General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Ponies on The Run (Again)

Old 12/13/06, 08:31 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 89Trooper
Oh, yeah... I didn't notice you had 89P. I would get the 87P, too.
I'm a ****ing idiot, I did truly mean 87.

Hey I have a non-Mustang related question real quick.

WTH do they call the adapters that allow you to connect your notebook to the Internet regardless of where you are. Not just a regular 802.11a/b/g wireless adapter, these either use satellite or wireless phone and charge a monthly fee if I remember right.
Old 12/13/06, 08:42 AM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by OKCMustangGT
WTH do they call the adapters that allow you to connect your notebook to the Internet regardless of where you are. Not just a regular 802.11a/b/g wireless adapter, these either use satellite or wireless phone and charge a monthly fee if I remember right.
A wireless network card?
Shelby GT350 Member

I remember you guys talking about calling Doug to get the order placed and there were some things I was supposed to ask for. Something like having the tunes placed on a CD?
Please give me any and all tips that you might think I would find useful.
Thanks
Shelby GT350 Member

A wireless network card?
No that is not it.
This is different from a normal Network Card
Old 12/13/06, 08:44 AM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Air Cards
Old 12/13/06, 08:50 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by TacoBill
I think that is it, sounds right anyway.
Old 12/13/06, 10:32 AM
GT Member

How much of a retard am I???

Ya know, I have been working on cars for years now. I consider myself pretty handy when it comes to cars until yesturdays episode.
I was at a touchless car wash yesturday(They are awsome) Did a interior detail. As I drove away ,I turned on my driving lights and notice that my dash lights were not working. OH SH%$, I broke my car. I tried and tried to get the dash lights on, the lights on the radio were not even working. After about 10 minutes of freakin out I rushed over to my ford dealership, ran inside , and set up an appointment right away to look at the broken electrical system. One of the guys said, we can't have ya driving around with no instrumentation, so they took me in right away.
As I sat in the witing room, a ford guy comes in and stated he wanted to show me something.Oh No, this is gonna be bad !!!! He took me over to the car and showed me that I turned down the interior light dimmer when I was wiping down my dash. I NEVER EVER FELT SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO STUPID IN MY LIFE. They laughed and laughed. Lucky I know these guys or i would be mad that they laughed so hard.
Old 12/13/06, 10:34 AM
GT Member

Oh yeah

Have a great day guys. Putting the mustang away today for the winter
Old 12/13/06, 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by 2006muzzy
He took me over to the car and showed me that I turned down the interior light dimmer when I was wiping down my dash. I NEVER EVER FELT SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO STUPID IN MY LIFE.
Wow Tony, I would've never admitted to that!

Well, if it ever happens again, you'll know what to check first.

Almost forgot, this is for you...
Old 12/13/06, 01:06 PM
Cobra Member

I NEVER EVER FELT SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO STUPID IN MY LIFE. They laughed and laughed. Lucky I know these guys or i would be mad that they laughed so hard.
File this one under Operator Error and be glad!

This is sorta like the Maytag check list...
#1 is it plugged in?
#2 is there power at the plug
#3 is the units power on?
#4 is the units display power on?
#5 is an internal fuse/ circuit breaker blown?
you won't believe how many times this is the answer to your problems and how many times I have flow across this contry and end up playing Maytag repair man!
Old 12/13/06, 01:25 PM
Legacy TMS Member

That's awesome! I absolutely dig my 42" Panny.

Of course you know, the purchasing doesn't stop there. To get the most bang for the buck on a HD TV, you'll need at the minimum an Upconvert DVD Player (I have this one) or at a premium, a HD DVD (or Blue Ray) Player.

And don't forget about buying a HDMI cable to hook it up with (or at the minimum, an analog component cable).

You'll also need to upgrade your cable or satellite receiver to a HD receiver (in order to receive HD programming). Most all of these new HD receivers will utilize a HDMI cable or at least component cables (minimum requirement for HD).

Confused yet? Good! I was a couple weeks ago.

And to keep it Mustang releated, here's a 'cold start' video. It takes less than a minute for it to settle down to a 'quiet' idle. But before it does, it sounds euphoric.

video link
Bill, I'll just email you response as I don't want to go into on the forum since it's not car related.

I'm a ****ing idiot, I did truly mean 87.

Hey I have a non-Mustang related question real quick.

I saw Bill answered your question but I thought I'd throw in my .02. My friend has one of those from Verizon and he only pays $60 a month. It works great and of course the coolest part is you have internet wherever you go.

BTW-My rotors got here today. They're f-heavy. I opened them up and everything looks good. I'll probably be installing them sometime this weekend so Bill or Tom be prepared for some phone calls.
Old 12/13/06, 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by LEO_06GT
BTW-My rotors got here today. They're f-heavy. I opened them up and everything looks good. I'll probably be installing them sometime this weekend so Bill or Tom be prepared for some phone calls.
My Technical Support phone rate is $20 per hour. Not sure what Tom charges.
Old 12/13/06, 02:55 PM
GTR Member

Adams Spray
Old 12/13/06, 03:51 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Tom you order the Steeda Shocks/Struts yet ?
Old 12/13/06, 04:10 PM
GTR Member

Tom you order the Steeda Shocks/Struts yet ?
I'll be calling tomorrow.
Old 12/13/06, 08:53 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Adams Spray
I'll keep that in mind.
Old 12/13/06, 09:03 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts
Ya know, I have been working on cars for years now. I consider myself pretty handy when it comes to cars until yesturdays episode.
I was at a touchless car wash yesturday(They are awsome) Did a interior detail. As I drove away ,I turned on my driving lights and notice that my dash lights were not working. OH SH%$, I broke my car. I tried and tried to get the dash lights on, the lights on the radio were not even working. After about 10 minutes of freakin out I rushed over to my ford dealership, ran inside , and set up an appointment right away to look at the broken electrical system. One of the guys said, we can't have ya driving around with no instrumentation, so they took me in right away.
As I sat in the witing room, a ford guy comes in and stated he wanted to show me something.Oh No, this is gonna be bad !!!! He took me over to the car and showed me that I turned down the interior light dimmer when I was wiping down my dash. I NEVER EVER FELT SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO STUPID IN MY LIFE. They laughed and laughed. Lucky I know these guys or i would be mad that they laughed so hard.
If you were as scared of dealerships as I am, you would have taken it home for a couple of hours and you would have figured it out.
Old 12/14/06, 05:50 AM
Cobra Member

Call me... I live in Alabama and our rates are always cheaper than those big city boys!
Old 12/15/06, 03:04 PM

I won the bid, Leo's coming over in the morning.

Stay tuned for his pics and report.
Old 12/15/06, 03:15 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My day was just made a whole lot better. Coming back to work from a late lunch and I set off my first car alarm in a parking structure

Not as cool as Bill's and I don't have video, but it made me laugh as I was driving away !! Heck I wasn't even trying. Not taking the cats off isn't making it easy.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Ponies on The Run (Again)