Notices
General Mustang Chat Not Tech or Model Year Specific

Ponies on The Run (Again)

Old 2/8/10, 07:36 AM
  #31401  
 
Join Date: September 23, 2004
Location: SoCal
Posts: 10,036
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by habu View Post
So... any word on the pub-crawl trip to SD ?? Jed mentioned the rail but nada since....
I'm basically good to go anytime.

Let's take this to e-mail to nail down a date.




Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs View Post
Bill, Just took the car out and beat on it pretty good. Came back and no oil on the valve covers from the breathers. Oil filler cap/breather seems to to be doing its job still.
Thanks Gary! I need to get one of these now.

Brian.. Which direction you going with the breather/catch can setup? If the cc, want to sell your oil cap breather?




Originally Posted by JedCranium View Post
This afternoon by the beach (Redondo Beach, CA) was creepy, the ocean was making a strange sound. There was serious rip tide going on, even so it was a nice sunset.

Bet it was freezing out there.

No more pics of the Phuket Thai girl?
TacoBill is offline  
Old 2/8/10, 08:02 AM
  #31402  
Team Mustang Source
 
habu's Avatar
 
Join Date: September 14, 2005
Location: SoCal
Posts: 3,477
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by TacoBill View Post
Brian.. Which direction you going with the breather/catch can setup? If the cc, want to sell your oil cap breather?


Hell if I know. I probably should get the breather for the other side and finally sell the tank. What I should do is just bite the **** bullet and get the right braided line. I've seen and have pics on how to mount it but I'm either being lazy or stubborn for some reason. When I do make the move you've got dibs on the breather.


opinion time:
When I get the CJ front end should I loose the stripes, black out the markers and tail lights with a blacked out deck lid ??

Since my truck plans are temporarily on hold I'll spend some cambio for the CJ front-end, finally.
habu is offline  
Old 2/8/10, 08:33 AM
  #31403  
 
Join Date: September 23, 2004
Location: SoCal
Posts: 10,036
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by habu View Post
Hell if I know. I probably should get the breather for the other side and finally sell the tank. What I should do is just bite the **** bullet and get the right braided line. I've seen and have pics on how to mount it but I'm either being lazy or stubborn for some reason. When I do make the move you've got dibs on the breather.


opinion time:
When I get the CJ front end should I loose the stripes, black out the markers and tail lights with a blacked out deck lid ??

Since my truck plans are temporarily on hold I'll spend some cambio for the CJ front-end, finally.
Honestly, the easiest fix is to just order a set of K&N breathers for $40 and be done with it in 10 mins. I'm betting you got so much oil spooge build up inside your intake from waiting this long. People have posted pics all over the forums (Gary too) on what happens when you don't run a breather/cc setup when FI.

CJ front.. I like your stripes, but if it doesn't work with the CJ front end, I'd probably loose the stripes.
Not sure about a blacked out trunk lid.
TacoBill is offline  
Old 2/8/10, 09:48 AM
  #31404  
Mustang Fanatic
 
LEO_06GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 24, 2006
Location: San Diego
Posts: 7,407
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by habu View Post
Hell if I know. I probably should get the breather for the other side and finally sell the tank. What I should do is just bite the **** bullet and get the right braided line. I've seen and have pics on how to mount it but I'm either being lazy or stubborn for some reason. When I do make the move you've got dibs on the breather.


opinion time:
When I get the CJ front end should I loose the stripes, black out the markers and tail lights with a blacked out deck lid ??

Since my truck plans are temporarily on hold I'll spend some cambio for the CJ front-end, finally.
Not feeling the blacked out look on Sub Zero.
LEO_06GT is offline  
Old 2/8/10, 11:49 AM
  #31405  
Team Mustang Source
 
habu's Avatar
 
Join Date: September 14, 2005
Location: SoCal
Posts: 3,477
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by TacoBill View Post
Honestly, the easiest fix is to just order a set of K&N breathers for $40 and be done with it in 10 mins. I'm betting you got so much oil spooge build up inside your intake from waiting this long. People have posted pics all over the forums (Gary too) on what happens when you don't run a breather/cc setup when FI.

CJ front.. I like your stripes, but if it doesn't work with the CJ front end, I'd probably loose the stripes.
Not sure about a blacked out trunk lid.
I should tear into it to see how bad it is but hesitant to do so.
Misspoke. Not trunk lid the panel between the tail lights were the badge is. Just got off the phone with KC and the bumper cover is backordered until march.

Originally Posted by LEO_06GT View Post
Not feeling the blacked out look on Sub Zero.
thanks. I was wondering. But without seeing it, it's hard to tell if I'd like it. Ideally the stripes would be gone only to get them painted. I'm so used to them now, not having them would be strange

repying on the iPhone sucks *****
habu is offline  
Old 2/8/10, 11:56 AM
  #31406  
 
Join Date: September 23, 2004
Location: SoCal
Posts: 10,036
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by habu View Post
I should tear into it to see how bad it is but hesitant to do so.
Misspoke. Not trunk lid the panel between the tail lights were the badge is. Just got off the phone with KC and the bumper cover is backordered until march.
That's why going the breather route is so simple, there's no hesitation.

Bumper.. Pull a Leo and find another source.



Originally Posted by habu View Post
Ideally the stripes would be gone only to get them painted. I'm so used to them now, not having them would be strange
That's my feeling exactly.
TacoBill is offline  
Old 2/8/10, 04:20 PM
  #31407  
Cobra Member
 
Join Date: November 15, 2007
Location: Torrance, CA
Posts: 1,460
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by LEO_06GT View Post
Not feeling the blacked out look on Sub Zero.
+1
Superfly SN95 is offline  
Old 2/8/10, 07:40 PM
  #31408  
Team Mustang Source
 
habu's Avatar
 
Join Date: September 14, 2005
Location: SoCal
Posts: 3,477
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks guys.

What I need to do is find that shop that does the stripes for 695 or whatever it was....
habu is offline  
Old 2/9/10, 07:19 AM
  #31409  
 
Join Date: September 23, 2004
Location: SoCal
Posts: 10,036
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by habu View Post
What I need to do is find that shop that does the stripes for 695 or whatever it was....
I think it was around $800 from some shop in Corona or one of those BFE towns out there.

You'll have to search for that guy with the GO w/silver stripes for more info.


edit.. because I was bored..

https://themustangsource.com/showpos...4&postcount=14

Rob paid $750 OTD
https://themustangsource.com/showpos...0&postcount=33


Crap, I always wanted to do this the day I put my stripes on.

Last edited by TacoBill; 2/9/10 at 07:30 AM.
TacoBill is offline  
Old 2/9/10, 08:19 AM
  #31410  
Team Mustang Source
 
habu's Avatar
 
Join Date: September 14, 2005
Location: SoCal
Posts: 3,477
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
750 is not bad... I'll have to call the up.

Got a decent tax return which should land next Friday
habu is offline  
Old 2/9/10, 11:10 AM
  #31411  
Shelby GT500 Member
 
Ray Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: October 7, 2006
Location: Monrovia, CA
Posts: 2,694
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow... not one word from anybody about the Super Bowl game.

I thought it was one of the best games in years.
Ray Man is offline  
Old 2/9/10, 11:26 AM
  #31412  
 
Join Date: September 23, 2004
Location: SoCal
Posts: 10,036
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Ray Man View Post
Wow... not one word from anybody about the Super Bowl game.
Coming from a guy who's ditching the SD question.
TacoBill is offline  
Old 2/9/10, 11:32 AM
  #31413  
Post *****
 
cdynaco's Avatar
 
Join Date: December 14, 2007
Location: State of Jefferson Mountains USA
Posts: 16,417
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Ray Man View Post
Wow... not one word from anybody about the Super Bowl game.

I thought it was one of the best games in years.
Yeah I'm surprised how quiet its been. I thought it was a great game too. So often its the playoffs that are better, but this year we saw great playoff games and a great SB!
cdynaco is offline  
Old 2/9/10, 12:22 PM
  #31414  
Team Mustang Source
 
GottaHaveIt's Avatar
 
Join Date: January 5, 2005
Posts: 11,364
Likes: 0
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Ray Man View Post
Wow... not one word from anybody about the Super Bowl game.

I thought it was one of the best games in years.
It's in the sports forum my guess my kid picked it and made me $100.00 so I gave him 25 I should have added the MVP he guess that too.
GottaHaveIt is offline  
Old 2/9/10, 01:21 PM
  #31415  
Shelby GT500 Member
 
Ray Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: October 7, 2006
Location: Monrovia, CA
Posts: 2,694
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TacoBill View Post
Coming from a guy who's ditching the SD question.
Sorry, count me out.


And how about that Danica Patrick? Finishing 6th and what a good recovery from her spin.
Ray Man is offline  
Old 2/9/10, 03:02 PM
  #31416  
 
Join Date: September 23, 2004
Location: SoCal
Posts: 10,036
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Ray Man View Post
Sorry, count me out.
Ray, don't be a party pooper, you can order rootbeer!
TacoBill is offline  
Old 2/9/10, 11:35 PM
  #31417  
Shelby GT500 Member
 
JedCranium's Avatar
 
Join Date: November 22, 2006
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 2,932
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Ray Man View Post
Sorry, count me out.
Originally Posted by TacoBill View Post
Ray, don't be a party pooper, you can order rootbeer!
Come on Ray you have to ride the rail with us it's an American tradition! Plus San Diego is a hot spot of fun and food! I want to try to visit that pizza joint that Guy went to on DD&D's
JedCranium is offline  
Old 2/10/10, 12:09 AM
  #31418  
Team Mustang Source
 
habu's Avatar
 
Join Date: September 14, 2005
Location: SoCal
Posts: 3,477
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
yo Jed, didja get my email ??
habu is offline  
Old 2/10/10, 01:27 AM
  #31419  
Shelby GT500 Member
 
Ray Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: October 7, 2006
Location: Monrovia, CA
Posts: 2,694
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jed, here's your next investment...

NASA Space Shuttles

NASA's official night launches might be over, but you can recreate them with one of the remaining NASA Space Shuttles (roughly $28 million). Space Shuttle Discovery has already been sold, but Atlantis and Endeavour are both still available, representing not only a verified piece of human history but billions of dollars worth of government funded R&D. Plus, you know, it's actually been to space, not unlike a gigantic moon rock that you'll need more than just a little shelf space to display.

Ray Man is offline  
Old 2/10/10, 01:50 AM
  #31420  
Shelby GT500 Member
 
JedCranium's Avatar
 
Join Date: November 22, 2006
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 2,932
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TacoBill View Post
I'm basically good to go anytime.

Let's take this to e-mail to nail down a date.





Thanks Gary! I need to get one of these now.

Brian.. Which direction you going with the breather/catch can setup? If the cc, want to sell your oil cap breather?





Bet it was freezing out there.

No more pics of the Phuket Thai girl?
Ya our waitress was a cute, only problem is I think I could be her dad. May sugar daddy! I should of told her...JedCanCook!
JedCranium is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Ponies on The Run (Again)


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.