General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Ponies on The Run (Again)

Search this Thread

Old 10/30/09, 08:51 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts
Sorry to hear that Luis, glad you were ok!
Old 10/30/09, 09:11 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by superfly s197
Cool pics Brian
Tanks

This will probably sound like cracked out jibberish (probably worse than GottaHaveIt )

My baby was rear-ended

My first accident ever and not something to be proud about

I was heading out to the track today with a buddy of mine and kept hitting stop and go traffic. He's following behind and we're just around the corner to our exit when we encounter another halt in traffic. It was the type of halt that makes you brake harder than usual but not hard. We stop with no issues and at a safe distance (I can see his bumper) when all of a sudden I hear a screech and my stomach churns. The screech was followed by smoke coming from behind my friend. I realize its a car that's not about to stop and just barely got some runway in front of me so I give it gas to lurch forward... the car dips but doesn't make it out in time. This guy hit my friend who in turn hit me.

Notes: Ford really does build FORD tough Only give away that something happen to me is the bent license plate Hey Leo, no more dealer frame The bumper will definitely have to be replaced but everything else seems fine. You have to get close to see the damage. My friend's 300C wasn't so lucky. The front had a bent grille, cracked lower bumper and a clip broke off the edge of it. The rear was done. both lights shattered. The trunk was bent up. Rear valance was up and smashed. His passenger doors do not align now.

Okay, b*tching is done now
Crap Luis ! sorry to hear that but really glad it wasn't too bad and more importantly you are OK. Still when your baby gets wrecked it's not easy to take. Don't worry about b*tching about it, some of us would still be goin off on the idiot that didn't know how to stop.

Oh.... you don't sound like Ed

Originally Posted by TacoBill
Great pics Brian! It sure looks like a nice RV camping spot.

I don't see any Ho's in that pic!
In the smaller version it's hard to see but there is a 12 pack of Hoegaarden in the door of the trailer.
Old 10/30/09, 10:38 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This will probably sound like cracked out jibberish (probably worse than GottaHaveIt )

My baby was rear-ended

My first accident ever and not something to be proud about

I was heading out to the track today with a buddy of mine and kept hitting stop and go traffic. He's following behind and we're just around the corner to our exit when we encounter another halt in traffic. It was the type of halt that makes you brake harder than usual but not hard. We stop with no issues and at a safe distance (I can see his bumper) when all of a sudden I hear a screech and my stomach churns. The screech was followed by smoke coming from behind my friend. I realize its a car that's not about to stop and just barely got some runway in front of me so I give it gas to lurch forward... the car dips but doesn't make it out in time. This guy hit my friend who in turn hit me.

Notes: Ford really does build FORD tough Only give away that something happen to me is the bent license plate Hey Leo, no more dealer frame The bumper will definitely have to be replaced but everything else seems fine. You have to get close to see the damage. My friend's 300C wasn't so lucky. The front had a bent grille, cracked lower bumper and a clip broke off the edge of it. The rear was done. both lights shattered. The trunk was bent up. Rear valance was up and smashed. His passenger doors do not align now.

Okay, b*tching is done now
Good thing is Lucille made it out with minor damage and your not at fault. Bad news is it will probably be your buddy's insurance company paying to fix your car.

Brian-You spend a week on the beach and those are the pics your bring back?
Old 10/30/09, 12:28 PM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Cool pics Brian!

My baby was rear-ended
Ugh. Sorry to hear that Luis! My uncle rear ended my V-6 a few years ago when he was backing out of his garage! Same story, you had to get up real close to see any damage! Ford tough baby!
Old 10/30/09, 01:19 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Dang Luis, sorry to hear about Lucille. She'll be back to normal in no time. Everybody's ok and that's the most important thing.
Old 10/30/09, 03:32 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by LEO_06GT
Good thing is Lucille made it out with minor damage and your not at fault. Bad news is it will probably be your buddy's insurance company paying to fix your car.

Appreciate it Thanks Bro hope you didn't get aids from that rear ender !
btw I need my car written off , to get full replacement value so I can buy a 2010 Sterling Shelby sitting here right now ! trade in 23 write off 43

Last edited by GottaHaveIt; 10/30/09 at 03:36 PM.
Old 10/30/09, 03:57 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by LEO_06GT
I wasn't clear enough, the camera was basically non-functional Wed-Sun. I was at the "beach" or Pismo Wed-Sun.
Old 10/31/09, 12:28 AM
Bullitt Member

Carol Barker, a friend in North Carolina, was invited to help in the NASCAR Roush Fenway Mustang unveiling in mid-October. Somehow, she downloaded a photo of my car in motion taken by Drew Phillips then printed it. She then took it to the unveiling and had Mr. Edsel B. Ford II, Director, Ford Motor Corporation and Mr. Jack Roush autograph the photo. I just thought it was pretty darn nice of her...

Still not trimmed or framed but:

Edsel B. Ford just beginning to sign a photo for Scot Chapman, Roush's official test driver; Ford just signed mine and you can see the orange glow beneath...

Unlike Jed where his Roush and camera equipment is covered in signatures, I just thought it was pretty cool since I'll never have a chance to meet Jack Roush to have him sign my car...
Old 10/31/09, 12:35 AM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Very nice Koji.
Old 10/31/09, 03:14 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by veilside.mustang
Carol Barker, a friend in North Carolina, was invited to help in the NASCAR Roush Fenway Mustang unveiling in mid-October. Somehow, she downloaded a photo of my car in motion taken by Drew Phillips then printed it. She then took it to the unveiling and had Mr. Edsel B. Ford II, Director, Ford Motor Corporation and Mr. Jack Roush autograph the photo. I just thought it was pretty darn nice of her...

Edsel B. Ford just beginning to sign a photo for Scot Chapman, Roush's official test driver; Ford just signed mine and you can see the orange glow beneath...

Unlike Jed where his Roush and camera equipment is covered in signatures, I just thought it was pretty cool since I'll never have a chance to meet Jack Roush to have him sign my car...
That's cool Koji, I lucked out when Jack Roush was out for the 2010 launch in Santa Monica, CA.
My next mission is to get Carrol Shelby's sig on my lens. I may try to get him to sign a picture I took of him and his wife.

Similar to this shot...

Old 10/31/09, 03:28 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Okay plan for Saturday...

Cars & Coffee

Visit Parts Pro in Tustin> / Looking for hoses & A&N fittings

Visit Hillbank to check out a AC Cobra

Lunch @ Me & Ed's or Ed & Me whatever that name is

Clean the ROUSH

Develope picture for SEMA

Samy's camera Culver City for a battery.
Old 10/31/09, 03:42 AM
Cobra Member

What the heck?! Sorry Luis, that sux royally. On the upswing, good to hear Lucille didn't sustain a raped *** damage.

I'm with Leo, glad that CFM license plate you've been advertising is cracked in half.

Any pics?

F'n Newton's Third law.
Time to add a new all black frame

I'll see if I can get pics tomorrow of my car but here's my friends:

To make matters worse for Luis.. rumor mill has it that he's going to be a Carnie tonight.

The booth was f*cking tiring! It was a pretty cool day though. We all knocked out once we got back

Originally Posted by Robbieg
Sorry to hear that Luis, glad you were ok!
About being a Carnie or the bumper?

Originally Posted by Iceknyght
Ugh. Sorry to hear that Luis! My uncle rear ended my V-6 a few years ago when he was backing out of his garage! Same story, you had to get up real close to see any damage! Ford tough baby!

That's very cool Koji!

Okay, why is he writing on top of the Termi?!

Originally Posted by JedCranium
Okay plan for Saturday...

Cars & Coffee

Visit Parts Pro in Tustin> / Looking for hoses & A&N fittings

Visit Hillbank to check out a AC Cobra

Lunch @ Me & Ed's or Ed & Me whatever that name is

Clean the ROUSH

Develope picture for SEMA

Samy's camera Culver City for a battery.
Busy as always Jed

Last edited by Superfly SN95; 3/4/10 at 01:33 AM.
Old 10/31/09, 09:08 AM
Bullitt Member

Dude, what hit your friend's car? A work truck?
Old 10/31/09, 09:21 AM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
yeah man, that thing is pretty fudged up!

glad to hear lucille is okay!
Old 10/31/09, 12:42 PM
Cobra Member

Dude, what hit your friend's car? A work truck?
Astro Van

Originally Posted by StangMahn
yeah man, that thing is pretty fudged up!

glad to hear lucille is okay!
Me too! Just came back from the adjuster. Just have to find a shop and we're good to go
Old 11/1/09, 01:04 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Started a little project today I'm changing out all my PVC lines and converting to AN fittings and braided hoses from Aeroquip>. Eventually I'll switch out the Home Depot Catch Can!

Last edited by JedCranium; 11/1/09 at 01:09 AM.
Old 11/1/09, 08:32 AM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Carol Barker, a friend in North Carolina, ... I just thought it was pretty darn nice of her...
I think she wants your eggroll.

My next mission is to get Carrol Shelby's sig on my lens. I may try to get him to sign a picture I took of him and his wife.
I still don't know what I'll have the old man sign.. if he's even there.

Any ideas? I don't want to go out and buy anything of value just for his siggy.

I'm assuming your buddy is near your age? If so, what kid buys and pimps out a 300?

Like Leo said in FB, that's one less 300 on the road now.

Started a little project today I'm changing out all my PVC lines and converting to AN fittings and braided hoses from Aeroquip>. Eventually I'll switch out the Home Depot Catch Can!

Jed, that engine bay will be bangin'!

Ever consider swapping out the factory radiator pressure hose clamps for some SS clamps?

Also, it's time to polish out the blower pulley!
Old 11/1/09, 08:45 AM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
**** that's a good looking engine bay jed!

bill, lots of people are "pimpin" out the 300's now. There's several of them around where I'm at, with big rims and tint, and those stick on fender vents.
Old 11/1/09, 08:51 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

I think she wants your eggroll.

I still don't know what I'll have the old man sign.. if he's even there.

Any ideas? I don't want to go out and buy anything of value just for his siggy.

Jed, that engine bay will be bangin'!

Ever consider swapping out the factory radiator pressure hose clamps for some SS clamps?

Also, it's time to polish out the blower pulley!

"Shel" will be signing on Wednesday. I'll have him sign my lens fo sho.

I have polished radiator hose clamps that I haven't used yet form Python. Maybe I'll get them on this round. Or I though about a solution from Mr Gasket that I saw at Pro Parts.

Last edited by JedCranium; 11/1/09 at 06:04 PM.
Old 11/1/09, 09:41 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Also visited Hillbank yesterday, I was dreaming about a AC Cobra Replica...

Hillbank has some great deals this month, after I re-join ROEA I'm going to buy these coilovers from ROUSH!

Also looks like SoCals favorite mechanic now has his shop back, Eric Voss! Below is a cost sheet that I got from Hillbank. For the month of December Joe at Chicane will offer a deal on rear gears for $400.00 bucks that gears and installation.

Last edited by JedCranium; 11/1/09 at 09:42 AM.

Quick Reply: Ponies on The Run (Again)