General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Ponies on The Run (Again)

Search this Thread

Old 1/9/07, 02:00 PM
GTR Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Boltzman
Looks 100% better w/tint Tom How does it look close up around the bubbly area where the pony is by rearview mirror?
Thanks! And thanks for all the other compliments. Do you mean the area with all the dots? Those areas are always hard to tint, but it turned out much better than any other car with those dots. I put it in the sun right away and kept pressing on that area with my finger to help it stick better.

Originally Posted by TacoBill
I think I know why Tom hasn't been on TMS for a couple days.

He's in big trouble.... suspended.

Rumor is that the kid was wearing a Chevy t-shirt.
No..... it's because of my new job - started yesterday. I may have time at work once the learning process is over (who knows how long that will be - there's a lot to learn).

Originally Posted by LEO_06GT
Good one Bill I saw that on the news a couple days ago. That's such BS it doesn't look like Tigger did anything at all. You can clearly see the kids screwing with him. I could understand them being angry if the kid was under 10.
It's come out now that the kid was tugging on the back of his head. You can't see out of those things that well and there's no way Tigger was aiming for the kid's head.
Old 1/9/07, 04:54 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Well now that the deal has gone through I'd thought I'd let everyone know I got my steeda ultralites from "65sohc" for $120 shipped. He's sold them because he switched to Eiback pros since he wanted a more pronouced drop. Eitherway I come out a winner saving a good amount. Wow I can't believe I'm down to only two mods what am I to do.
Old 1/9/07, 05:01 PM
Cobra Member

Well now that the deal has gone through I'd thought I'd let everyone know I got my steeda ultralites from "65sohc" for $120 shipped. He's sold them because he switched to Eiback pros since he wanted a more pronouced drop. Eitherway I come out a winner saving a good amount. Wow I can't believe I'm down to only two mods what am I to do.
Don't worry... You'll want more!
Old 1/9/07, 05:10 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by pville piper
Don't worry... You'll want more!
Oh I don't doubt it. I won't even say I'm done because I kow there's always something I can change out. Only mod that comes to mind is an Adj. panhard but that's only if my rearend's off center. Who know's I might be giving alot of my cash to BMR from now on.
Old 1/9/07, 07:48 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Well John just to prove how right you are I've already been considering a few things but wanted to get some opinions.

First thing I have in mind are some CMRC Delete Plates. Install looks fairly simple.
http://www.mustang50magazine.com/tec...rc_delete_kit/
Couple of questions though.
Would I have to swap these out along with my O/R H for smog checks?
What possible problems could arise from doing this mod.

Second thing I was planning on was LCA's.
Do I really need these after lowering the car?

I'm still in the deciding factor on both of these just want some input. Eitherway it won't be for atleast a month or two if I do decide to get these.

Any mod suggestions are welcome although I'm almost certain that I'm done with appearance mods unless somebody makes some new products that grab my attention. The only other appearance mod I'm considering is the SHR louvers and I'm waiting for customer pics and reviews before jumping on the band wagon.
Old 1/9/07, 08:05 PM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Chuck, the 2 quotes above mean that I like the Steeda covers.

This quote means that I don't like the new MWAG covers.

And, this is for you for thinking that I didn't like the Steeda covers...
OUCH.Thats gonna leave a mark Anyways sorry I mixed you up with someone else..My mind aint been right lately

I read on Steeda's site that Tokiko's wont fit with their ccovers.I was seriously thinking about Tokiko's I hope MGW does something with their design now.
Tom,whats your new job??
HOW ABOUT THOSE GATORS
Old 1/10/07, 09:00 AM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
... but that's only if my rearend's off center.
That my friend, sounds like a personal problem.

Seriously, with the Ultralite's mild drop of 1" at the rear, I doubt it'll be noticable. Go take a measurement now and see if it's even equal from left ot right.

First thing I have in mind are some CMRC Delete Plates.

Second thing I was planning on was LCA's.
Do I really need these after lowering the car?
One of by buddies has the Charge Motion Plates. It sounds wierd. When first started, the rpm's go up and down for about a minute. As to whether or not you can feel the difference in power, I have no idea. I'll e-mail him today on his thoughts about them.

On the LCA's, I have no issues with wheel hop after the Ultralite drop. So LCA's may not be necessary.

Originally Posted by Boltzman
OUCH.Thats gonna leave a mark Anyways sorry I mixed you up with someone else..My mind aint been right lately
I'm going to hold out until I see the final release version from MWAG before making my decision on the Steeda covers.

Chuck, take two swigs in the morning and all will be good!
Old 1/10/07, 09:12 AM
Team Mustang Source

leo, are you going to install the springs yourself ?
Old 1/10/07, 12:47 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Bill-
Seriously, with the Ultralite's mild drop of 1" at the rear, I doubt it'll be noticable. Go take a measurement now and see if it's even equal from left ot right.

Your probably right I was just stating possinble future mods. One question I did have though since I'm buying the springs used will there still be that "settling" period.

One of by buddies has the Charge Motion Plates. It sounds wierd. When first started, the rpm's go up and down for about a minute. As to whether or not you can feel the difference in power, I have no idea. I'll e-mail him today on his thoughts about them.

I have a friend from my club who also a TMS member (Osiris) that says they're great. I don't remember his having any wierd sounds. I'll have to ask him about that.

On the LCA's, I have no issues with wheel hop after the Ultralite drop. So LCA's may not be necessary.

Got it. Once again just me brainstorming.

I'm going to hold out until I see the final release version from MWAG before making my decision on the Steeda covers.

Got a call from Dan at MWAG today and was told that other than the logo area being texturted the look was set. I told him people didn't like the look but he said that was the best solution they came up with. Maybe if alot of people call in and complain they'll change it.

BTW he also told me that the Battery cover would probably be out by the end of Feb. One more little tidbit he told me was they were planning on releasing covers that extended from the ends of the radiator cover to the ends of the headlamps. He said they planned on having pics posted by the end of the week.

Brian

Yes but with the help of Bill and Kevin.
Old 1/10/07, 12:58 PM
GTR Member

Ummm...kind of. I'm planning on doing the rears and then probably paying a shop to do the fronts.
I would never pay a shop to do ****. The front springs are easy. You can even take apart the bearing assemblies (also very easy to do) and re-grease the crap out of them. Mine were rough sounding when I put pressure on them and rotated them (imagine the pressure the spings put on them). After packing them with hi-temp grease, they spun beautifully.
Old 1/10/07, 01:04 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by 89Trooper
Ummm...kind of. I'm planning on doing the rears and then probably paying a shop to do the fronts.
I would never pay a shop to do ****. The front springs are easy. You can even take apart the bearing assemblies (also very easy to do) and re-grease the crap out of them. Mine were rough sounding when I put pressure on them and rotated them (imagine the pressure the spings put on them). After packing them with hi-temp grease, they spun beautifully.
I'm sure your editing as I type but oh well. As you can see I've edited my post above thanks to Bill and Kevins generousity.
Old 1/10/07, 01:26 PM
Team Mustang Source

I'd be really interested in the install. I've gotten a quote for 550 out the door from a dealer/SVT shop here that I have used in the past, for my dad's truck not my car. That's 250 for the springs and then another 3 bills for the install and alignment...

I'd rather save the 300 bucks for other stuff but am a little hesitant to change the fronts myself. I am pretty mechanical so I know I could do it.

Then again, would there be a warranty problem if I do it vs the dealer ??? My car is new enough that I'm more scared to trash the warranty than anything else
Old 1/10/07, 01:34 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Check out Bill's write-ups.That's the main reason I'm going to attempt to do the rears.
Old 1/10/07, 01:45 PM
GTR Member

I even aligned it myself... camber and toe. Caster doesn't change...
Old 1/10/07, 01:50 PM

(Charge Motion Plates) I have a friend from my club who also a TMS member (Osiris) that says they're great. I don't remember his having any wierd sounds. I'll have to ask him about that.
Sorry Leo, word from my friend is, and I quote, "Absolute waste of time and money! Also has issues to deal with." (I'll ask him to elaborate)

Now consider this, my friend is an 'old time' racer and is no stranger to fast cars. His current 05 GT has several performance mods; he's the one with the 4.10's.
Old 1/10/07, 02:04 PM

One question I did have though since I'm buying the springs used will there still be that "settling" period.

BTW he also told me that the Battery cover would probably be out by the end of Feb.

Yes but with the help of Bill and Kevin.
Since the springs are used, I would expect all the settling to be done.

Ahh, good thing you reminded me about the battery cover. I'll have to shoot Dan an e-mail soon about obtaining an evaluation cover.

I'll try and get the spring compressor... will keep you updated.

Originally Posted by habu
... That's 250 for the springs and then another 3 bills for the install and alignment...

... would there be a warranty problem if I do it vs the dealer ???
Wow! $330 for labor? Actually that sounds about right, that's around what I was quoted when I asked about it.

Regardless, I would save the cash and do it right myself. Remember Brian, no one will take as much care working on your car as you will.

Check out Bill's write-ups.That's the main reason I'm going to attempt to do the rears.
Stop it, Leo... you're making me blush.
Old 1/10/07, 02:13 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Sorry Leo, word from my friend is, and I quote, "Absolute waste of time and money! Also has issues to deal with." (I'll ask him to elaborate)

Now consider this, my friend is an 'old time' racer and is no stranger to fast cars. His current 05 GT has several performance mods; he's the one with the 4.10's.
Tell your friend thanks for saving me $100.

Since the springs are used, I would expect all the settling to be done.

Ahh, good thing you reminded me about the battery cover. I'll have to shoot Dan an e-mail soon about obtaining an evaluation cover.

I'll try and get the spring compressor... will keep you updated.

Stop it, Leo... you're making me blush.

Sounds good make sure you get 2 eval covers.
Old 1/10/07, 02:21 PM
GTR Member

Sounds good make sure you get 2 eval covers.
Just 2, Leo? Why, you don't want one?
Old 1/10/07, 02:31 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

That's the main reason I'm going to attempt to do the rears.
Another reason men should not attend JT concerts; they come back making comments like that.
Old 1/10/07, 02:44 PM

Tell your friend thanks for saving me $100.
Here's the icing on the cake..

(My friend's reply...)
No increase in hp. The engine revs by itself when you first start it.
It requires a special tune.
I stopped for a burger at McDonald's one day with the new exhaust. While I was enjoying my grease sandwich, a CHP pulled in right next
to me. I finished first and had to start the car. The car sounds like the driver is goosing the throttle up and down to about 1700 rpm. I quickly got out-a-there!
There are no benefits unless you go with a power adder and then minimal.
Take my advice, if he is looking to hop it up, go with a power adder.
Most everything else will be a waste of money.

Quick Reply: Ponies on The Run (Again)