Ponies on The Run (Again)

Search this Thread

Old 11/25/06, 05:57 PM
GTR Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TacoBill
Doh!
I forgot to check that out.

Leo, do you recall how close the cats are to the frame?
It's probably something you won't notice unless you are looking for it. I was going back and forth between the H-Pipe to Header bolts slowly tightening them down per the Service Manual until I got to 33 lb-ft... I must have used the frame to slide myself over easier and noticed that my fingers didn't fit on one side. That's when I started examining it closer.

Leo, you can lay next to your car and reach under to see if your fingers fit between the cat and the frame when the engine is cold. I would guess that it's the same as my and Daryl's car - unless the cats are located differently for the slush-o-matic.
Old 11/25/06, 06:53 PM
GTR Member

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by 89Trooper
I just found this out in another forum and thought I would pass it on:

theres a way to 'recalibrate' the gas pedal/throttle servo:

turn key on without starting
wait for lights to go out
depress gas pedal to floor and release
turn off key

One guy said he got better throttle response after doing this.

Which key position should this occur? The one right before cranking, or the one right after the initial insertion of the key?
What lights have to go out?
Old 11/25/06, 08:29 PM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by metroplex
Which key position should this occur? The one right before cranking, or the one right after the initial insertion of the key?
What lights have to go out?
All the way right before cranking...
Wait for the indicator lights on the dash to go out. I guess some come on as a test to show the light is working, and then goes out. Like traction control, ABS, etc.
Old 11/25/06, 08:40 PM
GTR Member

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
I noticed the Check Engine light starts flashing and then stops flashing if I wait too long. Does that mean I waited too long?
Old 11/25/06, 09:52 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Tom- I'm sorry I have no Idea how much gap there was. I'll check for you on Monday and get back to you.
---------------
Just got back from Bill's B-Day. Sorry no pics although I'm sure he'll post some.

Highlights-

Bill was surprised.
His cake had a pic of his stang.
Surprised when I presented him with the card you guys sent him.
-------------------
After changing out my pipes at Bill's yesterday Bill and I installed my metra antenna. Here's a pic. For more pics of install click on my sig. I'll make a write up sometime this week.
Old 11/25/06, 10:34 PM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by metroplex
I noticed the Check Engine light starts flashing and then stops flashing if I wait too long. Does that mean I waited too long?
I'll have to check in the morning what mine does - I'll let you know.

Originally Posted by LEO_06GT
Tom- I'm sorry I have no Idea how much gap there was. I'll check for you on Monday and get back to you.
Just got back from Bill's B-Day. Sorry no pics although I'm sure he'll post some.
After changing out my pipes at Bill's yesterday Bill and I installed my metra antenna.
No rush about the gap - I know it's normal now - just curious about yours, too. No retaliation for the slush-o-matic remark? I'm disappointed...
Glad Bill was surprised! It was tough making sure we didn't include him in any of the secret PM's out of pure habit!
Antenna looks good - looks like quite a lot of work, though.
Old 11/26/06, 12:57 AM
Legacy TMS Member

No rush about the gap - I know it's normal now - just curious about yours, too. No retaliation for the slush-o-matic remark? I'm disappointed...Glad Bill was surprised! It was tough making sure we didn't include him in any of the secret PM's out of pure habit!
Antenna looks good - looks like quite a lot of work, though.
Didn't even catch your comment about the slush-o-matic but since you brought it to my attention.

The antenna install really only took about an hour. The only reason it to so long is because we had to look for a 12v source that wasn't a constant because the power plug constantly feeds from the battery. Looking at the pics I can see why it looks like a pita. I'm sure Daryl and Bill can vouch for how simple it is to remove the stereo head unit. BTW- I forgot to mention that the antenna works as good if not better than the factory flag pole.
Old 11/26/06, 01:05 AM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Highlights-
Bill was surprised.
His cake had a pic of his stang.
Surprised when I presented him with the card you guys sent him.
Glad Bill was surprised! It was tough making sure we didn't include him in any of the secret PM's out of pure habit!
Thanks guys! Pretty sneaky I must say. I'm surprised you guys didn't goof and add my name to the PM's by accident (I'm sure I would have!).

S, T, D, & L: Check e/m

Here's a pic of me and my Torch Red Cake!
Attached Thumbnails Ponies on The Run (Again)-bills-cake.jpg  
Old 11/26/06, 01:15 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Your welcome Bill. It's the least I could do for you after all you've done for me.
Old 11/26/06, 08:46 AM
Bullitt Member

Happy Birthday Bill!! Nice Shirt BTW
Old 11/26/06, 06:07 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Whew !! I did it. I put on the FRPP X-Pipe and Stingers plus the Hurst Shifter. Didn't take quite as long as I originally thought and taking a sawsall to my car had me pretty nervous.

Thoughts...
Exhaust : Much much deeper and not as loud as I thought. Of course I am still very impressed with the O/R H that Bill ( and Leo ?) has but I steered away from this for two reasons... I'm a daily driver and I don't have a tuner yet to turn off the CEL. Maybe later. Right now I'm loving the sound inside the car and out. It does feel like there is more power. At least it seemed easier to burnout, a lot easier. I haven't noticed any drone yet but I haven't hit the freeway yet.

Shifter : PITA to put in. Struggled and struggled with it until I was sure there is NO WAY it was going in and then.... it just went in. It much notchier (is that a even a word) than the OEM I might have the bolt from the bottom of the shifter to the shift linkage too tight. I thought I'd hate the height and the smaller shift ****, I don't I love the look and how it feels. Although it could be a tad smoother.

Overall a fun weekend. Haven't worked on a car like this in some time. Looking forward to my X-Mas present to myself, CAI and X-Cal from Bamatunes or MacBook, probably the CAI.

Hope everyone had a great weekend, it looks like Bill did !!.
Old 11/26/06, 06:21 PM
Bullitt Member

glad we got to surprise you! I didn't get an email. Hope my spam blocker didn't take it away.
Old 11/26/06, 07:34 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by swwake
glad we got to surprise you! I didn't get an email. Hope my spam blocker didn't take it away.
Hmm I didn't get one either
Old 11/26/06, 09:17 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by OKCMustangGT
I got mine.
Old 11/26/06, 09:18 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by habu
Whew !! I did it. I put on the FRPP X-Pipe and Stingers plus the Hurst Shifter. Didn't take quite as long as I originally thought and taking a sawsall to my car had me pretty nervous.

Thoughts...
Exhaust : Much much deeper and not as loud as I thought. Of course I am still very impressed with the O/R H that Bill ( and Leo ?) has but I steered away from this for two reasons... I'm a daily driver and I don't have a tuner yet to turn off the CEL. Maybe later. Right now I'm loving the sound inside the car and out. It does feel like there is more power. At least it seemed easier to burnout, a lot easier. I haven't noticed any drone yet but I haven't hit the freeway yet.

Shifter : PITA to put in. Struggled and struggled with it until I was sure there is NO WAY it was going in and then.... it just went in. It much notchier (is that a even a word) than the OEM I might have the bolt from the bottom of the shifter to the shift linkage too tight. I thought I'd hate the height and the smaller shift ****, I don't I love the look and how it feels. Although it could be a tad smoother.

Overall a fun weekend. Haven't worked on a car like this in some time. Looking forward to my X-Mas present to myself, CAI and X-Cal from Bamatunes or MacBook, probably the CAI.

Congrats I'm glad you liked your new batch of mods. Where's the pics and videos?
Old 11/26/06, 10:05 PM
GTR Member

I got mine.
I got mine, too!
Old 11/26/06, 10:23 PM
Team Mustang Source

Congrats I'm glad you liked your new batch of mods. Where's the pics and videos?
Thanks. I will try to get a vid and some pics later this week/vids weekend. I am not entirely pleased with the fitment and alignment of the tips. The whole thing seems loose no matter how tight all the clamps are ... I am planning on taking it to a shop that I have used for many years. Cheese-mo way to do it, but I want it right.
Old 11/26/06, 10:41 PM

Whew !! I did it. I put on the FRPP X-Pipe and Stingers plus the Hurst Shifter.

Good job! We need pics!

Despite not getting my Plasma, I still had a great weekend!

Originally Posted by swwake
Originally Posted by OKCMustangGT
Beamed it off again, hope the 2nd time is the charm!
Old 11/26/06, 11:10 PM
Team Mustang Source

For the So Cal folks...
Anyone see this ??
The John Force holicay car show on the 3rd ??
It's late for the early registration, but still it could be fun.
http://johnforceracing.com/HolidayCarShow06/index.htm

I'll get pics but fair warning... The tips aren't centered correctly.
Old 11/27/06, 07:27 AM

I'll get pics but fair warning... The tips aren't centered correctly.
*Tom, cover your ears*

Center your tips in less than 10 minutes!

Loosen up the mid-pipe clamp and have a buddy center the tip within the bumper cut-out (can adjust in/out, and around in all directions). When centered, tighten back up the mid-pipe clamp.

Repeat for other side.

Tip: Use the finger gap method to center the tip (as in sliding your finger between the exhaust tip and the sides of the bumber cut-out).

Quick Reply: Ponies on The Run (Again)