General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Ponies on The Run (Again)

Search this Thread

Old 2/7/10, 12:37 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jed-Engine bay looks AMAZING!!!!

Everyone else-Yes I'm talking about the factory nav unit.
Old 2/7/10, 01:37 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by JedCranium
The AN and hose fittings came from Mr Gasket the Shadow Series (Titanium finish), check out the attached PDF document.

The breaded hose with the "red" thread came from Aeroquip>

Moroso Catch can>(85473).Bracket is custom machined from Jim Cook Machine>

The Catch Can I bought through Lethal Performance>. The Fittings through Parts Performance Center>.

The Radiator hose fittings slip over your hose and they still use a hose clamp hidden inside. It was an easy way of getting a custom look without spending a lot of dough! FYI the radiator hoses are actually stock they just look pretty because I put a coat of Adams VRT on them.

P.S. I have some Scott Drake billet screws but you can't see them it that picture. I may spread the use of them in the bay!

Jed
Thank's for all the information. The Catch Can was already ordered with other Morosso staff. Just waiting when it will come to me. Did you clear coated them after polishing or not?

Here some pictures of polished Scott Drake screws - they come originally satin brushed ugly finish .

Old 2/7/10, 02:02 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
I've got an iphone/itunes question for you Brian or Bill or whomever.

I've got all my music on my iMac in iTunes. About 29GB of music. The computer is in my bedroom on a desk. My iPhone and iPods are linked to this computer both as it is where they dock and sync, but they are all also on the same secure wi-fi network at my house.

I currently use the smaller air port express stations at my home theater, at my whole house audio receiver, and connected to the stereo in my shop. This boosts my wi-fi range and also allows the music from my iMacs iTunes library to be played all over the house at the same time. I've got speakers the living room, dining room, kitchen, theater, outside patios, etc and the music plays across these without fail.

The question i have is it possible to use my iPhone as a kind of remote to skip songs, pause, etc. over the wi-fi network to the computer. Not as an infrared remote, but a kind of remote link through wi-fi.

I know that in close proximity I can use bluetooth but I have to be near the iMac for this.

What I'd like to be able to do is work in my shop and when I want to change songs, go to my iPhone and skip or pick a song and then it would play through all the speakers.

Ideas?

Last edited by 2k7gtcs; 2/7/10 at 02:13 PM.
Old 2/7/10, 02:09 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
itunes apps remote free version looks close ?
Attached Images  

Last edited by GottaHaveIt; 2/7/10 at 02:14 PM.
Old 2/7/10, 02:15 PM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by LEO_06GT
Everyone else-Yes I'm talking about the factory nav unit.
So who has a factory nav that you need to update, and what are you bartering in return?

Originally Posted by seabiscuit
Here some pictures of polished Scott Drake screws - they come originally satin brushed ugly finish .
Looks great!

I remember running a K&N CAI way back when..

Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
I've got an iphone/itunes question for you Brian or Bill or whomever.

I've got all my music on my iMac in iTunes. About 29GB of music. The computer is in my bedroom on a desk. My iPhone and iPods are linked to this computer both as it is where they dock and sink, but they are all also on the same secure wi-fi network at my house.

I currently use the smaller sir port express stations at my home theater, at my whole house audio receiver, and connected to the stereo in my shop. This boosts my wi-fi range and also allows the music from my iMacs iTunes library to be played all over the house at the same time. I've got speakers the living room, dining room, kitchen, theater, outside patios, etc and the music plays across these without fail.

The question i have is it possible to use my iPhone as a kind of remote to skip songs, pause, etc. over the wi-fi network to the computer. Not as an infrared remote, but a kind of remote link through wi-fi.

I know that in close proximity I can use bluetooth but I have to be near the iMac for this.

What I'd like to be able to do is work in my shop and when I want to change songs, go to my iPhone and skip or pick a song and then it would play through all the speakers.

Ideas?
Short answer, nope (at least I don't think you can).

Although your home audio wi-fi sounds cool and all, just get one of these for your shop and call it good.
Old 2/7/10, 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by GottaHaveIt
Can't hurt to try Ed's solution first, it's free!
Old 2/7/10, 02:17 PM
Post *****

Thank you Ed!!!!!

I'll give it a try and give a report.
Old 2/7/10, 02:18 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by TacoBill
Can't hurt to try Ed's solution first, it's free!
wasn't a soulution per say I have heard there is better ! Bill ideas
Old 2/7/10, 02:23 PM
Team Mustang Source

could sell lots of hamburglars & buy a Bose system I had three gave one to my X-wife
Old 2/7/10, 02:59 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by TacoBill
So who has a factory nav that you need to update, and what are you bartering in return?
A friend from work. I could've sworn somebody said they had a hook up on them. Guess I was just imagining ****.

could sell lots of hamburglars & buy a Bose system I had three gave one to my X-wife
Old 2/7/10, 03:54 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
the apple remote app for the iPhone pairs to your itunes library and you can control the library from the iPhone. Depending on the range it *should* do what you want.

Two posts in a day... Leo you're gonna break a record

So... any word on the pub-crawl trip to SD ?? Jed mentioned the rail but nada since....
Old 2/7/10, 04:16 PM
Team Mustang Source

Almost game Time
Old 2/7/10, 04:48 PM
Post *****

Bill, Just took the car out and beat on it pretty good. Came back and no oil on the valve covers from the breathers. Oil filler cap/breather seems to to be doing its job still.
Old 2/7/10, 07:45 PM
Post *****

Well. Apple Remote works. I've got coverage all over my house. Pretty cool. Thanks Ed.
Old 2/7/10, 09:50 PM
Team Mustang Source

Well. Apple Remote works. I've got coverage all over my house. Pretty cool. Thanks Ed.
No s h i t really I don't have apple tv & I still can't get it to work for me ! grrr
Old 2/7/10, 09:52 PM
Team Mustang Source

Bill, Just took the car out and beat on it pretty good. Came back and no oil on the valve covers from the breathers. Oil filler cap/breather seems to to be doing its job still.
did we need to really know if you used oil or not with rosey when you take that 7 out of the garage ?
Old 2/8/10, 01:16 AM
Cobra Member

No s h i t really I don't have apple tv & I still can't get it to work for me ! grrr

All you need is Wi-Fi; you pair up the iPhone to iTunes similar to how you would bluetooth.

This is one of my favorite Apps.
Old 2/8/10, 02:29 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

This afternoon by the beach (Redondo Beach, CA) was creepy, the ocean was making a strange sound. There was serious rip tide going on, even so it was a nice sunset.

Last edited by JedCranium; 2/8/10 at 02:33 AM.
Old 2/8/10, 02:46 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by seabiscuit
Thank's for all the information. The Catch Can was already ordered with other Morosso staff. Just waiting when it will come to me. Did you clear coated them after polishing or not?

That looks great never though about polishing the SD A-bolts great tip. I didn't clear coat the billet bracket or the the catch can. I'm one of those crazy people that actually likes to buff/polish the billet.
Old 2/8/10, 07:36 AM

Originally Posted by habu
So... any word on the pub-crawl trip to SD ?? Jed mentioned the rail but nada since....
I'm basically good to go anytime.

Let's take this to e-mail to nail down a date.

Thanks Gary! I need to get one of these now.

Brian.. Which direction you going with the breather/catch can setup? If the cc, want to sell your oil cap breather?

Originally Posted by JedCranium
This afternoon by the beach (Redondo Beach, CA) was creepy, the ocean was making a strange sound. There was serious rip tide going on, even so it was a nice sunset.

Bet it was freezing out there.

No more pics of the Phuket Thai girl?

Quick Reply: Ponies on The Run (Again)