General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Ponies on The Run (Again)

Search this Thread

Old 1/25/10, 08:20 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow I forgot about the ROUSH! Picked up the car today from Voss Performance the car rides like it ready for the track! the ROUSH coilovers are stiffer than the Stage 2 system I had. Right now the dampening adjustment is set a #2 soft on a scale to 12 stiff. I don't think I want it any stiffer for now it drives firm. The new gears I felt the difference on the frwy, top gear is not as high on the frwy in a good way. I need to put 500 miles on the gears before I go ape-chit. I like the stance evey time I look at the car it seem lower and lower. Very happy with the work Eric did, he's a considerate mechanic and he know's what he's doing. I'll deffinetly go back and do more work with him. I was thinking of maybe a....K-Memba!

Koji stopped by and said hello and I also met Eric's dad nice guy!
Old 1/25/10, 08:34 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Originally Posted by JedCranium
I'm going to have to try Nick's sounds good! I love the idea of the tamale and queso sauce dang that sounds good! I usually grate some Kraft Crackebarrel Extra Sharp on my chili but I was to hungry and lazy to do it. There's a restaurant here called Banderas and they have the best cornbread. It has real corn, chilies and cheddar cheese in it, it's moist and man is it good with chili. I'll take a picture of it next time I visit.

Have you ever had a white chili? I don't even know what's in it but it sounds interesting.
I have had Spanish style white chili and around here it is considered to be a chili that is not tomato based and also without red chili peppers or red chili powder in it. They make it with beef here. I've had it on occasion and it isn't bad.

I'm like you. On a plain bowl of chili I'll shred Extra sharp over it. The tanginess is perfect.

My mom makes a good cornbread. I've got a recipe for it somewhere. It's an all around type cornbread that they use whenever they make the same chili. It's also the basis in their Thanksgiving turkey cornbread stuffing. Of course its cornmeal though. They use it mostly to go with pinto beans. They'll make a big pot of beans and bacon and supposedly that goes good with beans. I wouldn't know because I won't eat the beans. I know its crazy but beans make me gag.

Sorry to hijack, but probably my favorite dish that I make is called Mexican Spaghetti or some call it Chili Spaghetti. It's very similar to the CS chili, but you use more tomato sauce, make meatballs out of some ground chuck, and also throw in some diced jalapenos while you're sauteing the onions. It's so freaking good. When I get stuffed up sinuses I'll make some to clear me out.
Old 1/25/10, 08:35 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Wow I forgot about the ROUSH! Picked up the car today from Voss Performance the car rides like it ready for the track! the ROUSH coilovers are stiffer than the Stage 2 system I had. Right now the dampening adjustment is set a #2 soft on a scale to 12 stiff. I don't think I want it any stiffer for now it drives firm. The new gears I felt the difference on the frwy, top gear is not as high on the frwy in a good way. I need to put 500 miles on the gears before I go ape-chit. I like the stance evey time I look at the car it seem lower and lower. Very happy with the work Eric did, he's a considerate mechanic and he know's what he's doing. I'll deffinetly go back and do more work with him. I was thinking of maybe a....K-Memba!

Koji stopped by and said hello and I also met Eric's dad nice guy!
Looking forward to pics.

Old 1/25/10, 09:39 PM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
sounds awesome Jed....she's **** near on the ground in that one pic!
Old 1/25/10, 11:08 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
Looking forward to pics.

Originally Posted by StangMahn
sounds awesome Jed....she's **** near on the ground in that one pic!

I'll try to take some pictures Saturday. I'm glad Eric convinced me to leave it at it's current height, drive it a while and let the suspension settle in. I was paranoid already that I was going to scrap the front valence on every dip! During the alignment we had the camber set to 1 degree (-) to give it a little more bite and handle better in the twisties. Just got back again from Fullerton to pick up the Highlander thanks TB & The Pamster!
Old 1/25/10, 11:21 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well, JCC inspired me to make some Chili myself. Since I can eat something like that because it is pretty soft when it's done. No videos because I can't do impressions for sh|t and no one wants to see my ugly mug anyway

but I will leave you with this... the recipe. Problem is I won't be able to taste it until tomorrow, so I have no idea if it'll be any good.

2 lbs. of coarsely ground meat
( I chose stew beef and cut the chunks into thumbnail sized pieces)
2 8 oz. can of tomato sauce (mexican style if preferred) Extra 1/2 can to thin it out a bit, it was WAY too thick.
1 15 oz. can of beef broth
1 can S&W chili beans (this is very optional and only included because I can't have just beef at this stage)

Mix the following for spices dump one

1 Tbsp onion powder
1 Tbsp of Pacific Beauty Paprika
1 Tbsp Forth Worth Light Chili powder
2 tsp garlic powder
½ tsp cayenne
¼ tsp black pepper
1 package Sazon Goya

Mix the following for spices dump two
2-1/2 Tbsp San Antonio Red Chili powder
1-1/2 Tbsp Gebhardts chili powder
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp oregano
¼ tsp white pepper

Mix the following for spices for dump three
1 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp cayenne
¾ Tbsp San Antonio Red Chili Powder*
1 Tbsp cumin

Cooking the Chili

1. Gray the meat and drain grease
2. Slow boil meat in beef broth & 1 equal can of distilled water & tomato sauce & beans
3. Add spice dump one on a medium boil for 60 minutes
4. Add dump two on a medium boil for 45 minutes
5. Add dump three on a medium boil for 15 minutes.

In last five minutes taste for heat - adjust as required,

Now I'm stil cooking it, started late and I forgot the onion to chop and add Oh well there is next time.
I'm not good enough yet to remember to do everything in steps and take pics along the way. So here is spice dump three and what's on the stove right now.

Most of the spices can be purchase at Pendery's (www.penderys.com)

Last edited by habu; 1/26/10 at 12:19 AM.
Old 1/25/10, 11:27 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by habu
Well, JCC inspired me to make some Chili myself. Since I can eat something like that because it is pretty soft when it's done. No videos because I can't do impressions for sh|t and no one wants to see my ugly mug anyway

but I will leave you with this... the recipe. Problem is I won't be able to taste it until tomorrow, so I have no idea if it'll be any good.

2 lbs. of coarsely ground meat
( I chose stew beef and cut the chunks into thumbnail sized pieces)
1 8 oz. can of tomato sauce (mexican style if preferred)
1 15 oz. can of beef broth
1 can S&W chili beans (this is very optional and only included because I can't have just beef at this stage)

Mix the following for spices dump one

1 Tbsp onion powder
1 Tbsp of Pacific Beauty Paprika
2 tsp garlic powder
½ tsp cayenne
¼ tsp black pepper
1 package Sazon Goya

Mix the following for spices dump two
2-1/2 Tbsp San Antonio Red Chili powder
1-1/2 Tbsp Gebhardts chili powder
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp oregano
¼ tsp white pepper

Mix the following for spices for dump three
1 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp cayenne
¾ Tbsp San Antonio Red Chili Powder*
1 Tbsp cumin

Cooking the Chili

2. Slow boil meat in beef broth & 1 equal can of distilled water & tomato sauce & beans

In last five minutes taste for heat - adjust as required,

Now I'm stil cooking it, started late and I forgot the onion to chop and add Oh well there is next time.

Most of the spices can be purchase at Pendery's (www.penderys.com)
Dang that's a master chef recipe I feel so Sara Lee! It's gotta be good with Sazon!

Hey Brian I think your missing a step...

Cooking the Chili

6. Take a dump.

Last edited by JedCranium; 1/25/10 at 11:42 PM.
Old 1/25/10, 11:43 PM
Team Mustang Source

Dang that's a master chef recipe I feel so Sara Lee! It's gotta be good with Sazon!
Thanks Jed !!! LOL @ the instruction additions...

We should have a POTR chili cookoff, or just another excuse to get together for some food, beer and B.S.
What is Sazon exactly? I picked it up from another recipe, which this is a mashup of, and bought a box, I have no idea what it is or does

Overall, taking little tastes here and there, it's got a decent kick but it's not burning. I really wish I would have added some diced or stewed tomatoes and that onion. That would put it over the top, IMO right now. Still can't wait for lunch tomorrow

Last edited by habu; 1/25/10 at 11:44 PM.
Old 1/25/10, 11:48 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Thanks Jed !!! LOL @ the instruction additions...

We should have a POTR chili cookoff, or just another excuse to get together for some food, beer and B.S.
What is Sazon exactly? I picked it up from another recipe, which this is a mashup of, and bought a box, I have no idea what it is or does

Overall, taking little tastes here and there, it's got a decent kick but it's not burning. I really wish I would have added some diced or stewed tomatoes and that onion. That would put it over the top, IMO right now. Still can't wait for lunch tomorrow
Looks great! We should do a POTR Chili Throw Down we could send samples to people outside of SoCal!

At first I thought Sazon was MSG based but here is the skinny...

Sazon seasoning is a combination of herbs and spices that carries Latino and Caribbean flavors specific to those areas of the world. Usually this type of seasoning can be found in local supermarkets. In case it is difficult for you to find it, then you should oriented using caterers which deliver food to Hispanics because they will most likely sell sazon seasoning. Goya foods is one such food company that has become quite an authority Caribbean, Spanish, Mexican, Central and South American food. So, sazon seasoning is actually seasoned salt based on Spanish and Mexican spices and herbs meant for cooking meat, fish and poultry. It also works in cooking soups and stews.
Sazon Seasoning Ingredients
In case you can not find sazon seasoning in your local superstores then you can simply buy bulk herbs and spices and prepare your own mixture at home. The ingredients used in this seasoning can boost the flavor to more or less spicy food for the dish you are preparing. For instance, black beans and rice rely on the sazon seasoning which requires that you add to the dish olive oil, chopped onions, chopped bell peppers, oregano and paprika, salt, black and cayenne pepper. Black beans and rice is a specific Mexican dish and sazon seasoning is quite recommended in order to obtain the original taste. Other dishes for which you can use sazon seasoning are chicken cutlets, crock pot roast, kidney bean and rice, and so on. The list can go on.
Ingredients for Flavor Used in Puerto Rico
The sazon seasoning is pretty unique in flavor and the foil packets do wonders to your dishes. One packet contains mono sodium glutamate, salt, garlic, and coriander and color boosters. this seasoning is also very much used in Puerto Rico where it has as ingredients dried cilantro, paprika, saffron, garlic powder, ground cumin and salt.
Goya Seazon Seasoning
Goya company which produces sazon seasoning in the United States has also produced the version of this mix without salt. They have done this showing concern and care for those who want to reduce the salt in their food based on medical reasons. This way they have ensured that customers that are into Latino flavors in food can carry on with their most loved dishes and preferences in terms of food.
Like any other seasoning, sazon is for those who want to make their meals a wonderful experience. People like eating and trying foreign cuisines and this is no longer restrained because of the space and distance factor. If you want Latino taste, then all you need is sazon seasoning which is a whole lot cheaper than buying a plane ticket to Spain or Mexico.

Last edited by JedCranium; 1/25/10 at 11:50 PM.
Old 1/26/10, 12:17 AM
Team Mustang Source

and that's why Jed Can Cook and I just follow instructions, with little deviation. Thanks man

a POTR throwdown would be a blast

I added 1 can of tomato sauce to the ingredients. It was WAY too thick and since I had about 20 minutes left it looked like it could start burning. So another slight mod.

Finished product

Last edited by habu; 1/26/10 at 12:29 AM.
Old 1/26/10, 12:43 AM
Cobra Member

Guys, I'm hungry now
Old 1/26/10, 07:12 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Hey Brian I think your missing a step...

Cooking the Chili

6. Take a dump.

https://themustangsource.com/showpos...9&postcount=72

New Mexico Chilli cook off.

Note: Please take time to read this slowly. If you pay attention to the first two judges, the reaction of the third judge is even better.
For those of you who have lived in New Mexico, you know how true this is. They actually have a Chili Cook-off about the time Halloween comes around. It takes up a major portion of a parking lot at the Santa Fe Plaza.
Judge #3 was an inexperienced Chile taster named Frank, who was visiting from Springfield, IL. Frank: 'Recently, I was honored to be selected as a judge at a chili cook-off. The original person called in sick at the last moment and I happened to be standing there at the judge's table, asking for directions to the Coors Light truck, when the call came in. I was assured by the other two judges (Native New Mexicans) that the chili wouldn't be all that
spicy; and, besides, they told me I could have free beer during the tasting, so I accepted and became Judge #3.
Here are the scorecard notes from the event:

CHILI # 1 - MIKE'S MANIAC MONSTER CHILI
Judge # 1 -- A little too heavy on the tomato. Amusing kick.
Judge # 2 -- Nice, smooth tomato flavor. Very mild.
Judge # 3 (Frank) -- Holy crap, what the hell is this stuff? You could remove dried paint from your driveway. Took me two beers to put the flames out. I hope that's the worst one. These New Mexicans are crazy.

CHILI # 2 - EL RANCHO'S AFTERBURNER CHILI
Judge # 1 -- Smoky, with a hint of pork. Slight jalapeno tang.
Judge # 2 -- Exciting BBQ flavor, needs more peppers to be taken
seriously.
Judge # 3 -- Keep this out of the reach of children. I'm not sure what I'm supposed to taste besides pain. I had to wave off two people who wanted to give me the Heimlich maneuver. They had to rush in more beer when they saw the look on my face.

CHILI # 3 - ALFREDO'S FAMOUS BURN DOWN THE BARN CHILI
Judge # 1 -- Excellent firehouse chili. Great kick.
Judge # 2 -- A bit salty, good use of peppers.
Judge # 3 -- Call the EPA. I've located a uranium spill. My nose feels like I have been snorting Drano. Everyone knows the routine by now. Get me more beer before I ignite. Barmaid pounded me on the back, now my backbone is in the front part of my chest. I'm getting sh*t-faced from all of the beer.

CHILI #4 BUBBA'S BLACK MAGIC
Judge # 1 -- Black bean chili with almost no spice. Disappointing.
Judge # 2 -- Hint of lime in the black beans. Good side dish for fish or other mild foods, not much of a chili.
Judge # 3 -- I felt something scraping across my tongue, but was unable to taste it. Is it possible to burn out taste buds? Sally, the beer maid, was standing behind me with fresh refills. This 300 lb. woman is starting to look HOT ... just like this nuclear waste I'm eating! Is chili an aphrodisiac?

CHILI # 5 - LISA'S LEGAL LIP REMOVER
Judge # 1 -- Meaty, strong chili. Jalapeno peppers freshly ground,
adding considerable kick. Very impressive.
Judge # 2 -- Chili using shredded beef, could use more tomato. Must admit the jalapeno peppers make a strong statement.
Judge # 3 -- My ears are ringing, sweat is pouring off my forehead and I can no longer focus my eyes. I farted, and four people behind me needed paramedics. The contestant seemed offended when I told her that her chili had given me brain damage. Sally saved my tongue from bleeding by pouring beer directly on it from the pitcher. I wonder if I'm burning my lips off. It really ticks me off that the other judges asked me to stop screaming. Screw them.

CHILI # 6 - VARGA'S VERY VEGETARIAN VARIETY
Judge # 1 -- Thin yet bold vegetarian variety chili. Good balance of spices and peppers.
Judge # 2 -- The best yet. Aggressive use of peppers, onions, garlic. Superb.
Judge # 3 -- My intestines are now a straight pipe filled with gaseous, sulfuric flames. I crapped on myself when I farted, and I'm worried it will eat through the chair. No one seems inclined to stand behind me except that Sally. Can't feel my lips anymore. I need to wipe my butt with a snow cone.

CHILI # 7 - SUSAN'S SCREAMING SENSATION CHILI
Judge # 1 -- A mediocre chili with too much reliance on canned peppers.
Judge # 2 -- Ho hum, tastes as if the chef literally threw in a can of chili peppers at the last moment. I should take note that I am worried about Judge #3. He appears to be in a bit of distress as he is cursing uncontrollably.
Judge # 3 -- You could put a grenade in my mouth, pull the pin, and I wouldn't feel a thing. I've lost sight in one eye, and the world sounds like it is made of rushing water. My shirt is covered with chili, which slid unnoticed out of my mouth. My pants are full of lava to match my shirt. At least during the autopsy, they'll know what killed me. I've decided to stop breathing. It's too painful. Screw it; I'm not getting any oxygen anyway. If I need air, I'll just suck it in through the 4-inch hole in my stomach.

CHILI # 8 - BIG TOM'S TOENAIL CURLING CHILI
Judge # 1 -- The perfect ending, this is a nice blend chili. Not too
bold but spicy enough to declare its existence.
Judge # 2 -- This final entry is a good, balanced chili. Neither mild nor hot. Sorry to see that most of it was lost when Judge #3 farted, passed out, fell over and pulled the chili pot down on top of himself. Not sure if he's going to make it. Poor fella, wonder how he'd have reacted to really hot chili?
Judge # 3 -- No report. __________________
Old 1/26/10, 07:53 AM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Wow I forgot about the ROUSH!
The Roush definitely looks lower in person. Makes my car look like it's at stock height.

a POTR throwdown would be a blast
More like Jed, Koji, and you. The rest of us will crack open a can of Hormels.

However, we can be the judges!
Old 1/26/10, 08:05 AM
Team Mustang Source

Heck that'd work....
Old 1/26/10, 10:40 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Great vid jed!

I was reading all this chili stuff last night while freezing my *** at work! I sure could have used some!!

Look at this!!! I should use my flight benefits and go check this out!!

2004 Cobra
Old 1/26/10, 11:21 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by USMC0341
Great vid jed!

I was reading all this chili stuff last night while freezing my *** at work! I sure could have used some!!

2004 Cobra
Dang that is deal! Do it!
Old 1/26/10, 02:00 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Did you ever notice that there is always a beautiful girl standing next to a high performance car- this is not a coincidence.
Old 1/26/10, 05:26 PM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by USMC0341

2004 Cobra
If you ever get one again, you have to let me drive it. I have to see if it's what I really want.
Old 1/26/10, 05:30 PM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
it is.
Old 1/26/10, 11:03 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Brian how was your chili? I like the thong shot!

Last edited by JedCranium; 1/26/10 at 11:04 PM.

Quick Reply: Ponies on The Run (Again)