General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Ponies on The Run (Again)

Old 12/31/06, 01:56 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by flashfearless
CDC Chaker topic...

I was talking to Fred of Evolution Performance and he was saying that the big drawback to going the CDC shaker route is that you can't modify your air intake then. Not to mention that his dyno numbers show zero net gain in HP...
Have you not seen Bill's and my shaker setup we both have K&N intakes. Not only that but there are several people that have C&L's as well as JLT with shakers. As far as the performance part goes everyone knows there's no added performance. Everyone that gets a shaker does it for looks. I know I did. So maybe you and Fred should do a little more research.

Maybe it's just me but it seems everytime you post something on this thread you always play the role of nay sayer. You seem to always have something negative or irrelevant to post.
Old 12/31/06, 02:03 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Hope everyone enjoys their New Years Eve.
Old 12/31/06, 03:14 PM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
I was talking to Fred of Evolution Performance and he was saying that the big drawback to going the CDC shaker route is that you can't modify your air intake then. Not to mention that his dyno numbers show zero net gain in HP...
Can't modify the intake? In what way?
It's been common knowledge here (in TMS) that the Shaker is an appearance mod (although it does suck air, right Tom?).

Originally Posted by LEO_06GT
Maybe it's just me but it seems everytime you post something on this thread you always play the role of nay sayer. You seem to always have something negative or irrelevant to post.
Old 12/31/06, 03:49 PM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by TacoBill
It's been common knowledge here (in TMS) that the Shaker is an appearance mod (although it does suck air, right Tom?).
Yes, it does suck air (but only if you leave the stock airbox). And I still say it pulls harder in 3rd gear than it used to pre-Shaker: just imagine at WOT in 3rd gear near 80 MPH the amount of air rushing/sucking into the scoop.
Old 12/31/06, 08:55 PM

Originally Posted by 89Trooper
... just imagine at WOT in 3rd gear near 80 MPH the amount of air rushing/sucking into the scoop.
Wow, that almost sounds erotic.
Old 12/31/06, 10:32 PM
Cobra Member

Hope everyone enjoys their New Years Eve.
Slainte. Here's tae ye! Have a happy new year!
Old 12/31/06, 11:03 PM
GTR Member

HAPPY NEW YEAR! At least on the east coast!
Old 1/1/07, 01:09 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Old 1/1/07, 01:56 AM
KdF
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My first post of 2007.

Have a great day off y`all...........I have to go to work in a hour.

Crud.
Old 1/1/07, 07:24 AM
Mach 1 Member

You might get that impression, but I am just on a fact finding mission. Trying to bounce comments off of people to see which mod is for me. I was thinking of dumping the stock box, but Fred tells me why he doesn't like the CDC, so I figure I ask folks who have CDCs...I'm no gear head, so it takes me a bit more research to decide what I want. Relax...

I enjoy all of your rides...
Old 1/1/07, 08:25 AM

Happy New Year everyone!

Any New Year 'Mustang' resolutions?

I have one... DRIVE IT MORE!
Old 1/1/07, 08:45 AM

Relax...

Hey Alan, it's all good. Leo is very proud of his ride (and mods) and if it comes across as a negative comment... look out!

Perhaps Fred (from Evo) didn't take into account that the forced air gains only occur when the vehicle is traveling up on the velocity curve. Guess the only way to know for sure is to run it thru the gears and capture the data logged info on a stock GT (baseline), then install the Shaker system and repeat the test.

I think we can agree on one thing, the CDC Shaker does provide additional airflow to the intake where as a non-functional scoop provides zero.

Thanks for the compliment too.
Old 1/1/07, 08:49 AM
GTR Member

Did you see my last post about the Shaker, Alan? You didn't comment on it...

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showpo...postcount=5244

Going to show that to Fred?
Old 1/1/07, 02:16 PM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by KdF
Have a great day off y`all...........
Day off? I wish... I'm at work now...
Old 1/1/07, 03:12 PM
Legacy TMS Member

You might get that impression, but I am just on a fact finding mission. Trying to bounce comments off of people to see which mod is for me. I was thinking of dumping the stock box, but Fred tells me why he doesn't like the CDC, so I figure I ask folks who have CDCs...I'm no gear head, so it takes me a bit more research to decide what I want. Relax...

Thanks. I guess it's just your writing style. It makes you come off as an _____. If in fact your just trying to see what mods are good for you there's better ways to go about it.

Bill- My New Years "Mustang" Resolution is to get more mods.
Old 1/1/07, 03:41 PM
Legacy TMS Member

As you all know I'll be painting my calipers this week and wanted an opinion on a little extra touch I'm planning on adding. I'm considering odering these pony decals from http://www.xenonmods.com/. For you lazy ones here's a pic from their site.

So my question is should I get these or not? They also come with a "Mustang" text which I'm not to sure about. So here are the voting options:
1) No decals
2) Pony only
3) Pony & "Mustang" text

Assuming you guys vote yes here's a few color options (for decals) to vote on:
FYI the calipers will be painted black.
1)Red
2)White
3)Metallic silver
4)Brushed aluminum
Old 1/1/07, 03:47 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just my .02... I'd have to see the Mustang text, but off the top I'd say neither. Are you doing yours in Black ?...
Old 1/1/07, 04:12 PM
Legacy TMS Member

I'm only considering the mustang text because it comes as part of the decal set. I'm painting my caliper black to match the car and the hub on my rotors.
Old 1/1/07, 09:35 PM
Mach 1 Member

If in fact your just trying to see what mods are good for you there's better ways to go about it.
Lets see if I can stir up some more trouble. I was looking at a very nice DVD today packaged in the recent MMFF magazine on simple bolt on modifications and their impact to your S197. They illustrated just some of the obvious problems with the stock air duct and airbox. One of points that they point out is that at high speeds, the plastic air duct will contract, thus restricting the air flow through the throttle body. And after seeing the air box removed, I have come to the conclusion that this is a mod that I should do sooner rather than later.

So it seems to me the way to go is with a C&L system. I notice that you guys like K&N. Is the connection to K&N in any way tied to your decision to go with the CDC Shaker? Or is it because K&N claims that you don't need a tune to go with the install?
Old 1/1/07, 11:00 PM
Legacy TMS Member

I went with the K&N for two reasons.

1) I bought it used from another TMS member for halfprice.
2) I didn't have or plan on a tune at the time.

If that situtation wouldn't have come up I don't really know if I would have gone with another intake or not. I've seen the shaker with both the and think it looks good either way. You can't really go wrong with either the C&L, JLT, or K&N there's only a few HP difference between them. I doubt you'd notice a performance difference unless you dynoed them.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Ponies on The Run (Again)