Notices
General Mustang Chat Not Tech or Model Year Specific

Ponies on The Run (Again)

Old 4/11/10, 02:53 PM
  #32221  
Bullitt Member
 
TheDarkKnight's Avatar
 
Join Date: September 2, 2007
Location: Ladera Ranch, CA.
Posts: 365
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by JedCranium View Post
Did you end up buying the Harbor Frieght kit or did that cube brake tool do the trick?

No dicth good news!
I didn't end up buying either. I went to Autozone who had the Harbor Freight kit for rent and it was free! $55 safety deposit which was returned to me as soon as I brought it back.
TheDarkKnight is offline  
Old 4/11/10, 03:02 PM
  #32222  
Team Mustang Source
 
GottaHaveIt's Avatar
 
Join Date: January 5, 2005
Posts: 11,364
Likes: 0
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Thank-You Jed !
GottaHaveIt is offline  
Old 4/11/10, 03:15 PM
  #32223  
NTTAWWT
 
StangMahn's Avatar
 
Join Date: January 27, 2007
Location: That town you drive through to get to Myrtle Beach
Posts: 11,734
Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
those SR-71's.....ooooooh so sexy
StangMahn is offline  
Old 4/11/10, 05:38 PM
  #32224  
Team Mustang Source
 
GottaHaveIt's Avatar
 
Join Date: January 5, 2005
Posts: 11,364
Likes: 0
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Nate made me promise to thank-you Jed !
Attached Thumbnails Ponies on The Run (Again)-nate-1.jpg  
GottaHaveIt is offline  
Old 4/11/10, 10:31 PM
  #32225  
Team Mustang Source
 
habu's Avatar
 
Join Date: September 14, 2005
Location: SoCal
Posts: 3,477
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by LEO_06GT View Post
Door handles are in. Took me about 2 hours and some change. Wasn't rushing. Easy install just alot of screws and parts to remove. The handles look and feel awesome. Best part is it's a mod you can see and interact with daily. Really gives opening the door a sturdy quality feel.

Who's next?

I couldn't open the pics that you sent me, could you post pics of them on the car... Sorry I couldn't make it, had to get Jen's car up and running and spent most of Saturday getting her fixed up...


On a different subject... Had problems with a ton of pics that I took at the winternats... long story short "enhancing" them in iPhoto did a really crappy job, got Apeture and I can show you the difference....


Original pic


iPhoto "enhanced" or fixed version....


Apeture version



For giggles one more iPhoto "fixed" version



now you can probably tell why I never posted many pics at all..
habu is offline  
Old 4/11/10, 10:57 PM
  #32226  
Shelby GT500 Member
 
JedCranium's Avatar
 
Join Date: November 22, 2006
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 2,932
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by GottaHaveIt View Post
Nate made me promise to thank-you Jed !
Kewl! Ya SR-71 that's one legendary bird! I think that shot may of been from Beale AFB. Did you notice the "Trainer" in the very back of the pack.
JedCranium is offline  
Old 4/11/10, 11:01 PM
  #32227  
Shelby GT500 Member
 
JedCranium's Avatar
 
Join Date: November 22, 2006
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 2,932
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by habu View Post
I couldn't open the pics that you sent me, could you post pics of them on the car... Sorry I couldn't make it, had to get Jen's car up and running and spent most of Saturday getting her fixed up...


On a different subject... Had problems with a ton of pics that I took at the winternats... long story short "enhancing" them in iPhoto did a really crappy job, got Apeture and I can show you the difference....


Original pic


iPhoto "enhanced" or fixed version....


Apeture version



For giggles one more iPhoto "fixed" version



now you can probably tell why I never posted many pics at all..
Those corrections look great. I do the same thing in ACDSee Pro2 I usually have to adjust curves. There's a way to batch convert your corrections to as many pictures you select, which works well most of the time. I've brought many pictures back from the grave this way.
JedCranium is offline  
Old 4/12/10, 07:33 AM
  #32228  
 
Join Date: September 23, 2004
Location: SoCal
Posts: 10,036
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by habu View Post
I couldn't open the pics that you sent me, could you post pics of them on the car... Sorry I couldn't make it, had to get Jen's car up and running and spent most of Saturday getting her fixed up...
You were going to go all the way to San Diego to help install these door handles?

Here are the pics Leo sent.. time to dump the 2G and upgrade.
Attached Thumbnails Ponies on The Run (Again)-photo1.jpg   Ponies on The Run (Again)-photo2.jpg   Ponies on The Run (Again)-photo3.jpg  
TacoBill is offline  
Old 4/12/10, 08:14 AM
  #32229  
Team Mustang Source
 
habu's Avatar
 
Join Date: September 14, 2005
Location: SoCal
Posts: 3,477
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by TacoBill View Post
You were going to go all the way to San Diego to help install these door handles?

Here are the pics Leo sent.. time to dump the 2G and upgrade.
I thought it was up in Hawthorne....


Hmmm... I like 'em, but not dying to buy them, ya know. I dunno.

Last edited by habu; 4/12/10 at 08:16 AM.
habu is offline  
Old 4/12/10, 09:21 AM
  #32230  
Cobra Member
 
Iceknyght's Avatar
 
Join Date: September 6, 2005
Location: Colorado
Posts: 1,296
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by TacoBill View Post
You were going to go all the way to San Diego to help install these door handles?

Here are the pics Leo sent.. time to dump the 2G and upgrade.
Those are nice!

Hmmm... I like 'em, but not dying to buy them, ya know. I dunno.
I'd agree... They are a nice piece and something I'd probably eventually do, but not right away... But definitely nicer than OEM for sure!
Iceknyght is offline  
Old 4/12/10, 12:03 PM
  #32231  
Shelby GT500 Member
 
JedCranium's Avatar
 
Join Date: November 22, 2006
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 2,932
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TacoBill View Post
You were going to go all the way to San Diego to help install these door handles?

Here are the pics Leo sent.. time to dump the 2G and upgrade.
Now that I look at them closer they kinda have a Saleen look to them with those dash marks. Not that this is bad, I just didn't notice it before. I'm undecided on these at the moment but keep trying I'm going to spend money on something eventually!
JedCranium is offline  
Old 4/12/10, 12:54 PM
  #32232  
Mustang Fanatic
 
LEO_06GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 24, 2006
Location: San Diego
Posts: 7,407
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So nobody has stock mirrors sitting around?
LEO_06GT is offline  
Old 4/12/10, 01:08 PM
  #32233  
 
Join Date: September 23, 2004
Location: SoCal
Posts: 10,036
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by LEO_06GT View Post
So nobody has stock mirrors sitting around?
I would start PM'ing everyone you know locally that have the A47 mirrors.

If you completely come up empty handed, I'll let you take mine and I'll garage it for however long you need them. Only thing is you'll have to roll with the Torch Red MWAG covers on.
TacoBill is offline  
Old 4/12/10, 01:17 PM
  #32234  
Mustang Fanatic
 
LEO_06GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 24, 2006
Location: San Diego
Posts: 7,407
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TacoBill View Post
I would start PM'ing everyone you know locally that have the A47 mirrors.

If you completely come up empty handed, I'll let you take mine and I'll garage it for however long you need them. Only thing is you'll have to roll with the Torch Red MWAG covers on.
Well I think the only people with an extra set are George and Jed unless they sold them or trashed them.

CPK for sale? WTF Jed?
http://www.marketwatch.com/story/cal...ale-2010-04-12

Last edited by LEO_06GT; 4/12/10 at 01:19 PM.
LEO_06GT is offline  
Old 4/12/10, 03:48 PM
  #32235  
Shelby GT500 Member
 
JedCranium's Avatar
 
Join Date: November 22, 2006
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 2,932
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by LEO_06GT View Post
Well I think the only people with an extra set are George and Jed unless they sold them or trashed them.

CPK for sale? WTF Jed?
http://www.marketwatch.com/story/cal...ale-2010-04-12
I sold my mirrors about a month after I installed the A47's to a guy that wanted to paint his but still drive his stang.

CPK for sale not CPK is not up for sale, the press release just said that in the course of growing the company we would consider all methods, avenues for growth. The business chatter took that in all kinds of directions. In short I'm not worried at all and if we had to partner with another company to grow. That's very common in the restaurant industry today.
JedCranium is offline  
Old 4/13/10, 10:27 AM
  #32236  
Mustang Fanatic
 
LEO_06GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 24, 2006
Location: San Diego
Posts: 7,407
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Finally had enough with all the creak, groans, moans from the front end (Which I think are coming from the front swaybar). I'm taking the car down to JBA performance center after work for a second opinion as I don't believe it's the A-arm bushings like another shop told me. If it is the swaybar(s) I'll have them for sale/trade in hot second as I'm tired of dealing with having to keep **** greased.
LEO_06GT is offline  
Old 4/13/10, 10:58 AM
  #32237  
 
Join Date: September 23, 2004
Location: SoCal
Posts: 10,036
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by LEO_06GT View Post
Finally had enough with all the creak, groans, moans from the front end (Which I think are coming from the front swaybar). I'm taking the car down to JBA performance center after work for a second opinion as I don't believe it's the A-arm bushings like another shop told me. If it is the swaybar(s) I'll have them for sale/trade in hot second as I'm tired of dealing with having to keep **** greased.
Nothing beats the quietness of the stock setup, just ask Jed.

I'm glad now I didn't mess with any of that other stuff besides my LCA's and springs.
TacoBill is offline  
Old 4/13/10, 11:03 AM
  #32238  
Mustang Fanatic
 
LEO_06GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 24, 2006
Location: San Diego
Posts: 7,407
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TacoBill View Post
Nothing beats the quietness of the stock setup, just ask Jed.

I'm glad now I didn't mess with any of that other stuff besides my LCA's and springs.
Tell me about it. Can't wait to get the diagnosis. I really hope it's just the swaybars as that's an easy fix. I'll just do a stock for aftermarket swap with somebody, or just buy the swaybars from one of those overstocked online vendors.

Last edited by LEO_06GT; 4/13/10 at 11:04 AM.
LEO_06GT is offline  
Old 4/13/10, 11:59 AM
  #32239  
Shelby GT500 Member
 
JedCranium's Avatar
 
Join Date: November 22, 2006
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 2,932
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TacoBill View Post
Nothing beats the quietness of the stock setup, just ask Jed.

I'm glad now I didn't mess with any of that other stuff besides my LCA's and springs.
It's funny when I get in a stock car it feels so tame. Like the first time I drove Ray's GT500 very smooth and so quite. I wouldn't change anything I did because I knew what I was getting into. The track experience makes it so worth while. It's mostly the F'n bumps on the common streets and roads that make it noticeable.
JedCranium is offline  
Old 4/13/10, 12:08 PM
  #32240  
Mustang Fanatic
 
LEO_06GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 24, 2006
Location: San Diego
Posts: 7,407
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by JedCranium View Post
It's mostly the F'n bumps on the common streets and roads that make it noticeable.
Exactly. Which is what I deal with 100% of the time. Not to mention it's embarassing when I'm driving over a speed bump in a parking lot and my car sounds like some 50 year old beater. Your right though, I shouldn't have expected a stock quality ride with aftermarket parts. Oh well, live and learn right?
LEO_06GT is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Ponies on The Run (Again)


Featured Sponsors

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.