General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Ponies on The Run (Again)

Search this Thread

Old 2/9/07, 02:27 PM
GTR Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm sending my NEW strut tower covers back because of a paint-match issue (they are off just a hair, but it's pretty noticeable in person). They are replacing them for free, and they are going to send the $99 radiator covers along with them so I'll have them in time for the Fun Ford Weekend on March 3rd and 4th (two car shows, two days back-to-back = 4 trophies ).
Old 2/9/07, 02:31 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by 89Trooper
I'm sending my NEW strut tower covers back because of a paint-match issue (they are off just a hair, but it's pretty noticeable in person). They are replacing them for free, and they are going to send the $99 radiator covers along with them so I'll have them in time for the Fun Ford Weekend on March 3rd and 4th (two car shows, two days back-to-back = 4 trophies ).
A little cocky aren't we.
Old 2/9/07, 02:32 PM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
You can't miss this post, Bill:
I saw it..was confused at the time. I'm all better now.

Originally Posted by LEO_06GT
Added ***MWAG just updated their site well kind of...
Still no mention on the plug. You see, another classic case of a not having a thorough R&D. This is what we've been telling them all along, research the problems and issues on a variety of cars, not just their test mule. You figured they would've learned by now.

Sometimes it's just too much. The hard part is figuring out where to draw that line ---------------------.
Not too hard. Just post your thoughts here and we'll shoot straight from the hip.
Old 2/9/07, 02:35 PM

I'm sending my NEW strut tower covers back because of a paint-match issue..
I bet MWAG thinks that TMS'ers are a bunch of nit-picking cry babies and want stuff for free!!

Not directed at you specifically, Tom. More to everyone here, me included!
Old 2/9/07, 02:44 PM
GTR Member

No... confidant. And, = I'm not 100% serious. Should I have put ?

Originally Posted by TacoBill
Still no mention on the plug. You see, another classic case of a not having a thorough R&D. This is what we've been telling them all along, research the problems and issues on a variety of cars, not just their test mule. You figured they would've learned by now.
They are aware of the need for a plug. I don't mind the hole being in the cover. If I trade the car in down the road and want to sell the covers, they'll work on anybody's car. It doesn't look bad... it's still going around something.

I bet MWAG thinks that TMS'ers are a bunch of nit-picking cry babies and want stuff for free!!

Not directed at you specifically, Tom. More to everyone here, me included!
I talked to Dan at MWAG and he completely understands. No problem at all.
Old 2/9/07, 03:05 PM

4 Trophies? Are you bringing along the 89? How many Classes are you entering?

They are aware of the need for a plug. I don't mind the hole being in the cover. If I trade the car in down the road and want to sell the covers, they'll work on anybody's car. It doesn't look bad... it's still going around something.
Yes, I know thay are now aware of the plug. Point was they weren't aware of it during the R&D stage. Thus, could have offered a plug/cap from the get-go at launch.

I talked to Dan at MWAG and he completely understands. No problem at all.
ck e/m.
Old 2/9/07, 03:26 PM
GTR Member

4 Trophies? Are you bringing along the 89? How many Classes are you entering?
Yes, both days. 2 classes each day. It's 2 totally different car shows... 1 on Sat and 1 on Sun, and there's trophies awarded each day - or so I gather from what I'm hearing and reading.

Yes, I know thay are now aware of the plug. Point was they weren't aware of it during the R&D stage. Thus, could have offered a plug/cap from the get-go at launch.
They may have been aware. They never said, "oh, crap, we forgot about having a plug". They just said a plug would be available for those who removed the prop rod.
Old 2/9/07, 04:46 PM
GTR Member

The BMR radiator support arrived a little while ago. The texture and finish is absolutely beautiful! Too bad nobody ever sees it. It comes in Black Hammertone (color sample) now instead of red - which is good in case somebody did catch a glimpse of it. It is still available in red, Bill, if you do get this and wanted it red.

Will have pics tomorrow.
Old 2/9/07, 07:45 PM

They may have been aware. They never said, "oh, crap, we forgot about having a plug". They just said a plug would be available for those who removed the prop rod.
Disagree. I believe they weren't aware because their test vehicle used the prop as well as the new cars at the local Dealer. They said during the strut cover debacle, they test fitted them on cars at the Dealership.
When MWAG said that a plug would be on the way, that means, "Oh crap! Lets hurry and make a plug for this thing ASAP!".

At least that's my interpretation on it.

The BMR radiator support arrived a little while ago. ... It's still available in red, Bill, if you do get this and wanted it red.

Will have pics tomorrow.
Looks nice! Looking forward to pics and write-up.
Start a new thread in the GT mod section and I'll hotlink it (pending the TacoBill approval ).
Old 2/10/07, 09:29 AM
GTR Member

Perfect representation of the weight difference between the stock radiator support and the BMR radiator support:

Attachment 19156 Piece of cake.

Attachment 19157 Hurry, Daddy!

Attachment 19158

Thank you to my helper for dragging herself away from Saturday morning cartoons. Thank goodness she could pause them on the DVR.

I never notice how messy my garage is until I see it in pictures... time to straighten up again!
Attached Thumbnails Ponies on The Run (Again)-p1010237.jpg   Ponies on The Run (Again)-p1010239.jpg   Ponies on The Run (Again)-p1010240.jpg  
Old 2/10/07, 09:52 AM

Thank you to my helper for dragging herself away from Saturday morning cartoons. Thank goodness she could pause them on the DVR.
Geez, Tom.. at least let her change out from her jammies!

Hope you're documenting all the steps for the write-up.
Old 2/10/07, 10:10 AM
GTR Member

Geez, Tom.. at least let her change out from her jammies!

Hope you're documenting all the steps for the write-up.
She didn't want to. Plus, I didn't have the time. See that jack stand that looks like it's under the middle of the car? Well, that's supporting the radiator from just falling out and onto the ground. Leo was correct in asking if someone had to hold the radiator when the support swap was made. The upper radiator supports prevent the radiator from going up, forward, back, left, and right... but not down. The jack stand supported it no problem, but I just wanted to get the new support in as quickly as possible.

Probably not as good as you.
Old 2/10/07, 10:15 AM

Press on!

Looking forward to the final pics.
Old 2/10/07, 10:19 AM
GTR Member

Press on!

Looking forward to the final pics.
While I'm under the car I'm also going to paint the crank pulley with the same paint I painted the rotors with. With that huge support gone, there is plenty of room.

Before:

Attachment 19159

This took longer than putting in the BMR support since I had to keep bumping the engine to get the pulley where I wanted it.

After:

Attachment 19168

It's blurry, but you can tell it's better than the before pic.
Attached Thumbnails Ponies on The Run (Again)-p1010225.jpg   Ponies on The Run (Again)-copy-p1010241.jpg  
Old 2/10/07, 03:32 PM
Bullitt Member

I never notice how messy my garage is until I see it in pictures... time to straighten up again!

Yea, looks like you have some extra parts in boxes you could get rid of.
Old 2/10/07, 04:14 PM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by matko
Yea, looks like you have some extra parts in boxes you could get rid of.
I know - stuff (exhausts) keeps coming in and piling up. I'm just going to start giving the stuff away.
Old 2/10/07, 05:07 PM
KdF
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
OK, so before I throw any ducketts , whats the real opinion of this , cuz I have been loking for something like this for quite a while............

http://www.agentfortyseven.com/restyling/gt_grill.html
Old 2/10/07, 05:29 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Hey guys just got back from the BumbleBee Cruise. It was alot of fun hanging out with fellow Black mustangs as well as a few TMS'ers (Brian,Richard and a few others). Without further ado here's the link to my gallery. Sorry the pic quality isn't that good since I took them with my dvd camcorder.
http://s36.photobucket.com/albums/e1...20Cruise%2007/
I took some video but have know idea how to get it off the DVD and onto the PC.

BTW-I finally got to see how a SHR decklid/ducktail combo looks on a black car and have decided It's not for me. I also saw a painted to match SHR fuel door and it looked pretty sweet.
----------------------------
Found this while on another forum last night. I wouldn't do it but doesn't look to bad.
http://forums.stangnet.com/showthread.php?t=685364

Originally Posted by KdF
OK, so before I throw any ducketts , whats the real opinion of this , cuz I have been loking for something like this for quite a while............

http://www.agentfortyseven.com/restyling/gt_grill.html
Looks cheap and I don't like the fact they put that stupid bat in the center. Sorry JMO. Remember you asked for an honest opinion.
Old 2/10/07, 05:33 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Tom-How long did it take you to install the BMR rad support delete??
I'm still waiting on pics.
Old 2/10/07, 05:43 PM
KdF
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I was thinking the same thing about the bat thingie. Cheesey.

I`d definatly get one without that.

Quick Reply: Ponies on The Run (Again)