General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Ponies on The Run (Again)

Old 1/18/10, 01:49 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
I think if the Vikes were at home I'd give them the edge. But it really seemed that the NFC home teams have all held serve. And that Superdome is gonna be a rockin'.

Cowboys sucked all around today. When it came time they had no heart. They knew just like I did going into the locker at half they were cooked. Always next year. Right Leo?
Better than C&C but a bit further a drive.
http://www.autoblog.com/2007/01/30/s...ms-socal-meet/
Old 1/18/10, 07:48 AM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Mines the exact same way. The more I drive it the better it runs on startup.

Could it be a carbon thing on the plugs being burnt off better?
That's what I'm thinking too.

Originally Posted by BoogieNights
Hey guys I got a question for ya. Has anybody ever heard of a company called Fiberglass Trend out in Orange County??
Nope, sorry.
Old 1/18/10, 05:17 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
so, everyone survive...

STORM WATCH 2010

Old 1/18/10, 06:00 PM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
how about storm squad watch?

Old 1/18/10, 06:26 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by StangMahn
how about storm squad watch?

I could watch that all night long

Heck I'd even let the Hurricane logo stay
Old 1/18/10, 07:50 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by habu
so, everyone survive...

STORM WATCH 2010

I was deep in it while driving to Burbank from LAX. I took side streets and avoided all freeway traffic. Then around 3:30 it was beautiful clear sunny!
Old 1/18/10, 09:00 PM
Legacy TMS Member

so, everyone survive...

STORM WATCH 2010

It's only the first storm of three.

Don't put your galoshes away.
Old 1/18/10, 09:37 PM
Team Mustang Source

don't know about you guys but over here it was freakin pouring at about 2pm, it's been awhile since I've seen it rain this hard. Bring on the other two.
Old 1/18/10, 09:41 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
don't know about you guys but over here it was freakin pouring at about 2pm, it's been awhile since I've seen it rain this hard. Bring on the other two.
Did your parking lot flood like last year?
Old 1/18/10, 10:53 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Sooooo who's buying the new Shelby GT 350?It was good to see the old man at Barrett Jackson! He said he almost went flat two weeks ago.

Last edited by JedCranium; 1/18/10 at 10:55 PM.
Old 1/18/10, 11:35 PM
Team Mustang Source

Did your parking lot flood like last year?
Yea it looks like it, there are several cars where the high-water mark is about 1/2 way up the rear wheels. Luckily I was at work when it hit so it was mostly drained by the time I got home. At it's deepest it was probably mid-shin almost knee deep... the lot is sort of V-shaped.

Originally Posted by JedCranium
Sooooo who's buying the new Shelby GT 350?It was good to see the old man at Barrett Jackson! He said he almost went flat two weeks ago.
Not for the price. That whipple looks like it's either the 3.4 or 4.0L version, it's HUGE. Not too sure on the body kit but the rear is the best '10+ I've seen. Wheels... jury is out. Overall no one can complain that it's just a graphics package and FRPP parts. Still people *****. We should be thankful that even in this economy, oil prices and climate (everything is green) that someone like Shelby is putting out a monster like that at all.

Last edited by habu; 1/18/10 at 11:38 PM.
Old 1/18/10, 11:44 PM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I am not feeling this AT ALL!

We should be thankful that even in this economy, oil prices and climate (everything is green) that someone like Shelby is putting out a monster like that at all.
While I agree, one of the guys in the other thread said it looks like it was designed for Fast & the Furious and I have to agree... It looks more body kit than muscle car, IMO...
Old 1/18/10, 11:57 PM
Cobra Member

Yea it looks like it, there are several cars where the high-water mark is about 1/2 way up the rear wheels. Luckily I was at work when it hit so it was mostly drained by the time I got home. At it's deepest it was probably mid-shin almost knee deep... the lot is sort of V-shaped.
Ah... the official system of measure

What's that measurement in cigarette boxes?

so, everyone survive...

STORM WATCH 2010

Sunday was a little scary since I had to drive to Chino and saw a total of six crashes; two of those being cars that flipped Today wasn't so bad except for the fact that I kept going in circles in this one empty parking lot... I think I was giving it too much gas because I wasn't getting traction

Originally Posted by Iceknyght
While I agree, one of the guys in the other thread said it looks like it was designed for Fast & the Furious and I have to agree... It looks more body kit than muscle car, IMO...
IMO, I think the old man is losing it

I'm not feeling the look at all They had very good ideas but didn't execute as well as they could have. Leaving the exterior alone is the best solution thus far IMO.
Old 1/19/10, 12:01 AM
Cobra Member

I agree!

I'm not feeling the look at all They had very good ideas but didn't execute as well as they could have. Leaving the exterior alone is the best solution thus far IMO.
Exactly... And why has no one still tried to 'fix' the rear end? I mean, out of all the spots to change, they all seem to leave the rear alone, changing minor things on the rear diffuser... I'd rather them spend a bit of cash there and not touch the rest of the car... They do that, I might actually be interested...
Old 1/19/10, 12:12 AM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
that thing is ugly....front back and sides

wtf is up with the hood? it would be cool if not for the fact that they sawed off the end for that wacky looking grill

Old 1/19/10, 08:53 AM

Originally Posted by superfly s197

Then again I feel he has no input at all into the design and performance upgrades that goes into these 'Shelbys' anymore, those days are long past. He's just there to sign off, give his thumbs up, and collect his royalties.

This white GT350 will look cheap once all the side skirts, spoiler, and valance turns to a yellow hue in several years.
Old 1/19/10, 08:58 AM

SoCal peeps

Sounds like the Mustang Cafe is coming back. I liked it better when it was 5 mins away at Ricky & Ronnies.

(From BCMC's FB page)
Date: Wednesday, March 17, 2010
Time: 6:00pm - 8:45pm
Location: Straw Hat Pizza - 6522 E. Spring St, Long Beach, CA 90815

Come join BCMC and friends as the MUSTANG CAFE returns on March 17, 2010.

Our new location is in Long Beach, at Straw Hat Pizza. 6522 E. Spring St, 90815. It is about one mile off of either the 405 (Palo Verde, Go North) or the 605 (Spring St, go west) freeways. It is on the corner of Palo Verde & Spring. The mall area also has several other eateries to choose from, all within 250 feet of where we'll park.

There is room for 80 cars to park together (we'll call this 'VIP' parking), and many others close by. The BCMC Board meet here for our last Board meeting, and we are all happy with the new location!
Old 1/19/10, 09:33 AM
Team Mustang Source

Then again it is a '10 body style, he didn't have much to work with in the first place

BCMC cafe.. might show up. Quit whinning.. some of us had to travel an hour to get there Now if he moved it to Woodland Hills or Laguna Nigel, you'd have a point

Still thinking of doing some sort of cruise in the next coming, not raining weekends. What does everyone think?

Last edited by habu; 1/19/10 at 09:35 AM.
Old 1/19/10, 09:43 AM
Cobra Member

Then again it is a '10 body style, he didn't have much to work with in the first place
LOL!

I actually think the potential is there for a great car, but all the aftermarket stuff has just made it worse instead of better... Just a few tweaks and that body and style could look pretty bad a$$...

But unlike the '05, which when I saw, I HAD to have, the '10-'11 models have been ho hum for me... Even with the new 5.0 engine, it's still not enough for me to jump over to the new style... I have been thinking about trading in my car for another Mustang and instead of looking at the new style, I keep finding myself looking at low mileage '08 and '09 models, instead of a new one...
Old 1/19/10, 09:49 AM

Quit whinning.. some of us had to travel an hour to get there Now if he moved it to Woodland Hills or Laguna Nigel, you'd have a point

Still thinking of doing some sort of cruise in the next coming, not raining weekends. What does everyone think?
You're 100% right!

Truth is, Jed and I got spoiled for 2+ years, and any place that's farther than that just seems like a pain to get to.

Cruise.. yup, still in the plans. Monica PM'd me on FB asking about it too.

Originally Posted by Iceknyght
... Even with the new 5.0 engine, it's still not enough for me to jump over to the new style... I have been thinking about trading in my car for another Mustang and instead of looking at the new style, I keep finding myself looking at low mileage '08 and '09 models, instead of a new one...
That's actually a good thing on the pocketbook.

I still have my sights set on a Termi.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Ponies on The Run (Again)