General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Ponies on The Run (Again)

Search this Thread

Old 5/20/10, 11:07 PM
BoogieNights Studios:
Official Fluffer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by habu
I read about that too... Hope he gets it back, but it doesn't look so good.
No it aint looking to good right now. Everybody hopes that he will get it back in one piece.
Old 5/21/10, 02:58 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think I was the first to offer my congrats on FB but Congrats again Brian. I'd be more than happy to plan a bachelor party for you.

------------
Installed Ray's Shaker 500 and sent out Pioneer for repair on Wednesday (Thanks again Ray). Hopefully it doesn't cost me an arm and a leg.

Other than that I've been in Berkeley since yesterday morning. Tomorrow morning we'll be driving down to Santa Barbara and staying the night. Then Sunday morning we'll be driving down to SD. So I probably won't be online till Monday. Have a good weekend everyone.
Old 5/21/10, 03:13 PM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by LEO_06GT
Other than that I've been in Berkeley since yesterday morning. Tomorrow morning we'll be driving down to Santa Barbara and staying the night. Then Sunday morning we'll be driving down to SD. So I probably won't be online till Monday. Have a good weekend everyone.
Sounds like a nice road trip!

I took the Mustang out of hibernation, time to put some seat time in it again. I just hope I don't get a ticket, can't afford to pay for it!
Old 5/21/10, 03:27 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by TacoBill
Sounds like a nice road trip!

I took the Mustang out of hibernation, time to put some seat time in it again. I just hope I don't get a ticket, can't afford to pay for it!
Seat time hey Angie Crest Sunday!
Old 5/21/10, 09:27 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hard-on for Jed...

http://www.motorz.tv/blog/1480/learn-how-to-weld/

Lots of other great how-to videos there also.

Like this one...

http://www.motorz.tv/blog/1125/ford-...-installation/

Last edited by Ray Man; 5/21/10 at 09:30 PM.
Old 5/22/10, 07:32 AM
Team Mustang Source

I think I was the first to offer my congrats on FB but Congrats again Brian. I'd be more than happy to plan a bachelor party for you.

------------
Installed Ray's Shaker 500 and sent out Pioneer for repair on Wednesday (Thanks again Ray). Hopefully it doesn't cost me an arm and a leg.

I know I haven't asked "officially" yet... thank you Leo
since it's still a little way off, it seems a little too early yet. All I ask is not be expected to drive, LOL

Hope the HU is cheap to repair...

I know it's a LONGER drive, but you HAVE to take HWY 1 back.
Old 5/22/10, 08:26 AM

So I take the GT out for a spin yesterday and guess what... CEL!

I didn't have time to bust out the SCT when I got home, had to rush out the house for a dinner date.

I'll check it today and see what the F code it's throwing.

Car ran **** yesterday, no problems at all. Only thing was when I first turned on the AC and came to a stop, the rpm's dipped to around 400-500 or so, then back up. It did that before, so don't know if it's related to the CEL.
Old 5/22/10, 09:12 PM

P0153

I looked it up, fingers point to the driver's side forward O2 sensor (the one in the header).

I'll have to check it out to see if it's loose.
Old 5/22/10, 10:48 PM
Legacy TMS Member Pr

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts
Oxygen sensors suck Even more if your car uses more than two. The ones with three or four wires are more prone to die out faster.
Old 5/22/10, 11:35 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
P0153

I looked it up, fingers point to the driver's side forward O2 sensor (the one in the header).

I was in a Toyota dealer fixing something and heard the customer service tell the new young family with baby that they have to replace the oxygen sensor was like over 300.00 can't they be bypassed make a part to hose people
Old 5/23/10, 12:32 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

So I get home from the cruise and I checked a tiny leak oil leak I knew about. Well the little leak got a little bigger. I may need to make a custom block to hold all of my oil sensors: Stock pressure, Gauge oil pressure and oil temp. I heard Shelby has one but I haven't been able to find it. Steve I may crawl under your car to see what it looks like. For now I pulled the gauge sensors off and I just plugged the two openings. While I was down there I decided to change the oil and filter running fresh Mobile 1 synthetic and a Ford Racing filter.
Old 5/23/10, 08:56 AM

Originally Posted by edumspeed
Oxygen sensors suck Even more if your car uses more than two. The ones with three or four wires are more prone to die out faster.

Running an O/R-H doesn't help things either. I read that without cats, it can sometimes run rich at times, thus create a slow repsonse from the O2 sensor, throwing the P0153 code.

Originally Posted by GottaHaveIt
I was in a Toyota dealer fixing something and heard the customer service tell the new young family with baby that they have to replace the oxygen sensor was like over 300.00 can't they be bypassed make a part to hose people
I recently replaced my Toyota O2 sensor, got it at a discount but still cost me over $200.

Can't be bybassed, it feeds A/F info back to the computer.

Originally Posted by JedCranium
So I get home from the cruise and I checked a tiny leak oil leak I knew about. Well the little leak got a little bigger. I may need to make a custom block to hold all of my oil sensors: Stock pressure, Gauge oil pressure and oil temp. I heard Shelby has one but I haven't been able to find it. Steve I may crawl under your car to see what it looks like. For now I pulled the gauge sensors off and I just plugged the two openings. While I was down there I decided to change the oil and filter running fresh Mobile 1 synthetic and a Ford Racing filter.
No pics?

I too changed the oil yesterday in the Highlander. Mobil 1 on sale at Kragens at $4.99/qt. First time running full synthetic in the Highlander!

btw, the Highlander uses a stupid oil filter element cartridge. It's a PITA process that includes pre-draining the canister and changing out 2 o-rings.
Old 5/23/10, 09:09 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
nice fuel efficient cars eh ,they design with specific $$ priced parts involved to keep you coming back for they ! it's like being held hostage I tell yah ! do you have like auto wreckers there that sell off stuff, so one doesn't have to pay so much ?
Old 5/23/10, 02:14 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by habu
I know it's a LONGER drive, but you HAVE to take HWY 1 back.
Ended up going to Carmel by the sea, then taking the 1 all the way down to San Luis Obispo. All I kept thinking while going down the one was how much more fun it would be with the Mustang.
Old 5/23/10, 02:31 PM

P0153

That O2 sensor is on tight, can barely touch it from the bottom, have no idea how the guy from RET intalled it from the top let alone put a wrench on it.

No CEL so far, hope it was just a fluke thing.

While I was under the car, I noticed the lower radiator hose riding hard against a metal flange (radiator support?). Looks like it will eventually cut through. I put on 2 layers of teflon tape on the flange, hopefully offer some protection. I'll have to keep an eye on it at every oil change.

Ended up going to Carmel by the sea, then taking the 1 all the way down to San Luis Obispo. All I kept thinking while going down the one was how much more fun it would be with the Mustang.
So how was Santa Barbara?

Yeah, Hwy 1 is a pretty scenic drive.
Old 5/23/10, 04:18 PM
Team Mustang Source

At least you weren't in a PT Cruiser.... I said over and over, I'd like to do that trip in the stang. Pretty scenic, huh ?? Just can't beat a HWY1 drive.

Good to hear no more CELs Bill. Hopefully it was a fluke.
Old 5/23/10, 04:23 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
That O2 sensor is on tight, can barely touch it from the bottom, have no idea how the guy from RET intalled it from the top let alone put a wrench on it.

No CEL so far, hope it was just a fluke thing.

While I was under the car, I noticed the lower radiator hose riding hard against a metal flange (radiator support?). Looks like it will eventually cut through. I put on 2 layers of teflon tape on the flange, hopefully offer some protection. I'll have to keep an eye on it at every oil change.

So how was Santa Barbara?

Yeah, Hwy 1 is a pretty scenic drive.
I kind of had a recurring O2 sensor CEL for a while. It only showed up if I started the car, went for a drive, and then stopped the car and started it up again after a few minutes. The CEL light would come back on on startup. Don't remember the exact code, but it was a slow responding O2 sensor. This happened before and after the SC install. It was caused by the LT headers in my case pushing the O2 sensor further down stream. It made start up sucky after a while, but the tuner changed the mapping on start up and it hasn't been a problem since. I was about to change the sensor out it was getting so bad.

Hope yours is a fluke Bill.

Maybe it was some bad gas.

Last edited by 2k7gtcs; 5/23/10 at 04:24 PM.
Old 5/23/10, 04:33 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Awesome day today and we met...

See more at>
Old 5/23/10, 04:36 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Originally Posted by JedCranium
Awesome day today and we met...

See more at>

Wow! That's way cool Jed.

What was he driving? The bike?
Old 5/23/10, 04:41 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
Wow! That's way cool Jed.

What was he driving? The bike?
Not 100% sure I think Brian may know he passed us down the hill on the return leg and I didn't realize it.

Quick Reply: Ponies on The Run (Again)