Ponies on The Run (Again)

Search this Thread

Old 11/18/06, 10:39 PM
GTR Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Boltzman
Trophy pic...
And whats wrong with having Jack sign the dash Bill? jk
I'm sure Bill meant MY car - with no Roush products at all installed.
Old 11/19/06, 09:39 AM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 89Trooper
I'm sure Bill meant MY car - with no Roush products at all installed.
Well ,lets get on that!
Old 11/19/06, 03:23 PM
GTR Member

Good luck at the Sunset Show, Bill and Leo! Show us the trophies!
Old 11/19/06, 06:42 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Hey yall,

Well me and Bill came out winners with Bill getting a 1st place in his class of 11-13 cars and I got 2nd place in a class of 6. My class had two no show's. (Daryl stop reading) Not having better looking rims is killing me. I lost to another black stang with red stripes and chrome bullits. I'm uploading pics right now as soon as they're done I'll post a pic of my trophy, the car that beat me and that car that got third. I don't think Bill will be on tonight after being up allnight and allday long. When he does get on I'm sure he'll post pics of his trophy and the show.
Old 11/19/06, 06:48 PM
Mach 1 Member

Trouble In Shock Tower Paradise

OK, I love the look of the painted shock tower covers from MWA. However, I noticed today while trying to take some pictures of them, they must be rubbing against the hood. They are both losing their finish at the same points. I suspect that others will see the same results. If not, then their must be a subtle difference in the finish of some of the hood dampers.

Take a look at these pics and take a look at your own towers to see if they are making contact in the same area..

Here are some more pics to see the full effects....

Old 11/19/06, 06:51 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Here's the trophy.

Car that beat me. Sorry not the greatest pics.

Car that placed third.

Link to the rest of the pics.
http://s36.photobucket.com/albums/e1...20Ford%20Show/

Tom- Here's a pic of the clear turn signasl with the black housing.
Looks pretty good IMO.

Old 11/19/06, 06:53 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by flashfearless
OK, I love the look of the painted shock tower covers from MWA. However, I noticed today while trying to take some pictures of them, they must be rubbing against the hood. They are both losing their finish at the same points. I suspect that others will see the same results. If not, then their must be a subtle difference in the finish of some of the hood dampers.

Take a look at these pics and take a look at your own towers to see if they are making contact in the same area..

Here are some more pics to see the full effects....

LOL I noticed that this week when I was detailing my car. I don't have any pics right now but yes mine is rubbing in that same spot. BTW do you have your heat cover removed? I do and I think that's what's causing it. Bill's I believe have some rubbing but the paint didn't come off on his like they did on mine. He still has the cover though. I wasn't going to say anything on the forum untill I talked to MWAG tomorrow as I didn't want to cause widespread panic. Well I guess the cats out of the bag now.
Old 11/19/06, 07:01 PM
Mach 1 Member

Well, I didn't want to cause panic either. If that's what you want to call it. I have not removed the heat shield and do not plan to do so. I was planning on monitoring it to see if it gets any worse..
Old 11/19/06, 07:03 PM
GTR Member

Why don't you have your heat shield on, Leo?

Congrats on the trophies!

The clears with black housings look good, but I'll keep what I have.
Old 11/19/06, 07:07 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by flashfearless
Well, I didn't want to cause panic either. If that's what you want to call it. I have not removed the heat shield and do not plan to do so. I was planning on monitoring it to see if it gets any worse..
Mine is about 1/4 inch long and a couple centimeters wide. It's worn down to the primer. Looks like they're going to have to alter the molds slightly and have alot of exchanges on their hands. I'm going to be nice about because they went through so much to get them to me on time for my show and also because I'm sure they didn't mean to do it. I don't mind waiting for a new set since I don't have any show's coming up anytime soon.
Old 11/19/06, 07:10 PM
KdF
Bullitt Member

Got mine in Friday , Installed and drove it to work Saturday.
Washed the Stang this am , and the same spots were on both covers..
Oh well...........
Old 11/19/06, 07:12 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by LEO_06GT
.....I'm going to be nice about because they went through so much to get them to me on time for my show and also because I'm sure they didn't mean to do it. I don't mind waiting for a new set since I don't have any show's coming up anytime soon.
Well, I wasn't planning on not playing nice about it as long as someone makes good on replacing them with molds that don't rub. I felt that it was important to determine if there was someone out who is not having the issue and to find out what would be different.
Old 11/19/06, 07:19 PM
Legacy TMS Member

I agree with you and have know doubts that MWAG will correct the problem. They have a great rep on this forum and I'm sure they'll do there damdest to keep it that way. I have no doubt they'll correct the problem.
Old 11/19/06, 07:20 PM
Team Mustang Source

Leo, Congrats !! It was cool meeting you today. I, personally, liked your car over the black one w/stripes. Did Bill get the Wii ?? I meant to ask but forgot.

Anyway, I didn't take a lot of pics but here are some

Old 11/19/06, 07:20 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by KdF
Got mine in Friday , Installed and drove it to work Saturday.
Washed the Stang this am , and the same spots were on both covers..
Oh well...........
Well atleast we know it's a widespread problem and not just a fluke. Now all we need if for Bill and Tom to chime in.
Old 11/19/06, 07:22 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by habu
Leo, Congrats !! It was cool meeting you today. I, personally, liked your car over the black one w/stripes. Did Bill get the Wii ?? I meant to ask but forgot.

Anyway, I didn't take a lot of pics but here are some

It's always a pleasure meeting other TMS members. Thanks. Hope to see your car next time.
Old 11/19/06, 08:31 PM
GTR Member

I'll check mine when I get home from work tonight. BTW, it's funny that all you guys have shocks up front and not struts like me... (they're actually strut tower covers)

I just checked them. There is a tiny dot on each cover, but the material color compared to the white doesn't stand out at all compared to orange or black or red, I'm sure. That's probably why Mike (Kdf) was like, "Oh well...".

One thing I did do, though.... I didn't like how much they rotated when they were installed, so I took them back off and wrapped electrical tape around the hole in the strut tower (where they snap on to). The plastic covers were able to rotate on the metal, but the electrical tape causes a drag and they don't rotate at all now.

This might be why I only have a dot versus a 1/4" strip. Here are 2 pics (plus you can see the "4.6" now, too).

Attachment 14165 Attachment 14164

They may get worse, but this was after the 3 hour drive (1 1/2 hour each way to Tampa).

Alan - gonna take off your prop rod?
Attached Thumbnails Ponies on The Run (Again)-dscn4400.jpg   Ponies on The Run (Again)-dscn4402.jpg  
Old 11/20/06, 07:41 AM
GTR Member

I just got my moleskin through the TMS group buy! Now I guess I have to get my windows tinted... Finally!

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showthread.php?t=56461

$21.00 instead of $30.00
Old 11/20/06, 09:43 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by 89Trooper
Why don't you have your heat shield on, Leo?

Congrats on the trophies!

The clears with black housings look good, but I'll keep what I have.
Thanks. Wow! I completly missed this post last night I'm sorry. I took my heatshield off because I like they way it looked with out it and the heat shield was looking kind of beat up.
I figured you'd like them just not enough to make the switch.

EDITED SO READ AGAIN....
Old 11/20/06, 10:37 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Talked to Dan at MWAG and he said they're currently working on a fix. Once they do they're willing to exchange anyones covers who actually got scratches down to the primer.

Quick Reply: Ponies on The Run (Again)