Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by OKCMustangGT
One word 05stangKC give him call
Yeah I know , didn't think of it until I posted
Old 2/13/07, 09:07 AM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TacoBill
I'd rather pay the extra $$ for the BMR piece. I don't know.. for some reason, I refuse to have any Granatelli pieces on my car.
Old 2/13/07, 09:58 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by OKCMustangGT
Actually when you live in Sunny Florida (or Cali for that matter) it wouldn't be that hard. Live where I live and see if it looks that nice all the time
We have Cold/Rain/Snow/Sleet/Wind/Dust/Hail/Tornadoes/Earthquakes Now LOL and sometimes most of those in the same day.
For instance today we have had cold, wind, rain, turning to snow this evening and we had an earthquake, all in one day. Welcome to America's Hellhole
If I had to keep my DD looking good through all of that I think I'd pass out.
Old 2/13/07, 01:47 PM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Funny story I forgot to mention...
This past Sunday, Chris and I rode (his) BMX bikes to the local Ford Dealer for kicks just to check out some 07 Mustangs. As we sat on and walked our bikes (Flinstoned) near the Mustangs, a saleslady came out from the showroom and approached us.

She said her boss was getting nervous of the couple kids on bikes he saw near the Mustangs.

Well, once she saw that I was no kid and after I explained to her that I have one of these, she told me to go check out the Roush and T-Bird and to go get her if I had any questions.

Only thing interesting was a V6 with a different factory spoiler on it, lower profile design. They also has one black GT that they blinged out with chrome 20's, half **** red stripes, and a massive fake hood scoop (like from a Boss 429 or something). I didn't bother looking at the sticker on this one.
Old 2/13/07, 02:27 PM
Legacy TMS Member

I'm going to call MWAG here shortly and place my order for rad ext covers.

Tom give me a call when you get a chance I have a deal for you. (Bill you already know what it is.)

I just finished removing the shaker ducting and heat shield. Took me about an hour to remove and put everything back together. I'll post pics later. I have to say that so far I'm very pleased with the look. It really cleans up the engine bay. You guys can form your own opinions later although I'm almost certain you guys will consider doing this once you see it.
Old 2/13/07, 04:46 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Ordered my Radiator Extension covers. MWAG told be it will be a couple weeks before they send them out as they don't have any black ones in a gloss finish.

Before

As promised pics of shaker ductwork and CAI heatshield removed.

Now be honest Yay or Nay???
Old 2/13/07, 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by LEO_06GT
As promised pics of shaker ductwork and CAI heatshield removed.

Now be honest Yay or Nay???
I think it looks very clean.

With that said, it brings 2 things to my mind.. I wasn't aware of the large sunken area in the back of the shroud, I knew there was an indentation there, but didn't know it was the size of a bath tub. And second, you may have people asking, where does the ram air go?

As for yay or nay, you have to ask yourself if the overall look outweighs the bath tub out back. Hard decision for me...

And Leo, please get a real camera.
(btw- read my post about offloading your vids to your PC?)
Old 2/13/07, 05:16 PM
GTR Member

I'm gonna say much better LEO!
Old 2/13/07, 05:18 PM
Cobra Member

Not really feeling it Leo. It does not look bad... It certainly is a cleaner look that before. The orignal look is functional and the new is cleaner... Either way is fine.

I would like to see one with a shroud that just covers the intake manifold instead of the way this one goes down over the valve covers. It's not that this one looks bad... In fact I like it. I just would like to see less coverage.
Of coarse if it didn't cover the fuel rails you know that Bill would have to buy a billet set just to show off!
Old 2/13/07, 05:21 PM
GTR Member

I think for you, Leo... much better. As you know, I never did like the tube just "pointing" at the air filter. Since yours wasn't functional any more, I think it's a good idea to remove it. How obvious is the "bath tub" when just looking in the engine bay?

For me... I would never remove it... but I don't think you would either if you were using the stock airbox and it was still functional.
Old 2/13/07, 05:22 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Chuck-Thanks.

Bill- While I agree the "bathtub" is a bit of an eyesore not having the duct really cleans up the engine bay. I wonder If SHR would be willing to make some sort of cheap one off cover for me???

With that said I don't know if you've seen the V6 shakers but they seem to have a cupholder on the front left side.

Well what does the rest of the shaker commitee think?
Old 2/13/07, 05:23 PM
GTR Member

I think the less amount of plastic,the better .JMO
Old 2/13/07, 05:27 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by pville piper
Not really feeling it Leo. It does not look bad... It certainly is a cleaner look that before. The orignal look is functional and the new is cleaner... Either way is fine.

I would like to see one with a shroud that just covers the intake manifold instead of the way this one goes down over the valve covers. It's not that this one looks bad... In fact I like it. I just would like to see less coverage.
Of coarse if it didn't cover the fuel rails you know that Bill would have to buy a billet set just to show off!
I agree the shroud "Fang performance" uses is much cleaner.

Originally Posted by 89Trooper
I think for you, Leo... much better. As you know, I never did like the tube just "pointing" at the air filter. Since yours wasn't functional any more, I think it's a good idea to remove it. How obvious is the "bath tub" when just looking in the engine bay?

For me... I would never remove it... but I don't think you would either if you were using the stock airbox and it was still functional.
Well so far it's.....
1 Yes
0 No's (Probably cause no one wants to come out and say it.)
Old 2/13/07, 05:34 PM
Cobra Member

Did ya'll see that grabber blue? http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showthread.php?t=60474
I showed it to my wife and told her I liked and she said it was okay. I told I wouldn't trade mine in for it and she said "You got that right!"
Old 2/13/07, 06:09 PM
Cobra Member

The Sky is falling, the sky is falling!!!!

Oh... It's just hail! It's hailing! It's hailing!

so far it's just pea sized.
Tornado watch and everything going on.
Old 2/13/07, 06:10 PM
Cobra Member

Hey Bill, got a little food for thought for you. I have been contemplating getting a radar detector for my stang. I’ve done some research on the best mounting position for the unit. It seems that if you want to pickup Laser you need to mount the unit very low on the dashboard as Laser is a very tight beam, what they are aiming at is the headlights or license plate. In fact the beam is only 18 inches wide at 500 feet. But if you think about it, there seems to be no good reason to try and pickup Laser as it is hard to pickup and they tend to use it where a reflection would unlikely like over a hill or around a curve.
Placing it low also makes it less likely to be see by a policeman who might not be inclined to cut you a break if he knows that you have a detector.
Now they also tell you that placing it behind an object such as your wipers is not a good idea. With that in mind I wondered how high it would have to be to clear the rear spoiler. With my car on level pavement I set my laser level so that it just cleared the rear spoiler. When I turned it around to face front it was just about 4, maybe 5 inches below the rearview mirror. So it looks like your mounting position is the best it can be to pickup both front and rear radar.
Old 2/13/07, 06:20 PM
Team Mustang Source

I agree the shroud "Fang performance" uses is much cleaner.

Well so far it's.....
1 Yes
0 No's (Probably cause no one wants to come out and say it.)
count me in for a YES. It's much cleaner and IMO don't worry about the bath tub.
Old 2/13/07, 06:20 PM
Cobra Member

Cool, the Fang does look good, more like the orignal shakers. Except for the fang emblem out front. That looks kinda goofy to me... Might go good with the Bat grill from Agent47! Get that whole Bat Man theme kicked off!
Old 2/13/07, 06:34 PM
GTR Member

I got the clear rear side markers and they look to be really good quality. I popped off one of them and the bulb is a clear 194 wedge. I went to Auto Zone and they don't sell a 194 Red bulb. All I can find on eBay is something like this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2-SUP...83283443QQrdZ1

That's fine, but I don't care if the bulbs are "twice as bright" or "super" or an LED. I just want a replacement red bulb.

Anybody know where I can get a regular red bulb?

EDIT: Just found this:

http://www.lightlens.com/coloredbulb...FRVQUAodGnlGEQ

What's a Japanese "No Fade" bulb? American bulbs fade and Japanese bulbs don't? Bill?

I don't want no Japanese bulbs in my American car!
Old 2/13/07, 07:21 PM

... I never did like the tube just "pointing" at the air filter.
Tom doesn't like my set-up.

Bill- While I agree the "bathtub" is a bit of an eyesore not having the duct really cleans up the engine bay. I wonder If SHR would be willing to make some sort of cheap one off cover for me???
I highly doubt SHR would make one for you. But, CDC might!

Originally Posted by pville piper
Hey Bill... it looks like your (radar) mounting position is the best it can be to pickup both front and rear radar.
Yes sir! That's why I settled on its present mounting location. Besides, the mount I have looks totally cool.

What's a Japanese "No Fade" bulb? American bulbs fade and Japanese bulbs don't? Bill?

I don't want no Japanese bulbs in my American car!
Guess American bulbs fade over time and Japanese bulbs are bright up until they die... you know, sort of like brains.

btw- I'll take the J-bulbs in my car over Nitto, Yokohama, and the like tires!

Quick Reply: Ponies on The Run (Again)