General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Ponies on The Run (Again)

Search this Thread

Old 10/7/06, 02:41 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts
Originally Posted by LEO_06GT

Bill- +2 on what Tom said about the SHR rear emblem.
Bill, +3 on what Tom said about the SHR rear emblem.
Old 10/7/06, 02:44 PM
GTR Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by karman
Bill, +3 on what Tom said about the SHR rear emblem.
Bill, +4 on what Tom said about the SHR rear emblem.
Old 10/7/06, 03:48 PM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 89Trooper
Bill, +4 on what Tom said about the SHR rear emblem.
Got it! No SHR medallion for me.

btw- Who's Tom?
Old 10/7/06, 04:10 PM

Tom- I forgot to mention, excellent tire post!

As you find more prospective tires, please edit them into the post.

How about a wheel post next? Proper backspacing/offset has always been a confusing topic in new wheel selection.
Old 10/7/06, 04:59 PM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by TacoBill
Tom- I forgot to mention, excellent tire post!

As you find more prospective tires, please edit them into the post.

How about a wheel post next? Proper backspacing/offset has always been a confusing topic in new wheel selection.
Thanks! I'll add more links (and thoughts) for any tire size somebody needs info on at their request. And, I can work on a little tutorial for offset.

I got the SCT handheld working. I downloaded the drivers first, like you suggested, and then the Live Load 3 software from the website (to make sure I had the latest version). I followed your "how-to" to a tee and was able to verify the tunes that are installed:

Attachment 11043

That 87 Torque tune will be OUTTA THERE as soon as I get the 93 Race Tune via email!
Attached Thumbnails Ponies on The Run (Again)-scttunes.jpg  
Old 10/7/06, 06:22 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Well after reading through all of Bill and Tom's emails I'm having a hard time deciding if I should buy it or not. I have 3 days before the money hits my paypal account. Which means I have time to change my mind several times. I might be able to use a friends hook up at a body shop to get it painted if I decide to go that route. So I'll get in touch with him and see if he'll be able to or not and for how much.
Old 10/7/06, 06:27 PM

That 87 Torque tune will be OUTTA THERE as soon as I get the 93 Race Tune via email!
Doug gave you an 87 Torque Tune?
Old 10/7/06, 06:30 PM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by TacoBill
Doug gave you an 87 Torque Tune?
Crap! I always say 87T instead of 87P.

Hey, I was just going through your how-to list... and I never noticed before, but it looks like not even one of the six cap screws on the fuel door actually do anything. It's just 3 totally separate studs coming out of the back, huh? Also, I wonder why they only used three instead of four to pick up that last snubber hole.
Old 10/7/06, 07:21 PM
Legacy TMS Member

I just realized I lost my shorty antenna. I take it off every time I put the car cover on and forgot to put it on before I did my spirited driving yesterday. Granted it only cost $20 but it still sucks.
Old 10/7/06, 07:32 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

I just realized I lost my shorty antenna. I take it off every time I put the car cover on and forgot to put it on before I did my spirited driving yesterday.
How did you LOSE it? Drive off and leave it somewhere ?? I am confused

Attachment 11058
Attached Thumbnails Ponies on The Run (Again)-test4.jpg  
Old 10/7/06, 07:37 PM
Legacy TMS Member

How did you LOSE it? Drive off and leave it somewhere ?? I am confused

Whenever I took it off I put where the windshield wipers are and so when I was driving it must have flown off without me noticing.

Attachment 11058

Looks awesome thanks alot. Thats' exactly what I wanted. Opinions wanted from the peanut gallery on these stripes.
Old 10/7/06, 07:51 PM

I just realized I lost my shorty antenna.
Oops! Guess you have learned from the School of Hard Knocks! I bet you won't lose your next shorty.

Thats' exactly what I wanted. Opinions wanted from the peanut gallery on these stripes.
Peanut Gallery comment: Looks good, BUT will be a PITA to lay down perfectly. It would have been much easier if it were done before the Shaker, more specifically, before the upper tring ring was attached to the hood. I think that's why Tom was suggesting leaving a gap to the trim ring.

From what I've read about vinyl, the larger the piece, the harder it is to work with. I know the hood must look easy to stripe, but it's a complex surface with a centerline crown.

How much was that graphic shop going to charge again?
Old 10/7/06, 08:00 PM

Hey, I was just going through your how-to list... and I never noticed before, but it looks like not even one of the six cap screws on the fuel door actually do anything. It's just 3 totally separate studs coming out of the back, huh? Also, I wonder why they only used three instead of four to pick up that last snubber hole.
Yeah, the outer cap screws are real, but for decoration.

I know for sure it uses 3 attaching points, but I can't remember what's attached to the rear upper hole where the snubber was?

I'll have to take a look later and report back.
Old 10/7/06, 08:34 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Daryl did you get in touch with that guy selling the C&L intake??
Old 10/7/06, 09:50 PM
GTR Member

L: Whenever I took it off I put where the windshield wipers are and so when I was driving it must have flown off without me noticing.
I do the same thing... one day I drove all the way to work with it on my cowl and didn't lose it. Guess I was driving pretty easy (and this was in the '89).

L: Looks awesome thanks alot. Thats' exactly what I wanted. Opinions wanted from the peanut gallery on these stripes.
Very, very difficult to install with the trim ring on... probably very easy to install with the trim ring off or before the hole was cut out. As far as looks, I see nothing wrong with it. However, I really feel the Shaker stands out much more when it is separated from the stripe with a gap. The guy at Graphic-Express was DETERMINED... more like HELL-BENT to install my stripes butted up to the trim ring. He was even going to do the job twice. His way first to take pictures, then remove it and do it my way second. But he told me later that I totally convinced him that the gap looked better and really made the shaker stand out.

B: I know the hood must look easy to stripe, but it's a complex surface with a centerline crown.
It's amazing the difference in putting vinyl on a flat '03 GT's hood compared to our compound-curved hood.

D: Tom's Tire Facts
My first Bookmark of Wisdom!
Old 10/8/06, 01:33 AM
Legacy TMS Member

I think this whole stripe idea is going to go on the back burner untill I see a stripe design that I'm 100% sold on. Seems like to much of a pita and not worth the hassle right now. I have the chin spoiler thing to deal with right now. I think I'm trying to do everything to fast almost as if I'm trying to catch up with you guys.
Old 10/8/06, 02:11 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Let's talk about Fuse box covers.

Which do you guys think looks better.

1 The brushed lid
http://www.uprproducts.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=993
2 The polished lid
http://www.uprproducts.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=994
3 Leave as is

Looking for opinions on engine mods. I'm planning on getting what you see on my future mod list for the engine bay and was thinking of also getting cap covers for the washer fluid,brake fluid, and power steering. Do you think it's to much? Should I just stick with what's on my mod list?
Old 10/8/06, 08:04 AM
GTR Member

I think I'm trying to do everything to fast almost as if I'm trying to catch up with you guys.
Yeah, you don't want to rush something like stripes. I knew exactly what I wanted, so it was easy. I still asked for opinions, but I pretty much knew.

Looking for opinions on engine mods.
Well, I want to get that MGM GT Oil Cap, but that would be the only thing I would get because I don't want to add too many polished or chromed things to my engine. Even that cap may be too much if I'm going for all black and white and zero chrome. It all comes down to what look you are going for. Even if you do want to add chrome to your engine, I think getting ALL those covers is a little overkill. I think I mentioned that I saw a car in Mustang Enthusiast that had every cap & cover that UPR made (interior and engine) and it was way too much.
Old 10/8/06, 08:17 AM
GTR Member

Leo, you'll be happy to know I did opt to change something to your liking:

http://s47.photobucket.com/albums/f1...Center%20Caps/

I found this picture as I was going through and straightening up my sig:

Old 10/8/06, 09:14 AM
GTR Member

I hate Sundays! I'm the only one on TMS it seems - stuck in the house like a hermit!

Quick Reply: Ponies on The Run (Again)