's what I wanted. The only thing is that I don't want to start getting complaints from the people around the parking structure 'cause I'm firing the car up everyday.

Now I leave TMS to mod my car and I'm, what, two pages behind AND it was down most of the day...

before



after

habu is offline  
Old 3/1/07, 06:59 PM
  #6610  
Mustang Fanatic
 
LEO_06GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 24, 2006
Location: San Diego
Posts: 7,407
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Congrats on the new mirror covers. They do wonders for the fugly mirrors. Are you planning on installing the O/R H??? I don't think any shops will do it for you. BTW-I still haven't heard back from the dud with the ducktail.
LEO_06GT is offline  
Old 3/1/07, 07:05 PM
  #6611  
Team Mustang Source
 
habu's Avatar
 
Join Date: September 14, 2005
Location: SoCal
Posts: 3,477
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by LEO_06GT View Post
Congrats on the new mirror covers. They do wonders for the fugly mirrors. Are you planning on installing the O/R H??? I don't think any shops will do it for you. BTW-I still haven't heard back from the dud with the ducktail.
Yeah I'll do it myself. I figure that the day I get the C&L/Tunes I'll do the O/R H. Hopefully before then I'll get it tinted as well.

That sucks about the ducktail, but it happens. If he ever responds I'll still be interested. If it takes too long I may just get the SSE Ducktail, still like it a little more.

I also may bump up the purchase of the CS front clip from Ray Man if the ducktail doesn't happen. Then whichever I decide to buy I'll have 'em painted at the same time.

After that Exterior mods for me will be largely done. I'll focus on pullies, gears, driveshaft and maybe headers.
habu is offline  
Old 3/1/07, 07:06 PM
  #6612  
GTR Member
 
89Trooper's Avatar
 
Join Date: January 26, 2006
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 4,639
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool! Mirror covers!

-------------------------

There's something I'm thinking about doing that I know I would get a lot of flak for. Mind you, I said thinking. I have always liked the idea even though a lot of people consider it to be "rice".

Even though I still can't figure out how a Lamborghini is rice?

Yes, a verticle door hinge kit.

BUT!

The door must be able to operate like normal, too. The last thing I want to do is have to lift the door every time I get in and out. I saw this on a Corvette, so I know it's possible. The guy was getting in and out of the car all night and I didn't even know it had verticle doors. Then he lifted one of them. It was pretty awesome.

That way, you can get in and out like normal... Then at a car show I could lift the doors, one door, or neither door, depending on my mood.

This is not something I'm doing tomorrow, or even know for sure that I want to do, but I still think it's a neat idea, rice or not, especially on a convertible.
89Trooper is offline  
Old 3/1/07, 07:19 PM
  #6613  
GTR Member
 
Boltzman's Avatar
 
Join Date: April 20, 2005
Location: Tampa,FL
Posts: 4,649
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 89Trooper View Post
Cool! Mirror covers!

-------------------------

There's something I'm thinking about doing that I know I would get a lot of flak for. Mind you, I said thinking. I have always liked the idea even though a lot of people consider it to be "rice".

Even though I still can't figure out how a Lamborghini is rice?

Yes, a verticle door hinge kit.

BUT!

The door must be able to operate like normal, too. The last thing I want to do is have to lift the door every time I get in and out. I saw this on a Corvette, so I know it's possible. The guy was getting in and out of the car all night and I didn't even know it had verticle doors. Then he lifted one of them. It was pretty awesome.

That way, you can get in and out like normal... Then at a car show I could lift the doors, one door, or neither door, depending on my mood.

This is not something I'm doing tomorrow, or even know for sure that I want to do, but I still think it's a neat idea, rice or not, especially on a convertible.
Anything to try and beat me ,huh Tom?
Boltzman is offline  
Old 3/1/07, 07:41 PM
  #6614  
Cobra R Member
 
mikes rx's Avatar
 
Join Date: January 15, 2007
Location: Hampton Roads, VA
Posts: 1,582
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 89Trooper View Post
Cool! Mirror covers!

-------------------------

There's something I'm thinking about doing that I know I would get a lot of flak for. Mind you, I said thinking. I have always liked the idea even though a lot of people consider it to be "rice".

Even though I still can't figure out how a Lamborghini is rice?

Yes, a verticle door hinge kit.

BUT!

The door must be able to operate like normal, too. The last thing I want to do is have to lift the door every time I get in and out. I saw this on a Corvette, so I know it's possible. The guy was getting in and out of the car all night and I didn't even know it had verticle doors. Then he lifted one of them. It was pretty awesome.

That way, you can get in and out like normal... Then at a car show I could lift the doors, one door, or neither door, depending on my mood.

This is not something I'm doing tomorrow, or even know for sure that I want to do, but I still think it's a neat idea, rice or not, especially on a convertible.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Actually, on certain vehicles, they do look pretty cool.

But, let me give you some info:

1) I believe that with pretty much ANY kit, you can open them a little (like to the first catch point), and then choose whether or not to go lambo style
2) They cost mucho dinero...and some American money too (figure that movie quote out, hehehe)
3) I don't think that there is a true "bolt on" kit, no matter what they say. Some welding, cutting, etc may still be needed
4) I don't think they look "right" on the S197's. I've seen a few SN95's that looked good, but the car is completely different
5) There are many different kits...some that go 90*, some that go ~75*, some that go past 90*. The only one I think looks "appropriate" b/c of lambo styling is the one that is less than 90*
6) I've heard issues from people about the hinge "strut" wearing over time (ie-if you keep the doors up for extended periods of time)
7) It looks like the car has an umbilical cord sticking out of it
8) Do you have any idea how heavy the doors are, and how much hassle it is to get them re-aligned.
9) THE TREND WILL GO AWAY FROM THEM!!! IT IS A FAD. Remember fast and furious 1, with all the decals and body kits and stuff. 6 months after the movie came out, the trend went from flamboyant rice to "sleeper JDM"
mikes rx is offline  
Old 3/1/07, 07:49 PM
  #6615  
Mustang Fanatic
 
LEO_06GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 24, 2006
Location: San Diego
Posts: 7,407
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Say it ain't so Tom say it ain't so.

Originally Posted by habu View Post
Yeah I'll do it myself. I figure that the day I get the C&L/Tunes I'll do the O/R H. Hopefully before then I'll get it tinted as well.

That sucks about the ducktail, but it happens. If he ever responds I'll still be interested. If it takes too long I may just get the SSE Ducktail, still like it a little more.

I also may bump up the purchase of the CS front clip from Ray Man if the ducktail doesn't happen. Then whichever I decide to buy I'll have 'em painted at the same time.

After that Exterior mods for me will be largely done. I'll focus on pullies, gears, driveshaft and maybe headers.
Sounds good you don't want to over do it. I'll try and contact ducktail dude in the next couple days.

Originally Posted by 89Trooper View Post
Cool! Mirror covers!

-------------------------

There's something I'm thinking about doing that I know I would get a lot of flak for. Mind you, I said thinking. I have always liked the idea even though a lot of people consider it to be "rice".

Even though I still can't figure out how a Lamborghini is rice?

Yes, a verticle door hinge kit.

BUT!

The door must be able to operate like normal, too. The last thing I want to do is have to lift the door every time I get in and out. I saw this on a Corvette, so I know it's possible. The guy was getting in and out of the car all night and I didn't even know it had verticle doors. Then he lifted one of them. It was pretty awesome.

That way, you can get in and out like normal... Then at a car show I could lift the doors, one door, or neither door, depending on my mood.

This is not something I'm doing tomorrow, or even know for sure that I want to do, but I still think it's a neat idea, rice or not, especially on a convertible.
NO,TOM,NO that's so ricer. There's a guy in my mustang club that has vertical doors that function the way your describing. From what I've seen in the Mustang show's I've been to stangs with vert doors, crazy paint jobs, tv monitors, and all that other pimp my ride stuff never place. Reason being because they're judged by other stang owners who obviously perfer a classic/retro look and not a Euro or Import tuner look. Well that's my .02. I really hope you don't go through with this mod. I'm sure Bill will agree with most if not all that I've said.

Remember the __________________??? Come back to the line.
LEO_06GT is offline  
Old 3/1/07, 07:49 PM
  #6616  
Shelby GT500 Member
 
Ray Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: October 7, 2006
Location: Monrovia, CA
Posts: 2,694
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Bill, you're getting really good at that photo taking thing!


Originally Posted by TacoBill View Post
How's this for ****... I don't even want the paint behind my plate scratched! (had to put my new registration decal on)







Plus, my artistic shot.
Ray Man is offline  
Old 3/1/07, 07:54 PM
  #6617  
Cobra R Member
 
mikes rx's Avatar
 
Join Date: January 15, 2007
Location: Hampton Roads, VA
Posts: 1,582
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 89Trooper
Yes, a verticle door hinge kit.

FYI, Mr. Grammar, it's spelled VERTICAL, not verticle
mikes rx is offline  
Old 3/1/07, 08:04 PM
  #6618  
Mustang Fanatic
 
LEO_06GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 24, 2006
Location: San Diego
Posts: 7,407
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mikes rx View Post
FYI, Mr. Grammar, it's spelled VERTICAL, not verticle
Wow that's twice in one day Mr.Grammar's been corrected. That's unheard of. Your obviously not feeling well and need medical attention.


Your modding privileges are being temporarily suspended in order to protect the well being of your car.
LEO_06GT is offline  
Old 3/1/07, 08:08 PM
  #6619  
Cobra R Member
 
mikes rx's Avatar
 
Join Date: January 15, 2007
Location: Hampton Roads, VA
Posts: 1,582
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by LEO_06GT View Post
Wow that's twice in one day Mr.Grammar's been corrected. That's unheard of. Your obviously not feeling well and need medical attention.


Your modding privileges are being temporarily suspended in order to protect the well being of your car.


BTW, I forgot to mention, you may also have to remove the fenders. So, as if it wasn't bad enough trying to realign doors by themselves, imagine trying to realign them IN ADDITION to having to align the fenders.
mikes rx is offline  
Old 3/1/07, 09:41 PM
  #6620  
 
Join Date: September 23, 2004
Location: SoCal
Posts: 10,036
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 89Trooper View Post
Sigh...

That's what the message said... that the site was down for "maintence".
O I C.. I thought you meant my spelling.



Originally Posted by habu View Post
... From the first time I heard Bill's car start I knew that's what I wanted. The only thing is that I don't want to start getting complaints from the people around the parking structure 'cause I'm firing the car up everyday.
I'm flattered!
Firing up your car in the parking structure (when cold) is going to sound so effin' awesome, you'll be grinning ear to ear!
You gotta video tape that, kinda like my Del Amo Mall experiment.



Originally Posted by habu View Post
Yeah I'll do it myself. I figure that the day I get the C&L/Tunes I'll do the O/R H. Hopefully before then I'll get it tinted as well.
Should be a fun day of installing. Although it won't hurt to install the H earlier, if anything, just a CEL will come on.

Forgot to mention, mirror inserts look great!
TacoBill is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Ponies on The Run (Again)


Featured Sponsors

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.