Ponies on The Run (Again)

Search this Thread

Old 2/27/07, 12:42 PM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by TacoBill
Congrats for tomorrow's birthday!

I like that HNL license frame though.
And Leo, please don't wear that Mario Bros shirt ever again, it looks way too napoleon dynamite.
I was thinking the same thing! Hey Leo ,you're not playing pocket pool are ya?
Old 2/27/07, 01:58 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Congrats for tomorrow's birthday!

I like that HNL license frame though. And Leo, please don't wear that Mario Bros shirt ever again, it looks way too napoleon dynamite.
Originally Posted by Boltzman
I was thinking the same thing! Hey Leo ,you're not playing pocket pool are ya?
Thanks for the insults. See what I get for sharing. I actually threw away those frames after those pics. Now I'm regretting it and wish I had kept one to put on my rear plate. Maybe I can contact the dealership and see if they'll send one to me.
------
Just got back from taking the wife lunch. The cars a mess now. Good thing is I have nothing better to do so I'm going to wash it later on.
I'm still on camera watch.

Just checked my my tower covers and notice there's still a rubbing issue. The left cover has lost some paint just below were the other covers had issues with rubbing.Obviously I can't post a pic untill I get my camera.
Old 2/27/07, 02:06 PM
GTR Member

And Leo, please don't wear that Mario Bros shirt ever again, it looks way too napoleon dynamite.
What's wrong with Napoleon Dynamite? I love that movie.
Old 2/27/07, 02:28 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by 89Trooper
Napoleon Dynamite the movie, good. Looking like Napoleon Dynamite, not so good.
Old 2/27/07, 02:38 PM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by LEO_06GT
Now I'm regretting it and wish I had kept one to put on my rear plate. Maybe I can contact the dealership and see if they'll send one to me..
I'll look into getting some when I go to Hawaii in july (both Oahu and Big Island). Hopefully there's a Ford dealer near Waikiki.

Just got back from taking the wife lunch. The cars a mess now. Good thing is I have nothing better to do so I'm going to wash it later on.
I hope it was worth it. (Don't tell E I said that!)

Just checked my my tower covers and notice there's still a rubbing issue. The left cover has lost some paint just below were the other covers had issues with rubbing.Obviously I can't post a pic untill I get my camera.
I can't believe it. Really.
I need to see the pics.

Tom, please say no more (for your own good).

Originally Posted by OKCMustangGT
Napoleon Dynamite the movie, good. Looking like Napoleon Dynamite, not so good.
Old 2/27/07, 02:47 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Hey Bill, I just noticed you had your AutoVation Racing Pedals in both the Performance & Appearance Mod lists. Error or did you mean to do that ?
Old 2/27/07, 02:56 PM

Hey Bill, I just noticed you had your AutoVation Racing Pedals in both the Performance & Appearance Mod lists. Error or did you mean to do that ?
Good catch! I didn't even notice that. Hmm.. I wonder what it should fall under, it's a bit of both.
Old 2/27/07, 03:02 PM

I'm pretty close to ordering the Ford Racing camcovers in Black Wrinkle (M-6582-3VBLK).

After tossing around different color options, I think the Black will look best with the Shaker.

Forget TR; too much Red.
Chrome; will attract too much attention to the stock manifolds.

John Bleakley has them priced online for $218.90 (plus shipping).
Old 2/27/07, 03:30 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

I'm pretty close to ordering the Ford Racing camcovers in Black Wrinkle (M-6582-3VBLK).

After tossing around different color options, I think the Black will look best with the Shaker.

Forget TR; too much Red.

I don't know about Black Bill. Just seems like they would disappear, or is that what you are after? I personally wouldn't pay $200+ to make something disappear.
Get me a clean shot from the side and I'll play with with the color combos maybe give you an idea, if ya want.
Old 2/27/07, 03:48 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
OK, dumb question here... why do they have to be powder coated... couldn't you just take 'em off and paint them w/Krylon Ford Blue for engines ?? I've done that to just about ever single valve cover I've painted and never had a problem ?? Seems to me that'd be a whole lot cheaper.
Old 2/27/07, 03:55 PM
GTR Member

Now this is a write-up I gotta see. What a royal pain in the azz, not to mention taking the shaker back off, and re-installing it, and getting it centered perfectly again.

I just went out to the garage and looked. You just don't see enough of them to justify the change. Since you barely see them, and if you just have to have them black (or whatever color), I would remove the shaker and paint them with Dupli-Color 500 degree Engine Enamel. This is the paint I used on the engine block of the '89.

Look at all those colors - there's even Clear if you want to make them glossier.

http://www.duplicolor.com/products/engine.html

Total cost = $10 (that's with the clear).
Old 2/27/07, 03:59 PM
Cobra Member

Forget TR; too much Red.

Good price. I have been thinking of those as well. But with my red interior and black car I don't think I would want to get black or blue. But chrome is a bit too much money. So I will most likely paint mine.
Old 2/27/07, 04:05 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by habu
OK, dumb question here... why do they have to be powder coated... couldn't you just take 'em off and paint them w/Krylon Ford Blue for engines ?? I've done that to just about ever single valve cover I've painted and never had a problem ?? Seems to me that'd be a whole lot cheaper.
I have done that before as well with good results. In fact, I painted the exhaust manifolds on 351C Cobra Jet white and they held up very well as well. Something that I have been thinking of doing here as well as it is cheap and short of installing long tubes you won't see any horsepower gains. But it will be a lot of work to do them,
Old 2/27/07, 04:16 PM
GTR Member

I just installed the Chrome Bezels now for real. I already said I did in the other thread, but now I really did it.

They even look better with the car actually glossy white instead of gray (I washed it yesterday). And with the chrome trim on the rims, the rear medallian, and the exhaust tips actually shining now instead of being dull the bezels really do look sharp.

I walked up on the car from the front looking at the chrome horse on the grille, the chrome-looking headlights and corner lights... then down the side with the bright chrome (polished, actually) trim around the rims... and then to the back with the chrome accents and it really looks 67-ish (which is what the car was designed to do).

I think Leo, and other nay-sayers, may feel differently looking at the car in person. I'll test out that theory this weekend. Phil (LimeGT) voted no and said THIS. I told him he may feel differently in person. On Saturday, I'll ask him to be honest and to tell me if seeing them in person actually makes a difference.

At any rate, I'm glad I stuck with the chrome.
Old 2/27/07, 04:35 PM
Cobra R Member

I just installed the Chrome Bezels now for real. I already said I did in the other thread, but now I really did it...At any rate, I'm glad I stuck with the chrome.
As long as you're happy, that's all that matters. And, I DO NOT intend for that to sound the way it reads, so please don't read it in that tone.

Instead, what I mean is that you must be happy with the way it looks in order to even think that other people like it, or to believe when other people tell you that it looks good.

Something I learned a long time ago is that if you don't think your outfit looks good (yes, what you are wearing), then change it, because you will always have that negative mind-set...even if it does look good to everyone else.

So, I think you made the right choice, as it is YOUR car, and YOU are the one that would be regretting it otherwise. Don't listen to the nay-sayers.
Old 2/27/07, 04:42 PM
Legacy TMS Member

I'll look into getting some when I go to Hawaii in july (both Oahu and Big Island). Hopefully there's a Ford dealer near Waikiki.

Honolulu Ford is like 5min away from waikiki.

I hope it was worth it. (Don't tell E I said that!)

I won't.

I can't believe it. Really.
I need to see the pics.

As soon as the UPS dude gets here.
Old 2/27/07, 05:07 PM

Wow! The Council has spoken.. as ugly as the stock camcover finish is, it sounds like it doesn't outweigh the cost (or labor in painting).

Because I value everyone's input, let me move this mod to the back burner for now.

Mike, I understand about doing stuff that makes one happy, but that's the difference between seeing a jacked up Mustang (by that I mean one that has a lot of stupid mods) and mine (ONLY for an example, so no comments from the Peanut Gallery, please!) at a carshow. Most all of my mods have been discussed, debated, and chosen carefully before I even bought them.

Don't misunderstand me, I'm not building this car for others, but for me (and Chris). So, I don't want to do stupid or wasteful stuff to it.
Old 2/27/07, 05:15 PM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by mikes rx
As long as you're happy, that's all that matters. And, I DO NOT intend for that to sound the way it reads, so please don't read it in that tone.
Mike, I understand about doing stuff that makes one happy, but that's the difference between seeing a jacked up Mustang (by that I mean one that has a lot of stupid mods) and mine (ONLY for an example, so no comments from the Peanut Gallery, please!) at a carshow. Most all of my mods have been discussed, debated, and chosen carefully before I even bought them.
Same with me, I don't just throw stuff on without discussing and debating (obviously). This part, however, needed to be bought to see on the car before a decision was made.

Bill and I spent days discussing the proper amount of MGW interior accessories to make the car look tasteful without going overboard.
Old 2/27/07, 05:15 PM

Honolulu Ford is like 5min away from waikiki.
Cool! I'll try and make it to the Parts Dept while the women folks are shopping at Ala Moana (Leo knows about this mall).

I'll also look for a Toyota Dealer too, need a new frame for my Taco.
Old 2/27/07, 05:21 PM
GTR Member

My vote still stands as black, especially with the black bordered license plate.

IMO Black just plain looks better.
I just remember that I have a chrome frame just like the black one (with the clear cover over the plate, not like the chrome frame in the other rear-end shot). Would it be better to have that on instead of the black frame?

Quick Reply: Ponies on The Run (Again)