General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Ponies on The Run (Again)

Search this Thread

Old 2/26/07, 06:48 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 89Trooper
Yep, I called today 20 minutes after they got there and asked if there was any way it could ship out today because I have 2 car shows coming up this weekend, and that this guy Chuck can't have one without me having one, and blah blah blah... and she said it wouldn't be a problem.
Heck, if you have a saw blade and a cordless drill with hole-saw attachment, you can attach it on the show-grounds That's how simple and quick it is.

I'm glad to hear that it wasn't a problem. They have GREAT customer service...similar to George at MGW, Marcello at SHR, and the owner of Raptor Performance shift lights (I don't know his name). I LOVE talking to comanies like that, because I feel like they appreciate your business...unlike some of the "big name companies".

I did mention your name when I was talking to her and said you were the one who told me about them
Thanks
Old 2/26/07, 06:52 PM
GTR Member

Leo - someone has good taste:

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showpo...1&postcount=30

Um, Mike, did you vote yet??

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showthread.php?t=61076
Old 2/26/07, 06:54 PM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by mikes rx
Heck, if you have a saw blade and a cordless drill with hole-saw attachment, you can attach it on the show-grounds That's how simple and quick it is.
What size hole-saw do I need?
Old 2/26/07, 06:55 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by KdF
Tried instaling it twice , but alas , it would fall out.
Would have looked great.
Have you tried trimming the part that tucks in??? I've read on other threads that some people had to do that for it to stay in place.

Hmm....Well I still say your car looks better without.
Old 2/26/07, 06:59 PM
Cobra R Member

Leo - someone has good taste:

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showpo...1&postcount=30

Um, Mike, did you vote yet??
I did not vote, but I did leave a comment.

I have taillight insert DECALS. They are a one-piece decal, cut just like the regular chrome/plastic pieces are, only there are a decal.

Here is the link off the ebay seller that I got them from: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2005-...mZ300079641011

He also has some other unique decals for our cars. I bought the lower rear bumper insert from him, and he also has a front bumper decal that looks interesting (to give a CS style bumper).

He has multiple colors available. I went with black taillight outlines (they really aren't noticeable to the naked eye, but when the lights are lit, there is definitely the MUCH NEEDED SEPARATION!, which was all I was looking for), and I bought the rear bumper insert but in silver (although BLACK would look good for you).
Old 2/26/07, 07:06 PM
GTR Member

I did not vote, but I did leave a comment.

and I bought the rear bumper insert but in silver (although BLACK would look good for you).
That's right, I do remember your comment.

Leo... like those black outlines in the eBay link?

So what is this bumper insert of which you speak? EDIT: I found it. This thing was so slow in letting me edit.
Old 2/26/07, 07:08 PM
Cobra R Member

What size hole-saw do I need?
I honestly don't remember. I want to say about 2" diameter just based off memorization of how wide the barrel of the bar is.

But, the instructions *may* call for a bigger size opening than what is really needed. As I said before, he wanted me to provide honest comments about the bar. So, I informed him of the install, and mentioned the fact that it seemed like a smaller sized hole saw was needed. Steve said he noticed that too and was considering changing the install instructions to accomodate that.

You really only need to cut a hole big enough to accomodate the bar sliding into the bracket. Unfortunately, I don't remember what size it was, and I don't have my car available to take pics of.

But, maybe Boltzman will chime in with the proper opening size
Old 2/26/07, 07:12 PM
Cobra R Member

So what is this bumper insert of which you speak?
The rear bumper insert is similar to the SN95's that had the lower bumper painted black [ie: some 94-98 GT's (depending on year) and 99-04 roush's]

The front bumper insert goes in between the front "valences" to provide the look of a CS. I don't have a pic of that, but if you look at the guy's other auctions, it's there.

Notice silver on very bottom of bumper in the middle.....look closely, it's in the recessed area of the bumper:
Attached Thumbnails Ponies on The Run (Again)-2005-mustang-014a.jpg  
Old 2/26/07, 07:20 PM
Cobra R Member

OK tom, I just voted (and it was NO). I like the black and white look...I think chrome would be out of place on your car.

BTW, the ebay seller will combine shipping if you are interested in more than one item. Just email him first.
Old 2/26/07, 07:21 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Leo... like those black outlines in the eBay link?

So what is this bumper insert of which you speak? EDIT: I found it. This thing was so slow in letting me edit.
Yes the black inserts are fine and I think they'd look better than the chrome.
Old 2/26/07, 07:23 PM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by LEO_06GT
Yes the black inserts are fine and I think they'd look better than the chrome.
I have to admit, they do have that thin look that I was after.

Mike - Do they fit as perfect as the eBay picture shows? I'm good at installing vinyl (getting it nice and soapy and moving it into place), but will it allow you to move it into place perfectly like in the pic? I'm rather picky.
Old 2/26/07, 07:25 PM
Cobra R Member

Just a note: the taillight outlines are not the easiest in the world to put on, and I wouldn't recommend them for first-timers, as it's easy to get the decal twisted on itself.

But, if you have experience applying decals, then this is do-able. Just make sure you have plenty of soapy water, and a second set of hands to spray it on the decal and taillight. That was my job, as my dad was the one that applied them.

Just take your time and be a little patient, and the rewards are worth it.
Old 2/26/07, 07:26 PM
Legacy TMS Member

I have to admit, they do have that thin look that I was after.

Mike - Do they fit as perfect as the eBay picture shows? I'm good at installing vinyl (getting it nice and soapy and moving it into place), but will it allow you to move it into place perfectly like in the pic? I'm rather picky.
Ha, I got you flip flopping now.
Old 2/26/07, 07:29 PM
Cobra R Member

This forum is SLOW today. I posted while you were posting.

I am probably as equally picky as you.

If you have experience with decals, then this should be up your alley. It isn't the easiest, because the decal isn't "rigid" enough to stay flat in it's shape. But, it is definitely do-able, as mentioned above.

The decal might not be PERFECT, due to the slight curvature of the tail light lens and overall "tolerances" in both the decal and lens. But, its darn near close. You'd have to be REAL CLOSE to see that it may be slightly off. But, the chrome plastic pieces are all like that too (perhaps even worse, because if they don't fit right, it is VERY noticeable, because it is 3-dimensional, not thin like a decal). I think it would be impossible to get it PERFECT. But, I think that even you will be happy

I wish I could take some pics, but I don't have my car with me
Old 2/26/07, 07:37 PM
GTR Member

This is a quick rendering of what my car would look like with the black decals:

Attachment 20408 -vs- Attachment 20409

I really need Daryl to Photochop the second picture into black outlines to get a better idea.

DARYL??

I still like the retro-ness of the second picture. The black isn't really doing it for me.
Attached Thumbnails Ponies on The Run (Again)-dscn2933b.jpg   Ponies on The Run (Again)-dscn5070.jpg  
Old 2/26/07, 07:40 PM
Cobra R Member

This is a quick rendering of what my car would look like with the black decals
Honestly, I don't even know if they would be that noticeable. Maybe mine aren't that noticeable because the car is black???

BTW, I think he has flat black and gloss black decals available. Let the decision making begin

Here is another angle of mine, although the picture a few posts up is better IMO:
Attached Thumbnails Ponies on The Run (Again)-2005-mustang-017.jpg  
Old 2/26/07, 07:42 PM
GTR Member

Honestly, I don't even know if they would be that noticeable.
When I was drawing in the black strips, it was hard to tell where I was in some places because it was already dark.

the chrome plastic pieces are all like that too (perhaps even worse, because if they don't fit right, it is VERY noticeable, because it is 3-dimensional, not thin like a decal). I think it would be impossible to get it PERFECT. But, I think that even you will be happy
I was surprised how perfect the chrome actually fit (they aren't installed in the pics - just laying in place).

I don't know... ask Bill how picky I am.

Yours does look good, though.
Old 2/26/07, 07:46 PM
Cobra R Member

Out of curiosity, did you notice you have a chrome license plate frame with the black tail outlines, and a black license plate frame with chrome outlines.
Maybe that is giving you an optical delusion I wonder if you would like one outline more than the other if you switch the frames around??
Old 2/26/07, 08:17 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Bill are these the Saleen hashes you want??
Old 2/26/07, 08:43 PM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just to comment on the slowness of this site lately..It has been happening so much that I'm ready to blow a gasket Sometimes it times out and I cannot even get on..so much for a Server "UPGRADE"

Quick Reply: Ponies on The Run (Again)