General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Ponies on The Run (Again)

Search this Thread

Old 11/30/06, 09:39 AM
KdF
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Two story`s today.

A wilst back y`all may remember I scarfed the Steeda CAI from the guy here "used" at a good price. I wanted to clean it cuz it was grey. I ordered a Steeda Cleaning kit from Hillbank Motors on the 17 of Oct. Never shipped. Around the 10th of Nov. I ordered one from Steeda itself. It came in a week ago , and Went to town cleaning the filter. Well....Way too much oil. This thing has leaked oil for a week. Finally took a hair-dryer to it for about a hour and I think I got all of the excess oil out. Least it hasn`t leaked for a day now. Wish they gave better directions for cleaning than :"Dont Over-oil Filter": How was I supposed to know , I sprayed it till it turned blue from a spray can!!!!?

Second thing is that today I ordered the OEM Ford Plenum cover from Ford directly. I noticed that my MidWest Plenum cover has warped in the middle. I also think the OEM looks much better as well. There went 140 ducketts.
Old 11/30/06, 10:46 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 89Trooper
Should be the same as the car feels now, but with 11 more pounds off the nose. The swaybar and end links weigh 15.5 pounds for a total of 26.5 pounds. If I do get it, I'll post pics of the cross-member change out.
Tom you have me considering this now.

Originally Posted by OKCMustangGT
You have to love it though, the first snow and school shuts down as well as daycare. I have my son at work with me and he is eating it up
That's the only thing I hated about going to school in Socal there was never any snowed in days.

Originally Posted by KdF
Two story`s today.

A wilst back y`all may remember I scarfed the Steeda CAI from the guy here "used" at a good price. I wanted to clean it cuz it was grey. I ordered a Steeda Cleaning kit from Hillbank Motors on the 17 of Oct. Never shipped. Around the 10th of Nov. I ordered one from Steeda itself. It came in a week ago , and Went to town cleaning the filter. Well....Way too much oil. This thing has leaked oil for a week. Finally took a hair-dryer to it for about a hour and I think I got all of the excess oil out. Least it hasn`t leaked for a day now. Wish they gave better directions for cleaning than :"Dont Over-oil Filter": How was I supposed to know , I sprayed it till it turned blue from a spray can!!!!?

Second thing is that today I ordered the OEM Ford Plenum cover from Ford directly. I noticed that my MidWest Plenum cover has warped in the middle. I also think the OEM looks much better as well. There went 140 ducketts.
Air filter debacle- All I can say better luck next time.
MWAG plenum cover- I would try and get a replacement from them. They're products shouldn't be warping in your engine bay.

----------------------------
I finally shipped the 04 wheels and tires of yesterday. Glad to be done with that it was such a pita. Hopefully this next set sells locally. There seems to be no interest for them on ebay.
Old 11/30/06, 01:38 PM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
I just bought one of those hidden amplified antennas like Leo's.

Next time I'm bored, I'll give it a shot at installing it. I was going to wait until I get my DVD/NAV head unit and do it all at once, but since I don't know when that'll be, I may as well install it now.

btw- I still haven't hooked up my external HD I got for my Birthday (STD,&L )... been too busy with other stuff. Now, I'm thinking about getting one of those upconvert DVD players... means more money flying out of my wallet.
Old 11/30/06, 02:48 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Hmmm....I smell an antenna write-up coming up. Yay finally I got Bill to spend some money. How's that for a change. I can't believe you still haven't hooked up your TV even though you took that whole day off work.
Old 11/30/06, 02:50 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Ughhhhhh it's been a whole week since my last mod and I'm going crazy not being able to get anything else. Dam holidays having to spend money on other people. Modding is such a terrible addiction.
Old 11/30/06, 04:52 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by metroplex
Did someone steal Bushmaster 25mm projectiles and weld them to lugnuts? They look nice!
I've seen those before and they cost waaaaaaaaaay too much money.
Old 11/30/06, 05:09 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by flashfearless
I've seen those before and they cost waaaaaaaaaay too much money.

$24.99 is to much money?
http://www.americanmuscle.com/verde-...-lug-nuts.html
Old 11/30/06, 05:35 PM
Mach 1 Member

WOW. Must have been through another site. I remember a guy on a shelby forum contemplating buying these for over $200...
Old 11/30/06, 09:03 PM
Legacy TMS Member

HMMMM.....Now that's stupid there's no way I'd pay over $200 for some lugnuts.
Old 12/1/06, 06:27 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by LEO_06GT
HMMMM.....Now that's stupid there's no way I'd pay over $200 for some lugnuts.
The only way I would pay that much for some are if they are attached to some really nice rims!
Great news, my GTA's are at the the local FedEX and should be delivered today... Just in time for a weekend installation!
Old 12/1/06, 06:53 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by pville piper
The only way I would pay that much for some are if they are attached to some really nice rims...
Well, if there was a few lap dances involved from the gals at Yellow Rose in Austin, TX, maybe... LOL...
Old 12/1/06, 07:16 AM
KdF
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well, if there was a few lap dances involved from the gals at Yellow Rose in Austin, TX, maybe... LOL...
Now Alan....how the hades do you know about the "Yellow Rose"?
Old 12/1/06, 07:22 AM

Yay, finally I got Bill to spend some money. How's that for a change.
I can't believe you still haven't hooked up your TV even though you took that whole day off work.
Yes, Leo, you finally made me spend some money!

I already hooked up the TV (same day I bought it). It's the external Hard Drive that's not out of the box yet.

$24.99 is too much money?
So, when will they be delivered?
Old 12/1/06, 11:50 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Yes, Leo, you finally made me spend some money!

I already hooked up the TV (same day I bought it). It's the external Hard Drive that's not out of the box yet.

OK I was wondering how you could possibly resist installing it.....What are you waiting for?

So, when will they be delivered?
Haven't ordered them yet since I'm not really sure I want them.
Old 12/1/06, 11:57 AM
Cobra Member

GTAs received today at 10:15 am... installed by 11:15 am and my test drive is complete.

At idle and cruising they are just a touch louder. Any pressure on the throttle and they immediately get louder and deeper. WOT is very nice. Overall, they have a deeper tone, the motor boat at idle is almost completely gone. I think the sound is more refined... more what a V-8 should be with out being too loud and waking the neighbors at 4 am.
I am very pleased with them. They are just what I was looking for.
Old 12/1/06, 11:58 AM
Legacy TMS Member

GTAs received today at 10:15 am... installed by 11:15 am and my test drive is complete.

At idle and cruising they are just a touch louder. Any pressure on the throttle and they immediately get louder and deeper. WOT is very nice. Overall, they have a deeper tone, the motor boat at idle is almost completely gone. I think the sound is more refined... more what a V-8 should be with out being too loud and waking the neighbors at 4 am.
I am very pleased with them. They are just what I was looking for.
Congrats I'm glad your happy with your purchase.
Old 12/1/06, 12:31 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by KdF
Now Alan....how the hades do you know about the "Yellow Rose"?
Certain business trip a long, long, time ago...
Old 12/1/06, 12:33 PM
Cobra Member

Mod number #1 in the books... And it feels real good too!
And now Stillen is talking about a possible group buy on the Tri -Axe... Could this be Mod #2...
Old 12/1/06, 01:16 PM

Good job! Doesn't the GT-H come with the GTA's?

Certain business trip a long, long, time ago...
Riiiight...
Old 12/1/06, 01:32 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Not sure if you guys have seen this thread or not.
http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showthread.php?t=57105

Quick Reply: Ponies on The Run (Again)