Old 2/4/07, 12:35 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 89Trooper
hahah... you beat me to it!
Old 2/4/07, 12:36 PM
GTR Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah... that one is like a brochure picture for Ford!
Old 2/4/07, 12:38 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yeah... that one is like a brochure picture for Ford!
I removed the telephone pole in Photoshop for a poster I'm making. Much cleaner that way.
Old 2/4/07, 02:31 PM
GTR Member

I'm ordering the BMR Sway Bar Delete kit. Basically, I paid $20 for my indecisiveness - it was just $149.95 a little while ago. I guess it's becoming a very popular mod for the drag racers and the non-drag racers, alike.

I know I don't need it, but now that I know for a fact that the sway bar isn't needed for everyday driving, I can't stand the thought of a huge, bulky, heavy radiator support mounted to the front of my car when it isn't needed any more.

I searched for 'bmr swaybar delete mustang' on Google and my signature is the 5th main item on the list!
Old 2/4/07, 03:09 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Brain-The car looks great with the new springs.

Bill-Nice vids.

Tom-Here's the only place I found them at.
http://www.mrbodykit.com/lights/05mustanglights.htm $49

I think I might follow the crowd and adjust my sig.
Old 2/4/07, 03:20 PM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by LEO_06GT
Brain-The car looks great with the new springs.

Bill-Nice vids.

Tom-Here's the only place I found them at.
http://www.mrbodykit.com/lights/05mustanglights.htm $49

Glad I searched here, first:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/05-07...spagenameZWDVW

Ordered! Wondering if I need bulbs now? If the bulbs inside are clear, they obviously won't light up red now.

I just went out to check what bulbs were in there. I hope those suckers just pop out from the outside - I can't even see them when looking under the bumper! Perhaps I should have checked before buying them.

EDIT: I just sent a PM to a guy that has them to ask about removal/installation, and about the bulbs.
Old 2/4/07, 03:47 PM
GTR Member

D A M M I T - now I want to change my front corner lenses to the ones with the black housings. They really will match the headlights better.

Leo - I know you want to do this, too!

Should I swap them, or just leave them alone now that the rear side markers will be just clear? I don't care about the cost - they're $89 and I'll sell my clear ones on eBay and make most of the money back.

So, should I match the headlights? or match the rear side markers?

Do I sound like Leo?
Old 2/4/07, 09:19 PM
Legacy TMS Member

I vote for the black housing. Good thing you checked ebay for the side markers. The price difference is outrageous. So when does your BMR rad delete arrive??
Old 2/5/07, 06:57 AM
GTR Member

I vote for the black housing. Good thing you checked ebay for the side markers. The price difference is outrageous. So when does your BMR rad delete arrive??
Yes, it's a big price difference, and it looks like the identical reflector.

The 'coming soon' means I didn't order it, yet. But, if I get a chance here at work today, I'm going to order it.

Of course, I'll do a write-up with pics in case you or Bill want to do it in the future, but it seems very, very easy.
Old 2/5/07, 07:37 AM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Ray Man
I removed the telephone pole in Photoshop for a poster I'm making. Much cleaner that way.
I agree with Tom, great looking pic! Should be a poster.

Dang, I have to get me a digital SLR one of these days. Maybe after my gears and DVD deck.

Bill-Nice vids.

Thanks Leo. Sort of boring, but I guess its better than nothing.

I see your updated sig. Shaker an 'appearance mod'? Tom?
Leo, if you claim (like me) the Shaker is 99% appearance and 1% performance, it should qualify to be moved into the other mod list.

Ordered! Wondering if I need bulbs now? If the bulbs inside are clear, they obviously won't light up red now.

EDIT: I just sent a PM to a guy that has them to ask about removal/installation, and about the bulbs.
Should look good on your car. Clears definetely look better on some colors more than others.

Isn't the bulb install/removal covered in the service manual?

Of course, I'll do a write-up with pics in case you or Bill want to do it in the future, but it seems very, very easy.
Do a write-up for sure. I did a write-up for the MWAG mirror covers which is probably easier to install than the marker lights.
Old 2/5/07, 07:56 AM

Leo & Daryl, Chris' XBox 360 has died from the Red Rings of Death.

It's 7 weeks out of warranty, so now I'm out $139.90 (plus shipping) for repair/replacement fee!

So, if you guys purchased yours at launch, don't be surprised if you get the 3 red rings. Apparently, it happens to most 1st Generation units, eventually. See for yourself.

Yes I know, not really Mustang related, but this is...

Old 2/5/07, 08:03 AM
GTR Member

Isn't the bulb install/removal covered in the service manual?
I'll have to check. I think the reflector pops out from the outside, but I don't want to do it to check the bulb color until I'm ready for the swap.

Do a write-up for sure. I did a write-up for the MWAG mirror covers which is probably easier to install than the marker lights.
I'll do one for the reflectors, too, but I was talking about the sway bar delete kit.
Old 2/5/07, 10:21 AM

I'll do one for the reflectors, too, but I was talking about the sway bar delete kit.
Yeah, do them both. I know people will be interested in how the sway bar delete kit gets installed.
Old 2/5/07, 12:55 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Yes, it's a big price difference, and it looks like the identical reflector.

The 'coming soon' means I didn't order it, yet. But, if I get a chance here at work today, I'm going to order it.

I've already got the smoked tint on my side markers since I'm trying to get them to blend with the black. I think the clear side markers is only an option for light colored cars.

Bill-I got lucky and had to send my 360 in a while back for other problems and they ended up sending me a new one so I should be alright.

The MWAG covers got here today. Looks like I'm going to have to send mine back because one of them had some scratches. Don't worry Bill I'll get yours to you this weekend. After seeing them in person I have to say they're not that bad although the orginals will always look better IMO.

Got my "spacers" put in today. For those of you that don't know I'm getting braces. Don't worry I'll post a pic of my "grill" once I got the braces on. I'll ask the Doc for a write-up.
Old 2/5/07, 01:01 PM

The MWAG covers got here today. Looks like I'm going to have to send mine back because one of them had some scratches. Don't worry Bill I'll get yours to you this weekend. After seeing them in person I have to say they're not that bad although the orginals will always look better IMO.
Leo, you definetely pi$$ed someone off at MWAG!

Looking forward to seeing mine!

Any notice enclosed about returning of the old ones?
Old 2/5/07, 02:02 PM
Cobra Member

Well I backed out of the Steeda shifter deal with Marcello. I agonized about it yesterday and re-read the MGW post and looked at the videos of the shifter in action and I am convinced that the MGW will be better for what I want and that it solves most of the issues with the shifter without bringing any new issues to the table. Time will tell but that is what I am going to do. Just hard to let it go because I won't find a better price on a Steeda shifter and I really want to dump the stock one.
Old 2/5/07, 02:17 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by TacoBill
Leo, you definetely pi$$ed someone off at MWAG!

Looking forward to seeing mine!

Any notice enclosed about returning of the old ones?
I guess so. It's not my fault I like to voice my opinion. No biggie I'm sure the replacements will be here before April so it's not a big deal. I looked in your box and mine and there wasn't any return slip. FYI-Your covers seem to be OK no visible scratches or defects.

Originally Posted by pville piper
Well I backed out of the Steeda shifter deal with Marcello. I agonized about it yesterday and re-read the MGW post and looked at the videos of the shifter in action and I am convinced that the MGW will be better for what I want and that it solves most of the issues with the shifter without bringing any new issues to the table. Time will tell but that is what I am going to do. Just hard to let it go because I won't find a better price on a Steeda shifter and I really want to dump the stock one.
Don't sweat it the MGW shifter looks like a better product than the Steeda shifter. If I had a stick shift I'd wait for the MGW product.
Old 2/5/07, 02:54 PM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by pville piper
Have you ever driven a pre-'05 stick shift Mustang? Our stock shifters are so, so , SO much better than previous years. It feels to me that we already have an aftermarket shifter installed. Put it this way... our stock shifters are better than ANY aftermarket shifter for 2004 Mustangs and earlier. They have a shorter throw, and are much less mushier.

I guess I'm wondering why you want to get rid of the stock one so bad.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Ponies on The Run (Again)