Notices
General Mustang Chat Not Tech or Model Year Specific

Ponies on The Run (Again)

Old 9/17/09, 09:39 AM
  #28881  
Fatboy Loves Fried!
TMS Staff
 
2k7gtcs's Avatar
 
Join Date: October 9, 2007
Posts: 27,986
Received 139 Likes on 119 Posts
Originally Posted by Ray Man View Post
No more SUV!

Took the Stang to Stillen for H&R coilover and brake pad install today. Got there about 8:15 am and they started about 9:00. They finished most of the hardware installation by noon and then put it on the alignment rack after lunch for height adjustment, panhard bar adjustment and wheel alignment. That took about 4 & 1/2 hours and I left there at 5:00, a total of about 6 & 1/2 hours labor. They also put in a heavier adjustable front swaybar. It was a long day but it didn't drag on too long because they allowed me to take pictures and watch the install.
If they would have had 'magic hands' they would have been finished sooner.



2k7gtcs is offline  
Old 9/17/09, 10:18 AM
  #28882  
Mustang Fanatic
 
LEO_06GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 24, 2006
Location: San Diego
Posts: 7,407
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts


Looks good Ray! Now when are you going to get those dam windows tinted?
LEO_06GT is offline  
Old 9/17/09, 10:19 AM
  #28883  
Fatboy Loves Fried!
TMS Staff
 
2k7gtcs's Avatar
 
Join Date: October 9, 2007
Posts: 27,986
Received 139 Likes on 119 Posts
TINT...TINT...TINT...TINT...TINT...TINT

Do you get the hint man?

You've got to be the first guy in history to get his taillights tinted before his windows.


2k7gtcs is offline  
Old 9/17/09, 11:09 AM
  #28884  
 
Join Date: September 23, 2004
Location: SoCal
Posts: 10,036
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs View Post
You've got to be the first guy in history to get his taillights tinted before his windows.


I believe he is!

Ray's running around with the fishbowl effect. TINT...TINT...TINT...TINT...TINT...TINT
TacoBill is offline  
Old 9/17/09, 11:10 AM
  #28885  
Team Mustang Source
 
GottaHaveIt's Avatar
 
Join Date: January 5, 2005
Posts: 11,364
Likes: 0
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
is tint leagal , well I suppose it is but now would there be specific ratings on the tint ? to make it leagle , I suppose each state would have it's own law toward it. kinda like here you can have a radar dectector and not drive from one side of the country to the other as some provinces say NO WAY and I think you get a ticket or even face confinscate it as well !
I would mind some tint to cut down on the eat em up and dry out the cars interior from goin on !
GottaHaveIt is offline  
Old 9/17/09, 11:27 AM
  #28886  
Team Mustang Source
 
habu's Avatar
 
Join Date: September 14, 2005
Location: SoCal
Posts: 3,477
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by TacoBill View Post
Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs View Post
TINT...TINT...TINT...TINT...TINT...TINT

Do you get the hint man?

You've got to be the first guy in history to get his taillights tinted before his windows.


I believe he is!

Ray's running around with the fishbowl effect. TINT...TINT...TINT...TINT...TINT...TINT
TINT....TINT....TINT.... TINT....TINT....TINT.....





is it legal??, it's the same as speeding, it's legal until you get popped.
habu is offline  
Old 9/17/09, 11:35 AM
  #28887  
Team Mustang Source
 
GottaHaveIt's Avatar
 
Join Date: January 5, 2005
Posts: 11,364
Likes: 0
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
I guess power the window down , what are you on about you can see me & I can see you now screw off I need to get a donut.
GottaHaveIt is offline  
Old 9/17/09, 11:42 AM
  #28888  
 
Join Date: September 23, 2004
Location: SoCal
Posts: 10,036
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by habu View Post
is it legal??, it's the same as speeding, it's legal until you get popped.
Tint, no front plate, O/R-H, and Stingers are my concerns.. but I still support all 4.
TacoBill is offline  
Old 9/17/09, 11:45 AM
  #28889  
 
Join Date: September 23, 2004
Location: SoCal
Posts: 10,036
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by GottaHaveIt View Post
I guess power the window down , what are you on about you can see me & I can see you now screw off I need to get a donut.
Ed, go eat a donut, relax, and come back and re-word this so us non-Canadians understand it.
TacoBill is offline  
Old 9/17/09, 11:47 AM
  #28890  
Mach 1 Member
 
fabman's Avatar
 
Join Date: April 16, 2008
Location: Pleasanton, Ca.
Posts: 674
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by GottaHaveIt View Post
is tint leagal , well I suppose it is but now would there be specific ratings on the tint ? to make it leagle , I suppose each state would have it's own law toward it.

You know what I always say:

"Do what you want 'till they tell you to stop...."

Besides, it's just a fix it ticket.

Back when tint wasn't so common I used to get pulled over all the time.

A cop told me:
"Just pull the tint off and we'll sign it off".

I said:
"OR...pay the 70.00 fine...."

He says:
"Huh"?

I said:
"Right here on the back of the ticket....OR pay a 70.00 fine...."

He replies:
"But then you could get ticketed again...."

So I says to him...:
"I get pulled over about twice a year and I pay the 70.00 fine.....so, I figger for 140.00 a year, I buy a license to have tinted windows...."

So he wrote me a ticket for no front license plate....

Now I have a license plate with suction cups and just stick it on when they ask me for it.....

Last edited by fabman; 9/17/09 at 11:51 AM.
fabman is offline  
Old 9/17/09, 11:56 AM
  #28891  
Team Mustang Source
 
GottaHaveIt's Avatar
 
Join Date: January 5, 2005
Posts: 11,364
Likes: 0
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
sounds you you may have got his goat ! if they write you a ticket, can they do so within same the same day or is there a time frame ? you get one NOW drive a block get stopped can they nail you again, heck I'd love it if it were Daniaca Patrick Go-Daddy Go or the cop for the add that pulled here over. lol
GottaHaveIt is offline  
Old 9/17/09, 12:03 PM
  #28892  
Mach 1 Member
 
fabman's Avatar
 
Join Date: April 16, 2008
Location: Pleasanton, Ca.
Posts: 674
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by GottaHaveIt View Post
sounds you you may have got his goat ! if they write you a ticket, can they do so within same the same day or is there a time frame ? you get one NOW drive a block get stopped can they nail you again.
Yep, thatís what he said too....so I told him, if I feel like I'm getting harassed for exercising my right to pay the fine instead of taking the tint off I will simply move to the next county and take my tax base with me...and I make a lot of money. He was definitely pissed about that but funny thing, I never got another ticket in that town again....I'm sure it was just coincidence.
fabman is offline  
Old 9/17/09, 12:05 PM
  #28893  
Team Mustang Source
 
GottaHaveIt's Avatar
 
Join Date: January 5, 2005
Posts: 11,364
Likes: 0
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
here's a blast was still stuck from when the site crashed on my lap top
Attached Thumbnails Ponies on The Run (Again)-football09-006.jpg   Ponies on The Run (Again)-football09-010.jpg   Ponies on The Run (Again)-football09-013.jpg  
GottaHaveIt is offline  
Old 9/17/09, 12:09 PM
  #28894  
Mach 1 Member
 
fabman's Avatar
 
Join Date: April 16, 2008
Location: Pleasanton, Ca.
Posts: 674
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by GottaHaveIt View Post
sounds you you may have got his goat ! if they write you a ticket, can they do so within same the same day or is there a time frame ? you get one NOW drive a block get stopped can they nail you again.
Actually they give you 30 or 90 days, i forget....so you could only really get one a month or so....
fabman is offline  
Old 9/17/09, 12:31 PM
  #28895  
Team Mustang Source
 
GottaHaveIt's Avatar
 
Join Date: January 5, 2005
Posts: 11,364
Likes: 0
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by fabman View Post
Actually they give you 30 or 90 days, i forget....so you could only really get one a month or so....
for the same occurance then right ?
GottaHaveIt is offline  
Old 9/17/09, 12:33 PM
  #28896  
Team Mustang Source
 
GottaHaveIt's Avatar
 
Join Date: January 5, 2005
Posts: 11,364
Likes: 0
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by TacoBill View Post
Ed, go eat a donut, relax, and come back and re-word this so us non-Canadians understand it.
sorry if you get stopped for a tinted window offence just power them down and say like whats the problem ? now you see it now you don't sorry no sugar for me I get to hyper never did like it on cereal either
GottaHaveIt is offline  
Old 9/17/09, 12:39 PM
  #28897  
Team Mustang Source
 
habu's Avatar
 
Join Date: September 14, 2005
Location: SoCal
Posts: 3,477
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by fabman View Post
You know what I always say:

"Do what you want 'till they tell you to stop...."

Besides, it's just a fix it ticket.

Back when tint wasn't so common I used to get pulled over all the time.

A cop told me:
"Just pull the tint off and we'll sign it off".

I said:
"OR...pay the 70.00 fine...."

He says:
"Huh"?

I said:
"Right here on the back of the ticket....OR pay a 70.00 fine...."

He replies:
"But then you could get ticketed again...."

So I says to him...:
"I get pulled over about twice a year and I pay the 70.00 fine.....so, I figger for 140.00 a year, I buy a license to have tinted windows...."

So he wrote me a ticket for no front license plate....

Now I have a license plate with suction cups and just stick it on when they ask me for it.....
smarta$$... there's one in every crowd



Or you could be like me... try to be good and not put limo-tint on the drivers and pass. windows, get popped anyway. Still play the "good citizen" role and pay to have it removed and the fix-it ticket, then pay the fine. When I asked if they needed to see the car they said "nope" stamped the ticket and asked for the 10 bucks.

Now, limo-tint and I'll worry about it when it happens.

Last edited by habu; 9/17/09 at 12:42 PM.
habu is offline  
Old 9/17/09, 01:02 PM
  #28898  
Mach 1 Member
 
fabman's Avatar
 
Join Date: April 16, 2008
Location: Pleasanton, Ca.
Posts: 674
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by GottaHaveIt View Post
for the same occurance then right ?
They give you a grace period to get the infraction corrected....after its expired, THEN they can give you another ticket....
fabman is offline  
Old 9/17/09, 01:03 PM
  #28899  
Mach 1 Member
 
fabman's Avatar
 
Join Date: April 16, 2008
Location: Pleasanton, Ca.
Posts: 674
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by habu View Post
smarta$$... there's one in every crowd



Or you could be like me... try to be good and not put limo-tint on the drivers and pass. windows, get popped anyway. Still play the "good citizen" role and pay to have it removed and the fix-it ticket, then pay the fine. When I asked if they needed to see the car they said "nope" stamped the ticket and asked for the 10 bucks.

Now, limo-tint and I'll worry about it when it happens.
There ya go....
fabman is offline  
Old 9/17/09, 01:06 PM
  #28900  
Mach 1 Member
 
fabman's Avatar
 
Join Date: April 16, 2008
Location: Pleasanton, Ca.
Posts: 674
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by habu View Post
smarta$$... there's one in every crowd



Or you could be like me... try to be good and not put limo-tint on the drivers and pass. windows, get popped anyway. Still play the "good citizen" role and pay to have it removed and the fix-it ticket, then pay the fine. When I asked if they needed to see the car they said "nope" stamped the ticket and asked for the 10 bucks.

Now, limo-tint and I'll worry about it when it happens.
Remember my Motto:
"Do what you want 'till they tell you to stop...."
fabman is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Ponies on The Run (Again)


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.