General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Ponies on The Run (Again)

Search this Thread

Old 9/26/06, 11:03 PM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 89Trooper
I just went out to the garage - when a girl wants to see your dipstick, you don't keep her waiting:
Wow, now that what I call preferential treatment!

I tried bending my dipstick down some, but it just springs back. How hard do you have to yank down on that sucker? (Oh boy, that sounded totally wrong...)

And Tom, you just lost points on that brake fluid leak stain all around the reservior mold line.
Old 9/26/06, 11:06 PM

Originally Posted by swwake
I have often wondered that myself.
Originally Posted by swwake
Again - not sure I want to know...
Old 9/26/06, 11:21 PM
GTR Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TacoBill
Wow, now that what I call preferential treatment!

I tried bending my dipstick down some, but it just springs back. How hard do you have to yank down on that sucker? (Oh boy, that sounded totally wrong...)

And Tom, you just lost points on that brake fluid leak stain all around the reservior mold line.
Not so much down, but over. I didn't pull on the handle. I took the dipstick out, and pulled the tube itself toward the strut tower. It seems pretty hard to bend, but it will go a little at a time. Just keep putting the dipstick back in to check it.

The break fluid stain will be cleaned up before the show. Even though that's all there is... no dripping down on the paint underneath. (But remember... no points off on that kinda stuff... only fit and finish of mods.)
Old 9/26/06, 11:31 PM
GTR Member

Wow, my car's all over Graphic-Express now! I went to see if he updated some of the links and I was surprised:

Hood Stripe Page

Link in the above link to Go See Customer

Link to Installation Help

Just Out link

Scrolling Link

Shaker Decal Link still not active
Old 9/27/06, 01:26 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Finally Ordered My Sct From Doug!!!!!!!

Gave up on trying to contact him to place my order so I just placed it through the site and mentioned my extra tunes in the add comments section.

Order #387 Processing

Now the waiting game begins.
Old 9/27/06, 08:25 AM

I took the dipstick out, and pulled the tube itself toward the strut tower.

(But remember... no points off on that kinda stuff... only fit and finish of mods.)
Thanks, I'll try that bending technique when I get the chance.

I was just messing with you on the brake fluid stain, I know you'll have it wiped clean before the show.
True, no points off from that stuff, but if you're going to detail the engine bay, ya got to go all the way.

Wow, my car's all over Graphic-Express now!
Congrats!

Originally Posted by LEO_06GT
Gave up on trying to contact him to place my order so I just placed it through the site and mentioned my extra tunes in the add comments section.

Now the waiting game begins.
Does your MIL still come on?

Now that you have 4 days of driving with the O/R H, what's your take on it?
Old 9/27/06, 10:55 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Bill- I'm enjoying O/R H-pipe. Like I said before it's not even noticeable at cruising speeds. I've been trying to get it welded though but no shop wants to touch it since it doesn't have cats. Believe me I've been to some hole in the wall places so far and even they won't do it. Reason I want to get it welded is because in another thread I found on the site some guy said he had a raspy noise coming from the right side of his exhaust and it went away once he welded the H. It's not as raspy as before you adjusted the mid clamps but the "raspyness" concerns me since I only hear it on the passenger side.
Old 9/27/06, 11:26 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Tom- Have you gotten an update on the status of your sct from doug yet?? I hoping I have mine by the middle of next week. Who knows though since he might have fallen behind because of his trip to Cali.
Old 9/27/06, 11:31 AM

I've been trying to get it welded though but no shop wants to touch it since it doesn't have cats. Believe me I've been to some hole in the wall places so far and even they won't do it...
Did you try a big outfit like Midas? You'd be surprised, one member here got his H welded by them.

All shops will do it as long as the H is off the car and you just brought it to them. But, what's the fun in that?

Raspiness from one side? A loose clamp on one side would be easy to hear, but to hear a tone difference from one side to another requires some pretty good hearing! To me, it's just plain loud.
Old 9/27/06, 11:34 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Ok I stang corrected it's not a tone difference I hear but a "raspy" noise I hear coming from the left side only.
Old 9/27/06, 11:47 AM

Ok I stang corrected it's not a tone difference I hear but a "raspy" noise I hear coming from the left side only.
Hmmm.. you got me on that one.

An exhaust leak is usually a ticking sound. One sure fire way to check the H connection for leaks is to idle it in Park, and scoot under the car and feel around the H connection for leaks (without burning yourself!). If it is leaking there, you'll feel it.

I know you don't have any jacks and such, so I'd try driving either your left or right front (or rear) side of the car up on a diveway angle or something solid to cant the car to one side, thus providing the clearance to access the H.
Old 9/27/06, 11:56 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Hmmmm.... Okay I'll have to try that.
Old 9/27/06, 01:05 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Just went out and checked it and everything seems alright. I wonder if maybe it's the connection between the pipe and the headers??? I can't get under there to check though. Or maybe I'm just crazy and that's how it's supposed to sound. Just found out from the wife gas is 2.47 on base. Glad to see prices are coming down just in time for me to start pumping 91. BTW the 2.47 is for regular not 91. Although I bet you eastcoast and midwest people are paying 2.47 for 91 or even better 93. Lucky SOB's.
Old 9/27/06, 01:30 PM

I wonder if maybe it's the connection between the pipe and the headers???
No need to come up from the bottom, if the manifold to H-Pipe is loose, you'll hear it from up top just as easily.

Could be your imagination.

I can vouch for the passenger side as being on tight. As far as the Drivers side, when cold, you should be able to touch your 2 nuts with your fingers to see if they're loose.
Old 9/27/06, 01:40 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Yeah I'm starting to believe it's my imagination.

Old 9/27/06, 05:32 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Just went out and checked it and everything seems alright. I wonder if maybe it's the connection between the pipe and the headers??? I can't get under there to check though. Or maybe I'm just crazy and that's how it's supposed to sound. Just found out from the wife gas is 2.47 on base. Glad to see prices are coming down just in time for me to start pumping 91. BTW the 2.47 is for regular not 91. Although I bet you eastcoast and midwest people are paying 2.47 for 91 or even better 93. Lucky SOB's.
Yeahhh Gas finally went below $2.00 here this weekend.
$1.96 is current lowest I have seen
It is a sad day when I am happy about $1.96/Gallon gasoline
Old 9/27/06, 06:23 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

I just converted my Write-Ups from Word files to PDFs so everyone can access them on the front page now
Old 9/27/06, 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by OKCMustangGT
I just converted my Write-Ups from Word files to PDFs so everyone can access them on the front page now
Nice! I just checked the DRL link and it works perfectly.

Leo... the DRL install guide is ready.
Old 9/27/06, 08:26 PM
GTR Member

Tom- Have you gotten an update on the status of your sct from doug yet??
I have it. Haven't opened the box yet because I won't be able to drive the car for at least a week. I got the tire back on today before leaving for work (I'm working today to make up at least 1 day of pay).
Old 9/27/06, 08:48 PM

I have it. Haven't opened the box yet because I won't be able to drive the car for at least a week...
A week???!!!

C'mon Tom, I know you want to load the 87 tune. If the tune is corrupt (hey, it can happen), now's the time to find out, not a week from now.

Quick Reply: Ponies on The Run (Again)