General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Ponies on The Run (Again)

Search this Thread

Old 10/2/06, 01:16 PM
GTR Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TacoBill
The fuel door should compliment the wheels, not be a contrast.
Crap! How do I get one, then?
Old 10/2/06, 01:42 PM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 89Trooper
Crap! How do I get one, then?
Oh, that statement was for the rest of the Mustang world, not you Tom.

But, if you want, SHR is more than willing to take your money, just click here.
Old 10/2/06, 03:00 PM

Well, I took the initiative and e-mailed Midwest Auto to check for a release date and price for the Shock Tower Covers.

I got a response!

We are hoping to have the shock tower covers available by the end of October. The price will be around 89.00 per set.

Old 10/2/06, 03:09 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Tom- I tried your car show method several times yesterday and luckily I didn't hear any negative comments. JMO but I don't think you need a fuel door. I don't think any of the three finsihes would look good. The black would look like a big black dot on your nice pw car and the other ones wouldn't match your scheme.

Bill-Wow that's an awsome price for the strut covers I can't wait. I'll probably get the black fuel door in the polished finish if I even get one regardless of the wheels I choose. Right now I'm stuck between Black or anthracite deep dish or non deep dish.
Old 10/2/06, 03:13 PM
Legacy TMS Member

WTF are Daryl and Susan???
H
E
R
E
Old 10/2/06, 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by LEO_06GT
Tom- I tried your car show method several times yesterday and luckily I didn't hear any negative comments.

Bill-Wow that's an awsome price for the strut covers I can't wait.
Funny, I like to hang around the engine bay too to hear what others have to say. Sometimes I act like a salesman and ask, "Can I answer any questions you have?" and it's most always releated to the Shaker.

WTH are Daryl and Susan???
H
E
R
E
Daryl's still hibernating under a rock from pulling an all nighter.

Susan? Well, she's in Vegas and we'll leave it at that!
Old 10/2/06, 03:32 PM
GTR Member

Tom-JMO but I don't think you need a fuel door.

Bill-Wow that's an awsome price for the strut covers I can't wait. I'll probably get the black fuel door in the polished finish if I even get one regardless of the wheels I choose. Right now I'm stuck between Black or anthracite deep dish or non deep dish.
I already decided against a fuel door. You're right... would look like a big black dot. I was just wondering how Bill's reasoning worked for my car.

Yes, that is a good price for the strut covers (since the nuts covers I bought were $113). I'll sell them on eBay and hopefully get back close to the $89.

I still vote for non-deep dish rims no matter what you get. If you get black, there has to be a ring of polished or chrome around the edge... if not, the rim and tire go right into each other and it looks like a cop car. Personally, I would do Bill's scheme if I had black (car color and polished). That would stand out so nice... a glossy black car and polished accents. Still think the anthracite is a little dull.
Old 10/2/06, 03:34 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Funny, I like to hang around the engine bay too to hear what others have to say. Sometimes I act like a salesman and ask, "Can I answer any questions you have?" and it's most always releated to the Shaker.
I have to agree with that statement. The majority of questions or talk amongst people are about the shaker. Mainly they argue with there significant other or their friend about how and where the air is routed. I only talked to the people that asked me something other than that I'd pretend it wasn't my car or just sit behind the car in my chair. I think most people didn't ask me something because they didn't think it was my car. I was easily the youngest person there the closest person in age was a guy named Shawn from my club who's in his late 20's early 30's. I think that might have thrown them off a bit. Just wondering for the next show is it wrong to sit in front of my car? I figured that way people would feel more comfortable asking about it. Or do you think they'd feel awkard and stay away?
(EXHALE)
Old 10/2/06, 03:38 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Daryl's still hibernating under a rock from pulling an all nighter.

Susan? Well, she's in Vegas and we'll leave it at that!
I'm here, just been lurking.
Congrats on 2nd Place Leo.
(Just wondering when someone will bring home a 1st Place )
The price on the Shock Tower Covers doesn't sound too bad at all.
I agree with Leo, no fuel door for you Tom.
The Mach 1 logo in flat black would look cool in the Shaker IMO, but I can't believe it came from Mr. "It's NOT a Mach1 therefore it will not put Mach 1 on it"
No new mods or news on my car
Old 10/2/06, 03:42 PM
GTR Member

I've seen you around all day.

Don't let Bill read that:

If they had a white one like the black one I would get it for the styling and the GT emblem in it. (Can you photochip one in white, Daryl?)

The Mach 1 logo in flat black would look cool in the Shaker IMO, but I can't believe it came from Mr. "It's NOT a Mach1 therefore it will not put Mach 1 on it"
That's why I'm hiding it! But, you do agree it's cool!

This is the only black fuel door pic I can find:
Attachment 10599
Attached Images  
Old 10/2/06, 03:46 PM
Legacy TMS Member

I already decided against a fuel door. You're right... would look like a big black dot. I was just wondering how Bill's reasoning worked for my car.

Good.

Yes, that is a good price for the strut covers (since the nuts covers I bought were $113). I'll sell them on eBay and hopefully get back close to the $89.

I'm sure someone will.

I still vote for non-deep dish rims no matter what you get. If you get black, there has to be a ring of polished or chrome around the edge... if not, the rim and tire go right into each other and it looks like a cop car. Personally, I would do Bill's scheme if I had black (car color and polished). That would stand out so nice... a glossy black car and polished accents. Still think the anthracite is a little dull.

OK OK truth be told I can't decide what bullits I want. I like Bills because like I've told him several times the new factory bullits seem taller since the spokes begin at the very edge of the rim. So with that being said I guess non oem bullits are out. Which leaves me with the factory bullits which are available in chrome,polished,black and anthracite. Chrome is out because it's to much of a PIA to keep up in a daily driver. The black might be out because the factory one doesn't appear to have much of a silver/chrome lip. The factory anthracite looks . So that leaves the Polished ones in 1st place with the black ones in 2nd untill I see them in person. Either way this is all irrelevant since I won't be getting new wheels till atleast christmas.

BTW- Tuner Update.
Your tuner will ship today with the tracking info soon to follow.
thanks,Doug.
Old 10/2/06, 03:57 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Well no offense, but wasn't that a pretty small show ?
Bill's will win EVERY show like that.
If I am incorrect on the size of the show I apologize Bill.
Old 10/2/06, 03:57 PM
GTR Member

Leo, these are beautiful and would fit perfectly. (you are the only one that I have ever heard mention about the lack of lip on aftermarket rims.) Whenever you decide on a set, please let me know first. I just want to know what the width, offset, and backspacing is on them before you spend a lot of money. A little off and it can look bad. 38mm offset is perfect... 24mm looks bad. Seems like not much, but it makes a big difference. You can change the center cap to a tri-bar.

Old 10/2/06, 04:09 PM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by OKCMustangGT
Well no offense, but wasn't that a pretty small show ?
Heck, there were like 2 cars in his class!
Once I entered a car show with my 1986 Izuzu Imark (it was a pretty cool car - lowered, rims, audio). Anyway, there were 2 cars in my class and I got 2nd! I should have won, but the guy that got 1st knew the judges.
Old 10/2/06, 04:17 PM
Legacy TMS Member

GOD D@M IT!!! I hate when your writing a huge messeage and it times out.

I had a huge paragraph typed which I'm not going to do over so here's the summary.

Mods are awesome. Most car show's I've seen the less obvious and more oem your mods look the better shot you have of winning. As you can see by the two cars that beat out Bill's and mine for 1st. Not saying they looked better especially not the on that beat Bill with those ghetto rims. Just saying that money and amount of mods aren't the key to victory. It's all about taste and not going overboard. Leave the overdone body kits and all that cr@p for import fans. In closing I think the average joe would believe that all of your cars came from the factory like that or atleast could have. Which IMO is what everyone should strive for.

Daryl- Not to take anything away from Bill's 1st place trophy but yes you are correct it was a smaller show unlike the Queen Mary show he did. Either way 1st place trophy is a first place trophy. Although even placing in shows like the Queen Mary or the Mustangs at the Bay is like winning first in a small show.
Old 10/2/06, 04:19 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Leo, these are beautiful and would fit perfectly. (you are the only one that I have ever heard mention about the lack of lip on aftermarket rims.) Whenever you decide on a set, please let me know first. I just want to know what the width, offset, and backspacing is on them before you spend a lot of money. A little off and it can look bad. 38mm offset is perfect... 24mm looks bad. Seems like not much, but it makes a big difference. You can change the center cap to a tri-bar.

I had those on my v6 and like them but I still think the factory bullits like Bill's got look better.
Old 10/2/06, 04:21 PM
Legacy TMS Member

I've seen you around all day.

If they had a white one like the black one I would get it for the styling and the GT emblem in it. (Can you photochip one in white, Daryl?)

That's why I'm hiding it! But, you do agree it's cool!

Attachment 10599
I like that fuel door but I'm not sure what that one is called. I've only seen one in person and it had a dull finish unlike that one.
Old 10/2/06, 05:00 PM
GTR Member

I like that fuel door but I'm not sure what that one is called. I've only seen one in person and it had a dull finish unlike that one.
That's what I would get if there was such a thing as "white anodized".

I had those on my v6 and like them but I still think the factory bullits like Bill's got look better.
A bullitt's a bullitt... j/k, but I looked at those and Bill's and they are pretty darn close. There is a small difference at the lip, like you said, but I don't think it's major. Well, see if you can find a set of Bill's stock rims for sale, but they will probably be expensive.
Old 10/2/06, 05:10 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Attachment 10599
OK, I can'y find a Straight-on side shot of your car's Driver Side. A good High qaulity, large sized image.
Get me one and I will see what I can do, but no promises
Old 10/2/06, 05:16 PM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by OKCMustangGT
OK, I can'y find a Straight-on side shot of your car's Driver Side. A good High qaulity, large sized image.
Get me one and I will see what I can do, but no promises
I tend to take pictures at an angle, don't I? Here's the only one I can find:

(my favorite shot BTW, just wish I didn't cut the rear end off)

But I'll take a better side shot when I'm up to it again. That pic is 1024x768... good enough? I can go higher up to 2288x1712 if needed.

Quick Reply: Ponies on The Run (Again)