General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Ponies on The Run (Again)

Old 2/25/07, 11:56 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey Leo,

If your are serious about the glass roof, also check out Saleen. I didn't know they had one when I purchased mine. I think it's sleeker because it doesn't have all the big mouldings running from front to back. And, it sits more flush to the car. I found that my mouldings are popping up because the double sided tape they use isn't sticking properly.

Just a FYI.
Attached Thumbnails Ponies on The Run (Again)-img_0309.jpg   Ponies on The Run (Again)-img_0310.jpg   Ponies on The Run (Again)-img_0311.jpg  
Old 2/25/07, 11:57 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by 89Trooper
That's what I did and I haven't had even one junk email. So, either Photobucket doesn't sell the emails or Yahoo is really good at blocking spam (or treat).
Ditto +3
Old 2/25/07, 12:03 PM
GTR Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I love the glassback... I would definitely do that if I had a coupe.

Wonder if I should get this and paint it flat black (the color mine should be):

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2005-...6671QQtcZphoto

It's bare and ready to paint -vs- my factory white one that would need to be stripped (and maybe ruined if I screw up).

What I really need to find is the "flat clear". Maybe I could just paint that on to my gloss black spoiler? The flat clear is a clear coat that dries flat - then it can be waxed, or Zaino'd, or whatever.
Old 2/25/07, 12:07 PM
KdF
Bullitt Member

Another Mike....

Gotta patent my name!

Get ready to post a lot ....these Poster of Ill Repute will make you work for it....

For Tom , I gotta take some Pic`s of my newest little Mod.....see if I can get him riled for a Sunday......
Old 2/25/07, 12:09 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by KdF
Another Mike....

Gotta patent my name!
For real...there are MANY mikes on this forum. So, feel free to refer to me as "Michael", "RX", "mikes rx"
Old 2/25/07, 12:27 PM
KdF
Bullitt Member

Attachment 20338

Attachment 20339

The new medallion I scored for both sides , and I just Zaino`ed the baby Tuesday , too dusty to break it out as you can tell...
Attached Thumbnails Ponies on The Run (Again)-medallion.jpg   Ponies on The Run (Again)-dust.jpg  
Old 2/25/07, 12:45 PM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by KdF
The new medallion I scored for both sides
Doesn't look too bad... it's better than a V6 Pony! Whom are we trying to rile?
Old 2/25/07, 02:31 PM
GTR Member

The wiring is finally complete - and about a week early!

Here is a pic of the new 9-function box to control all the lights. I was going to take a video, but a picture is just as easy. When it gets dark, I should be able to take a video of all the lights in action.

Attachment 20345

Even though I'll never uses it on the highway, I tried to wire it the way I thought it would be wired in a real cop car.

On the left is the "pursuit switch". So I figured these would be the things that would come on during a chase. So, 3 of the 9 functions are as follows:

1 - Slide the lever one notch to the right and all 5 Rotating Lights come on in the lightbar (4 behind blue lenses and the center behind a clear lense).

2 - One more notch to the right and the Rotators stay on, but now the 4 Corner Strobe Lights come on, too.

3 - One more notch to the right and in addition to the Rotators and Strobes, the Wig-Wags come on alternating the left and right Hi-Beam lights.

So, for a quick pursuit, the cop can just slap the switch all the way to the right and everything he needs to chase is ready.

The switches, of course, do the other 6 functions.

4 - The Intersection Lights are at the front corners of the lightbar and do a 120° sweep to warn cars when approaching an intersection.

5 - The Take Down Lights are in the front of the lightbar and blind the crap out of the driver in the pulled over car.

6 - The Alley Lights are on each side of the lightbar to light up alley ways. These could be wired to come on separately, but I just tied them together.

7 - The Rear Flash is also called Traffic Backers. This alternates the reverse lights and the brake lights to warn drivers approaching from behind.

8 - The Flashers are in the back of the lightbar and alternate two amber lights off and on. Same reason as the Traffic Backers.

9 - The Headlight Flasher switch only works if the Wig-Wags are turned on. This energizes a relay that turns the Wig-Wags into a Multi-Flasher. This does the Hi-Beams in a changing, multi-pattern instead of just alternating left and right.

10 - A hidden function. The Headlight Flasher switch is a momentary switch when pressed down (that's why it looks different than the rest). When the Strobe Lights are on, pushing down on this switch changes between all the different Strobe Light flash patterns.

Glad that's all done - but that's the way I should have done it in the beginning.
Attached Thumbnails Ponies on The Run (Again)-dscn5114.jpg  
Old 2/25/07, 03:36 PM
GTR Member

BTW, Happy Anniversary Bill (and Susan)! What a quick year...

From this: Attachment 20351 To this: Attachment 20352 in 365 days.

And Susan...

From this: Attachment 20353 To this: Attachment 20353 an amazing transformation.
Attached Thumbnails Ponies on The Run (Again)-dscn5200.jpg  
Attached Images   
Old 2/25/07, 04:33 PM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Wonder if I should get this and paint it flat black (the color mine should be).
I would either take your white or the current black (I'd lean towards the gloss black you have installed now) and have it stripped down, shot with flat black, and cleared.. PROFESSIONALLY. Don't get me wrong, I'm not questioning your spray can painting abilities, but I think something of this scale should be left up to the professionals.

Originally Posted by KdF
The new medallion I scored for both sides , and I just Zaino`ed the baby Tuesday , too dusty to break it out as you can tell...
Looks good, Mike! Call me crazy, but kinda reminds me of the Vette emblem.

The wiring is finally complete - and about a week early!
Good job, Tom! Wiring all that up must have been a nightmare.
Set your camera up on a tripod when you shoot the vid, it'll look cooler than sshaking all over the place.
Old 2/25/07, 04:39 PM

BTW, Happy Anniversary Bill (and Susan)! What a quick year...
Thanks, Tom!

I'm looking forward to year #2 of ownership!
Old 2/25/07, 04:54 PM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by TacoBill
I would either take your white or the current black (I'd lean towards the gloss black you have installed now) and have it stripped down, shot with flat black, and cleared. Set your camera up on a tripod when you shoot the vid, it'll look cooler than sshaking all over the place.
I think flat black with clear will end up looking gloss black. I watched the painters paint the trains at Disney and when they were done with all the lettering and designs, they sanded the entire thing! I was like, WTF? Everything was dull and flat, but when the cleared it everything was as glossy as ever. That's why they make this 'flat clear'. Guys that used to paint their old trucks flat black can now paint them black and then flat clear it. It's smooth and feels glossy, but looks flat.

As far as the video, I'll have to be walking around the car to show all the different features.
Old 2/25/07, 04:55 PM
Cobra Member

[quote=TacoBill;852569] Looks good, Mike! Call me crazy, but kinda reminds me of the Vette emblem. [quote]

Yeah... But with a Rebel Flag? GM (or anyother corporation) puttin that out!
Old 2/25/07, 05:10 PM

I think flat black with clear will end up looking gloss black.
Didn't know that.. Well, whatever method they used to get the 03/04 Mach 1 spoilers painted, try and duplicate that.

Originally Posted by pville piper
Yeah... But with a Rebel Flag? GM (or anyother corporation) puttin that out!
Well, sans the Rebel flag, it looks like the Vette's 'V' emblem. Not knocking it, just pointing out a similiarity.
Old 2/25/07, 05:13 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by Ray Man
Hey Leo,

If your are serious about the glass roof, also check out Saleen. I didn't know they had one when I purchased mine. I think it's sleeker because it doesn't have all the big mouldings running from front to back. And, it sits more flush to the car. I found that my mouldings are popping up because the double sided tape they use isn't sticking properly.

Just a FYI.
Thanks. I'm sure the Saleen one costs atleast an extra grand just because of the name. I'd be more than happy with the one you've got.

Mike RX- Welcome.

Mike KDF-How did the door trim work out for you??

Bill-Congrats on year 1. My car's B-day's coming up on the 28th.
For some reason I haven't been able to get on to "Usend it" to D/l the vid.

Susan-Congrats on year 1.
Old 2/25/07, 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by LEO_06GT
For some reason I haven't been able to get on to "Usend it" to D/l the vid.
I sent the link again to you. You have to log in before it'll let you download that file.
Old 2/25/07, 05:23 PM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by TacoBill
Didn't know that.. Well, whatever method they used to get the 03/04 Mach 1 spoilers painted, try and duplicate that.
The 03/04 Mach 1's spoiler was made out of a totally different type of material. Actually, I don't think it was painted - I think the material is that flat black color.
Old 2/25/07, 05:24 PM

After discussing with Leo yesterday and Kevin today about my future mod options, I've decided to move the following to the front burner..

* Polished FRPP camcovers (yes, they are still over 50% visible)
* Saleen style hash marks, side graphics; under the side GT emblem. In Gloss White, of course.
* Those quarter louvers I mentioned about a few days back.

I'm ready for the feedback now... go easy on me!
Old 2/25/07, 05:24 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Mikes Rx
CONRATS Bill & Susan mine will be 1yr next month, wont be long.

Here is my weekend full of good and bad, so I'll just take it from the top. Weather is decent so it's time for the C&L/BamaChips Tune Install.
Install was very easy, the hardest part was replacing the **** throttle body bolts in the front through the shaker opening. (Had to trim it a little to get it all to work since the C&L Intake is bigger.)
I get it all done, download the 87 Performance tune as I have 3/4 tank of it. Takes no time at all and it's now demo time.

THE BAD
I am going to have to replace my tires so much faster now, as I cannot keep from roasting them whenever I stomp on the go pedal.

THE GOOD
The ear-to-ear grin is BACK only bigger

THE BAD
Storm rolls through car looks like it has chicken pox form the dirty water spots.

THE GOOD
Took it to the car wash and she looks amazing again.

THE BAD
Took my son out to eat, park way away from everyone, sprinkler system kicks on, now my car is spotty again.

Can't wait to try the other tunes, but this thing is faster for sure. Getting up to red line takes absolutely no time. KUDOS DOUG another happy customer and I haven't even tried the 91 tunes yet.

Sorry Bill no Video, took the camera out all ready Blahh batteries went dead try again another day.
Old 2/25/07, 05:26 PM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by OKCMustangGT
I am going to have to replace my tires so much faster now, as I cannot keep from roasting them whenever I stomp on the go pedal.
Wait to you see the other tunes!

Time for some BFG g-Force T/A's and some new 18" rims while you're at it!

But be careful - if you like to fool around, you won't be able to as much with those tires. If you want to be able to still roast the tires, replace them with the same that's on there or something similar.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Ponies on The Run (Again)