General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Ponies on The Run (Again)

Search this Thread

Old 5/11/06, 04:35 PM
GTR Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OK, and I guess I'll just use the standard "outside of the spring" spring compressors that everybody else uses for coil-over springs.

I also asked in the email if there was a 555-8206 install sheet.
Old 5/11/06, 05:30 PM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 89Trooper
OK, and I guess I'll just use the standard "outside of the spring" spring compressors that everybody else uses for coil-over springs.

I also asked in the email if there was a 555-8206 install sheet.
I just looked at what instruction sheet they gave me, same as yours, for the 555-8215 & 555-8216.
I bet they're going to say to use the one provided. ... exactly what I thought. Thank God for TMS (isn't this how we ALL get the real scoop on things?).
Old 5/11/06, 05:42 PM

Okay, here's my keychain.
Attached Thumbnails Ponies on The Run (Again)-img_8102.jpg  
Old 5/12/06, 10:02 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

I dropped my car off at approximately 7:30 at the dealership for the sail and weatherstripping replacement.
Got a call at 10:20 that is was ready. Was very happy about how little time it took.
I have definitely got these guys knowing how particular I am about the car, there was not a spec of dirt and they only put 2/10Th's of a mile on it. I'm happy about that
Had bad dreams about getting my car with 5 miles put on it and them claiming they had to drive it to test the replacement for leaks.
I have a 2:00 appointment with their tinters and they are installing the felt and charging it to the dealership. Once again that makes me happy, but you can bet your *** I will be watching that install.
On a sad note, I have somehow gotten my first scratch
A small one between the rear of the driver door and the wheel. I have no idea how it got there but I will see if my friends at the shop can buff her out.
Old 5/12/06, 10:26 AM
KdF
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Y`all have WAY too much time and Money!

Sorry bout the scratch Daryl...............
Old 5/12/06, 11:01 AM
GTR Member

Time & Money

Originally Posted by KdF
Y`all have WAY too much time and Money!
I could use more time (I can post a lot here because I can do it at work, too). As far as money, I think we are all about maxed out. However, I'll let stuff ride on my Capital One card (only 4.99%). I try to pay off what I charge, but I can let $1000 worth of parts ride for awhile at less than $5.00 per month while I pay it off. This way I can have the parts now instead of later. What's in your wallet?
Old 5/12/06, 11:05 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

I could use more time (I can post a lot here because I can do it at work, too). As far as money, I think we are all about maxed out. However, I'll let stuff ride on my Capital One card (only 4.99%). I try to pay off what I charge, but I can let $1000 worth of parts ride for awhile at less than $5.00 per month while I pay it off. This way I can have the parts now instead of later. What's in your wallet?
Ahh the evil credit card
I have avoided that route so far, hence the smaller current mods list.
Ditto on being able to post at work.
Old 5/12/06, 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by OKCMustangGT
On a sad note, I have somehow gotten my first scratch
A small one between the rear of the driver door and the wheel. I have no idea how it got there but I will see if my friends at the shop can buff her out.
It usually can be buffed out or at least to the point that it's so faint that you'll hardly notice it. Only the bad gouges that go through all the coats and primer will need some T/U paint.

Nevertheless, it's a bummer it got there.
Old 5/12/06, 11:11 AM

I could use more time (I can post a lot here because I can do it at work, too).

What's in your wallet?
Same here, I can post, read, research, spend money all from my desk.

(2) 20's, (1) 5, and (4) 1's... I'm rich!
Old 5/12/06, 11:24 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by TacoBill
(2) 20's, (1) 5, and (4) 1's... I'm rich!
What did you spend the $1 on ?
Old 5/12/06, 12:14 PM

What did you spend the $1 on ?
Very good!
I broke my 10 lastnight buying a grad card for my Niece (had change for the tax).
Old 5/12/06, 02:16 PM
GTR Member

Ahh the evil credit card
It's not that evil if you have control. I would rather get everything at one time and send a payment for a few months, than save for a few months and then buy. Kinda like the rims, rotors, and springs deal.
Old 5/12/06, 02:41 PM
KdF
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have thought long and hard about MOD`s.
No-one thought much of the "Bra" idea. Kinda scared me .... see?
I thought of stripes , but unless you spend big <here`s that Money thing again> , you get vinyl <sp> and it`s good for about 8 years only. I blew it off.
I like the stock rims , tires are ok , as long as they have some meat on `em. <Can`t stand low profile tires>
Don`t much care for "Billit" stuff , as I ordered mine with a black dash , so I would have as little glare inside as possible. It has no chrome bumpers or trim , so chrome accessories on the outside look cheap to me. I shore do like the Idea of a Blower tho , but thats another $6 k. Maybe after 2 years when I pay it off.
OTher than the Zaino , tint and the car-cover , looks like stock fer me.
Old 5/12/06, 02:56 PM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by KdF
I have thought long and hard about MOD`s.
No-one thought much of the "Bra" idea. Kinda scared me .... see?
I thought of stripes , but unless you spend big <here`s that Money thing again> , you get vinyl <sp> and it`s good for about 8 years only. I blew it off.
I like the stock rims , tires are ok , as long as they have some meat on `em. <Can`t stand low profile tires>
Don`t much care for "Billit" stuff , as I ordered mine with a black dash , so I would have as little glare inside as possible. It has no chrome bumpers or trim , so chrome accessories on the outside look cheap to me. I shore do like the Idea of a Blower tho , but thats another $6 k. Maybe after 2 years when I pay it off.
OTher than the Zaino , tint and the car-cover , looks like stock fer me.
Lower it! I'll be doing that next week.

Nothing is wrong with vinyl. Plus, if you start not liking the stripes, you can just take them off! Not as easy with paint.

How do you like my 18" aftermarket rims? They have the same amount of sidewall as Bill's stock rims:

Click here for more pics of the wheels on the car.

I'm with you on the chrome. But with the polished aluminum bullitts, some things go good with it (like the polished aluminum fuel door), plus you have the pony in the grille, and the fake fuel door in the rear.

You could get the Silverhorse Racing black-out panel for the rear. That really makes the rear-end look nice! See my signature for a pic.

Plus, you HAVE to get a shorty antenna (black if you don't like the chrome). I can give you a link to an eBay auction if you want one.

What about the Midwest plenum cover, or the body-matching mirror inserts (which really look nice)... again, see my sig for pics.
Old 5/12/06, 04:29 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Just got home from the Tinter. Holy crap is all I can say. Went to lunch at 1:00 got to tinter at 1:50 left there at 4:30
This tinter knew all about the 05+ Stangs, said he doesn't do one that he doesn't recommend they install the felt and tells them what happens if they don't, so that was a relief. Once they got in the shop it only took them about 30 minutes to do both side. Left the car spotless.
The window sills now look like it should have been from the factory. (Wake up FORD)
Best thing is it cost me NADA, going to cost Ford some cash though. He said they charge $100 to install the felt
Picture of the inside FELT

A couple more here.

Just need to return to old tinter and get the front windows re-tinted and I will be done with this ordeal.
Old 5/12/06, 06:09 PM
GTR Member

I just got 15ft of velcro at Wal-Mart for about $15. I'll be taking the car to a new place I found. I've seen some of the work they do and it looks great. When I get it home, I'll pull the doors out like in Bill's pics, prep the area for the felt, and install it. Then before the windows go down even 1 time, the velcro will be there.
Old 5/12/06, 07:58 PM

How do you like my 18" aftermarket rims? They have the same amount of sidewall as Bill's stock rims:

...But with the polished aluminum bullitts, some things go good with it (like the polished aluminum fuel door), plus you have the pony in the grille, and the fake fuel door in the rear.
Wheels and tires look awesome! Now, about that wheel well gap... j/k, I know you're all over that one!

And thanks for backing up my mods!
Old 5/12/06, 08:38 PM

Sorry guys, I'm a couple days behind in posting my dead pedal location, but here it is.
You can see the ledge along the right side of the pedal and the distance to the kick panel.

Old 5/12/06, 08:38 PM
GTR Member

Throttle Recalibration

I just found this out in another forum and thought I would pass it on:

theres a way to 'recalibrate' the gas pedal/throttle servo:

turn key on without starting
wait for lights to go out
depress gas pedal to floor and release
turn off key

One guy said he got better throttle response after doing this.
Old 5/12/06, 08:41 PM

This tinter knew all about the 05+ Stangs...
Daryl- Glad you got that part taken care of. Bet it must be a big relief!

Quick Reply: Ponies on The Run (Again)