General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Ponies on The Run (Again)

Search this Thread

Old 11/23/09, 08:54 PM
Legacy TMS Member Pr

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts
Originally Posted by habu
a 460 into what ?? There is no replacement for Cubic Inches

In my dream world the F250 that I get will get the std 390 swapped out for a 429/460/512 BBF. Aluminum CJ/SCJ heads and everything. I want to make 600 HP N/A..... and put it into a truck

Way cool
94 GT.

That would be an awesome rig
Old 11/23/09, 08:55 PM
BoogieNights Studios:
Official Fluffer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I've always preferred Big Blocks and my 72 Torino had a 429. Swore that someday I'd have an old Ford with a Big Block in it. Want to get a 68-73 F250, Kalifornia smog issues.... and then build the hell outta the motor.

Anyone want to see a 200mph Mustang ??

Oh... notice a Chick is driving

My dad gave me his 68 F100 with the original 352 in it. I just got to pick it up from his house, but I am thinking bout maybe selling it later.
Old 11/23/09, 09:25 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by BoogieNights
My dad gave me his 68 F100 with the original 352 in it. I just got to pick it up from his house, but I am thinking bout maybe selling it later.
Really ??? Great truck. With a little luck I'll be able to start looking for one next month.
Old 11/23/09, 09:39 PM
BoogieNights Studios:
Official Fluffer

Really ??? Great truck. With a little luck I'll be able to start looking for one next month.

Well if you are not in a real hurry to find one I can see what I can do with that truck. I will prolly be picking it up in Jan.
Old 11/23/09, 09:58 PM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
72 torino's are awesome!

Old 11/23/09, 10:00 PM
BoogieNights Studios:
Official Fluffer

Yes they are. I miss my grandparents 72 Torino.
Old 11/23/09, 10:17 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Working out some details at work so I can make this a reality. The way I figure it is right now there may not be a better time to celebrate Mustangs. I might not be able to do this later in life so if I can I'm going to go and get this off my bucket list.

Old 11/23/09, 10:25 PM
Team Mustang Source

Well if you are not in a real hurry to find one I can see what I can do with that truck. I will prolly be picking it up in Jan.
No not in any real hurry. Ideally I'd like one before Feburary but if it takes a little longer then I'm OK.

Basically two things are happening... My work is moving further away and so my commute is going to double (from 2.1 to 5 miles ) and I am seeing this as an opportunity to set the Mustang aside from being a Daily Driver. I also want the truck so I can alternate between the two, the Mustang is just too fun to drive and it gives me a project car that I don't *have to drive* and if it sits for two weeks because of engine work or vis-versa I do not have any transportation issues.

Originally Posted by StangMahn
72 torino's are awesome!

Imagine one in Maroon and that'd be my car. Bucket seats, rally gauge pack, Mag 500 wheels... etc.

I have pics of one from Knotts this year I'll have to look for 'em. At Knott's talking to the other owner, I found out that Ford made 52 Maroon Grand Torino Sports with a 429 in it. I miss that car every day. At the time it was a PITA because if it died or I did work on it it would have to be done over a weekend because it was my daily driver. If I could have afforded to get a POS DD, I'd still have my Torino.

Granted the Mustang is 3 times the car the Torino had, but the Torino had that big block in it with enough torque to pull a house if I needed

Funny story... that thing was the coldest blooded car ever. The temp gauge spelled Temperature, the T being a touch off cold and the 'e' being the far side of the gauge..... If the car got to 'T' it was running hot. The 4-core radiator helped probably.... Anyway, being a cold-blooded car and having a Holley 850 dbl pumper on board, if I got on the gas before the car warmed up (from the needle not moving to below the 'T') it would 'sneeze' a small flame through the hood scoop.... so you would have twin sheets of flame coming out of the hood trying to accelerate from a light after you started the car. PITA, but I loved it.

Last edited by habu; 11/23/09 at 10:32 PM.
Old 11/23/09, 10:37 PM
BoogieNights Studios:
Official Fluffer

No not in any real hurry. Ideally I'd like one before Feburary but if it takes a little longer then I'm OK.
Well the good thing is that this truck still runs good and the fastest it goes without really getting the rpms too high is 55mph. It looks good on the outside. I painted it back in 96 and it still looks good.

It is tan with a white grill. I dont have any pics of it but I can try to get any if you are interested. I can even have my dad look it over and if anything needs to be fixed he can fix it. He was a mechanic for many years. The only thing is you might have to come get it from Nevada or we can come up with an agreement about meeting half way or something.
Old 11/23/09, 10:56 PM
Team Mustang Source

Well the good thing is that this truck still runs good and the fastest it goes without really getting the rpms too high is 55mph. It looks good on the outside. I painted it back in 96 and it still looks good.

It is tan with a white grill. I dont have any pics of it but I can try to get any if you are interested. I can even have my dad look it over and if anything needs to be fixed he can fix it. He was a mechanic for many years. The only thing is you might have to come get it from Nevada or we can come up with an agreement about meeting half way or something.

Sounds Good. Lets get past the holidays and then go from there.
Old 11/23/09, 11:00 PM
BoogieNights Studios:
Official Fluffer

Sounds Good. Lets get past the holidays and then go from there.

Sounds good to me.
Old 11/23/09, 11:29 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by JedCranium
Hey Steve at the Shelby Bash do you get to meet and greet Caroll Shelby? This events looking better and better for me! This maybe the last time CS will be around he's getting frail. If I go I'll proly be the only ROUSH there haha!

Off topic: The American Music awards are on and J-Lo just performed dang she can still bust a move nice performance too. What happend to GaGa!

Ray are you going to SB? Do it!
I haven't decided yet.
Old 11/23/09, 11:36 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by Ray Man
I haven't decided yet.
Christ what are you waiting for and you own a Shelby, you have to go by default!
Old 11/23/09, 11:57 PM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Working out some details at work so I can make this a reality. The way I figure it is right now there may not be a better time to celebrate Mustangs. I might not be able to do this later in life so if I can I'm going to go and get this off my bucket list.

This sounds like fun to go as a spectator for me; especially the off-track parties.

Christ what are you waiting for and you own a Shelby, you have to go by default!
Yeah really Ray.. Time to earn your fender stripe!
Old 11/24/09, 08:14 AM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Basically two things are happening... My work is moving further away and so my commute is going to double (from 2.1 to 5 miles ) and I am seeing this as an opportunity to set the Mustang aside from being a Daily Driver. I also want the truck so I can alternate between the two, the Mustang is just too fun to drive and it gives me a project car that I don't *have to drive* and if it sits for two weeks because of engine work or vis-versa I do not have any transportation issues.

Imagine one in Maroon and that'd be my car. Bucket seats, rally gauge pack, Mag 500 wheels... etc.

I have pics of one from Knotts this year I'll have to look for 'em. At Knott's talking to the other owner, I found out that Ford made 52 Maroon Grand Torino Sports with a 429 in it. I miss that car every day. At the time it was a PITA because if it died or I did work on it it would have to be done over a weekend because it was my daily driver. If I could have afforded to get a POS DD, I'd still have my Torino.

Granted the Mustang is 3 times the car the Torino had, but the Torino had that big block in it with enough torque to pull a house if I needed

Funny story... that thing was the coldest blooded car ever. The temp gauge spelled Temperature, the T being a touch off cold and the 'e' being the far side of the gauge..... If the car got to 'T' it was running hot. The 4-core radiator helped probably.... Anyway, being a cold-blooded car and having a Holley 850 dbl pumper on board, if I got on the gas before the car warmed up (from the needle not moving to below the 'T') it would 'sneeze' a small flame through the hood scoop.... so you would have twin sheets of flame coming out of the hood trying to accelerate from a light after you started the car. PITA, but I loved it.
that sounds badass!
Old 11/24/09, 10:56 AM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Check out my Vegas #2 video!

Not as crazy as SEMA, but had a great time nonetheless!
Old 11/24/09, 01:12 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts
Here you go Jed...

http://www.281motorsports.com/alumin...ang-p-297.html
Old 11/24/09, 02:14 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by TacoBill
Check out my Vegas #2 video!

Not as crazy as SEMA, but had a great time nonetheless!
Looks like you had a great time!That brings back memories! Are you ready for January Shelby Bash?
Old 11/24/09, 02:16 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by fabman
Looks interesting I do want to change my KB tank. I think Lethal Performance is working on something too w/ Moroso.

J
Old 11/24/09, 02:19 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts
Looks interesting I do want to change my KB tank. I think Lethal Performance is working on something too w/ Moroso.

J
Something like this would look great on your car...thats the one thing thats missing IMHO. Everything else is flawless.

Quick Reply: Ponies on The Run (Again)