General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Ponies on The Run (Again)

Search this Thread

Old 10/10/06, 11:14 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you're still flip flopping the issue, that means that you want it painted.
Bite the bullet and order it unpainted, take it to your painter, then be done with it.

I said F*** it and ordered it painted. If I decide to get it painted later on down the road I'll say F*** it again. It's the price I pay for my indecisiveness. I ordered it painted because I want to see how well it hold up on the road and to see how many times I scratch it on a curb or dip. My decision will be based off how good or bad it goes. It should be here early next week. As always I'll post pics.

Either way if fine, thanks for giving me one.
I'll be gone Saturday afternoon, planning to go on the Edlebrock Tour and Lunch at their facility in Torrance!

No prob it's the least I could do after all times you've helped me out.

I want to try it out the Adams spray on the honeycomb front grille as it's probably the only dirty part on my car! I just don't have the patience to clean each section on that grille with a Q-Tip.

It works great for that. When Richard was detailing my car he used that and made it look like it was brand spankin new. He used it on the shaker hood to which to my surprise made it look really good.
Old 10/10/06, 11:15 AM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Daryl, Leo and Tom- Let's welcome Todd to the Shaker Club!

His VB GT is looking pretty good.

link
Old 10/10/06, 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by LEO_06GT
I said F*** it and ordered it painted... I want to see how well it hold up on the road and to see how many times I scratch it on a curb or dip.
Good going, makes sense to me.

And don't ever use that 'C' and 'D' word in the company of someone that has a painted CDC.. them are jinx words!

... He used it on the shaker hood to which to my surprise made it look really good.

You mean on the actual scoop? If so, have you noticed any 'blotching' after a few days in the sun?
Old 10/10/06, 11:22 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by TacoBill
Daryl, Leo and Tom- Let's welcome Todd to the Shaker Club!

His VB GT is looking pretty good.

link
Of course. Always a good show off op. http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showpo...2&postcount=19
Old 10/10/06, 11:30 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Good going, makes sense to me.

And don't ever use that 'C' and 'D' word in the company of someone that has a painted CDC.. them are jinx words!

You mean on the actual scoop? If so, have you noticed any 'blotching' after a few days in the sun?

Yes and No. Looks awesome with it IMO. Here's a pic of it after he was done detailing the car.
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e19/demios85/Engine%20Bay/P1010017_003.jpg
Doesn't look as shiny now and didn't look that shiny at the show. I don't think you'll have blotching since your spraying it on therefore it apply's more equally than if you were using a rag.
Old 10/10/06, 11:54 AM

Here's a pic of it after he was done detailing the car.

Doesn't look as shiny now and didn't look that shiny at the show. I don't think you'll have blotching since your spraying it on therefore it apply's more equally than if you were using a rag.
Looks really good and I see your point on the spray vs rag application.

I sent Adam's Tech Support an e-mail asking if this product has any UV protection.
Old 10/10/06, 02:44 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Just got back from finishing off the 1/4 tank I had left. I ran down till the msg ctr said 4 miles to e. I filled up with 91 and was going to try it out but I kept seeing cops so I got scared and came back. I did notice on the way back that even driving at normal speeds the go pedal is way more sensitve with the 91 torque tune. Can't wait to really get on it and then try the 91P and 91R tunes.

OK story time....about a "hater" at the gas station.

FYI-The gas station I went to has one of those entries were you come off a left turn and then have to make a quick right to get in.

So since I was the first car at the light I was obviously the first car out of a few that decided to pull into the gas station. Well once I was in the gas station driveway I hesitated for a couple of seconds as to which side my tank was on. No lie it took me two seconds to decide and pull up to the pump. Well I go inside and pay for the gas and when I come out there's this D-bag who comes over to me and says "Nice job of being indecisive and holding up traffic." I'm like what? and he repeats himself and then adds "Well I guess since your in daddy's sports car you think you can do that." So I said "Actually it's my car and I got the papers to prove it. Have a nice day." After that I got in the car and enjoyed the exhaust note as I drove by him in his 1980's beat to hell Ford Ranger.
Old 10/10/06, 02:45 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Looks really good and I see your point on the spray vs rag application.

I sent Adam's Tech Support an e-mail asking if this product has any UV protection.
BTW he also used that spray on the grill,rad cover, and anything rubber or vinyl in the engine bay.
Old 10/10/06, 02:52 PM

OK story time....about a "hater" at the gas station... After that I got in the car and enjoyed the exhaust note as I drove by him in his 1980's beat to hell Ford Ranger.
Funny story!

I liked that happy ending too, guess you can say that you left on a serious note, H-Pipe Style!
Old 10/10/06, 04:38 PM
GTR Member

I liked that happy ending too, guess you can say that you left on a serious note, H-Pipe Style!
Stop telling H-Pipe stories!
Old 10/10/06, 05:10 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Just got back from playing with the 91torque tune. All I can say is it has better throttle response but doesn't jerk me through the gears any faster. Atleast not that I noticed. After I try the 91p and 91r I might just go back to the 87p. Maybe on autmatics once the shift points are firmed up there isn't much else to notice. Don't get me wrong I love the way the car feels now it's just I can't feel the difference between the 87p and 91t.

Another H-pipe story for you Tom.

While I was out trying my tunes I decided to stop by the local mall and set off some alarms. It was great. I revved the hell out of it going up the ramp to the 2nd level and set of car alarms on the 1 and 2 floors. Then I went up between level's 3 and 4 and did the same. After that I went through a few more of the parking structures. I must have set off more than 10 alarms. I scared of few people that were loading there trunks. Best part was some kid in a dirt bike showed up and started reving his bike. Needless to say after my first rev he shut up.
Old 10/10/06, 05:58 PM

... Best part was some kid in a dirt bike showed up and started reving his bike. Needless to say after my first rev he shut up.
Dang, I wish you had a video of that!

Speaking of which, why am I the only one making videos? (Sorry Tom, the Heely video doesn't count)
Old 10/10/06, 06:16 PM
GTR Member

Speaking of which, why am I the only one making videos? (Sorry Tom, the Heely video doesn't count)
Only one with a good enough camera.

------------------------

I added a reply to the guy that said, "who buys an SCT and uses the stock air box":

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showpo...97&postcount=9

I used the info that I was provided, but didn't make it a quote... I didn't want to involve the author.
Old 10/10/06, 08:30 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Dang, I wish you had a video of that!

I have a dvd camcorder but I wouldn't even know how to upload it onto photobucket or any other site for that matter.
Old 10/10/06, 08:32 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by 89Trooper
Only one with a good enough camera.

------------------------

I added a reply to the guy that said, "who buys an SCT and uses the stock air box":

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showpo...97&postcount=9

I used the info that I was provided, but didn't make it a quote... I didn't want to involve the author.
That guy's comment really cut you deep didn't it???
Old 10/10/06, 09:02 PM
GTR Member

That guy's comment really cut you deep didn't it???
No, not really, I just don't like people making stupid, uneducated comments like that. I first told him what I knew, and then verified with Doug before providing him with the facts.

It did make me feel better, though! 1. To put the guy in his place, and 2. Knowing that the tunes still will benefit me! (I always thought they would, but it's nice hearing it directly from the source.)
Old 10/10/06, 09:06 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Getting any closer to trying out those tunes????
Old 10/10/06, 09:16 PM
GTR Member

Getting any closer to trying out those tunes????
I'm going to wait until at least Sunday or Monday. As much as I want to try out the tunes, I don't want to hurt my leg. On Saturday, I won't be driving the car to the Tampa MOSI show (I'll be driving the '89 375HP beast), so why give my buddy Dave any more power to play with than I have to in the '06?

He may end up driving the '89... the ZOOM clutch is much harder to press, so I might have to give him the powerful car to drive.

BTW, Leo & Bill... I hear your cars smell?

And, Leo, look who's talkin' about getting cut deep!!
Old 10/10/06, 09:28 PM
Legacy TMS Member

I fired back at that D-bag already. I'm sure Bill will follow suite once he see's it.

BTW- I'm not hurt just p!ssed off that he would say something so stupid.
Old 10/10/06, 09:29 PM
GTR Member

I fired back at that D-bag already. I'm sure Bill will follow suite once he see's it.
I saw that... see 1 post above.

Quick Reply: Ponies on The Run (Again)