General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Ponies on The Run (Again)

Search this Thread

Old 9/18/09, 10:02 AM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Originally Posted by fabman

Yeah, if I was a chick I would want to look like this.....yum.
Is that Zooey Deschanel?
Old 9/18/09, 10:14 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
yep Zooey

yeah I was just cruising eBay/CL looking for an old F250 locally and ended up looking at Mustangs which led to GT500s... I was bored
Old 9/18/09, 10:21 AM
Post *****

That's nice Brian. I've kind of had a thing for her too. You know.

I...uh...respect her...work.

Who among us hasn't searched ebay or cars.com looking at what GT500's cost, or Termis, or 2000 Cobra R's.

I think I do it about once a week.
Old 9/18/09, 01:57 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by habu
yep Zooey

yeah I was just cruising eBay/CL looking for an old F250 locally and ended up looking at Mustangs which led to GT500s... I was bored
Looks like we have two things in common I think shes drop dead gorgeous,she looks like the cute inocent girl that will bone your brains out too bad shes getting married there goes our chance at her

Same thing with cars a lot at camrys,chargers,trucks, and then go back to looking at mustangs

Last edited by leos06gtll; 9/18/09 at 01:59 PM.
Old 9/18/09, 03:00 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
That's nice Brian. I've kind of had a thing for her too. You know.

I...uh...respect her...work.

Who among us hasn't searched ebay or cars.com looking at what GT500's cost, or Termis, or 2000 Cobra R's.

I think I do it about once a week.
Yep I respect her... work too.. both of them

Originally Posted by leos06gtll
Looks like we have two things in common I think shes drop dead gorgeous,she looks like the cute inocent girl that will bone your brains out too bad shes getting married there goes our chance at her

Same thing with cars a lot at camrys,chargers,trucks, and then go back to looking at mustangs
That's OK, it's a Hollywood marriage, I can be back in the game in no time
Old 9/18/09, 05:45 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Ya Friday!

Going to the Fathers Office (a restaurant) tonight to send off a co-worker. Saturday the Shelby show on the pier in Santa Monica. Saturday night maybe Taste of Newport...Sunday Queen Mary show. Jam packed weekend. I'm going to be whipped!

Koji so come on and get you're ride down to QM, cover the dent and fix it later! no one's going to know it can be our dirty little secret!

Ray and I will be taking visitors should any of the POTR posse decide to come.

Last edited by JedCranium; 9/18/09 at 05:49 PM.
Old 9/18/09, 05:48 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Sal what's the timeline on your car? Are you waiting for the machine shop or building a cash reserve.

Last edited by JedCranium; 9/18/09 at 05:50 PM.
Old 9/18/09, 06:03 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by JedCranium
Sal what's the timeline on your car? Are you waiting for the machine shop or building a cash reserve.
A few weeks I think...
My heads are trashed so a bud of mine ordered Livornois heads and cams and is having them swapped as soon as they arrive in the mail. I am going to be the humble recipient of his stock heads and cams. The motor is all new and forged with a new block, studs, big oil pump and all the right stay together stuff I didn't have the first time around. Other than the extra inches from the stroker kit the only power adder will be an electric water pump and hopefully a great tune...let's see what happens.

Last edited by fabman; 9/18/09 at 06:05 PM.
Old 9/18/09, 11:10 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Hey Ray after your install go here for a shoot! We shot at the hanger on Warner near The District.

BH>
Jed, I didn't have time to go there but I did go here.

Old 9/18/09, 11:13 PM
Post *****

Very nice Ray!
Old 9/18/09, 11:42 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Ray Man
Jed, I didn't have time to go there but I did go here.

Ray, that "S" and the Shelby GT500 are nice touches! Dang, you're good w/Photoshop................
Old 9/19/09, 12:12 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Koji. are coming to the pier tomorrow?

Jed, too many things happening this weekend!

http://www.lobsterfest.com/

Last edited by Ray Man; 9/19/09 at 12:35 AM.
Old 9/19/09, 09:38 AM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Good luck to Jed & Ray at the SM Pier show today! POTR represent!
Old 9/19/09, 04:20 PM
Bullitt Member

For the hell of it, went to see a recommended "dent puller" dude this morning. He wouldn't do it 'cuz the paint would peel, first of all, and second, it would be expensive. Sheet metal is gouged good. At least he's honest like my buddy told me he would be. This is what he reported which surprised me. Thought you POTR guys may want to read:

1. It was a higher velocity impact;
2. The direction of the impact was from the lower left to upper right.

I had thought some poor kid took a piece of concrete or a rock and smashed it, right to left. But after hearing from an expert, his assessment really surprised me...but it makes sense when you see the appearance of the impact...
Old 9/19/09, 04:42 PM
Legacy TMS Member Pr

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts
No more SUV!

Took the Stang to Stillen for H&R coilover and brake pad install today. Got there about 8:15 am and they started about 9:00. They finished most of the hardware installation by noon and then put it on the alignment rack after lunch for height adjustment, panhard bar adjustment and wheel alignment. That took about 4 & 1/2 hours and I left there at 5:00, a total of about 6 & 1/2 hours labor. They also put in a heavier adjustable front swaybar. It was a long day but it didn't drag on too long because they allowed me to take pictures and watch the install.

I love the ride height and it really doesn't feel overly harsh on the road. I can feel a definite jolt going over larger cracks and holes but for some reason (and I'm not complaining) regular freeway chatter seems slightly smoother now.

I had all the original parts bouncing around in the back seat and trunk making a bunch of noise so I still need to do a "real" street test. I also have not tested the handling properties because of all the loose parts in the car. I did scrape the front spoiler going out of Stillen's parking lot. But I did not scrape going into my own driveway. I didn't get the exact drop dimensions, I think it was about 1 & 1/2" all around. I'll try and get those measurements tomorrow. I don't think I will be able to make it over your speed bump Jed. We'll see!

LINK TO PICTURES...

BEFORE LOWERING

AFTER LOWERING

Looks great
Originally Posted by veilside.mustang
Ray and Jed - I keep saying you guys should be writers for Jay Leno.

And the thread is pretty quiet. I can come back in a day and see but a dozen posts.

And my car got vandalized on the passenger door sometime during the last two days... Crap and right before QM. But I see it as some poor sucker who is unhappy at society did it...

The dent extends past the door crease so I'm screwed. Oh well. It's a DD so you gotta expect it.
That sucks.
Old 9/19/09, 04:44 PM
Legacy TMS Member Pr

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts
In other news, my 03 Cobra springs haven't arrived yet. USPS sucks
Old 9/19/09, 05:33 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Koji how about shopping kart ? that almost looks like the one I got on my 05 GT but we caught her , cost them almost $600.00 to fix it nice like !
Old 9/19/09, 10:37 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by TacoBill
Good luck to Jed & Ray at the SM Pier show today! POTR represent!
Hey took 1st Place! I was in a mixed class of signature stangs (Saleen, Roush & Foose). A very nice show and the location was sweet by the beach.
Old 9/19/09, 10:40 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by veilside.mustang
Ray, that "S" and the Shelby GT500 are nice touches! Dang, you're good w/Photoshop................
Nice photochop!

gu gu!
Old 9/19/09, 11:16 PM
Bullitt Member

No more SUV!

LINK TO PICTURES...

BEFORE LOWERING

AFTER LOWERING

Geez, Ray, totally missed this post of yours... Blame it on the filter at work - it's still blocked, btw, as of Friday evening! Regardless, a very tardy "Looks AWESOME" to you, Ray! No one can mistake your ride for an off-roader anymore. We gotta compare chin clearance including total distance from wheel centerline to the front chin!

Originally Posted by GottaHaveIt
Koji how about shopping kart ? that almost looks like the one I got on my 05 GT but we caught her , cost them almost $600.00 to fix it nice like !
No way it's a shopping car unless it was going about 50 mph...

Hey took 1st Place! I was in a mixed class of signature stangs (Saleen, Roush & Foose). A very nice show and the location was sweet by the beach.
JED!!! Way to represent, dude! And that's what sucks about being a phenon photographer - no one's around to take a picture of you! Now one more show tomorrow...! And lend me one of your famous knee-high white socks so I can cover the gouge in my door! Good luck Jed and George tomorrow...!

Quick Reply: Ponies on The Run (Again)